Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
Eivindo
Pedram
Onyx
45 posters

Page 17 of 43 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 30 ... 43  Next

Go down

The Official PlayStation 4 Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The Official PlayStation 4 Thread

Post by Onyx Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:23 pm

Thimmy wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:Elite tier games like FIFA are out at launch, so there's a reason to not wait.
Elite tier? FIFA? No competition does not automatically make you elite :PThey'll probably just update the graphics and claim that they have done something revolutionizing.
In FIFA's case it does, since it's the most popular football game regardless of the in game problems. Plenty of people will buy it. tongue

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official PlayStation 4 Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The Official PlayStation 4 Thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:30 pm

Single player ffs >>>>>

Although i like the fact next gen is trying to combine the two together.

Story based stuff combined with thrill of MP ffs >>>>
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:32 pm

Brah, have you even played FIFA single player? Laughing

It is awful.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:34 pm

Multiplayer games obviously have more replay value. Plus it just feels better playing with others online.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:37 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:
Thimmy wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:Elite tier games like FIFA are out at launch, so there's a reason to not wait.
Elite tier? FIFA? No competition does not automatically make you elite :PThey'll probably just update the graphics and claim that they have done something revolutionizing.
In FIFA's case it does, since it's the most popular football game regardless of the in game problems. Plenty of people will buy it. tongue
It's the only football game that people are willing to buy, pretty much.. that's why Razz Even if PES had been slightly better than FIFA, a lot of people still wouldn't buy it, due to it's lack of licenses. Just because they monopolize the market, don't make them "elite"!

Last edited by Thimmy on Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:37 pm

It depends. Games like COD/BF/FIFA are obviously better online

But there are games that are so good as a single player that it doesn't matter if it has Multiplayer in it or not.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:39 pm

danyjr wrote:Brah, have you even played FIFA single player? Laughing

It is awful.
And i don't have it Laughing coinicidence? nope.

If a game doesn't have good single player its very rare i'll buy it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:40 pm

I have to admit, I actually enjoyed Black Ops 2's single player campaign far more than it's online multiplayer mode Rolling Eyes The campaign in that game was surprisingly good, to be fair.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:43 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Multiplayer games obviously have more replay value. Plus it just feels better playing with others online.
I find this to be true generally.

Having said that, PES of a generation ago was something else in terms of authenticity when playing offline. Apparently.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:45 pm

Thimmy wrote:I have to admit, I actually enjoyed Black Ops 2's single player campaign far more than it's online multiplayer mode Rolling Eyes The campaign in that game was surprisingly good, to be fair.
Same here.

And yeah I am getting this much later. Even games like MGS 5, Destiny, Thief, Watch Dogs, Titanfall are cross gen and will be availible on 360/PS3. Something like Uncharted 4 or Red Dead is gonna make me buy it, not FIFA Laughing
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:47 pm

Multiplayer games definitely have more replay value no doubt about that.

If your looking for bang for your buck then its obviously the way to go.

But i just enjoy single player games more.... even if i'll play a multiplayer game more hours.

It also suits my life well.... i only tend to play a few hours a day most of the time so i can put a couple of hours in and play the game over a few weeks.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:58 pm

When i'm talking about Single player i'm not talking about the single player part of a game that focuses on MP

I'm talking about your God of wars, your Uncharteds, Heavy Rains etc

They are a different class of game, but of course MP has more replay value.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:01 pm

I got more value out of my money from GTA 5, Last Of Us, BioShock, Skyrim and other single player games than I did from most multiplayer games.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:03 pm

The thing about MP games is, even pretty average ones can be fun for a decent period of time if you're with/against a few mates and having a laugh.

For single player to keep you gripped, it's really gotta appeal to you.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:16 pm

Thimmy wrote:I have to admit, I actually enjoyed Black Ops 2's single player campaign far more than it's online multiplayer mode :roll:The campaign in that game was surprisingly good, to be fair.
Dat badass villain. :bow:

What was his name, Raul Menendez ?
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:19 pm

Funny how my top 5 games i played this year all pretty much have extensive single player....

