10/2/2013 Manchester United - Everton EPL

+3
Zero
AlinJ92
Vlad the Impaler
7 posters

Go down

10/2/2013 Manchester United - Everton EPL Empty 10/2/2013 Manchester United - Everton EPL

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:59 pm

Manchester United v Everton Preview:

The game against Everton it's like any other game in a championship, a very important one, in which the points represent a high stake for both teams.Man United needs a victory to maintain at least 9 points gap between them and Man City and to infuse to its players, the necessary morale before such an important confrontation, like the one with Real Madrid..Everton also sees itself forced to give its best to keep alive the hope that they can finish in top 4 at the end of this season.

The most majority of fans want the same what obviously the club itself wants, two victories in the next two fixtures.The most discussed topic at the moment is about which players will be introduced in the first XI by Sir Alex in two of the toughest battles of the season.In my opinion, the dispute with Everton should start with the pair of central backs formed of Smalling and Vidic, because the first of them is now behind the decent evolution for the national team against Brazil, performance that could facilitate a good evolution in the weekend too.The Serbian needs to play some minutes before the meeting with Real Madrid, considering that he was spared in the away match with Fulham last weekend.Thus, Santiago Bernabeu could find on the pitch Vidic and Rio or maybe even Vidic and Evans.

I consider that Rafael can play against both Everton and Real Madrid, due to the fact that he didn't play in the midddle of this week for his NT and it could be an exponential factor to play some minutes before the UCL clash.As it concerns Evra, I think he needs a break since he played against both Fulham and Germany and we really need him to be fresh.It might be a good opportunity for Büttner, to win Sir Alex's confidence with a good performance against "The Toffees".

The eternal dilemma is, which formation should we use: 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2?

Over time we have been accustomed to hear the same cliche from Manchester United fans: "Manchester United is a team which develops the attacks on wings, hence the 4-4-2 layout designed to exploit the wingers game."

It is not fully wrong to say this.Indeed, the 4-4-2 formation mainly facilitates the development of attacks based on wings.This doesn't mean that using the 4-2-3-1 system won't capitalize the potential of our wingers.Players assigned to play on the lateral sides of the field, actually obtain by this positioning more freedom to penetrate from outside to inside and bring an extra in terms of key passes on the central zone of attacks, aspect in which Nani excels when he is in-form.Valencia has a slightly more linear style based more on sprints of 20-30 meters and not on technical gestures, with more defensive tasks than the other wingers of our team.Thus, the idea of ​​using the 4-2-3-1 formation makes me think of Nani when it comes to the right side of the pitch.Ashley Young is somehow Valencia's more technical doppelganger.Both are limited to being right-footed, and it is a disadvantage, unlike Nani and Kagawa, who from this point of view are more skilled with the ability to use both feet with approximately equal efficiency.

So, I think that to exploit the 4-2-3-1 formation, the team should start from the middle up with the following players:

Carrick - Cleverley
Nani - Rooney - Kagawa
RVP

More specifically, this way I would start the match against Real Madrid.

There's no doubt for me that Carrick will be playing from the first minute in both matches, actually the team is built around him, as we have already used.I believe the match with Everton can start with Carrick and Clevs in the middle, and after around 60 minutes, the latter to be replaced by Anderson in order to be able to regain the freshness needed for the duel which will take place in Uefa Champions League next week.Anderson had some decent performances lately and I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the first XI on Sunday.

I have a peculiar sensitivity for Kagawa, therefore I would like to see him playing in both games.In my opinion, he may be one of the key players of the second half of the season.Lately he showed the football intelligence, which he demonstrated at Dortmund in the past two seasons.The guy has an extraordinary passing vision, positioning and movement on the pitch are worthy of a world class attacking midfielder, something we have deduced from the way he reads the game of the opposite teams' and often has customary to intercept the ball in the last 30, 35 yards; he usually comes with decisive through passes as he did in the game against Southampton and for the Japan national team, last evening.

In conclusion, the first XI choice for Sunday's clash may have great repercussions in the match which will take place next Wednesday in Spain. For Sir Alex, it is important to have the whole squad fit and healthy.However, I expect a few surprises from Ferguson, tactically speaking. "The rest is silence"...
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

10/2/2013 Manchester United - Everton EPL Empty Re: 10/2/2013 Manchester United - Everton EPL

Post by AlinJ92 Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:20 pm

Well, judging from what happened at the previous encounter with Everton, we need one of our centre backs with the most aerial power, Vidic or Smalling to handle Fellaini. Rio should be rested, because we need him a lot more on Wednesday. Also, Evra should be rested and Buttner to be given a chance. On the right side, Rafael should be playing to counter Leighton Baines' threat. Overall, if we neutralize these two key players that Everton have (also don't forget about Jelavic), we should have no problem winning the game. Based on the game profile and our injury list, my assessment of a starting line-up for the Everton game looks like this:

DDG

Rafael; Evans; Smalling/Vidic ; Buttner;

Scholes; Cleverley/Anderson;

Nani; Kagawa/Giggs; Welbeck;

Chicha.

I would have posted an image, but I still have to wait for a day.
AlinJ92
AlinJ92
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

10/2/2013 Manchester United - Everton EPL Empty Re: 10/2/2013 Manchester United - Everton EPL

Post by Zero Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:32 pm

Was deceived again. I thought he's gonna rest the players for the Madrid tie but...

--------------------DDG
Rafael-------Vidic-----Evans-------Evra
Valencia----Jones---Cleverley---Giggs
-----------Rooney----RVP------
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:16 pm

GIGGS WILL TEAR YOU APART AGAIN!

LEGEND! :bow:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by AlinJ92 Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:17 pm

The legend continues. His record as well.
AlinJ92
AlinJ92
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:17 pm

Giggs a goal every premier league season. He is forever young. Legend.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:47 pm

That performance was evrything I wished for. Commitment, desire and determination to get the 3 points.

Special mentions to Vidic and Rafael, incredible performances from those 2 (especially the latter). what an assist. I can't believe how good he is getting right in front of our very eyes. Both defensively and offensively. He did a great job in nullifying Baines and Pienar, both of whom have had a great partnership in destroying teams this season. Well done Rafa and congrats to him for getting the MOTM award too.

I thought Jones was brilliant in man marking Feliiani out the game in the first half. unfortunate he recieved a knock and had to come off, but he completely stifled and frustrated fellaini(sp?). we're gonna need Jones to be alright and do a similar job to either Ozil or CR on wednesday.

RVP had a bit of a frustrating game, but still managed an assist and goal. Hallmarks of a top player. Giggs' accolade in scoring every single season Cool

a lot of positives.

There is this hunger this season at this stage, a determination not to drop to complacency. A 12 point gap that I feel the players know from the experience of last season's lead they will not take anything for granted.

satisfying.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:33 pm

GIGGGGGGGGGGGSSSS SCOREDDDDDDD WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

LET TEH STREAK CONTINUES ^.^
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down