Forza
Kick
Nirgall
52 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Ronaldo vs Ronaldo Empty Ronaldo vs Ronaldo

Post by Nirgall Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:19 am

I think this comparision makes way more sense than the comparison with Messi. Both are predominantly goalscorers, both dominate(d) physically the game, and both work better in a counter attack system.

I know this a hugely unpopular opinion, but i think cristiano is the better one. He has simply been at a high level for a much longer amount of time and his carreer isn't even over yet.
Nirgall
Nirgall
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo vs Ronaldo Empty Re: Ronaldo vs Ronaldo

Post by Kick Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:28 am

Ronaldo is better
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:37 am

Kick wrote:Ronaldo is better
oooh *slow sarcastic clapping*
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgall Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:44 am

My reaction was similar. let's move on.
Nirgall
Nirgall
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:59 am

Ronaldo.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgall Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:06 am

At least the other one was original
Nirgall
Nirgall
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:07 am

Cristiano is not the real Ronaldo.

R9 is better.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:09 am

Comparing a Top 20 GOAT to a Top 80 GOAT... We all know who is going to win...
R9 :bow:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgall Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:12 am

I just think r9 has a much better reputation because of his personality and because of playing in such a packed brazilian national team that allowed him to win the world cup. Cristiano has had a better carreer and more time at a very high level.
Nirgall
Nirgall
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:31 am

The Sanchez wrote:Comparing a Top 20 GOAT to a Top 80 GOAT... We all know who is going to win...

Top 20 & 80 :facepalm: bet that Messi in the best ever right ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgall Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:34 am

likeastar wrote:
The Sanchez wrote:Comparing a Top 20 GOAT to a Top 80 GOAT... We all know who is going to win...

First comment: trolling, second comment: derailing

Go do something else...
Nirgall
Nirgall
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:25 am

We had the same discussion in the Sir Alex thread

Anyway, I think CR has surpassed R9, but it's really close. It's kinda sad to see that CR's attitude has made people rate hin lower in their all time rankings, but he is truly a fine footballer and deserves to be up there with some of the GOATs such as Ronaldo.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:43 pm

Se7en wrote:We had the same discussion in the Sir Alex thread

Anyway, I think CR has surpassed R9, but it's really close. It's kinda sad to see that CR's attitude has made people rate hin lower in their all time rankings, but he is truly a fine footballer and deserves to be up there with some of the GOATs such as Ronaldo.

That has nothing to do with it tbh.... i just think some younger fans underestimate how many true great players there have been.

CR is a great goalscorer but i don't think he's a GOAT.

Saying Ronaldo isn't top 20 isn't a slant on him, just think of how many players there have been in football history Laughing

Even to say your top 100 for example is a massive thing and something to be proud of.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:49 pm

Lol of course Ronaldo Phenomeno

Watch him in his prime, you won't be saying he is better than Cristiano.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:58 pm

what?
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex10 Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:35 pm

R9 was more gifted. Cristiano doesn't have the qualities that R9 had. R9 was technically superb, MUCH better dribbler, kept the ball closer to his feet, was more 2 footed then CR7, was stronger. Speed wise there isn't much difference, R9 had better acceleration in his prime, but otherwise there at the same level. R9 had an amazing accuracy in front of goal and hit the corners with an amazing consistency(kinda like Messi today). He was a better big game player then Cristiano. Now CR7 has accomplished plenty, but he isn't so decisive in big moments and tournaments and doesn't have the impact on the game that R9 had. When he had the ball you always had the feeling that something was about the happen.

Alex10
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:40 am

likeastar wrote:

No. Rate him a top 10 GOAT. Ronaldo clearly is just a goalscorer mate, I was lucky to put him in my Top 80 GOAT.
Most people don't even consider him a GOAT...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:48 am

likeastar wrote:

well duh.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:24 am

Alex10 wrote:R9 was more gifted. Cristiano doesn't have the qualities that R9 had. R9 was technically superb, MUCH better dribbler, kept the ball closer to his feet, was more 2 footed then CR7, was stronger. Speed wise there isn't much difference, R9 had better acceleration in his prime, but otherwise there at the same level. R9 had an amazing accuracy in front of goal and hit the corners with an amazing consistency(kinda like Messi today). He was a better big game player then Cristiano. Now CR7 has accomplished plenty, but he isn't so decisive in big moments and tournaments and doesn't have the impact on the game that R9 had. When he had the ball you always had the feeling that something was about the happen.

Are you serious? I respect the fact that you think Ronaldo is better as I do but you don't need to make up things about the opposition to strengthen your argument.

If you think Cristiano is not decisive in big moments then you must only watch his games against relegation fodder. There is an extensive list of CR7 being decisive in big moments.
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex10 Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:31 pm

julias wrote:
Alex10 wrote:R9 was more gifted. Cristiano doesn't have the qualities that R9 had. R9 was technically superb, MUCH better dribbler, kept the ball closer to his feet, was more 2 footed then CR7, was stronger. Speed wise there isn't much difference, R9 had better acceleration in his prime, but otherwise there at the same level. R9 had an amazing accuracy in front of goal and hit the corners with an amazing consistency(kinda like Messi today). He was a better big game player then Cristiano. Now CR7 has accomplished plenty, but he isn't so decisive in big moments and tournaments and doesn't have the impact on the game that R9 had. When he had the ball you always had the feeling that something was about the happen.

Are you serious? I respect the fact that you think Ronaldo is better as I do but you don't need to make up things about the opposition to strengthen your argument.

If you think Cristiano is not decisive in big moments then you must only watch his games against relegation fodder. There is an extensive list of CR7 being decisive in big moments.
Check R9 stats against big teams and compare them to Cr. Ronaldo. Cristiano was great against Barcelona since coming at Real Madrid but at National team he doesn't hold a candle to R9.

Alex10
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by calmman Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:04 am

I think people here are just nostalgic. R9 has never scored 50 goals in a season. CR7 is about to do it for the 3rd year in a row. CR7 has outscored and out assisted R9 at every level except the international level, but still you think R9 is better since he performed for the freaking Brazilian national team that had Rivaldo, Ronaldinho ect.

If R9 is better, prove it! Apart from international goals, what else does he have on CR7? At this rate CR7 will outscore Ronaldo in 2 seasons and R9 has been a striker his whole career!

calmman
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:09 am

calmman wrote:I think people here are just nostalgic. R9 has never scored 50 goals in a season. CR7 is about to do it for the 3rd year in a row. CR7 has outscored and out assisted R9 at every level except the international level, but still you think R9 is better since he performed for the freaking Brazilian national team that had Rivaldo, Ronaldinho ect.

If R9 is better, prove it! Apart from international goals, what else does he have on CR7? At this rate CR7 will outscore Ronaldo in 2 seasons and R9 has been a striker his whole career!

1. It was harder to score back then, even in La Liga, let alone Serie A.
2. Ronaldo at 20 scored 47 goals in La Liga.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by calmman Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:24 am

likeastar wrote:
calmman wrote:I think people here are just nostalgic. R9 has never scored 50 goals in a season. CR7 is about to do it for the 3rd year in a row. CR7 has outscored and out assisted R9 at every level except the international level, but still you think R9 is better since he performed for the freaking Brazilian national team that had Rivaldo, Ronaldinho ect.

1. It was harder to score back then, even in La Liga, let alone Serie A.
2. Ronaldo at 20 scored 47 goals in La Liga.

1. I'm sorry, I don't believe that. If it's easier to score now, how come only Ronaldo and Messi are scoring over 50 goals a season? Why are no other strikers doing it? In fact the scoring rates for other strikers have remained pretty much the same. Might it be that Ronaldo and Messi are just that good?

2. Firstly, he scored 47 in all competitions, not just in La Liga. And CR7 was a pure winger at that age. And I know he still wasn't as good at 20 as R9 was at 20 but people peak at different times. R9 has never in his career performed at the level that CR7 has been performing for the past 3 years. If he has, name the year!

calmman
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:19 pm

likeastar wrote:1. It was harder to score back then, even in La Liga, let alone Serie A.
No it wasn't.

GPG

96-97 2.75
10-11 2.74
11-12 2.76
12-13 2.85
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ausi90 Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:29 pm

LOL at this thread and anyone who believes CR is anywhere near Ronaldo. If Cristiano is as good or better than ROnaldo, then freaking RObben is as good or better than Garrincha. this must be a joke right?

i like how u all think it's as hard to score now as it was back then u don't have any idea of how the defenders of the past eras were. just because Cristiano or Messi manages to score 20 more tapins than ROnaldo's doesn't mean they are better. Stats are the worst criteria to judge players abilities. LOL at this thread indeed.

Ausi90
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next