Die Borussen
Casciavit
McLewis
Kick
Lupi
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

how  does one regain rep/warning level box  - Page 2 Empty Re: how does one regain rep/warning level box

Post by Lupi Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:17 am

hmm why all these about a rapist and murderers , its an online forum . Suffering is not necessary but one can wish for a more equal ground for debate . its the power of majority and i think somehow is fair

Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

how  does one regain rep/warning level box  - Page 2 Empty Re: how does one regain rep/warning level box

Post by Forza Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:03 am

I don't think the discussion has progressed very much at all since the first page of this thread. Since then, the same points that Kick, Dom and myself raised earlier have just been rewritten with different words.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:05 am

What are the admins thoughts on this ?
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:39 pm

Rep =\= Warning level
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:45 am

Free_Cat is a terrific poster and contributes positively to only the Barca section and never trolls and his warning level has stayed at 50% for more than a year and bit.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:27 am

The Sanchez wrote:Free_Cat is a terrific poster and contributes positively to only the Barca section and never trolls and his warning level has stayed at 50% for more than a year and bit.
Barca fans don't get level back.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:39 pm

The Sanchez wrote:Free_Cat is a terrific poster and contributes positively to only the Barca section and never trolls and his warning level has stayed at 50% for more than a year and bit.

Free_Cat trolls lol. Not often but he certainly does it. But I guess I wouldn't argue Free deserves more but he'll get it back in due time.

As for the whole "warning level when you get back" argument. You get banned, and then you are unbanned...you start with 25%. It's fair. It means if you troll then you will get banned again. It discourages trolling. Personally I don't give a f*ck what it does "psychologically"- it's simple. You were banned for whatever reason, now that you are back, don't do it again or you will be banned again. If you are good you will earn the percentage back quickly.

If you just give them 100% right away they'll troll even more.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:35 am

Just read this for the first time lol

All I can say is, why do you care so much about warning level..thats to anyone.

If you dont do anything wrong, you will be fine.

You know, if anything the warning level is only helping you. Its like 3 lifelines to do what you like and still stick around. Of course admins can by pass that and just take 50 off or whatever but still.

Why are you desperate for the level back up? So you can have another life line of course.

You actually insult us with such discussion, do you really think we are stupid enough to give you a free troll?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:39 pm

The Franchise wrote:Just read this for the first time lol

All I can say is, why do you care so much about warning level..thats to anyone.

If you dont do anything wrong, you will be fine.

You know, if anything the warning level is only helping you. Its like 3 lifelines to do what you like and still stick around. Of course admins can by pass that and just take 50 off or whatever but still.

Why are you desperate for the level back up? So you can have another life line of course.

You actually insult us with such discussion, do you really think we are stupid enough to give you a free troll?

Once again, I applaud the common sense shown here The Franchise. I would reccomend that once a person gets all their warning levels down to zero, they be permanently banned. All the posters that are currently banned contribute nothing to this esteemed forum and only want to bring other people down to their low levels of thinking.

I implore you and other administrators to be more strict in future. As always, I hope my opinions are well received. Thank you.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:47 pm

might as well give up the entire thing, cause from my view, there is a big diffrent from when i joined compared to now, way less people, and major reason of that is the bans.

i have seen a lot forums, and witnessed ones that of course they didnt use this system to warn and ban people, and it works better.

you could do by just personally warning a user and after that just banning him permanently or not,
the warning level thing which is public to everyone and a way to show others how you treated this forum at specific times is disgusting in my opinion

its a shame cause this forum had the potential to be exploited in better ways and from more people

and for some people above you dont get it do you, why point out the obvious as an answer?
the point in all this is once you did something wrong and against the rules, it is stucked and published just below your username in order to do what? make others aware of your INSTANT ignorance and trolling?
that it self makes more way and leads you to the wrong path, to troll more.

i know cause i have done it, i at least can handle my self and been banned only once, but there are users that get constantly banned,
the warning system is a major factor for it unconciously or not and wether you like it or not.

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:08 pm

You mean its different from goal.com? Well yeah....different people in overall charge.

And of course there is less people...its goal.com..nothing to do with bans. There were less people on here to begin with than goal.com...you know how many people were banned from goal.com?

In the end, its not very complicated. Dont cause trouble, you wont get in trouble.