Tomb Raider, The Last of Us, Bioshock: Infinite, Witcher 2( ok it didn't come out this year but i played it this year) and GTA V

Yes GTA V has online but i bought it for the story which i spent around 70 hours on and interested in buying Batman Arkham Orgins and AC4 which are both single player and i think both will be very enjoyable.

Very few multiplayer games grip me longer than single player games do actually....

If i go back through the entire generation i'd say only Cod 4, MW2, Gears of War 1-3 and Red Dead Redemption kept be playing for more than a single player would.

And as far as Red Dead and Gears is concerned its the single player which initally gripped me in any case.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:21 pm

Always thought there were a lack of elite multiplayer games. Considering everything's about 'online' nowadays, it's surprising.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:41 pm

Yeah my top 5 this year is

GTA V
BioShock Infinite
The Last Of Us
Tomb Raider
Splinter Cell Blacklist/DmC

Noticing a pattern?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:42 pm

Not sure what you mean

The types of multiplayer games are player vs player like CoD. MMO type games and Co-op games. Basically a story driven game with more players.

Can't really think of what else you could realistically do.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:03 pm

butthurt haters hating on ps4 cos they couldn't pre-order rofl

obviously you'll have to wait till next year if you couldn't pre-order as it will only be available next year (unless u willing to pay an outrageous price to get it on e-bay from a seller), so stop making it seem like you are getting it next year on purpose...

i got the chance to visit a ps4 try-out and I can tell you it is out of this world good, even FIFA (yes FIFA)

gameplay wise it seems a bit similar to ps3 but the changes are evident,
- player motion is different

- a lighter player turns quicker than a big player

- you see the jerseys moving and all that

- the stadiums are alive,

so many things, I can tell you is extremely good...

the PS4 will blow your mind, so you peasants who couldn't pre-order should just mellow down and stop hating....

and who is talking sh*t about black flag on ps4 that is same as ps3?

Black Flag PS4 comes out in Nov and tho it is the same storyline to claim the graphics of it are sh*t is downright ridiculous....

just cos u ordered a game that more time was spent making it for next gen over current gen doesn't mean you should flame...

AC4 was being developed for PS4 in case you didn't know so if you bought it for ps3 you have wasted your bread Laughing
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:01 pm

Elm with dem incorrect facts....

It was actually developed on Xbox 360..... and then ported over to next gen.

Don't believe me?

As for the couldn't pre order BS Laughing you can still pre order in England Laughing

I have the money in spades but i still haven't done it.... i have never had any intention to pre order at any stage ask anyone on here since E3....

I just don't see the point in spending money on a console which will have technical issues at the beginning and will lack games.... seriously what is there lmao?

My plan has always been to buy it next summer and still is....

Because we are all not stupid enough to spend 400+ on current gen ports and the teething problems of a new console don't mean we can't afford to pre order or couldn't pre order rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:16 pm

How much cheaper will the overall console be by next year? Surely it can't be significantly cheaper.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:10 am

No one will have that guess, mt.
And even if there is a price drop, it really wouldn't be until the end of the year/anniversary of the console. Even then I still doubt it will drop in price.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:50 am

Pedram wrote:
Thimmy wrote:I have to admit, I actually enjoyed Black Ops 2's single player campaign far more than it's online multiplayer mode :roll:The campaign in that game was surprisingly good, to be fair.
Dat badass villain. :bow:

What was his name, Raul Menendez ?
Yeah, that guy had some sister complex, lol.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:24 am

Elmystique with the most retarded post I have ever read Laughing

Maybe some people just want to give the next gen consoles a year to improve? Ever thought of that? :facepalm:

FIFA 14 and NBA 2K14 haven't impressed me much, the UFC game comes out in Spring.. Since I only buy sports and fighting games, I think waiting until next year is best.. I'm not doing it for the price drop, I don't expect it to drop much at all, no more than $50 at least
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:37 am

NBA 2K14 hasn't impressed you? Really? Did you expect the players to jump out of the screen? Laughing By far one of the most impressive next gen games so far.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 43 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 30 ... 43  Next