Lex wrote:Someone justify him going to QPR, cos I'd love to hear that argument

Money. That justifies over 90% of transfers at top level smoking

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

QPR.... AHAHAHAHAAH - Page 2 Empty Re: QPR.... AHAHAHAHAAH

Post by Onyx Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:13 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
sportsczy wrote:oh come on. Newcastle is not exactly a big team lol. And the other reason i heard is that he was not too keen on being on the wing.... he's much more comfortable as a CF.

Compared to QPR we are huge...... there are league 1 teams who are bigger than QPR Laughing

Their stadium only holds 18,000 people and hasn't changed since the 60s Laughing

Stamford Bridge and Etihad stadium don't hold as much as Old Trafford, Bernabeu, Camp Nou etc etc.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:14 pm

But look at both teams' standing in the league though.Both teams had similar objectives and that is fighting to avoid relegation.And it only came down to the choice of Newcastle's history + passionate supporters and their growing French community to QPR's exorbitant money offer and he ended up choosing the latter.Cant say i blame him for that i mean its not just him ,there are a load of players who go after the money nowadays.In hindsight it proves to be a not so great decision from him ,but still he'd be getting paid whilst he stays injured lol.Anyways i dont want to defend QPR here.I hate them too.lol
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:23 pm

Tbh Surag i get all that its when Sports say they isn't a massive difference....

When you talk about size of clubs we beat them in every department handsomely...

Trophies? check.

Stadium and facilities? check.

Support? check.

History of quality players and for attacking football? check.

History of relative success on the European stage? check.

And many many more.

QPR have none of this and 1 trophy in their entire f*cking history ffs.

I can't believe i'm even talking about this Laughing

This is like saying West Ham are bigger than Man Utd, thats the huge difference you are looking at.

QPR ffs, you could fill their capacity at their stadium 4 times over at our stadium ffs.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:33 pm

Future > past. hmm

And I thought Liverpool's history didn't matter when it was the Liverpool vs Newcastle discussion some time ago. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:37 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Future > past. hmm

And I thought Liverpool's history didn't matter when it was the Liverpool vs Newcastle discussion some time ago. hmm

It doesn't but we are better than them right now too..... i'm just arguing the point Sports was making and what a retarded point it was.

What ever way you slice it, Remy chose money over a much bigger football club which much bigger future potential and much better chance of helping him realise his international dreams.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:41 pm

QPR can become the next City/Spurs imo. Newcastle will have to work hard to get near that position. If QPR stay up, they can strengthen and get into Europe. They'll be where Man City were under Sven.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:44 pm

Laughing good one.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:53 pm

Newastle are not competing for CL spots... that's what it comes down to. You have title contenders, CL contenders, the vast wasteland of mediocrity and then the relegation teams.

That's how i look at it lol.

I don't deny Newcastle's history or the passion of their fans. I also don't deny Newcastle being a better club. I'm just arguing that the PRESENT football objectives of Newcastle and QPR are not that different.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:09 pm

QPR didn't really spend that much to get into the league did they.

It was done under that Italian fella who was pretty stingy even though he was so rich, it was mainly down to Warnock.

they only started spending money under Fernandes, at which time they were already in the Prem.

Last edited by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants on Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:12 pm

Lex wrote:Someone justify him going to QPR, cos I'd love to hear that argument
'Arry- "Hey Loic, I really think you should join our club, we could really use you"
Remy- "Hmm, a move to London, that sounds nice.. well before I agree to anything, where did you guys finish last season?"
'Arry- "Oh.. uh, sure one sec, lemme pull up the table I'll show you"
QPR.... AHAHAHAHAAH - Page 2 BCSQ-a9CUAASWfA_zps225542db
'Arry- "We were so close last season! Im sure if you join us you can push us over the edge and well win the title!
Remy- "Where do I sign!!"
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:18 pm

sportsczy wrote:Newastle are not competing for CL spots... that's what it comes down to. You have title contenders, CL contenders, the vast wasteland of mediocrity and then the relegation teams.

That's how i look at it lol.

I don't deny Newcastle's history or the passion of their fans. I also don't deny Newcastle being a better club. I'm just arguing that the PRESENT football objectives of Newcastle and QPR are not that different.

We want to be where Everton are atm ( i.e. Challenging for top 4) and with a bit more depth there is no reason why can't do that.

Pardew is a moron but with quality players across the board you have seen already that he can get it right.

We were there last year and with a few more additions there's no reason why we can't be there again.

Ok this season has been an awful forgetful mess for many reasons, tactical f*ck ups, loads of injuries etc etc but lets face it where should be nowhere near where we are and with these players plus 2 or 3 more we should be where we planned to be at the start of the season.

QPR will never be near where we finished last season or even hope of it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:28 pm

Newcastle made a few good signings and ended up in a high spot. Before they they were a pure midtable side. QPR can do it too imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:39 pm

sportsczy wrote:oh come on. Newcastle is not exactly a big team

Santiago Munez played there :coffee:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:41 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Newcastle made a few good signings and ended up in a high spot. Before they they were a pure midtable side. QPR can do it too imo.

Before? Before they were in Europe, what are you on about?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:47 pm

The difference is we made smart signings.....

QPR buy Loic Remy for 8m on close to 100k a week for 6 months and then go down and sell him for nothing.

Don't get me started on Samba Laughing 100k 12.5m Laughing

Also unlike QPR we can sign quality players without being overwhelmed by debt.

I can't believe this discussion is even taking place Laughing

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:48 pm

But that's the thing... Remy took the money with the understanding that he would only commit to this season. His release clause is like 2 million lol if QPR get relegated. He also has the ability to cancel the contract without any penalty if he chooses to.

When you think about it, what has he given up? He chose one relegation battle over another. With QPR, he gets a ton more cash and he has a ton more options next year. He also gets to play his preferred CF position.

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:51 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:Newcastle made a few good signings and ended up in a high spot. Before they they were a pure midtable side. QPR can do it too imo.

They were, but last seasons team was better. They nearly finished in a CL spot. Any midtable team can finish 7th and get into Europe.

Last edited by Yohan Modric on Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:55 pm

I don't mind that Sports thats not what i'm arguing here.... i'm not bothered by his choice its pretty obvious why he made it but this thread is all about how karma can be a bitch.

I think its pretty obvious what im arguing, the two clubs cant be compared.

Also our relegation battle is pretty much over :coffee: we are closer to Liverpool now than QPR Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:10 pm

I was trying to restrain myself in this thread, but it's time i open up a bit...

Do any of you know Loic Remy? The kid played with a partially strained hamstring all last year because he didn't want to let down Deschamps or Laurent Blanc. He has a reputation of toughness that started at Nice. That's why DD asked for him when he was at Marseille. Even when OM refused to sell him to the Spurs last winter, he played his heart out and never said another word about it. His toughness cost him 6 months because his hamstring tore.

This year, he quietly sat behind Gignac and never complain publicly even one bit. During the winter, he told OM that he wanted to stay and fight for his job until the summer. He didn't want to leave because he felt his market value was too low. But OM wanted to shed his salary and told him he wouldn't play unless both Gignac and Jordan Ayew got hurt... basically told him he was unwanted. He scrambled to get offers at the last second and it came down to Newcastle, QPR and russian teams. He refused Russia immediately. He wanted to go to Newcastle... then QPR said they would give him whatever he wanted. He threw every ridiculous demand he could out there and they said yes lol. He would have been an absolute moron to refuse, especially since he can't play Europe and Newcastle was at the bottom too.

Now, he tears his hamstring and his career may be over. That's what they're saying in France... it's the second major tear in the same muscle and he may never recover 100%.

And you guys call such a tragic injury karma??? Can't say how horrible and frankly disgraceful it is to say that... especially when you know nothing about the player in question.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:14 pm

I'm sure it isn't that bad Sports lol. But if it is then i do apoligize.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:18 pm

It is. Equipe 21 is saying that he tore the hamstring completely for the second time. If it's a chronic weakness in the muscle, it's over for him. Every time he sprints, he would be in danger of tearing it again.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:19 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

They were, but last seasons team was better. They nearly finished in a CL spot. Any midtable team can finish 7th and get into Europe.

How is that relevant?

Remy would of turned down Newcastle just as much last year as this, because we wants money and sees QPR as a stepping stone.

But this notion that Newcastle isnt big enough for him while QPR has some kind of ability to become bigger is silly.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:20 pm

You got Gouffran anyhow lol. You should be happy. He's shown me a lot in his new role. Never realized he was that fast and could defend.

Things happen for a reason. Remy got a huge contract and is set for life if his career is done. Newcatle get a good player too.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:26 pm

Tbh Sports i am happy, very happy in fact. We still need another striker but that will come.

My thought process behind this thread was quite obvious and i'm sure you can see where i was coming from.

Anyway now we both understand each other we can end this here.

As i said if this injury turns to be the beginning of the end for him then i feel very sorry for him, no one likes seeing injuries destroying a career especially ones as short as a footballers.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:57 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

How is that relevant?

Remy would of turned down Newcastle just as much last year as this, because we wants money and sees QPR as a stepping stone.

But this notion that Newcastle isnt big enough for him while QPR has some kind of ability to become bigger is silly.

I'm not saying Newcastle aren't big enough. If QPR can survive the relegation battle, they have more money than Newcastle to build a project similar to Man City's etc. Redknapp's a pretty good manager.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum