Assesing our Attack

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Assesing our Attack Empty Assesing our Attack

Post by Kick Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:58 am

Last part of our team left to assess, The shortest part too. So I will keep this short sharp and shiny. I will also look at possible targets and what they would bring to the team if we purchased them. I am sure you will all agree, we could do with a better CF.

Dembinho Bassi, He scores some great goals, he threatens the attacks for 90 minutes each game, he poaches and he enjoys giving out magical masks to team mates. What more could you want in a striker? Well, for the most part, not much but every so often, I find myself thinking, if only Ba was 20% better, he would be world class. Thats the problem with Ba, Hes not world class. He will never be world class. He will remain what he is, a great squad player and overall a very useful player to have around. He will remain a starter at this club as long as it is just him and Torres but as soon as someone better comes along, He will become very familar with the bench.
Don't get me wrong, I love Ba to bits but he is never going to be the striker we need, he is going to be the back up striker we need and he will always be better than Torres. A great purchase overall, one that I would make every time and never regret it.

El Zero, Zorres, La Nina, Nina, Roman's sloppy seconds and FSW's current fling. Call her (him) what you want, Torres is still Torres. She (he) shows glimspes of decent form for a few weeks, then proceeds to go missing for 4-8 months before scoring a few more goals and causing all the fan girls to proclaim their saviour is back! Hate him or hate him, Torres is going to be here for a few seasons yet, I can only hope our management has the brains to realise what a mistake they made and bring someone better in so Torres gets relegated to the bench behind Ba.
I think as soon as Zorres takes off the mask someone should break his nose again so he has to keep wearing it, maybe then we'll have two decent strikers for an extended period of time.

Possible strikers:
Gomez, a better version of Ba, possibly on the out of Bayern as he has been relegated to the bench for large parts of the season. Does miss the occasional chance but scores his fair share of goals.

Falcao, The ultimate poacher, would certainly thrive in front of Mazarcar. Would make our striker force lethal However, his price tag of 50M Euros would make us think twice.

Lewandowski, Not the finisher we need but would make our build up play very sexy and would work hard for the team as well as scoring a decent amount of goals. He seems to be leaving Dortmund and that would make him cheaper, however, Bayern a interested according to reports which could make it a challenge to land him.

Benzema, a great young striker who brings a lot to the team, he wouldn't be cheap but according to some reports, is fed up with his role at Madrid and wants to leave.

Higiuan, Another poacher type player who would score a decent amount of goals for us. Been out of sorts recently and has struggled someone this season compared to previous seasons.

Cavani: the chin, a great goal scorer however, like Falcao, would cost an arm and a leg.

Lukaku (loan return): While he may not be ready yet, he is better than Torres for the most part of the season. Could stay behind Ba next season and with some improvement could be a starter in the not too distant future.

Well, thats it. Let me know what you thought.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 34795
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Assesing our Attack Empty Re: Assesing our Attack

Post by Shed Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:43 am

@Kick wrote:Dembinho Bassi, He scores some great goals, he threatens the attacks for 90 minutes each game, he poaches and he enjoys giving out magical masks to team mates. What more could you want in a striker? Well, for the most part, not much but every so often, I find myself thinking, if only Ba was 20% better, he would be world class. Thats the problem with Ba, Hes not world class. He will never be world class. He will remain what he is, a great squad player and overall a very useful player to have around. He will remain a starter at this club as long as it is just him and Torres but as soon as someone better comes along, He will become very familar with the bench.
Don't get me wrong, I love Ba to bits but he is never going to be the striker we need, he is going to be the back up striker we need and he will always be better than Torres. A great purchase overall, one that I would make every time and never regret it.
Agreed. He's a great striker and is definitely good enough to be an important player for Chelsea in the coming years and I believe he will be, but is he gonna win you the Premiership or take you to the semifinals of the Champions League? Unlikely.




@Kick wrote:El Zero, Zorres, La Nina, Nina, Roman's sloppy seconds and FSW's current fling. Call her (him) what you want, Torres is still Torres. She (he) shows glimspes of decent form for a few weeks, then proceeds to go missing for 4-8 months before scoring a few more goals and causing all the fan girls to proclaim their saviour is back! Hate him or hate him, Torres is going to be here for a few seasons yet, I can only hope our management has the brains to realise what a mistake they made and bring someone better in so Torres gets relegated to the bench behind Ba.
rofl brilliant synopsis

In all honesty, if the club can find a way to get rid of him, they will. He doesn't offer anything but garbage goals against all the minnows (#europaleagueslayer) and is always going to be a huge distraction with so much brouhaha always surrounding him from the media and the sort. Whether it's a permanent deal (which will be tough), swap (not likely but not totally out of the question), or even a loan a la Sheva, I can definitely see the club doing everything in their power to dump this scam-artist.





@Kick wrote:Gomez, a better version of Ba, possibly on the out of Bayern as he has been relegated to the bench for large parts of the season. Does miss the occasional chance but scores his fair share of goals.

Assesing our Attack 407




@Kick wrote:Falcao, The ultimate poacher, would certainly thrive in front of Mazarcar. Would make our striker force lethal However, his price tag of 50M Euros would make us think twice.
Have become increasingly weary of this for the last several months or so. Our record with big-name, big-money strikers is abysmal as it is, and blowing £50m on one player - especially one who's already 27 - seems a colossal waste and a very big risk. Possibility of flopping is high with this one, I feel, and that's the absolute last thing we can afford right now.




@Kick wrote:Lewandowski, Not the finisher we need but would make our build up play very sexy and would work hard for the team as well as scoring a decent amount of goals. He seems to be leaving Dortmund and that would make him cheaper, however, Bayern a interested according to reports which could make it a challenge to land him.
Don't know how you can say he's not a finisher. He has 30 in 41 in all comps, including 22 in 26 in the League and 6 in 10 in Europe. He's also got just a year left on his contract which would make his fee markedly lower than that of a Falcao, Cavani type. He may not carry the super-star status or mass hype that those two do, but he's a very, very good player in his own right and is not too far behind either of them at all IMO. The rumoured interest from Bayern could be an issue but IMO he should be one of our #1 targets for the striking position in the summer.




@Kick wrote:Benzema, a great young striker who brings a lot to the team, he wouldn't be cheap but according to some reports, is fed up with his role at Madrid and wants to leave.

Higiuan, Another poacher type player who would score a decent amount of goals for us. Been out of sorts recently and has struggled someone this season compared to previous seasons.
If either Falcao or Cavani ends up at the Bernabeu this summer (which is likely, methinks), one of these will almost certainly be up for sale, and either would be a very good option to target.




@Kick wrote:Cavani: the chin, a great goal scorer however, like Falcao, would cost an arm and a leg.
Cavani :wub:
The Herculean build, the long, luscious, waving locks, and of course the rock-like chin are enough to make even straight men think twice Proud. He'd be a brilliant addition to the side, without any doubt. Would also really add the star celebrity status to the Chelsea strikeforce that it's lacked for many years and is badly, badly behind on compared to United and City, as would Falcao. Unfortunately, also like Falcao, he'd cost an absolute arm and a leg. Is it worth it? Up to the Chelsea hierarchy to decide.




@Kick wrote:Lukaku (loan return): While he may not be ready yet, he is better than Torres for the most part of the season. Could stay behind Ba next season and with some improvement could be a starter in the not too distant future.
Kraken Proud
What a warrior Proud

Is good enough to play for Chelsea even at his young age but is he ready or mature enough to lead the line regularly? No, i don't think so. It's natural to be tempted to bring him back to make up the numbers, but is it really wise to keep him at the club just to sit on the bench every week, especially when he could be starting week-in week-out at a mid-table club on loan? What's most important for him at this crucial stage in his young, budding career is that he's playing regularly and continuing to grow and develop as a player (and we've seen what even these past 8 months at West Brom have done for his growth after a completely stagnant year of bench-riding initiated by the lovely AVB), and he's just not going to get that at Chelsea. The fact that this will be a World Cup year will also make Lulu himself eager to play as much as possible, as he has a real chance of getting into the squad that travels to Brazil if he gets the kind of playing time throughout this next season to prove he's deserving of it. It sounds crazy considering what a revelation he's been this season, but I think it would be best if he went back out on loan next year.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 23683
Join date : 2012-05-28
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Assesing our Attack Empty Re: Assesing our Attack

Post by Kick Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:26 am

Even longer than my post. Proud

I'll reply to it when I get the chance.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 34795
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Assesing our Attack Empty Re: Assesing our Attack

Post by Shed Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:39 am

@Kick wrote:Even longer than my post. Proud

I'll reply to it when I get the chance.
Thumbs up
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 23683
Join date : 2012-05-28
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Assesing our Attack Empty Re: Assesing our Attack

Post by Blue Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:49 pm

Forget Cavani and Falcao they are extremely overpriced and don't offer much beside scoring.

