Can Malaga upset the odds and make history?

+20
BAYERN_MUNICH
Arquitecto
iftikhar
che
white_star
rwo power
free_cat
BarrileteCosmico
Zealous
Pedram
Harmonica
Toffer Harley
Great Leader Sprucenuce
EL Patron
halamadrid2
Kaladin
RealGunner
Onyx
billy_gr
Ausi90
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Can Malaga upset the odds and make history? Empty Can Malaga upset the odds and make history?

Post by Ausi90 Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:26 pm

Can they make the semifinals?

I don't know much about Malaga and how strong they are, but seing as they topped a group with Milan and eliminated the Europa League holders and a regular Champions League team in Porto, they can't be a weak team. So where exactly do they stand against Dortmund, can they defeat Dortmund who have been impressive themselves?

Ausi90
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Can Malaga upset the odds and make history? Empty Re: Can Malaga upset the odds and make history?

Post by billy_gr Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:53 pm

Unlikely but go Malaga :bow:
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Can Malaga upset the odds and make history? Empty Re: Can Malaga upset the odds and make history?

Post by Onyx Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:08 pm

Dortmund aren't all that better than Malaga. Sure Dortmund beat Real Madrid, but so did Malaga, doesn't make them better than Real Madrid.

So it wouldn't really be an upset.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:09 pm

Would love that. Malaga to do a porto :bow:

Isco for balon d'Or :bow:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:15 pm

Hummels is out, so Malaga can definitley cause trouble

Also i think Camacho deserves a bit of recognition besides Isco (not hating) he has been great of the times i've seen him.

Still Isco has been a stud :bow:
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:20 pm

billy_gr wrote:Unlikely but go Malaga :bow:
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:23 pm

No Chance, Gotze and Co will run riot
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:36 pm

They can but i don't think they will.... Quarter finals is a massive achievement for them regardless though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:45 pm

sure it can happen, but i don't really see a defense with demichelis look good against lewa, götze, reus and kuba..

apart from that, santana is a really good backup CB. hummels will be missed but i don't think that he will be a weakspot either.
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:51 pm

I hope so, the world is with you Malaga.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:30 pm

I'm putting my money on Malaga.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:48 pm

I think Malaga can do it. Dortmund struggle against teams with skillful players in the 10 position. Malaga have one in Isco.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:52 pm

Zealous wrote:I think Malaga can do it. Dortmund struggle against teams with skillful players in the 10 position. Malaga have one in Isco.

Explain why they are unbeaten in the competition then?

Harmonica wrote:I hope so, the world is with you Malaga.

Nah just La Liga fans Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:11 pm

The only elite team Dortmund have faced in the CL so far this season is Real Madrid.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:14 pm

Mole that doesn't mean they don't struggle against skillful number 10's. The way they play leaves a pocket in between their lines.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:19 pm

It'd be cool to see Pellegrini a) become the first manager to take 2 debutant teams to semis and b) go farther in the CL than real madrid due to Mourinho's "When I leave Madrid I won't to go a club like Malaga"

But I can't give them more than a 25% chance
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:23 pm

Zealous wrote:Mole that doesn't mean they don't struggle against skillful number 10's. The way they play leaves a pocket in between their lines.

I haven't noticed it myself, but we will see.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:26 pm

Madrid struggles vs German teams so I'm supporting Dortmund 100%.

Having said this, I think Malaga can win. They are in a similar level to Dortmund.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:34 pm

Well, in football everything is possible :coffee:

I'll keep my fingers crossed for Dortmund, though. bounce
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:45 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:The only elite team Dortmund have faced in the CL so far this season is Real Madrid.

What is that you are trying to get at? Dortmund beat Madrid and are undefeated in Cl that makes them a great team in this years competition. Stop trying to downplay a team when you have no reason to!

Your so called elite team needed a ref to get past the round of 16 so don't go to far ahead with your downplaying.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:58 pm

Malaga have only lost once this season and that against Porto through an offside goal

they definitely have what it takes to go through, hope Pelle can cook up another masterclass
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:24 pm

white_star wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:The only elite team Dortmund have faced in the CL so far this season is Real Madrid.

What is that you are trying to get at? Dortmund beat Madrid and are undefeated in Cl that makes them a great team in this years competition. Stop trying to downplay a team when you have no reason to!

Your so called elite team needed a ref to get past the round of 16 so don't go to far ahead with your downplaying.

Malaga have also beaten Real Madrid this season, doesn't make them better or elite. Celtic beat Barca, doesn't make them better than Barca. Being undefeated doesn't really mean anything.

That tackle from Nani was a red card. Also Real Madrid could have beaten Man Utd without the red card too, since I'm sure Mourinho would have made some changes.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by che Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:22 pm

i'm torn... on one hand i want malaga to crash and burn, their owner to ditch them and them going back to being the village club they are, on the other hand they clearly can't handle two competitions at the same time so if they progress their league season is as good as done

ahhh *bleep* it... go dortmund
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:50 pm

malaga are banned from Europe for the next couple of seasons anyways... its now or never for them
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:14 pm

At these stages all games are basically 50/50 and Malaga & Dortmund are rather closely matched. IMO, while Dortmund are burdened with expectations Malaga don't have such worries and will be able to play better.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next