The majority manage, I dont see why you cant.

If you have a bad rep, its not because of your warning level, its because of how you come across.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:12 pm

But why does a poster have to wait 6 or more months just to get +25% back ? What if he's been good for months then gets banned again for whatever reason then has to wait another 6 months ?
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:25 pm

I was going to try and hold my tongue, but you guys are coming across as morons. This forum is pretty laid back when it comes to bans/warnings, but there has to be a point where moderators draw the line somewhere (if not, it would drive away the members who actually contribute to this place). Casc, why do you keep bring up that 6 months number? If you carry yourself the right way and post in a productive manner you will get back your warning level. I have often seen many posters who are way too invested in getting warning levels back when they did not seem to care about it beforehand -
I wonder if that is because they want the ability to troll again back.

At the end of the day you guys are asking the moderators to reward posters who have not earned it. Put your head down, shut your mouth, contribute and that warning level will be give back when you have EARNED it (keyword being earned.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:29 pm

Why do anything in that 6 month period to get banned?

If that happens the way you say, that only justifies the decision to keep you at 25%.

You cant control yourself enough not to commit another offence?

There are posters here who dont do anything to go down to 75%, it beats me how you can get in so much trouble to have to worry about it.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:31 pm

Dani, it is clear the moderators are calling offensive fouls when they are clearly defensive :coffee:

Did y'all not see that posters foot in the restricted area?

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:05 pm

The Franchise wrote:Why do anything in that 6 month period to get banned?

If that happens the way you say, that only justifies the decision to keep you at 25%.

You cant control yourself enough not to commit another offence?

There are posters here who dont do anything to go down to 75%, it beats me how you can get in so much trouble to have to worry about it.

You do realize that some posters may post something which they don't think they'll get banned for but they do, right?
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:06 pm

You do realize that is why the warning system was implemented, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:07 pm

ranDOM 10 wrote:You do realize that is why the warning system was implemented, right?

Some posters get the jump from 100% to 25%, and I'm talking mostly about the ones at 25%.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:09 pm

Casciavit wrote:
ranDOM 10 wrote:You do realize that is why the warning system was implemented, right?

Some posters get the jump from 100% to 25%, and I'm talking mostly about the ones at 25%.

And the jump from 100% to 25% is unwarranted ?

Posters at 25% such as ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:12 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Casciavit wrote:

Posters at 25% such as ?

No the 100% to the ban is warranted, but I'm talking about during their duration with the 25% and having to post well they do some they dont expect to get banned for, end up getting banned for it and are suspended from the forum for a week or more, and thus having to wait a longer time at getting an extra 25%.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:14 pm

Casciavit wrote:
RealGunner wrote:
Casciavit wrote:

Posters at 25% such as ?

No the 100% to the ban is warranted, but I'm talking about during their duration with the 25% and having to post well they do some they dont expect to get banned for, end up getting banned for it and are suspended from the forum for a week or more, and thus having to wait a longer time at getting an extra 25%.

So you are talking about your ban given by rwo in other words ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:14 pm

never mentioned lol.com franchize

all im saying is that reputation warning system makes more bad than good, a traditional way with just warning a user with personal messages or banning him instantly at least would exclude the negative effects GL's warning system causes.

maybe you are sadists, i cant explain this system differently.

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:18 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Casciavit wrote:
RealGunner wrote:

Posters at 25% such as ?

So you are talking about your ban given by rwo in other words ?

I didn't expect to get banned for it but was banned for it, but I'm talking in general. Key word general. If posts for reasons of a ban weren't deleted by a mod, then I'd be somehow able to present my case better, but I cant.

Last edited by Casciavit on Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:26 pm

ranDOM 10 wrote:I was going to try and hold my tongue, but you guys are coming across as morons.

I just want to start when you're debating there is no need to say we're coming off as (morons) , as that is an offensive word. Even if you don`t agree.

This forum is pretty laid back when it comes to bans/warnings

I agree, no objections.

but there has to be a point where moderators draw the line somewhere (if not, it would drive away the members who actually contribute to this place).

No one here said there should be no bans, the only things being argued here are quicker reps back which I agree with and getting back to 100% after getting a ban which I don't agree with.

Casc, why do you keep bring up that 6 months number? If you carry yourself the right way and post in a productive manner you will get back your warning level. I have often seen many posters who are way too invested in getting warning levels back when they did not seem to care about it beforehand -
I wonder if that is because they want the ability to troll again back.

6 months is a general statement, because ever since I've joined the forum and I don't think I've ever seen a poster gain back +25% in a small amount of time, so I use 6 months because posters generally have to wait a long time.

So? There are bunch of posters who carry themselves in the right way but I still see them at a specific warning level, and it hasn't been changed. I won't mention them as that would go under DOMA.

I'll speak in my situation, I got banned quite quickly when I started posting. I won't mention why I did on what I did. But the PM I received from the admin said 1 week ban, I was posting well for 2 months and still had not gotten that +25% back, then I did something which I didnt expect to get banned for, and was banned for it.

I don't know about other posters, but quite frankly I don't want the ability to troll. But I will end up trolling some way or another without noticing it, and getting banned for it.

At the end of the day you guys are asking the moderators to reward posters who have not earned it. Put your head down, shut your mouth, contribute and that warning level will be give back when you have EARNED it (keyword being earned.

If you're talking to me, Im not in favor of the go back to 100%. But I'm in favor of getting back quicker rep to the ones who deserve it. I know its not possible since the admin are busy but why not after 2 months check a posters last 15 pages in the stats check if he was good and he posted well give back a +25%. If he wasn't good after 2 months, then the admins should resort to way how they're handling it right now.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:34 pm

Administrators/moderators moderate posters and what we post, they are aware of our actions and behaviors. So many other posters have no issues understanding what warrants a warning deduction, so I fail to understand why you struggle with that. There is a section that explains the rules of the forum, perhaps you should check it out and learn what is not allowed.

I will not be responding any further because I fear that I am losing brain cells speaking with you and idiot. It can not be that difficult to grasp such simple rules - stop towing the line and you will be fine. Posters that do not earn back warning level are not going a good job of being casual posters and it is becoming more clear why you guys want warning level back.

Keep it real and stop acting like a victim.

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:47 pm

Die Borussen wrote:might as well give up the entire thing, cause from my view, there is a big diffrent from when i joined compared to now, way less people, and major reason of that is the bans.

baseless false assumptions. We don't have "way less people". You may be missing some of your old banned buddies but that's not the same as posters getting less. The forum can't stay the same with same amount of people and same exact people. It's a cycle. We have so many new posters who are building up slowly but you won't know them because they are not someone like TMO. That's your problem, not the forums.

Also, They were banned because they deserved it. We don't ban people as a mean of population control. I don't know why you even brought that up.

i have seen a lot forums, and witnessed ones that of course they didnt use this system to warn and ban people, and it works better.

Yea? We had a forum before this, and a forum before that. The ban rate then was incredible, twice the amount it is now. We give people more chance to stay than we did before.

you could do by just personally warning a user and after that just banning him permanently or not,
the warning level thing which is public to everyone and a way to show others how you treated this forum at specific times is disgusting in my opinion

Or it is a way to show everyone where you stand in the forum? You wouldn't be talking about this if you were 100% atm. We don't have time to answer everyone's constant questions that why did member x get banned all of a sudden because they didn't know he has been warned 5 times. There is no secrecy here. Everyone should know about what kind of poster someone is.

People prefer to extinguish between a troll and a good poster. People respect those with 100% warning bars because they deserve the respect.

its a shame cause this forum had the potential to be exploited in better ways and from more people

Forum is great the way it is, sorry if it doesn't follow your ideology.

and for some people above you dont get it do you, why point out the obvious as an answer?
the point in all this is once you did something wrong and against the rules, it is stucked and published just below your username in order to do what? make others aware of your INSTANT ignorance and trolling?
that it self makes more way and leads you to the wrong path, to troll more.

That has never happened. Another baseless false assumption. Posters who were trolls and trouble makers have becoming much better with having 25% than they did with 100%. That's why it's there. You are talking about yourself here and no one else.

Why is the bar there? to make sure you know where you stand. A perfect guideline.

i know cause i have done it, i at least can handle my self and been banned only once, but there are users that get constantly banned,
the warning system is a major factor for it unconciously or not and wether you like it or not.

They get banned because they deserve it. You answered your own question here. You can handle yourself. Why cant they handle themselves and improve ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next