Eman
timzink
REWB
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
danyjr
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dat Boy Inside Him... Empty Dat Boy Inside Him...

Post by danyjr Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:43 pm

For a player of RVP's class, being 29, it is more than deserved for him to win his first EPL title. It is almost a crime that he hadn't won this title before. Arsenal fans must form a ground of honour for this man for what he did for Arsenal this weekend.

:bow: Dat boy inside RVP :bow:

Congratulations to Manchester United. They clearly were the most consistent team, even though they weren't the best team in EPL on their day (imo).
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Dat Boy Inside Him... Empty Re: Dat Boy Inside Him...

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:50 pm

danyjr wrote:

Congratulations to Manchester United. They clearly were the most consistent team, even though they weren't the best team in EPL on their day (imo).

Who would you say are?
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:11 pm

on a one off? id say chelsea
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:13 pm

Naah, City bettered Chelsea.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:15 pm

actually yeah i dont know what i was thinking. no its man utd, they are the best. they even proved it vs rm aswell.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by timzink Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:23 pm

the little boy inside rvp :bow:
congratulations to man u and rvp . i would have loved him to have stayed at arsenal but im glad hes stayed in the epl and a player of his quality deserves to win major trophies... or trophies of any kind
timzink
timzink
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:19 pm

danyjr wrote:For a player of RVP's class, being 29, it is more than deserved for him to win his first EPL title. It is almost a crime that he hadn't won this title before. Arsenal fans must form a ground of honour for this man for what he did for Arsenal this weekend.
Why would we thank him for forcing us to sell him and then guiding one of our biggest rivals to glory while we struggled all season to cope with his loss? Why would we thank him for throwing us into a fight to barely make a CL spot while making our club look obsolete and more broken than it's been in a long time? If him and Song had never left, we would have competed for the title ffs.

Congrats for proving himself right in terms of winning trophies, but it doesn't make his actions any more forgivable.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:26 pm

Eman wrote:
danyjr wrote:For a player of RVP's class, being 29, it is more than deserved for him to win his first EPL title. It is almost a crime that he hadn't won this title before. Arsenal fans must form a ground of honour for this man for what he did for Arsenal this weekend.
Why would we thank him for forcing us to sell him and then guiding one of our biggest rivals to glory while we struggled all season to cope with his loss? Why would we thank him for throwing us into a fight to barely make a CL spot while making our club look obsolete and more broken than it's been in a long time? If him and Song had never left, we would have competed for the title ffs.

Congrats for proving himself right in terms of winning trophies, but it doesn't make his actions any more forgivable.

Woah, I don't think so. Laughing
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:27 pm

WE WILL NOT BE MOVEDDDDD!

CHAMPIONS OF ENGLAND! CHAMPIONS OF ENGLAND!
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:31 pm

izzy wrote:
Eman wrote:

People kept trying to shove Chelsea down our throats as legit contenders before the season started, so why is it so ludicrous to assume we could be too with our current squad + Song and RVP?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:31 pm

If him and Song had never left, we would have competed for the title ffs.

I know this is a touchy subject, and I don't necessarily disagree with the statement, but we can't blame our failures on them. Players leave all the time and the best players will go to clubs that have the best chances of winning silverware. Our club needs to accept that fact and replace them with the right players.

I'm sure Arsenal will form a guard of honour this weekend, but for the whole of Manchester United, not just for van Persie. Congratulations to him for finally winning a league title, but it's time to move on, if we already haven't.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:35 pm

Lex wrote:
izzy wrote:
Eman wrote:

People kept trying to shove Chelsea down our throats as legit contenders before the season started, so why is it so ludicrous to assume we could be too with our current squad + Song and RVP?

Well, I never considered Chelsea contenders once this season as Di Matteo was a really limited coach.

However, are you trying to tell that had Wenger known that RVP and Song were staying, he would have went after Cazorla, Giroud and Podolski?

I don't think he would and quite honestly, the only visable improvements I see from Arsenal this season is, Koscielney, Walcott, Wilshere, Gibbs to an extent and maybe Arteta.

Forgive me for not thinking that would be enough to compete for the title. I'm not buying it.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:36 pm

izzy wrote:
Eman wrote:

All season, our issues have been not having a prolific and consistent scorer while our midfield has been all fecked up by no DM being present. Even as talented as they are, our current batch of CMs haven't been able to cope physically with most EPL teams for the majority of the season when Diaby wasn't playing until recently when Arsene figured out that the Arteta-Ramsey combination can handle it. Those same problems have been the reason we have lost just about every single game we have lost this season, outside of maybe at LB when we had to play Santos earlier in the year, but Wenger fixed that in January by signing Monreal.

Some people will blame our GKs or CBs for being poor in spells and say that those are positions we're poor too, but honestly even then it was 90% our midfield giving them no protection whatsoever. In recent games when Koscielny, Mertesacker, and a confident GK have been playing with a proper midfield in front of them, our defensive play has been outstanding. We could maybe use another CB for variety but we are still decent at the back.

Losing RvP was a kick right in the nuts, and losing Song was a death blow. Bring them back in and you can't really point at any position in the team where we'd have been that bad. We actually would have had a complete team for the first time since we last won a trophy, and Man Utd would not have had RvP of course, so we definitely would have been at least in the mix.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:39 pm

Congrats to United
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:42 pm

The little boy was right in the end Proud

Congrats to Van Persie.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:43 pm

Eman wrote:
All season, our issues have been not having a prolific and consistent scorer while our midfield has been all fecked up by no DM being present. Even as talented as they are, our current batch of CMs haven't been able to cope physically with most EPL teams for the majority of the season when Diaby wasn't playing until recently when Arsene figured out that the Arteta-Ramsey combination can handle it. Those same problems have been the reason we have lost just about every single game we have lost this season, outside of maybe at LB when we had to play Santos earlier in the year, but Wenger fixed that in January by signing Monreal.

Some people will blame our GKs or CBs for being poor in spells and say that those are positions we're poor too, but honestly even then it was 90% our midfield giving them no protection whatsoever. In recent games when Koscielny, Mertesacker, and a confident GK have been playing with a proper midfield in front of them, our defensive play has been outstanding.

Losing RvP was a kick right in the nuts, and losing Song was a death blow. Bring them back in and you can't really point at any position in the team where we'd have been that bad. We actually would have had a complete team for the first time since we last won a trophy, and Man Utd would not have had RvP of course, so we definitely would have been at least in the mix.

Right there, that bit in red ends the discussion for me. If Wenger can't see that then what else can you say. This is all ifs and buts, but really, was Wenger going to buy Cazorla, Giroud and Podolski had RVP and Song stayed?

Was Song and RVP going to play at a consitant level to compete for the title?
Why was a proper DM not bought when Diaby is injury prone?
Why not know who your best CBs are before at least Christmas?
Why not bring in a better CF if you needed goals?

All those questions about this team and so much more. I'm not buying, 'Arsenal would have been contenders if.....' It's been 5 years since Arsenal have really been contenders, enough of ifs and buts, produce on the field and maybe your in the discussion.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:43 pm

Congrats United, best team in the country and deserved it.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:43 pm

Giggs has now won more titles than 90 of the 92 football league clubs.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:53 pm

I can understand Arsenal fans grudge, but RVP was right to leave? At his age, it was his last chance contract to be in a team who had all the chance to win.

He wasn't as young as Nasri and Fabregas and did not leave for the money.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:57 pm

Dat intelligent boy inside of him Proud

RG told me on the chat he's going to stand up and clap for RvP when he walks out of the Emirates tunnel.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:00 pm

OLpower wrote:I can understand Arsenal fans grudge, but RVP was right to leave? At his age, it was his last chance contract to be in a team who had all the chance to win.

He wasn't as young as Nasri and Fabregas and did not leave for the money.

I'm happy for RVP and I think he made the right decision but come on money definitely influenced his decision.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:01 pm

He deserves it.

There was nothing wrong with him moving to Man Utd either. I agree, he's almost 30 and he didn't really win anything. Now he's helped Man Utd win the title and I'm sure he's ecstatic currently.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:04 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:He deserves it.

There was nothing wrong with him moving to Man Utd either. I agree, he's almost 30 and he didn't really win anything. Now he's helped Man Utd win the title and I'm sure he's ecstatic currently.

Yes there was. Their rivals ffs.

However, Arsenal really need to look at themselves in the summer because United fans I talk to are viewing them as relevant as Leeds Utd.

It's pathetic, something needs to be done.

Last edited by izzy on Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:04 pm

Oh the price I would pay for the chance to throw a cinder block through his windshield Proud
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:07 pm

izzy wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:He deserves it.

Yes there was. Their rivals ffs.

However, Arsenal really need to look at themselves in the summer because United fans I talk to are viewing them as relevant as Leeds Utd.

It's pathetic, something needs to be done.

Then you need to talk to some new intelligent Utd fans.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum