rwo power
AltoZ
OLpower
Zealous
sportsczy
44 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

France v. Spain Leg 2:  The group final Empty France v. Spain Leg 2: The group final

Post by sportsczy Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:19 am

All they need is a draw in Paris and the group is quasi done. With the way Spain is playing and the qualities of France right now, i could easily see a victory. Won't be easy... but it's very possible.

Edit: Because this is a 5-team group, every game counts. For the groups with 6 teams, the points gained against the last place team are ignored when figuring out second place points.

How strange would it be if Spain doesn't even make the WC. I personally don' think it's right... but FIFA is stupid.

Last edited by sportsczy on Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

France v. Spain Leg 2:  The group final Empty Re: France v. Spain Leg 2: The group final

Post by Zealous Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:21 am

should be interesting.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

France v. Spain Leg 2:  The group final Empty Re: France v. Spain Leg 2: The group final

Post by OLpower Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:24 am

Way too early to speak about it.

I don't forget we were outplayed by the germans recently. We dominated that second half against in Spain, but we are still not the favourites.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:26 am

Deschamps experiments with is tactics and players in friendlies... it's not taken anywhere as seriously as before. Very similar to the way Italy and Germany approach friendlies. Official games are were DD puts a real tactic designed for winning together.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by AltoZ Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:29 am

Euro 2012 Quarterfinals anyone?
AltoZ
AltoZ
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:30 am

I have a strong feeling that France will win. I mean everything seems set foe Spain to get a wake up call.

They have a lot of holes that can be exploited imo and France have the tools to expose them. So long as Deschamps doesn't chicken out like France's last coach it should be a fantastic game..
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:34 am

sportsczy wrote:The problem for Spain is that there are only 5 teams in this group and FIFA doesn't adjust the points. Every other group is 6 teams.... that's less possible points for this group. Spain has to finish in among the top 2nd place teams in points to even get to a playoff.
Actually FIFA does take into account that there are 5 teams vs 6 teams in the other groups. The best 2nd placed teams are determined after subtracting the results against the groups' worst team from the 2nd placed teams' results, so that all teams that are compared are based on 5 team groups.

Last edited by rwo power on Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:36 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : me and my typos)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:34 am

Varane was good as usual... but my word, Pogba was fantastic yesterday. He was the midfield general.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:35 am

rwo power wrote:
sportsczy wrote:The problem for Spain is that there are only 5 teams in this group and FIFA doesn't adjust the points. Every other group is 6 teams.... that's less possible points for this group. Spain has to finish in among the top 2nd place teams in points to even get to a playoff.
Actually FIFA does take into account that there are 5 teams vs 6 teams in the other groups. The best 2nd placed team is determined after subtracting the results against the groups' orst team from the 2nd placed teams' results, so that all teams that are compared are based on 5 team groups.
Ah good. This must be relatively new (or some reporters just didn't know lol). There was a lot of screaming in France about this. Both France and Spain deserve to make the WC.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:38 am

I think the reporters didn't know - the method is actually old Very Happy
(And of course you get more reactions on your publications if the outrage is huge Razz)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:41 am

Lol. Now i'll ignore every article that talks about the "disadvantage of being in a group of only 5". Thanks RWO. I should know better than not to check myself.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:47 am

The only disadvantage is that you have two competitive matches less and thus get less points for the FIFA ranking list as friendlies count less. ^^ But as we all know how great the FIFA ranking is in the first place, I think you can live with that Very Happy
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:05 pm

From an objective point of view i think it would be fair for the world champions to be automatically qualified for the World Cup next time..However, a World Cup without Spain would be a lot more entertaining.
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:13 pm

Valbuena is in top form, right ? Arbeloa will have a tough night.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:21 pm

Pedram wrote:Valbuena is in top form, right ? Arbeloa will have a tough night.

valbuena plys on alba's side
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:29 pm

Alba is injured... hamstring. Not good news for France tbh. I rate Monreal higher.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:35 pm

Benzema in other hand is worrying.

He missed two 1vs 1 yesteday where he was in the last 5m.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:43 pm

no worried, just low on confidence, remember he did get into goalscoring positions, i have a feeling he will have a brace.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:45 pm

sportsczy wrote:Alba is injured... hamstring. Not good news for France tbh. I rate Monreal higher.

the good news is that Arbeloa is playing :facepalm:

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:47 pm

sportsczy wrote:All they need is a draw in Paris and the group is quasi done. With the way Spain is playing and the qualities of France right now, i could easily see a victory. Won't be easy... but it's very possible.

The problem for Spain is that there are only 5 teams in this group and FIFA doesn't adjust the points. Every other group is 6 teams.... that's less possible points for this group. Spain has to finish in among the top 2nd place teams in points to even get to a playoff.

How strange would it be if Spain doesn't even make the WC. I personally don' think it's right... but FIFA is stupid.

How is the qualification handled? Best Second placed go to a knockout?
It's very unfair if you have less teams in your group and that means less points. It's that really how it works???
On the other hand, it would 've great if Spain doesn't qualify for the world cup.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:52 pm

Varane to shut down Midgets again.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:53 pm

Draw Procedure:
All 53 UEFA national teams entered qualification, and 13 teams will qualify for the 2014 World Cup. The draw for the qualification groups was held at the World Cup Preliminary Draw at the Marina da Glória in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil on 30 July 2011. The qualification format is the same as 2010. The teams were drawn into eight groups of six teams and one group of five, with the nine group winners qualifying directly into the 2014 FIFA World Cup. The eight best runners-up (determined by records against the first-, third-, fourth- and fifth-placed teams in their groups to ensure balance between different groups) are drawn in two-legged play-offs that will determine the other four qualifying nations.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_%28UEFA%29
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:39 pm

yeah... i'll edit the OP. RWO already clarified. Should never trust what i read in the press lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:41 pm

OLpower wrote:Benzema in other hand is worrying.

He missed two 1vs 1 yesteday where he was in the last 5m.

Benzema has been shit since the euros, i am done defending him. It doesnt help that he is particularly bad with France, now Giroud is starting and scoring. Benzema will soon find himself on the bench, although i think that will create a mini war inside french NT with benz friends getting mad over their pal being benched.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:44 pm

Dat goallegacy jinx Proud spain sends you its thanks sports
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next