Why do Barca players regard Ramos so high?

+6
Great Leader Sprucenuce
billy_gr
futbol
The Franchise
Onyx
BarrileteCosmico
10 posters

Go down

Why do Barca players regard Ramos so high? Empty Why do Barca players regard Ramos so high?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:35 pm

Busi has today claimed that he would sign Ramos if he could. Pique did the same thing when Rosell claimed that there is a Madrid player he liked very much. I don't get it. Is it because of his attributes as a player or because he is friends with the Barca team? Both probably, but I don't see him as being a great CB, especially this season when his set-piece defending has been awful and cost Madrid plenty. I'm only glad that as a Madrid player it's impossible for us to sign him. All the more reason to keep our players opinions out of consideration when signing players.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Why do Barca players regard Ramos so high? Empty Re: Why do Barca players regard Ramos so high?

Post by Onyx Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:54 pm

He's Spanish, good with the ball, good technically, quick etc etc and would suit Barca.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Why do Barca players regard Ramos so high? Empty Re: Why do Barca players regard Ramos so high?

Post by The Franchise Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:08 pm

Similar reasons they like Cesc. Dont listen to plays when it comes to making signings.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:45 pm

Yeah, strange love affair going on between Ramos and the Barca players recently. A few weeks ago Ramos said that he cheers for Barca in the CL and just yesterday he said he'd sign Busquets for Real Madrid if he could. I don't know. He's become a bit more likeable. Seems to be a hothead but when it comes to the national team and his Spanish teammates he seems to try his best to behave properly.

As a defender I don't even rate him THAT highly. He's rash and error prone. But then again he's much better than Mascherano and would compliment Pique very well (see national team). He'd thrive more in a possession team like Barca. If I could choose any centerback it wouldn't be Ramos but if he were offered to Barca I wouldn't reject him either.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:24 pm

am I the only one here rating him high?
I'd love him in Barca
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:39 pm

Well im not very fond of centerbacks who have the IQ of a handball, give up set peices goals and dont understand the offside line.

We have enough of those.

Has other great attributes no doubt but yeah, I dont like him.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:14 pm

Ramos has always been talented just like Vermealen is talented and so on but has too many rash moments for me to rate him as high as some people.

Although he seems to excel alongside calm CBs with good positional sense who sweep up behind him.

So Ramos and Pique would work and it has worked but Madrid would never sell lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:14 pm

Unless he leaves on a free hmm
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:15 pm

Well, they spent a lot of time together so they are kind of friends even though i tought Piqué and ramos didn't get along that much
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:20 pm

I dont think it even does work too much, Spain have looked pretty ropey back there with those two..unless they are playing those kinds of team that dont even try and attack.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:35 pm

Physically he is built for the CB role. Very good on the ball as well as on air. And puts a lot of 'pride' in his play.

He is not a good reader of the game however, which is one thing I generally don't like when we're talking about a CB.

Personally I think Koscielny would be a better fit for Barcelona.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:40 pm

danyjr wrote:
Personally I think Koscielny would be a better fit for Barcelona.

+1, all day.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:16 am

I dont like his style, very dirty player at times, but I think hes been Real's best CB for a long while now. For Spain hes won so many caps, always plays well for them as well, RB or CB nowadays... he was a good player ad first chice at Real since he was transferred there at a young age, and just kept maturing, especially under Mourinho becoming on of the top defenders in the world now.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum