Milan31
Onyx
Kaladin
27 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Italy vs Holland - Page 3 Empty Re: Italy vs Holland

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:35 pm

If only we signed him on one of the 4,685 occasions we were linked to him.

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:36 pm

Drab game pretty much which came to life in the last few minutes or so.Far from an enjoyable game to watch tbh.

Barzagli :bow: Best defender on the night easily.And Mole thinks he doesnt belong in the list of Top 5 CB's rofl

Great sub in from Prandelli to introduce Osvaldo for Balo.Did a far better job than Balo on the night and should've got his name on the scoresheet too.

Dont think there were any standouts for the MOM but there were quite a few players who i was left impressed with by both teams on the night.(Janmaat and Maher for the Dutch NT in particular).
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:40 pm

The same Barzagli who couldn't deal with Boriello? rofl

Of course he was the best defender anyway, his partner was f*cking Astori rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:42 pm

TomJuve wrote:If only we signed him on one of the 4,685 occasions we were linked to him.

I don't no how gilardino still hasn't played for juventus he could still be our last day panic buy in the summer mercato Proud.

as for veratti the kid is a beast :bow: insigne,veratti,florenzi italy taking a leaf out of spains book and building a team of midgets to take the world by strom :bow:
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:44 pm

TomJuve wrote:If only we signed him on one of the 4,685 occasions we were linked to him.

What? Of course you will. Gilardino is a Marotta-esque marquee signing along with Acquafresca, Iaquinta, Massimo Maccarone, Plasmati, and the immortal Moscaradelli. Expect Mr. X to be Gila.

Surag wrote:Drab game pretty much which came to life in the last few minutes or so.Far from an enjoyable game to watch tbh.

Barzagli :bow: Best defender on the night easily.And Mole thinks he doesnt belong in the list of Top 5 CB's rofl

Great sub in from Prandelli to introduce Osvaldo for Balo.Did a far better job than Balo on the night and should've got his name on the scoresheet too.

Dont think there were any standouts for the MOM but there were quite a few players who i was left impressed with by both teams on the night.(Janmaat and Maher for the Dutch NT in particular).

Can't expect a fun match from italia in a friendly. Their attitude typically was pathetic as usual in friendlies. Only wake up when they need too it seems.

Balo was good overall and unselfish along with getting into good positions. Looked lazy and rightfully was subbed.

MOTM were Abate (marked out the other guy and Robben when he came) and Barzagli by a mile for Italia. Other good players were SES, Santon, Florenzi and Verrati who lit up the midfield battle after a sluggish De Rossi was subbed off.

Barzagli completely and utterly nullied Van Persie. Read him like a book. Ridiculously good marking.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:54 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Barzagli completely and utterly nullied Van Persie. Read him like a book. Ridiculously good marking.

Barzagli shut down Robben too when he was ON.(Robben was constantly drifting in towards the center).

But no,Mole loves to nitpick instead and chooses to base of him off a game where the fault on the goal wasnt even entirely his. rofl

Its simply criminal to not rate Barzagli as a Top 5 CB in Europe right now.Period :coffee:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:57 pm

tbh shutting down RVP with Holland is no achievement
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:57 pm

You would think me putting 2 Juve CBs in my top 5 was enough, but no Surag wants 3 No

Greed No

Also what Ganso said and did you see this Holland side? rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:58 pm

Surag wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:Barzagli completely and utterly nullied Van Persie. Read him like a book. Ridiculously good marking.

Barzagli shut down Robben too when he was ON.(Robben was constantly drifting in towards the center).

But no,Mole loves to nitpick instead and chooses to base of him off a game where the fault on the goal wasnt even entirely his. rofl

Its simply criminal to not rate Barzagli as a Top 5 CB in Europe right now.Period :coffee:

Tsk Surag Mole rates Barza very highly yet only says Cheillini is your best and most important CB. I think your getting mixed up. I seem to speak to mole more than my 6 elder brothers these days, he rights him as world class.

That scrub Robben kept drifting inside after his tricks weren't working vs Abate as drifting in wasn't a smart choice cause OH! Barza was there to nullify him after having a breeze vs RvP rofl
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:59 pm

Surag wrote:

if u don't play for madrid,barca,bayern or one of the top 5 in england ur not considered the best in ur position or anywhere near that. premier league fan and fifa logic :coffee:
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:10 pm

Ganso wrote:tbh shutting down RVP with Holland is no achievement
Laughing

Not a very fun game to watch, the subs were mind boggling, happy we levelled it in the end. With the Holland team that was out, if the Italia weren't lazy, we should have won it. We do have a good future ahead of us though Very Happy
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:23 pm

I think Barza is 6th behind Chiellini, TS, Hummels, Bonucci and Pique....

I rate him i just think Bonucci is better and the other 4 are out on their own as far as i'm concerned.

Also hyping him after a friendly is a bit ridiculous Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:26 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I think Barza is 6th behind Chiellini, TS, Hummels, Bonucci and Pique....

I rate him i just think Bonucci is better and the other 4 are out on their own as far as i'm concerned.

Incredibly.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:27 pm

He's better than Bonucci.No doubts there.I'd rate him higher than Pique too.

He belongs in the Top 5.End off.

Luca wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I think Barza is 6th behind Chiellini, TS, Hummels, Bonucci and Pique....

Incredibly.

There's a reason why i was hyping him.Mole knows why i brought this discussion up here.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:34 pm

So all this is based over you rate him top 5 and i rate him top 6?

Bit petty no? Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:37 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:So all this is based over you rate him top 5 and i rate him top 6?

Bit petty no? Laughing

I think he really really really wants you to put Barza in your top 5. Laughing

Take my advice and do it
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:48 pm

Onto more important things, Verratti with a great goal :bow:

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:49 pm

Verratti costing Krul his clean sheet No
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:53 pm

Verrati completely lit up Azzuri when he came on as he was one of the few with desire to play. Which is why Italia gained back midfield dominance in his presence. Resembles like Xavi (in his playing style) more and more as he plays. It was interesting to see that he was playing in his original Trequartista role once Italia switched to a 4-3-1- as he excelled there quite well.

Krul saved Netherlands throughout yet had karma for trying to be the Prince of Persia with his time keeping.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:55 pm

ffs i overslept and missed the match Italy vs Holland - Page 3 2276801876
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:00 pm

Arq LMAO.

Also thoughts on the system? i know Italy have used 4-3-1-2 for ages now but i personally believe going forward the players might suit a different system better not to mention in the modern game it can be exploited quite easily.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:10 pm

Ganso wrote:tbh shutting down RVP with Holland is no achievement

Related:

Italy vs Holland - Page 3 Proxy

Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:12 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Arq LMAO.

Also thoughts on the system? i know Italy have used 4-3-1-2 for ages now but i personally believe going forward the players might suit a different system better not to mention in the modern game it can be exploited quite easily.

Prandelli's favourite systems are a 3-4-3 diamond modification and the 4-3-3 in which he played today. 4-3-1-2 was switched only when Gila, Osvaldo and Verrati came on.

Problem with Prandelli is that he is a tinkerman and a perfectionist in which he hasn't found his favourite system in which to utilize so far as this is due to the sudden emergence and use of the young Italian Azzurini talents.

Prandelli is a modern manager and its clear he doesn't want to stick to the old Italian and provincial methods. Only methods he uses from there is the Sweeper in his 3 man, a #Trequarista in a 4-3-1-2 or a #10 fantasista in a 4-3-3 as SES then eventually Diamanti showed when subbed in.

As of now, its too difficult to say which system he will favour given Prandelli is unpredictable and in the emergence of giving chances to a lot of young players (along with recently performing veterans). Typically of any Italian manager for the Azzuri they usually like to figure their system and optimize upon it right before the tournament which is frustrating as a whole and a testament to the perfectionism of most of the managers here on the peninsula.

What was displayed in this match? Abate and Santon literally were playing wingbacks. If anything it was like watching Allegri's new system at Milan which is why SES-Balo played together. Abate continued his increasingly attacking role while Candreva cut inside to provide passes. Santon was playing so high on the pitch and combining with SES continually you couldn't tell he was a Leftback. Pirlo was playing ahead of Montolivo and De Rossi in tighter spaces. Substitutions? 4-3-1-2 was arbitrary with Verrati playing a TQ supporting Gila and Osvaldo. Florenzi didn't have a role in particular but played a near Marchisio role with his end to end running and passing in tighter spaces to open up Holland.

As of now its too early to tell with Prandelli. 4-3-3 and a 3 man diamond 3-4-3 modification seems to be his favourite along with possibly a 4-2-4 which was used vs France.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:35 pm

Good post Arq Thumbs up

Interesting about the fullbacks being high, as Santon has been playing beyond the half way line in a lot of matches in recent weeks.

I like it personally because having 4 defenders back to deal with what is usually 1 forward is a waste IMO and having fullbacks that far forward helps maintain fluidity and pressure of attacks.

A lot of teams are realising this now and not just the very top teams even our selfs have Santon and Debuchy basically camped on the half way line in recent games Laughing

I used to favor fullbacks who were solid defensively and stayed back but as time has gone on i almost find them to be a waste and while they have defensive responsibility the large brunt of their responsibilities seem to be to maintain pressure of attacks and effect the game in an attacking sense.

I'm still honestly gobsmacked how cheap fullbacks are considering their importance to do what i mentioned above they are almost worth their weight in gold.

Be interesting to see how you set up going forward to 2014.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:50 pm

Don't get too excited about Gilardino. He either is an absolute clinical player, or complete shit. Usually complete shit.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:09 am

Mole can I pls go in your top 5 pls pls pls.

Also Arq he will link up just fine with Moscardelli, perhaps Plasmatri can play as a winger hmm

And Marotta yeah he'll come to Turin eventually, you mark my words.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next