The Franchise
Zealous
VanDeezNuts
teamanarchy
15 posters

Go down

Some football ethics Empty Some football ethics

Post by teamanarchy Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:57 pm

I don't know if any of you have read the Sid Lowe article in the Guardiola? [http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/apr/12/bayern-munich-barcelona-pep-guardiola]
In any event, he brings a good point of discussion up...

"On the one hand, Jupp [Heynckes] is still the coach of Bayern and Pep does not arrive until June," Matthias Sammer, Bayern's sporting director, said. "On the other, it is a matter of respect: this is an ethical question."

I'm a philosophy major.
What is UEFA's position on what Pep is allowed to do here?
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Some football ethics Empty Re: Some football ethics

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:15 pm

i doubt they will even be able to put this on blast. he will likely be at the matches but its not like he will be decked out in all barca gear wearing a messi jersey.

the real ethical/unethical debate is about why bayern announced their new manager halfway through the season.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:58 pm

Just ask for Mourinho's tapes ffs.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:53 pm

This is a non issue.

First of all, Pep is too respectable to get involved. Its not his place to tell the Bayern coach what to do. But more important, he has no reason to help anyone.

Second, everyone already knows how Barca play...there is no secret to what we do, there never has been. The reason we win is despite of this, its pretty hard to stop.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:51 am

vanDEEZ wrote:the real ethical/unethical debate is about why bayern announced their new manager halfway through the season.
As far as I know, Bayern didn't want to announce Pep's signing until the end of the season, but something leaked to some newspapers. From what I heard, KHR and Hoeneß were pretty much furious about this as they were thus forced to announce the signing too early. (They did keep the signing under complete wraps for almost a month after all)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:48 am

Like I said earlier, the plan was to keep the signing secret, let Guardiola troll the media by praising the EPL for distraction and surprise the world with a German speaking Pep.

Also these quotes are relevant and true:

"No German knows Spanish football better than Heynckes." - Rumenigge

"I know Barcelona inside out - philosophy, tactics, players. Maybe I know them better than my own team." Heynckes.

The last time Heynckes said something like this was about Juventus and you all saw what happened when Juve didn't change things up.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:53 am

Everyone knows Barcelona, anyone who doesnt I question what they are doing in football.

Been doing much of the same things for half a decade, and before then it was purely a less effective version of the same idea.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:05 am

I would worry more about Pep spilling the beans on individual weaknesses of the players themselves. Something we might not know because the Barcelona system covers up individual weaknesses so well.

I think the only way he helps is if Jupp approaches Pep, but I doubt it will happen.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:10 am

Yeah, like I could see Jupp not knowing that Messi has a weakness for burgers, or Xavi has a weakness for people who deceive, or suffer.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:52 am

Apparently Juup lost his sh*t when a journalist asked whether he'd ask Guardiola for help lol

Beckenbaur also hinted that they should ask Pep.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:28 pm

Zealous wrote:Apparently Juup lost his sh*t when a journalist asked whether he'd ask Guardiola for help lol

Beckenbaur also hinted that they should ask Pep.

Of course he did, as I said in the Jupp-thread, that's extremely disrespectful. Jupp has been coaching like 30 years more than Pep has, why the eff would he ask Pep for help?

Not that Pep isn't a good coach and might have something to offer, but the entire hype around Guardiola is really insulting to Don Jupp, who has given Bayern two very good seasons already, whatever happens next.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:04 pm

Going to be interesting to see how Pep does because it's not like Bayern need to be taken to the next level or anything. They're already really good.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:56 pm

I seriously doubt pep will give any information to Bayern regarding barca's tactics etc., and I admire him form this. On the other hand, he has every right to do so, if he wishes.

Pep is Bayern's incoming manager. He's no longer employed by Barcelona.he currently has no ethical responsibilities toward the Catalan club. The only question is his remaining love for Barca. He may yet retain some loyalty, which would be completely understandable. If you want to be extremely cynical, you might even say he doesn't want to hhelp, because he could benefit from heynckes failing to win once again.

I doubt the latter is true, but his residual affection for barca will most likely prevent him from taking any part in this tie.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:16 pm

Pep is employed by Bayern now. Unless he has a confidentiality and/or non disclose agreement signed with Barca, it's his reponsibility to help his current employer to the best of his ability. End of.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by spanky Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:09 pm

sportsczy wrote:Pep is employed by Bayern now. Unless he has a confidentiality and/or non disclose agreement signed with Barca, it's his reponsibility to help his current employer to the best of his ability. End of.

no he isnt employed by bayern now.... he will be employed by bayern in a few months but atm he isnt their employee.
spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:35 pm

Jürgen Klopp, manager of Borussia Dortmund, talked about a possible call by Bayern to Guardiola in order to ask him how they can slow Barcelona down in the Champions League semi-finals. "I'll bet my life they call Pep", he joked.

Kloppo Proud
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:13 pm

Klopp considering himself to be Mourinho. rofl

It will be funny to see his reactions after he gets his arse handed out to him by Madrid in semis and Bayern next season.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:27 pm

Naw. Klopp considers himself to be Klopp. He usually makes funny comments. BTW, KHR retaliated in style (paraphrased):

"Klopp better should have bet his hair as that he could replace with just another hair transplant. His ass we might keep in our museum instead."
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:31 pm

Guardiola will probably be surporting Barcelona for 2 reasons

1) It's his home club where he was an apprentice, a player, a manager and is a club legend. They are playing with most of the principles HE instilled with them. If Barcelona win, Cruyff and Pep win.

2) If Bayern goes on to win it, what will he go there to do? Change a potentially treble winning forumla? Too much pressure for him.

jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:55 pm

I'd actually wager that Bayern winning the CL would mean less pressure for Guardiola. There would be no pressure to win the CL and he'd just have to focus on the league which is a cakewalk at this point.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:22 pm

Phritz wrote:"I know Barcelona inside out - philosophy, tactics, players. Maybe I know them better than my own team." Heynckes.

Am I missing something here? Last time he coached in Spain was a decade ago and he never had anything to do with Barca. Why would he know the current Barca players better than his own team? hmm

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:23 pm

spanky wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Pep is employed by Bayern now. Unless he has a confidentiality and/or non disclose agreement signed with Barca, it's his reponsibility to help his current employer to the best of his ability. End of.

no he isnt employed by bayern now.... he will be employed by bayern in a few months but atm he isnt their employee.

He's already under contract although it's deferred. If Bayern ask for his advice, what's he gonna do... say no lol. You just don't do that. It's obvious a lot of you guys are really young and haven't worked in the corporate world. Again, unless there's an agreement that precludes him from doing it, he's going to help Bayern and it's the right thing to do.

Besides, there's not some secrete recipe he can dish out lol. The tactics that Barca will use and the ones that are effective against them have been out for a bit now.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:10 pm

Time to put that info Pep gathered from spying on Pique to good use Twisted Evil

Could you imagine Bayern players just talking to him about personal stuff he thought nobody knew? He's on a yellow as well hmm
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum