tonger
•MilanDevil•
Pietro Paolo Virdis
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I would like to introduce myself Empty I would like to introduce myself

Post by Pietro Paolo Virdis Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:49 pm

Think that's the right thing to do when you meet a new crowd.

As you can see from my number of posts I'm new to this forum. Happened to it by chance and have read a good number of threads which I found to be of the kind of quality that it made me want to stay. I've been to a number of forums but they've tended to be crowded by glory-hunting kids who spend most of the times making up Milan dream elevens mid-season consisting of more players not in the squad than what are among our ranks. I've always been of the opinion to support who we currently have under contract rather than start talking about new players already five bloody games into the season. With that said, I've done my share of frustrated remarks about our players. Christ, Seedorf the last years could have me fuming.

I'm born and live in Sweden, Croatian parents. When I was a lad there were no Serie A games to be found on TV, let alone streams on Internet. No games on TV if you lived in a house. My mate who played for the same football club as I, however, he lived in an apartment with cable and Eurosport would send a game every Sunday. He would tape it and give it to me at Monday practice. At half-time they'd show all the goals from the previous week and that's where one player caught my attention. Pietro Paolo Virdis. This was sometime during 1985. The rest is a journey with nothing but absolutely being faithful and possibly what most would call obsessed with mighty Milan.

I made an effort to start a supporter club in Sweden a few years back but, again, it attracted mostly a not so serious crowd. If you arrange to watch a Milan-game together in a downtown pub and then a few months later you see some of them in the same pub with Barcelona shirts on while Milan play at the very same time you can only shake your head in disbelief. Anyway, there's an excellent supporter's club taking shape in Sweden run by a couple of lads over Facebook, which is brilliant.

Number 1 Milan player: Paolo Maldini, hence the tattoo on the right upper arm displaying the back of his jersey.

Best memory:
4-0 trashing of Barcelona 1994, final
5-0 demolition of Real Madrid 1989, semi-final
2-1 Milan-Roma, 2006 Curva Sud with special invitation from Brigate Rossonere
The annihilation of Messi 2013

Best Derby della Madonnina memory:
0-6 Inter home 11 May 2001
CL 2003, semi-finals (I'll put that down as a Madonnina)
3-2, coming back from 2-0 down and Seedorf's incredible strike
Every win seen from San Siro's Curva Sud

Best AND worst memory:
The abuse towards Shevchenko when he left after giving us 7 fantastic years, calling him a Judas, and standing at Curva Sud right in front of him when he took to the stand invited by the ultras to show that he would never be judged a Judas. The whisper in the stadium growing to a roar as the whole of San Siro turned towards him and showed its praise, the middle aged woman allowed to throw herself at him between the two ultras guarding him, as she hugged him and cried.

Worst:
Do I even have to mention the final?
That we let Pirlo go
That we hurled off Albertini like he meant nothing and once he was back in Serie A it was to join Lazio
The streak of once-they-were-good Brazilians taking a huge part of our salary budget. Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Robinho.

Would like to live to see:
To see Juventus end up dead last in the league without any point deduction or anything of the sort be involved. Last simply because they are utter shite one season.

That's it, I guess.

Last edited by Pietro Paolo Virdis on Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

I would like to introduce myself Empty Re: I would like to introduce myself

Post by •MilanDevil• Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:22 pm

Welcome to the forum, I have to say, this is an amazing post to start of with. I hope you enjoy your stay over here. Very Happy
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Pietro Paolo Virdis Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:56 pm

Thanks. Let's hope I bring some luck and we get a win over Lazio.
If I don't, hold the tar and feahers.
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by tonger Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:10 pm

now that you mentioned... i felt really bad for what happened to albertini too Sad

but nonetheless welcome to the forum! looks like we got another awesome addition to the section!

forza milan!
tonger
tonger
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Legend Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:20 pm

Pietro Paolo Virdis wrote:Think that's the right thing to do when you meet a new crowd.

As you can see from my number of posts I'm new to this forum. Happened to it by chance and have read a good number of threads which I found to be of the kind of quality that it made me want to stay. I've been to a number of forums but they've tended to be crowded by glory-hunting kids who spend most of the times making up Milan dream elevens mid-season consisting of more players not in the squad than what are among our ranks. I've always been of the opinion to support who we currently have under contract rather than start talking about new players already five bloody games into the season. With that said, I've done my share of frustrated remarks about our players. Christ, Seedorf the last years could have me fuming.

I'm born and live in Sweden, Croatian parents. When I was a lad there were no Serie A games to be found on TV, let alone streams on Internet. No games on TV if you lived in a house. My mate who played for the same football club as I, however, he lived in an apartment with cable and Eurosport would send a game every Sunday. He would tape it and give it to me at Monday practice. At half-time they'd show all the goals from the previous week and that's where one player caught my attention. Pietro Paolo Virdis. This was sometime during 1985. The rest is a journey with nothing but absolutely being faithful and possibly what most would call obsessed with mighty Milan.

I made an effort to start a supporter club in Sweden a few years back but, again, it attracted mostly a not so serious crowd. If you arrange to watch a Milan-game together in a downtown pub and then a few months later you see some of them in the same pub with Barcelona shirts on while Milan play at the very same time you can only shake your head in disbelief. Anyway, there's an excellent supporter's club taking shape in Sweden run by a couple of lads over Facebook, which is brilliant.

Number 1 Milan player: Paolo Maldini, hence the tattoo on the right upper arm displaying the back of his jersey.

Best memory:

Best AND worst memory:
The abuse towards Shevchenko when he left after giving us 7 fantastic years, calling him a Judas, and standing at Curva Sud right in front of him when he took to the stand invited by the ultras to show that he would never be judged a Judas. The whisper in the stadium growing to a roar as the whole of San Siro turned towards him and showed its praise, the middle aged woman allowed to throw herself at him between the two ultras guarding him, as she hugged him and cried.

Worst:
That we let Pirlo go
That we hurled off Albertini like he meant nothing and once he was back in Serie A it was to join Lazio
The streak of once-they-were-good Brazilians taking a huge part of our salary budget. Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Robinho.

To see Juventus end up dead last in the league without any point deduction or anything of the sort be involved. Last simply because they are utter shite one season.

That's it, I guess.

I am afraid you won't see that in your lifetime :coffee:

Last edited by The Legend on Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Legend
The Legend
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Pietro Paolo Virdis Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:25 pm

I never imagined I'd ever shag Salma Hayek either but it was a wish I enjoyed nevertheless.
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Legend Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:39 pm

Actually, shagging Salma Hayek is more reasonable wish than realizing your fore-mentioned dream :coffee:
The Legend
The Legend
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Pietro Paolo Virdis Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:00 pm

Whichever happens I'll be satisfied.
One will give me an orgasm the other I can brag to my friends about.
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:07 pm

Scandinavian Milan-supporters are very welcome! Those who found their way through the media bashing of italian football every day (at least in Norway), and constant PL brainwash. cheers
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Legend Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:09 pm

Pietro Paolo Virdis wrote:Whichever happens I'll be satisfied.
One will give me an orgasm the other I can brag to my friends about.

Bragging rights that will never be achieved so long the last drop of Agnell bloodlines lives on :coffee:
The Legend
The Legend
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:15 pm

Im starting to like you already Laughing

Hope you fit in nicely, you seem to be a quality poster. Now how about we start off your arrival with a win against Lazio? cheers (hopefully)
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Pietro Paolo Virdis Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:15 pm

Eivindo wrote:Scandinavian Milan-supporters are very welcome! Those who found their way through the media bashing of italian football every day (at least in Norway), and constant PL brainwash. cheers

Same story in Sweden now that Zlatan's left. All of a sudden the French league is big news.
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:18 pm

Am I the only one that hoped his post would be...

I've been around for a long, long year
Stole many a mans soul and faith
And I was round when jesus christ
Had his moment of doubt and pain
Made damn sure that pilate
Washed his hands and sealed his fate
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game
I stuck around st. petersburg
When I saw it was a time for a change
Killed the czar and his ministers
Anastasia screamed in vain
I rode a tank
Held a generals rank
When the blitzkrieg raged
And the bodies stank
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name, oh yeah
Ah, what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game, oh yeah
I watched with glee
While your kings and queens
Fought for ten decades
For the gods they made
I shouted out,
Who killed the kennedys?
When after all
It was you and me
Let me please introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste
And I laid traps for troubadours
Who get killed before they reached bombay
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name, oh yeah
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game, oh yeah, get down, baby
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name, oh yeah
But what's confusing you
Is just the nature of my game
Just as every cop is a criminal
And all the sinners saints
As heads is tails
Just call me lucifer
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Pietro Paolo Virdis Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:24 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:Im starting to like you already Laughing

Hope you fit in nicely, you seem to be a quality poster. Now how about we start off your arrival with a win against Lazio? cheers (hopefully)

Thanks, man!
I don't feel too worried about the game although I should be now El Shaarawy has had fever during the week.
Over 45,000 tickets sold for the game!
The lion awakes.
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:17 pm

Welcome to the forum Pietro Very Happy

Great first post, hope you like it in here !
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:23 pm

Welcome!

Always great to see a new poster, and even better such an enthusiastic one such as yourself Very Happy

Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:40 pm

welcome!
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:40 pm

Welcome, always fantastic to see the section expand! Looking forward to your input.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:17 am

Pietro Paolo Virdis wrote:Think that's the right thing to do when you meet a new crowd.

Best memory:

Best AND worst memory:

Worst:
That we let Pirlo go

That's it, I guess.

Welcome.... Hope you enjoy your time here... drinking
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by forza.milan Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:00 am

Dobrodošao Smile
forza.milan