VivaStPauli
Swanhends
juventus101
Collblanc
Mr Nick09
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

what's wrong with Brazil? Empty what's wrong with Brazil?

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:27 pm

bar a top CF and a top GK, they are rather stacked with players everywhere. So what's wrong with that team? they look like a mess, cant seem to play in tune, and cant get a win against important european sides. At this rate they will get whooped sideways in the WC, not sure the pressure will lift them. They also dont have veteran presence to lift the kids.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

what's wrong with Brazil? Empty Re: what's wrong with Brazil?

Post by Collblanc Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:31 pm

Scolari is what is wrong.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:32 pm

it didnt start with Scolari tho, they have been god awful for the past 2 years at least
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:33 pm

Theyre a great team, but theyre simply not up to their Brazil stamdarda for a few uears now. Kaka is way past his prime, Pato is always injured, Hulk is inconsistenf, Marcelo and Alves are great attacking fullbacks but have never been all fhat great defensively, Dante has just came into the team recently so haznt had time to gel with Thiago Silva, Ganso's fofm has seriously dropped, and the rest of them either play in the Brazilian league and oare unproven on a big stage, or simply too young to put that much pressure on like Neymar, Lucas, and Oscar. They have an extremely bright future, but thdyre simply not at Brazil standards recently.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:36 pm

they're young.
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:41 pm

They aren't stacked with players, half of those "WC talents" are exactly that: talents, not WC. Yet.
I think they'll only peak well after the WC, though I wish them all the luck. They deserve to go out to us at the final.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:04 pm

Front three is absolute trash.

Neymar isn't ready to carry a NT, Hulk is utter shit/Kaka past it/Oscar isn't a winger & then Fred/Pato/Damiao are all flawed players.

I do like the midfield though. Hernanes is class, Oscar has been Brazil's best player for like a year now and Ramires, Paulinho are both great.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:07 pm

I'm with Gil on this one. Brazils squad has bigger gaps than most people want to realize.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:12 pm

Scolari had how many games in charge?

Been there 4 months or something? Worked with the team like a few weeks total?

Lets wait and see.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:15 pm

Nothing.We always were inconsistent like this before and after WCs, but people want to make a big deal out of it now for some reason.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:17 pm

I have a feeling we're gonna get bounced out of Confederations Cup hard.. and then somehow win the World Cup.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:26 pm

Maybe they need a change of system and tactics?

Whenever I watch them, it seems like they don't have an exact playing style.

Also maybe they need a change from 4-2-3-1, they've been using it since after the 2010 world cup. And the results have not exactly been great, tbh.

Hopefully most of y'all realize that the team is quite young, so you can't expect them to be world beaters.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:37 pm

It's Felipao's third game in charge. How about we wait a little longer to pass judgement. He's obviously experimenting different players in different positions. Look at Oscar playing on the right (was not going to work), Kaka given time to show something (he didn't), Hulk on the left and Neymar on the right, the different central midfield pairing, etc...

Catracho wrote:I have a feeling we're gonna get bounced out of Confederations Cup hard.. and then somehow win the World Cup.

I'm not superstitious but you remember how Felipao performed last time as NT coach? He came on with little over a year until the WC, crashed out in the Copa America, and then won the WC.

Only (huge) difference is this time we don't have a Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, and Rivaldo trio up top. Sad
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:52 pm

The front line isn't going to be good enough atm but that isn't the main problem.

The main problem is despite all the individuals they have completely forgotten how to control a football match, pass through the middle and in general build up play is get it to the fullbacks and hope they do something.

They are not a team i said this after the Italy game, Italy look like a team and Brazil as of right now look like a load of randoms together each confused at what to do.

If they were a team in the mould that Italy are for example the forward issue probably wouldn't even be discussed.

That is the biggest hurdle Scolari has to overcome in the next year or so, the ability is there but they look like lost children.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by abetelle Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:59 pm

Italy and Russia are very good teams, they are both WC contenders and have had more time to work together and have played in qualifiers.

abetelle
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Levante

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:59 pm

Nothing is wrong with them, they just changed coaches less than 3 months ago, which in club terms would be the equivalent to 10 days. They're in transition, Scolari needs time to sort out which tactics work and which don't, build the right kind of group mentality, test players. He's a class coach and I'm sure by the time the WC rolls out they'll be a very competent team. I'd much rather they kept Menezes. I'm not sure what people expect from them?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:01 pm

I actually have more faith in Scolari than their last manager and he had what, 2 years with the team compared to Felipao's 4 months. Also, just my silly opinion, a generation gap was skipped for this current Brasilian side. The likes of Diego (28), Robinho (29), Kaka (30), Adriano (31) [just the forward line as I believe the midfield and defense are pretty good] failed to either live up to their promise and God given talent or ravaged by injuries to the point where he no longer can sustain form long enough (Kaka).

And thus, "forcing" Brasil to skip this disappointing batch and focus on their up and coming talents who, by and large, are either too inexperience at this point or just not that good (Hulk, Fred, yeah, Fred, ugh)
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:14 pm

Doc wrote:I actually have more faith in Scolari than their last manager and he had what, 2 years with the team compared to Felipao's 4 months. Also, just my silly opinion, a generation gap was skipped for this current Brasilian side. The likes of Diego (28), Robinho (29), Kaka (30), Adriano (31) [just the forward line as I believe the midfield and defense are pretty good] failed to either live up to their promise and God given talent or ravaged by injuries to the point where he no longer can sustain form long enough (Kaka).

And thus, "forcing" Brasil to skip this disappointing batch and focus on their up and coming talents who, by and large, are either too inexperience at this point or just not that good (Hulk, Fred, yeah, Fred, ugh)

That's another huge factor. For a few years we didn't produce the attacking talented players we normally do. Combined with our older talents fading out a lot sooner than expected (Robinho simply forgot how to play, Kaka was destroyed by injuries, Ronaldinho decided that partying was more fun, and Adriano is psycho), that left a huge burden on the younger guys like Neymar, Lucas, and Oscar.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:14 pm

Overrated as always.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:35 pm

Did I miss the memo about the World Cup starting next month?

Brazil have a history of winning the World Cup when they are underdogs and I think it will be good for us to come in with a chip on our shoulder. No team is going to win a competition of this magnitude on talent alone and if we expect to have a good showing, we will need to go back to our roots (playing the beautiful game).

P.S. What does overrated/underrated have anything to do with the competition? This term is thrown around as if it means anything - not to mention that most of the comments in this thread seem to disagree with that notion.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:14 pm

Well, random10, when you have someone like HB saying overrated and providing absolutely nothing to back it up, its really aggravating.

Brazil are young and there is over a year to prep for the tourney. I will not pass judgement until we get closer.
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:14 pm

As most people said, Brazil is still a relatively young team.

Also agree with Mole and Cas, Big Phil still has some work to do in this team's philosophy
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:19 pm

I think the generation of Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Romario, Roberto Carlos, prime Kaka, Ronaldinho, Cafu all set a very, very high standard for Brazil. They all played with such grace and joy, and were top class for many years. They left and the new generation of Brazilians players simply have way to big of a shoe to fill from the past generation. The bar is set to high and the NT is currently in a transition stage, and everybody simply thought they would keep clicking like they did all those years they were unstoppable.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:31 am

only 2 problems imo: lack of front line scorer (or even a potential front
line scorer) and David Luiz starting at CB. If these 2 thongs are fixed, Brazil are fine. I'm assuming the top pairing will be Dante-Silva. As fr as CF... still hoping either Damiao or Pato emege somehow lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:28 am

sportsczy wrote:only 2 problems imo: lack of front line scorer (or even a potential front
line scorer) and David Luiz starting at CB. If these 2 thongs are fixed, Brazil are fine. I'm assuming the top pairing will be Dante-Silva. As fr as CF... still hoping either Damiao or Pato emege somehow lol.

Scolari is a master at fixing thongs Razz
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next