Patrick Bateman
danyjr
donttreadonred
McLewis
crazzyblanco
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

BREAKING NEWS: Roma sack Zdenek Zeman Empty BREAKING NEWS: Roma sack Zdenek Zeman

Post by crazzyblanco Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:57 am

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/139/italy/2013/02/02/3721024/breaking-news-roma-sack-zdenek-zeman?source=breakingnews&ICID=HP_BN_1
who's going to be the new coach??
crazzyblanco
crazzyblanco
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS: Roma sack Zdenek Zeman Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS: Roma sack Zdenek Zeman

Post by McLewis Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:10 am

Our technical coach, Aurelio Andreazzoli has taken over as caretaker coach.

Rumors are that Laurent Blanc has turned down the job as he wants a permanent role, which we're not prepared to give him right now. I personally would've preferred we give the job to Alberto De Rossi, our primavera coach, but oh well.

I expect the Ancelotti rumors to return this summer. Might even be in for Allegri depending on how Milan finish their season.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS: Roma sack Zdenek Zeman Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS: Roma sack Zdenek Zeman

Post by crazzyblanco Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:13 am

ah...really liked how roma played under zeman...he was a real maverick...didnt care whose feathers he ruffled...serie a will miss his personality
crazzyblanco
crazzyblanco
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:14 am

Is this a popular decision within the Roma support?... scratch

I got the feeling there was a bit of a cult following for Zeman.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:17 am

Not at all, DTOR.

5000 protested against this decision outside of Trigoria.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:18 am

Can't say I couldn't see this happening. Zeman's teams might play breathtaking football, but like Loco Bielsa, he rarely succeeds in achieving something substantial.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:21 am

donttreadonred wrote:Is this a popular decision within the Roma support?... scratch

I got the feeling there was a bit of a cult following for Zeman.

He did have a huge cult following but when results go bad so do the fans.

:facepalm:

Fickle fans like Neal has said so many times.
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:28 am

I was wondering if the results had gone bad enough to turn some sections of the Roma support away from him. Sounds like it may be every bit as controversial as I originally thought.

Personally can't believe Roma have done away with another manager. This is the 4th in four years, right?
Ranieri
Montella
Enrique
Zeman
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:37 am

Bring Spalletti back. He's going to unemployed soon.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:46 am

donttreadonred wrote:I was wondering if the results had gone bad enough to turn some sections of the Roma support away from him. Sounds like it may be every bit as controversial as I originally thought.

Personally can't believe Roma have done away with another manager. This is the 4th in four years, right?
Ranieri
Montella
Enrique
Zeman

It was worse back in 2005. We went through 5 in one season before we settled on Spaletti. That's the prime reason why Roma haven't been able to achieve much of anything. Always chopping and changing things, there's no continuity or consistency. It's unsurprising that when actually stuck by Spaletti, we won the Coppa Italia, just as we allowed Capello to do his thing and we got a scudetto out of it. If we had sacked both at the first sign of real trouble, we'd be way worse off than we are now.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:50 am

McLewis wrote:
donttreadonred wrote:I was wondering if the results had gone bad enough to turn some sections of the Roma support away from him. Sounds like it may be every bit as controversial as I originally thought.

Ranieri
Montella
Enrique
Zeman

It was worse back in 2005. We went through 5 in one season before we settled on Spaletti. That's the prime reason why Roma haven't been able to achieve much of anything. Always chopping and changing things, there's no continuity or consistency. It's unsurprising that when actually stuck by Spaletti, we won the Coppa Italia, just as we allowed Capello to do his thing and we got a scudetto out of it. If we had sacked both at the first sign of real trouble, we'd be way worse off than we are now.

Know that feel bro.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:37 am

bring back spalletti and his style :bow:
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:07 am

Not sure about this situation, but you're signature isn't making it any easier to think. Embarassed
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:16 am

I'm a little surprised they would sack him now. I don't think it makes much difference than waiting for summer. In any case, it was bound to come and Zeman's age ensured that he wouldn't be the one to institute a long term project. I still would've waited for spalleti to be sacked though
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:50 am

Unpopular opinion alert, but I didn't even like the Enrique firing. This one even less.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:10 am

justdoit_ wrote:Unpopular opinion alert, but I didn't even like the Enrique firing. This one even less.

You ain't alone in that, brah.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:20 am

McLewis wrote:
justdoit_ wrote:Unpopular opinion alert, but I didn't even like the Enrique firing. This one even less.

+2
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:33 am

:coffee: I actually was happy after Enrique quieted , even if he could bring the Tiki-Taka at perfection , i just do not like that style of play
but Zeman and his attractive style of play was something Roma lacked duo to different reasons , now i,m thinking prandelli contract ends at 2014 and zeman were supposed to be at Roma for two years providing the platform but didn't work out , I've enjoyed the football he brought and its sad that didn't work out for Roma
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:51 am

RealGunner wrote:
McLewis wrote:

+2
I agree too.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:54 am

was going to read this topic but sig completely distracted me and now i lost my train of thought.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:05 am

Donuts wrote:was going to read this topic but sig completely distracted me and now i lost my train of thought.
HAHAHA rofl

I was thinking the same thing! Razz
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:34 am

omg bring back spaletti i loved his roma team. i remember his 4-6-0 formation :bow: even though i was a juve fan and we had a far better squad then roma back then i liked roma as a team more they just played the best football and always with crazy formations too.
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:57 pm

No

i understand Roma's decision though..
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:58 pm

I saw "BREAKING NEWS: R..." on the home screen and thought Rafa might have been sacked, but i was deceived Sad
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:01 pm

Roma management are seriously naive.

Sure Zeman had issues with a few players whether tactical or personal but the man deserved a season. It's not like Roma have suddenly captured a Mourinho or Capello.

There isn't a fix-it coach around. If they're giving it to this assistant coach it makes you wonder why Montella wasn't kept on. Truly a showing of incompetence IMHO.

This Project Roma are going for requires faith in coaching staff and not reacting ala Zamperini.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next