Onyx
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
urbaNRoots
Valkyrja
26 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

İlkay Gündoğan - Borussia Dortmund #8 - Page 2 Empty Re: İlkay Gündoğan - Borussia Dortmund #8

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:59 pm

Yeah 4th half was all Madrid imho, but to say anything other than Dortmund dominated the first 3 halves is just utter denial. Sorry.

VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

İlkay Gündoğan - Borussia Dortmund #8 - Page 2 Empty Re: İlkay Gündoğan - Borussia Dortmund #8

Post by Valkyrja Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:23 pm

Sincerely, I would take him as Xabi replacement for next season with my eyes closed.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:32 pm

Muzza wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:Real Madrid dominated both matches imo. We had more chances and possession in both games. If Gundogan dominated Modric, then he dominated Alonso too, since they played together.

you did not. you did nothing with your possession. it was like us against milan. in the first 3 halves anyway. last half was a bit better, but only because they chose to defend so deep.

Stats show we created chances. Plus we aren't the best with possession anyway. I wouldn't say Dortmund are better than us.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:37 pm

meh, who cares if dortmund is better. I prefer being a underdog anyway

like Sun Tzu said in art of war “Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.”
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexander mahone Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:40 pm

I like Gundogan, but I don't understand all the bragging about Dortmund dominated Madrid and how that's supposed to show how much better he's than Modric.

Even though it can be argued that Dortmund dominated Madrid in the 1st match (I say we're better in the 2nd), it really doesn't say anything about Modric vs Gundogan. If we're going by that everytime Madrid being dominated, probably more than half midfielders in la liga are better than Madrid's. I could also probably say Modric is better than Xavi and Iniesta as he dominated them just few days ago, even more impressive he did that with Madrid B team.

And come on Gundogan barely played in the 1st match vs us as he came late in 2nd half. I gave it to Kehl though who was a beast in that match, Dortmund MOTM. Also please remember that we played Alonso-Modric in the pivot which is not an ideal combination when we played an attacking team. Not fair to judge Modric base on that imo. I'm sure Modric would looked much better in that match had he partnered with Khedira or Essien.
alexander mahone
alexander mahone
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:02 pm

I imagine the second he leaves BVB, he'll turn into Sahin. Klopp or flop :coffee:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:03 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:I imagine the second he leaves BVB, he'll turn into Sahin. Klopp or flop :coffee:

He was Germany's best player against France.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:05 pm

Sahin was Turkey's best player against [insert NT here] when he was at BVB.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:09 pm

Gundogan is the truth and the truth will set you free :coffee:

İlkay Gündoğan - Borussia Dortmund #8 - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWZOPM9o1Q5160CrI6z7RF2hTrERwwaEwcQkhh9y4UAvRnVCojSg
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:11 pm

No. :coffee: courtesy of RedOrange
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:51 am

I've found him fantastic whenever i've watched him. Where does Leitner come into things? The last time I watched BVB Ilkay got injured so Leitner replaced him but I always understood Leitner to be more attacking minded rather than a deeper midfielder.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:59 am

Pretty high ,

Do you guys ( who watch him regularly ) rate him ahead of Cabaye or Modric or ................cleverley( Razz )
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:42 am

I've only watched him a few times and was very impressed.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:27 pm

Sahin didn't flop anywhere when he left Dortmund.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:44 pm

Bénin wrote:Pretty high ,

Do you guys ( who watch him regularly ) rate him ahead of Cabaye or Modric or ................cleverley( Razz )

He's better than all 3 of them comfortably and Cabaye is my favourite player it isn't easy for me to admit someone is better than him but he's streets ahead.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:06 pm

The only reason why Gundogan can be rated above Modric is because he plays every game and he plays in his preferred position, unlike Modric.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:12 pm

Modric played in his preferred position for Spurs and not once did he control or effect a big game, he's a flat track bully.

Gundogan is far above him, one day you will realise that.

He shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath, he's a bloody bench player ffs Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:13 pm

A bench player at an inferior team, to be precise. :coffee:
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:13 pm

A bench player. Laughing

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:27 pm

I really don't know how MT can rate Modric above Gündoğan. It might be because he likes a player who looks out of his depth vs a relevant midfield along with the inability to dominate even a tall glass of cool water. Laughing

And mole no for all of the IG's excellence he has yet to prove himself over Cabaye in what the latter has done for Lille and Newcastle so far. Before this season IG wasn't anywhere. Despite his merited performances, he still has his shortcomings while Cabaye has proven to be more complete and able to handle more situations.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:30 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
And mole no for all of the IG's excellence he has yet to prove himself over Cabaye in what the latter has done for Lille and Newcastle so far. Before this season IG wasn't anywhere. Despite his merited performances, he still has his shortcomings while Cabaye has proven to be more complete and able to handle more situations.

+1
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:30 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:A bench player at an inferior team, to be precise. :coffee:

I'm not gonna take jabs at Dortmund because I respect them (they are the only team to beat us in a big game this season so far) but I will say if we cross paths again they will be in for a nasty surprise :coffee:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:31 pm

Arquitecto wrote:And mole no for all of the IG's excellence he has yet to prove himself over Cabaye in what the latter has done for Lille and Newcastle so far.

This is not a convincing argument at all.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:32 pm

Arquitecto wrote:I really don't know how MT can rate Modric above Gündoğan. It might be because he likes a player who looks out of his depth vs a relevant midfield along with the inability to dominate even a tall glass of cool water. Laughing

The guy is coming off a great performance in which he scored a very important goal. Cut him some slack lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:32 pm

Are people serious ? Gundogan was brilliant last season.May i add one of the driving forces behind Dortmund's title run in the second half of last season.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:48 pm

I saw too little of Cabaye to comment on that; I am serious on Modric though. Not serious again on Real, they aren't inferior. But poking fun at Modric is very rewarding, he just keeps on giving. The ball away.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum