how does one regain rep/warning level box

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

how  does one regain rep/warning level box  - Page 3 Empty Re: how does one regain rep/warning level box

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:47 pm

@Die Borussen wrote:might as well give up the entire thing, cause from my view, there is a big diffrent from when i joined compared to now, way less people, and major reason of that is the bans.


baseless false assumptions. We don't have "way less people". You may be missing some of your old banned buddies but that's not the same as posters getting less. The forum can't stay the same with same amount of people and same exact people. It's a cycle. We have so many new posters who are building up slowly but you won't know them because they are not someone like TMO. That's your problem, not the forums.

Also, They were banned because they deserved it. We don't ban people as a mean of population control. I don't know why you even brought that up.

i have seen a lot forums, and witnessed ones that of course they didnt use this system to warn and ban people, and it works better.

Yea? We had a forum before this, and a forum before that. The ban rate then was incredible, twice the amount it is now. We give people more chance to stay than we did before.

you could do by just personally warning a user and after that just banning him permanently or not,
the warning level thing which is public to everyone and a way to show others how you treated this forum at specific times is disgusting in my opinion

Or it is a way to show everyone where you stand in the forum? You wouldn't be talking about this if you were 100% atm. We don't have time to answer everyone's constant questions that why did member x get banned all of a sudden because they didn't know he has been warned 5 times. There is no secrecy here. Everyone should know about what kind of poster someone is.

People prefer to extinguish between a troll and a good poster. People respect those with 100% warning bars because they deserve the respect.

its a shame cause this forum had the potential to be exploited in better ways and from more people

Forum is great the way it is, sorry if it doesn't follow your ideology.


and for some people above you dont get it do you, why point out the obvious as an answer?
the point in all this is once you did something wrong and against the rules, it is stucked and published just below your username in order to do what? make others aware of your INSTANT ignorance and trolling?
that it self makes more way and leads you to the wrong path, to troll more.

That has never happened. Another baseless false assumption. Posters who were trolls and trouble makers have becoming much better with having 25% than they did with 100%. That's why it's there. You are talking about yourself here and no one else.

Why is the bar there? to make sure you know where you stand. A perfect guideline.

i know cause i have done it, i at least can handle my self and been banned only once, but there are users that get constantly banned,
the warning system is a major factor for it unconciously or not and wether you like it or not.

They get banned because they deserve it. You answered your own question here. You can handle yourself. Why cant they handle themselves and improve ?

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Posts : 88203
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

how  does one regain rep/warning level box  - Page 3 Empty Re: how does one regain rep/warning level box

Post by Casciavit Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:50 pm

Hopefully you guys don't think D.Bs opinions and mine are the same when they clearly aren't.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 7987
Join date : 2012-08-05

Back to top Go down

how  does one regain rep/warning level box  - Page 3 Empty Re: how does one regain rep/warning level box

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:57 pm

@Casciavit wrote:

No one here said there should be no bans, the only things being argued here are quicker reps back which I agree with and getting back to 100% after getting a ban which I don't agree with.


quicker reps back because they can troll again ? What's the point of a loop function here ? We are not naive. You mentioned this yourself in the 1st page (3rd post )



6 months is a general statement, because ever since I've joined the forum and I don't think I've ever seen a poster gain back +25% in a small amount of time, so I use 6 months because posters generally have to wait a long time.

So? There are bunch of posters who carry themselves in the right way but I still see them at a specific warning level, and it hasn't been changed. I won't mention them as that would go under DOMA.

I'll speak in my situation, I got banned quite quickly when I started posting. I won't mention why I did on what I did. But the PM I received from the admin said 1 week ban, I was posting well for 2 months and still had not gotten that +25% back, then I did something which I didnt expect to get banned for, and was banned for it.

I don't know about other posters, but quite frankly I don't want the ability to troll. But I will end up trolling some way or another without noticing it, and getting banned for it.


You see posters from your point of view. We try to be unbiased. We keep people at certain level at times not because we have forgotten about their existence, but because we not forgotten of how they were in the past and how they can be. Also it's YOUR OPINION that they deserve a raise. Not that they actually DO deserve it because you see things from a biased point of view. We don't claim to be perfect but we try to extinguish a post from being a trollish one and a what some people claim to be a non trollish one

No comments on your case since you will never accept that your ban was justified and i have better things to do than to convince you.



If you're talking to me, Im not in favor of the go back to 100%. But I'm in favor of getting back quicker rep to the ones who deserve it. I know its not possible since the admin are busy but why not after 2 months check a posters last 15 pages in the stats check if he was good and he posted well give back a +25%. If he wasn't good after 2 months, then the admins should resort to way how they're handling it right now.


We do that now. You just don't notice it

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 88203
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

how  does one regain rep/warning level box  - Page 3 Empty Re: how does one regain rep/warning level box

Post by RealGunner Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:01 am

@Die Borussen wrote:never mentioned lol.com franchize

all im saying is that reputation warning system makes more bad than good IMO, a traditional way with just warning a user with personal messages or banning him instantly at least would exclude the negative effects GL's warning system causes IMO.

maybe you are sadists, i cant explain this system differently IMO.

fixed
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 88203
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

how  does one regain rep/warning level box  - Page 3 Empty Re: how does one regain rep/warning level box

Post by CBarca Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:12 am

The funniest thing here is that people complain about being banned and the warning system...

This is by far the most lenient warning/ban system I've ever seen in any forum ever. You get 3 free passes ffs, and then after the fourth, you get to come back after what, a week? And then you have the potential to build up your free passes again through good behavior.

Stop complaining about something so blatantly generous that it's almost too generous.

Anyhow, you don't do bad you don't get banned it's not a hard concept, really.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao
Posts : 19782
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

how  does one regain rep/warning level box  - Page 3 Empty Re: how does one regain rep/warning level box

Post by Casciavit Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:19 am

quicker reps back because they can troll again ? What's the point of a loop function here ? We are not naive. You mentioned this yourself in the 1st page (3rd post )

Just because I mentioned it does not mean I agree with all of it, as you're contradicting the if you're good you'll get back +25% rule.

How many posters went from 25%-50% and ended up trolling right away? I've only seen Sports and The Sanchez and they've been doing fine.


You see posters from your point of view. We try to be unbiased. We keep people at certain level at times not because we have forgotten about their existence, but because we not forgotten of how they were in the past and how they can be. Also it's YOUR OPINION that they deserve a raise. Not that they actually DO deserve it because you see things from a biased point of view. We don't claim to be perfect but we try to extinguish a post from being a trollish one and a what some people claim to be a non trollish one

No comments on your case since you will never accept that your ban was justified and i have better things to do than to convince you.

My case was an example of a poster not knowing what he said would get him banned. Thus making him wait longer to get a +25%. Stop taking it out of context.


We do that now. You just don't notice it

Then a poster must be near perfect to get it back in 2 months Wink


Last edited by Casciavit on Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 7987
Join date : 2012-08-05

Back to top Go down

how  does one regain rep/warning level box  - Page 3 Empty Re: how does one regain rep/warning level box

Post by Casciavit Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:22 am

Perhaps these long posts are confusing you, but all I'm saying is:

Warning system is great, but I only have a small problem with why a poster has to wait a super long time just to get a plus 25% back.

Other then that the warning system is great Thumbs up

Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 7987
Join date : 2012-08-05

Back to top Go down

how  does one regain rep/warning level box  - Page 3 Empty Re: how does one regain rep/warning level box

Post by McLewis Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:16 am

It is not up to the poster to decide whether they are deserving of a higher warning level.

That is our decision as Mods and Admins.

It's pretty simple. If I think you deserve a higher warning bar, then you will get one. If that takes 6 hours, 6 days or 6 months then so be it.

There will never be some arbitrary time limit on things like this because there is no arbitrary time limit on when a bad poster turns into a good poster. That is asinine.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 12460
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

how  does one regain rep/warning level box  - Page 3 Empty Re: how does one regain rep/warning level box

Post by The Sanchez Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:26 am

@CBarca wrote:The funniest thing here is that people complain about being banned and the warning system...