Our #1 target should be between these two striker:

Assesing our Attack Lewan_1624554a

Assesing our Attack _50028525_benzema466
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 2825
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Assesing our Attack Empty Re: Assesing our Attack

Post by Kick Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:27 pm

Well, there are written down there Razz
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 34795
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Assesing our Attack Empty Re: Assesing our Attack

Post by danyjr Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:44 pm

Not sure about any of those. I personally think Torres will be sold at the end of the season and Falcao will join. He's the type of striker Chelsea's future coach likes.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors
Posts : 7641
Join date : 2012-02-24

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Assesing our Attack Empty Re: Assesing our Attack

Post by Shed Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:46 pm

@danyjr wrote:Not sure about any of those. I personally think Torres will be sold at the end of the season and Falcao will join. He's the type of striker Chelsea's future coach likes.
Crystal ball? scratch
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 23683
Join date : 2012-05-28
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Assesing our Attack Empty Re: Assesing our Attack

Post by Kick Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:21 am

I'd love basically any of the strikers I listed. Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 34795
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Assesing our Attack Empty Re: Assesing our Attack

Post by Shed Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:22 am

@Kick wrote:I'd love basically any of the strikers I listed. Laughing
Same. Except for GLOLmez, that is :coffee:
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 23683
Join date : 2012-05-28
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Assesing our Attack Empty Re: Assesing our Attack

Post by Kick Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:34 am

GLOLmez has a ring to it. Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 34795
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Assesing our Attack Empty Re: Assesing our Attack

Post by Shed Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:35 am

You forgot Sewerat on here, btw :coffee:


Laughing
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 23683
Join date : 2012-05-28
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Assesing our Attack Empty Re: Assesing our Attack

Post by Kick Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:38 am

Who? lol.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 34795
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Assesing our Attack Empty Re: Assesing our Attack

Post by Shed Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:40 am

@Kick wrote:Who? lol.
Suarez Laughing
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 23683
Join date : 2012-05-28
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Assesing our Attack Empty Re: Assesing our Attack

Post by Kick Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:41 am

Figured, Why would we want him?

He'll never play for us so no point adding him.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 34795
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Assesing our Attack Empty Re: Assesing our Attack

Post by Shed Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:43 am

Oh he would, but I wouldn't want him anyway. An absolute disgrace of a human being and isn't what we need anyway.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 23683
Join date : 2012-05-28
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Assesing our Attack Empty Re: Assesing our Attack

Post by Kick Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:33 am

50 shots for one goal. No thanks. Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 34795
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Assesing our Attack Empty Re: Assesing our Attack

Post by Uncanny Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:47 am

Have you guys heard of Welliton? hes brazilian (about 25 i think) and plays in the russian league, I did a little poking and he is supposed to be really good although hes never been called up to the national team, anyway he will be 20mil or below, another striker option, but I don't know how he would fair in the premier league?
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 1595
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Assesing our Attack Empty Re: Assesing our Attack

Post by Kick Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:49 am

I have heard of him, he seems decent but I have no idea how he'd do in the EPL.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 34795
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Assesing our Attack Empty Re: Assesing our Attack

Post by iNFINITY9910 Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:17 pm

Sometime ago, I would have said Aguero... well... I would really really like El Sharaaway. Smile
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians
Posts : 4541
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Assesing our Attack Empty Re: Assesing our Attack

Post by Shed Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:58 pm

@iNFINITY9910 wrote:Sometime ago, I would have said Aguero... well... I would really really like El Sharaaway. Smile
Would have had him too had it not been for El Zero Assesing our Attack 2276801876


#blameeverythingontorres Twisted Evil
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 23683
Join date : 2012-05-28
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Assesing our Attack Empty Re: Assesing our Attack

Post by Kick Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:14 pm

SES isn't a CF though, infinity.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 34795
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Assesing our Attack Empty Re: Assesing our Attack

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:28 am

@Kick wrote:SES isn't a CF though, infinity.

SES? Stephen El Sharaway? Very Happy haha... but he is young and awesome, he can adapt.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians
Posts : 4541
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Assesing our Attack Empty Re: Assesing our Attack

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:30 am

ShedEnd1905 wrote:
@iNFINITY9910 wrote:Sometime ago, I would have said Aguero... well... I would really really like El Sharaaway. Smile
Would have had him too had it not been for El Zero Assesing our Attack 2276801876


#blameeverythingontorres Twisted Evil

exactly, then he would never stomp luiz's butt!!! i would still love him, would have been a dream come true for me and my fifa team. sad... we had to spend more money!
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians
Posts : 4541
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Assesing our Attack Empty Re: Assesing our Attack

Post by Kick Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:31 am

@iNFINITY9910 wrote:
@Kick wrote:SES isn't a CF though, infinity.

SES? Stephen El Sharaway? Very Happy haha... but he is young and awesome, he can adapt.

Yeah. I never bothered to learn his name and everyone 'round here calls him SES.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 34795
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Assesing our Attack Empty Re: Assesing our Attack

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum