Forza
Kick
Nirgall
52 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Ronaldo vs Ronaldo - Page 6 Empty Re: Ronaldo vs Ronaldo

Post by FelixMagic Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:03 pm

R9 for me, more dangerous in his best days. Cr7 is just another Inzaghi more skillfull and with a better body.

FelixMagic
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:47 pm

R9 without any doubts. CR7 may get more goals, but R9 was a much better team player and got much better team results.

The ballon d'or means little to me as it singles out individual efforts in a team game. And it makes guys like Ronaldo more concerned about his own performace (which to him translates into only goals) than his team.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:53 pm

Even with me being a massive CR7 fan, this is a no contest. R9 anyday.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:31 pm

PreInjury R9
---
---
---
---
CR
Post Injury R9
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:39 pm

Don't call me James wrote:PreInjury R9
---
---
---
---
CR
Post Injury R9

pretty much this.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:41 pm

No debate, it's R9. However for Real Madrid only I think the debate is more interesting .

Cr7 at real Madrid VS Ronaldo at Real VS Zidane at Real
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutropin Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:03 am

How is this even a question? A prime R9 could win you games single handily and was one of the most scary attackers ever. When he got the ball he was litterally swarmed by defenders.

CR7 looks good in highlight videos and stats but to judge football you actually have to watch full matches
Neutropin
Neutropin
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:24 am

futbol_bill wrote:R9 without any doubts. CR7 may get more goals, but R9 was a much better team player and got much better team results.

The ballon d'or means little to me as it singles out individual efforts in a team game. And it makes guys like Ronaldo more concerned about his own performace (which to him translates into only goals) than his team.

It also helps when you have a much better team around you..

R9 is overrated to hell on this forum. As much as we like to talk shit on this forum about CR, he still has won 2 CLs that he contributed to, league titles, and 3 ballon d'ors.

Besides, its not that CR is that good.. its just that R9 isn't that good. The way people talk about him.. you would've thought he was van basten or cruyff. Lol, not even close.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:33 am

i saw van basten play, not just at milan but at ajax. ronaldo (el phenomeno) wasn't as versatile as marco, but he was better. versatile being; marco was good in the air, more acrobatic, not bad from set pieces etc...but if i were to pick one from the two in their primes, i'm going with ronaldo

i get your argument- not just ucl but even ronaldo's lack of league titles at all those clubs....ronaldo's problem wasn't that he was a flop, or that he couldn't play or avoided big games; his problem was commitment. that commitment he had in 02 before the world cup; dropping all the pounds, getting in shape, working on other aspects of his game and being a team player, once he won that tournament its like he enjoyed the game but not the profession

titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:42 am

titosantill wrote:i saw van basten play, not just at milan but at ajax. ronaldo (el phenomeno) wasn't as versatile as marco, but he was better. versatile being; marco was good in the air, more acrobatic, not bad from set pieces etc...but if i were to pick one from the two in their primes, i'm going with ronaldo

i get your argument- not just ucl but even ronaldo's lack of league titles at all those clubs....ronaldo's problem wasn't that he was a flop, or that he couldn't play or avoided big games; his problem was commitment. that commitment he had in 02 before the world cup; dropping all the pounds, getting in shape, working on other aspects of his game and being a team player, once he won that tournament its like he enjoyed the game but not the profession

That goes into being a good player. Honestly for all of CR's flaws you can't say he hasn't been consistent and fit for tons of seasons.

Even Ronaldinho had more top seasons then R9. I get when people hype R9 and everything.. there's some truth to the fear he brought into players. But the dude literally had a few good years (and I'm not counting the injuries). And in those good years, statistically he was never close to CR (while playing as a striker).

but truth is he wasn't shit for us, he could never really play a season fit, he let go of himself physically very early in his career and his world cup had a lot to do with his teammates and not just himself.

In fact, in that world cup, he scored what we would call "tap ins". you know, the same goals we hate on CR for Laughing

And if no one in this thread rates a players career by their consistency or fitness then I can see how someone like messi is always underrated. Dude has literally done it all and wins for fun EVERY season and you'll see maradona and pele being rated higher.. yeah right Laughing

Bottom line.. R9 had a couple godly seasons perhaps.. but even that's pushing it. Cristiano has been at the top of his game for seasons on end.

Talent wise? I don't give a shit, who was better in the end? Let's cut the romanticism shall we?
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:42 am

saddest thing about marco (and one can say the same about ronaldo) was we never really saw the real van basten play. people think milan was his peak, he was crazy at ajax and even then, we never really saw the real van basten. i don't think that man ever played any game from his late ajax years throughout milan at close to a hundred percent; he played games in pain and anytime there was a tackle or contact on him you kind of paused....if they had the medicine they had now back then, who knows what he could have achieved? as far as ronaldo vs cristiano; ronaldo's a better talent. but at madrid i'd pick cristiano....if not for anything, the professionalism to stay fit

i'm sorry you can't weigh 8000 kilos, come to the pitch and not give your all. and ronaldo in his last years at madrid hardly ever ran. in the 05/06 season, he missed a huge chunk of the season cos he wanted to play in the world cup and break muller's record (i never bought that whole he was injured crap; we had an interim president at that point and that clown lopez caro was the coach, so he could say he was "injured" and miss most of that season)....

but if we're ranking footballers, i'd pick him over cristiano. and gullit over van basten. just my opinion.....and platini over zico. (just for the record)
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutropin Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:22 pm

titosantill wrote:saddest thing about marco (and one can say the same about ronaldo) was we never really saw the real van basten play. people think milan was his peak, he was crazy at ajax and even then, we never really saw the real van basten. i don't think that man ever played any game from his late ajax years throughout milan at close to a hundred percent; he played games in pain and anytime there was a tackle or contact on him you kind of paused....if they had the medicine they had now back then, who knows what he could have achieved? as far as ronaldo vs cristiano; ronaldo's a better talent. but at madrid i'd pick cristiano....if not for anything, the professionalism to stay fit

i'm sorry you can't weigh 8000 kilos, come to the pitch and not give your all. and ronaldo in his last years at madrid hardly ever ran. in the 05/06 season, he missed a huge chunk of the season cos he wanted to play in the world cup and break muller's record (i never bought that whole he was injured crap; we had an interim president at that point and that clown lopez caro was the coach, so he could say he was "injured" and miss most of that season)....

but if we're ranking footballers, i'd pick him over cristiano. and gullit over van basten. just my opinion.....and platini over zico. (just for the record)

We are talking about who was better at their peak no? In his peak R9 was better than messi IMO
Neutropin
Neutropin
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:32 pm

Neutropin wrote:
titosantill wrote:saddest thing about marco (and one can say the same about ronaldo) was we never really saw the real van basten play. people think milan was his peak, he was crazy at ajax and even then, we never really saw the real van basten. i don't think that man ever played any game from his late ajax years throughout milan at close to a hundred percent; he played games in pain and anytime there was a tackle or contact on him you kind of paused....if they had the medicine they had now back then, who knows what he could have achieved? as far as ronaldo vs cristiano; ronaldo's a better talent. but at madrid i'd pick cristiano....if not for anything, the professionalism to stay fit

We are talking about who was better at their peak no? In his peak R9 was better than messi IMO

I've reported this to @Harmonica.

Enjoy.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:41 pm

^rofl
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:21 pm

R9 is not even better than Suarez let alone Messi rofl
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:44 pm

Valkyrja wrote:R9 is not even better than Suarez let alone Messi rofl

??????
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:48 pm

Just valk thinking hes funny but hes not which makes it funny though hmm
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:36 pm

Cristiano is a scrub compared to R9.. A flat out scrub
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutropin Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:40 pm

Ronaldo vs Ronaldo - Page 6 Giphy
Neutropin
Neutropin
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:03 am

i'm not sure how messi got into the discussion
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:11 am

Ronaldo de lima was unreal man

https://twitter.com/FootyFIashbacks/status/700061783579607041
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:15 am

rofl rofl rofl this coming from a guy that changes teams as often as he changes sheets.

futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:17 am

futbol_bill wrote:

rofl rofl rofl this coming from a guy that changes teams as often as he changes sheets.

Why going into such technicalities ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:05 am

Let's not touch messi. He is a class above the rest and I mean this 100%.

I'm not arguing who was better at their peak and CR has a pretty good case of challenging R9 there.

R9 was not a one man team like some people would have you believe and on top of that his disgusting professionalism while he was at Madrid and beyond shows true lack of discipline required to be a great imo
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:22 am

Ronaldo could *bleep* around and still be a boss.. Cristiano works his ass off just to be a stat padder
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:29 pm

LeSwagg James wrote:Ronaldo could *bleep* around and still be a boss.. Cristiano works his ass off just to be a stat padder

Laughing Are you trying to say R9 was a boss when he was a fatass and could barely run? The romanticism is unreal Laughing
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next