This is by far the most lenient warning/ban system I've ever seen in any forum ever. You get 3 free passes ffs, and then after the fourth, you get to come back after what, a week? And then you have the potential to build up your free passes again through good behavior.

Stop complaining about something so blatantly generous that it's almost too generous.

Anyhow, you don't do bad you don't get banned it's not a hard concept, really.

This. GL leniency :bow: Be thankful :bow:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3916
Join date : 2011-09-23
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

how  does one regain rep/warning level box  - Page 3 Empty Re: how does one regain rep/warning level box

Post by Lex Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:33 am

Just get on with your lives Laughing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia
Posts : 15070
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

how  does one regain rep/warning level box  - Page 3 Empty Re: how does one regain rep/warning level box

Post by Die Borussen Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:01 pm

cb you are completely off my point, if your answer was aiming me, i aint gonna repeat my self so if you want just read what i said again

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3442
Join date : 2012-01-17

Back to top Go down

how  does one regain rep/warning level box  - Page 3 Empty Re: how does one regain rep/warning level box

Post by RedOranje Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:52 pm

Ironically any time I think about bumping up a poster's warning level I always drop by this thread and if they've posted in here recently complaining about their warning level I leave it as is... amazing how many of you would be back up 25 or 50% if you'd just stop dragging this out and making it sound as though you want/need the warning level back (hinting you may be planning to break the rules soon).
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 11099
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

how  does one regain rep/warning level box  - Page 3 Empty Re: how does one regain rep/warning level box

Post by Die Borussen Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:38 pm

but the point is we or at least 'I' to be more specific am refering to users that didnt even post in this thread,

now i rarely even post in this forum and in general so i couldn't care less about my warning level, but it fits my situation as well, i know for a fact how i did react when my warning level did drop down and how it did affect other users as well.

by now you all should have realised that this isnt a matter of getting the warning level back rather just delete it entirely for the reasons i previously mentioned.

but you keep doing it this way!, have fun having to ban the same users weekly and be sure that from the majority of them, their actions are partly taking place cause of the way you treated their trolling in the first place.

but i keep explaining myself, here ill be once someone explicates to me the facts i previously mentioned with a different opinion than mine.
i just feel that the users currently unable to post or just left for that matter, could have still been here had it not been for the warning system.

of course i may be wrong, but thats what i believe, hopefully everyone is ok with that :]


Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3442
Join date : 2012-01-17

Back to top Go down

how  does one regain rep/warning level box  - Page 3 Empty Re: how does one regain rep/warning level box

Post by The Sanchez Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:05 am

@Casciavit wrote:
quicker reps back because they can troll again ? What's the point of a loop function here ? We are not naive. You mentioned this yourself in the 1st page (3rd post )

Just because I mentioned it does not mean I agree with all of it, as you're contradicting the if you're good you'll get back +25% rule.

How many posters went from 25%-50% and ended up trolling right away? I've only seen Sports and The Sanchez and they've been doing fine.


You see posters from your point of view. We try to be unbiased. We keep people at certain level at times not because we have forgotten about their existence, but because we not forgotten of how they were in the past and how they can be. Also it's YOUR OPINION that they deserve a raise. Not that they actually DO deserve it because you see things from a biased point of view. We don't claim to be perfect but we try to extinguish a post from being a trollish one and a what some people claim to be a non trollish one

No comments on your case since you will never accept that your ban was justified and i have better things to do than to convince you.

My case was an example of a poster not knowing what he said would get him banned. Thus making him wait longer to get a +25%. Stop taking it out of context.


We do that now. You just don't notice it

Then a poster must be near perfect to get it back in 2 months Wink

I don't troll... :coffee:
The Aussie and Barca section, I post quality :coffee:
Plus I didn't get warned because of warning...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3916
Join date : 2011-09-23
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

how  does one regain rep/warning level box  - Page 3 Empty Re: how does one regain rep/warning level box

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum