Sri
jayp
ArsenalWenger
32 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Left Back  - Page 3 Empty Re: Left Back

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:18 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:I couldn't care less if he was playing for Spurs. The fact is Bale is worse than Gibbs at left back and to play him there would be a waste of his abilties.

What about Eboue, do think he could play that position, if he is called upon?

Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:20 pm

Maybe. But Eboue suffers from the same fundamental weaknesses that Gibbs does; poor positioning and concentration. His positionign is bad enough at right back; I shudder to think what it'd be like at left back.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:38 pm

Buy Enrique!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As long as you give us a fair price ofcourse Smile
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:39 pm

Eboue at LB :O :O NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:40 pm

wow wenger is a frakking joke...he can go screw himself....how did we after the flamini debacle let things get to this...clichy for 7 million pounds? to a team tht bought milner for 26, kolarov for 17 mill nd mind u clichy counts as a homegrown...;

HOW ARE WE SELLING TO OUR DIRECT RIVALS? srsly? 7million pounds?

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:42 pm

why did we sell him before buying players first? wenger is pissing me off

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:46 pm

come on guys ...it's a great absolutely a GREAT chance to sign THE BEST BALEeeeeeeeee....we could win any tittle with him ,im sureeeeeee. Honestly.
pls Wenger sign him or go home ...i'll take care 4 the club...loool

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:47 pm

boss wrote:come on guys ...it's a great absolutely a GREAT chance to sign THE BEST BALEeeeeeeeee....we could win any tittle with him ,im sureeeeeee. Honestly.
pls Wenger sign him or go home ...i'll take care 4 the club...loool

I hate to burst all your bubbles but Bale is'nt a LB and never will be.

As i said sign Enrique for the same price you sold Clichy for Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:48 pm

@Boss - we wont possibly sign bale man... besides, hes better at LW than LB...

Wenger seriously needs to pull his "magic hat" back on now...

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:51 pm

@Mole....whattt are u doing ! looool ...i want Baleeeeee....that's it....END Wink funnyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Last edited by boss on Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:53 pm

U know what ! 4me he's just perfect...he can play @any position..that's why i like him..ohhh what a striker man o man....he's huge.

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:10 pm

I want to get signed to Arsenal and play LB Sad
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:12 pm

boss wrote:@Mole....whattt are u doing ! looool ...i want Baleeeeee....that's it....END Wink funnyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Enrique has 12 months left on his deal, id like to see some cash for him while we can get it Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:18 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
boss wrote:@Mole....whattt are u doing ! looool ...i want Baleeeeee....that's it....END Wink funnyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Enrique has 12 months left on his deal, id like to see some cash for him while we can get it Very Happy

Arsenal is the last team you want to buy Enrique, the price tag would be way lower then what Wenger sold Clichy for. That's just the way Wenger does business.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:26 pm

ali8775 wrote:I want to get signed to Arsenal and play LB Sad
omg ! it's maybe 4th time to see u cr!...that hurts man ..... wow! are u a crocodile ! ha ha haa...just kidding bro... Wink ....@ Mole ..ahh sorry i wanted to say how are u ,not what !looool Embarassed he he heeee...anyway i dont like that Enrique !!!

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:27 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Arsenal is the last team you want to buy Enrique, the price tag would be way lower then what Wenger sold Clichy for. That's just the way Wenger does business.

Haha true that, him and Ashley are quite alike in the way they do thier business spend as little as possible and sell for as much as possible.

It would be interesting to see them two discuss a transfer Laughing

I would probably agree tho Wenger would probably try and get the fee down to around 4 million :lol!:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:37 pm

Disappointed that Clichy left for Manchester...

Here's hoping Arsenal show some financial muscle in the window still, I don't care if you guys get stronger as long as there's someone better than the teams from Manchester...
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by nj Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:38 pm

i see the hunt for a LB will be a hard this summer, as we are also looking for one, and there's isnt much good LBs available out there. Laughing

anyway its weird, not once Izaguirre has been mentionned in this thread.

havent seen him in action myself, and its true that league isnt very strong, but if you win the Player of The Year award while being a LB, you must be quite good at least.
nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:40 pm

he hasnt been linked enough with us though.

Either wenger gets a LB from some unknown league or Gibbs is our future.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:48 pm

Okay so i haven't been on the internet and watched transfer news on tv for the last few days, and then a few minutes ago i decided to watch the latest transfer news and activities on tv and guess what I see:

"Clichy on his way to Man City"

i was like what the feck????

And now i wanna ask ya'll - what the feck? What in feck's name are we doing?? Aren't we supposed to improve this team for next season to win a trophy(ies)??? AaAh? In fecking feck's name fecking tell me how are we supposed to find a better or a player with the same quality as Clichy?? We won't!

Those who are better won't come to Arsenal! Now tell me do we even have enough money to buy a Left Back?? This is fecking AW which is in charge of Arsenal, he won't go on a huge fecking buying spree. Cause i tell ya'll we already need a CB, striker, and maybe a back up DMt as well!

We need those and now you go and sell our reliable quality left back and now we're short in that department as well? Feck it, it's feck! Do we now have to see Gibbs as our first choice left back??? O.o my gosh :l total bullsh*t! I think i need to go to bed, my feck!
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:22 pm

El_Gunner wrote:Okay so i haven't been on the internet and watched transfer news on tv for the last few days, and then a few minutes ago i decided to watch the latest transfer news and activities on tv and guess what I see:

And now i wanna ask ya'll - what the feck? What in feck's name are we doing?? Aren't we supposed to improve this team for next season to win a trophy(ies)??? AaAh? In fecking feck's name fecking tell me how are we supposed to find a better or a player with the same quality as Clichy?? We won't!

Those who are better won't come to Arsenal! Now tell me do we even have enough money to buy a Left Back?? This is fecking AW which is in charge of Arsenal, he won't go on a huge fecking buying spree. Cause i tell ya'll we already need a CB, striker, and maybe a back up DMt as well!

We need those and now you go and sell our reliable quality left back and now we're short in that department as well? Feck it, it's feck! Do we now have to see Gibbs as our first choice left back??? O.o my gosh :l total bullsh*t! I think i need to go to bed, my feck!

truth be told that was our biggest need. and not necessarily a backup but someone who can rotate with song
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:25 pm

boss wrote:
ali8775 wrote:I want to get signed to Arsenal and play LB Sad
omg ! it's maybe 4th time to see u cr!...that hurts man ..... wow! are u a crocodile ! ha ha haa...just kidding bro... Wink ....@ Mole ..ahh sorry i wanted to say how are u ,not what !looool Embarassed he he heeee...anyway i dont like that Enrique !!!

I know man Sad sad times :'(
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:43 pm

El_Gunner wrote:Okay so i haven't been on the internet and watched transfer news on tv for the last few days, and then a few minutes ago i decided to watch the latest transfer news and activities on tv and guess what I see:

To start off with, calm down.

Secondly, if you've been following all the news so far you would have known Clichy's departure was inevitable. It was just a matter of when and to who. City were the only team to offer what we wanted. So off Clichy went.

Whether or not Wenger will sign a replacement I don't know, but the £7,000,000 from this transfer is enough to buy Enrique from Newcastle. Is he better than Clichy? I don't know. But believe me, who are the left backs better than Clichy? Evra, Cole, Abidal, maybe Marcelo... that's it. Realistically, we aren't going to sign any of them.

It doesn't matter which way we look at it, we're going to have to take a small downgrade at left back.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by ArsenalWenger Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:49 pm

http://then5blog.blogspot.com/2011/07/who-should-replace-gael-clichy.html

7 million pounds. If that is how little Gael Clichy cost Manchester City, then they got a bargain. Based on previous City transfer fee form though, we were had. His signing is hardly illogical for City though, and in a way it makes sense for Arsenal too. Despite being the last remaining 'Invincable' Clichy's form of late has been slightly patchy. With only a year left to run on his contract, selling him whilst we still could does make sense for Arsenal. The big question is what happens now?

Arsene Wenger could stand still, and do nothing. Both Keiran Gibbs and Armand Traore are still at Arsenal, and both have had runs in the starting 11. However, Traore is returning to London following an injury blighted spell in Turin, where he hardly set the world alight with his 8 appearences. He's not a bad player, but I really don't feel that he's good enough to make it in N5.

Armand Traore - Injury Plagued at Juve

Gibbs - Injury Plagued

Arsenal's only other option for 2011/12 - at the moment - is Keiran Gibbs. I, personally, feel that the young Englishman has shown real glimpses of quality and ability when he has had the chance to play. Unfortunately for him, one of his biggest chances to impress was curtailed when he had his foot stamped on by Eliaquim Mangala of Standard Liege during the 2-0 victory over them in November 2009. With Clichy already sidelined, Gibbs was getting a run in the team and was playing well. This fractured metatarsel spelled the end of his season, originally out for 3 months, it was discovered that the surgery had been done wrong, and the recovery period had to be restarted following further surgery.

With Clichy again injured, Gibbs had a short spell in the team at the tail end of last season (10/11), starting the final 3 games of the season. He generally put in some good performances, although some lapses in concentration and bad decision making cost Arsenal. In my opinion he was entirely at fault for the first Fulham goal, leaving his man to try and help out Vermaelen giving the Fulham winger acres of space to receive the ball and cut it back for Sidwell to slot home.

In my opinion, Traore isn't good enough for Arsenal and isn't the right player to provide a high enough level of competition to force Keiran Gibbs to push on and improve his game. I think that now is the right time for Traore to shown the exit door, and a slightly more experienced player should be signed to help Gibbs improve. The question now is who should that person be?

Image text here
Izaguirre - The Honduran has impressed in Hoops
Emilio Izaguirre is one of the names the media have been putting out there as a potential Arsenal target for months, but now with Clichy gone, their crystal ball is going to be put to the test. The 25 year old Honduran claims that he has turned down Sir Alex Ferguson and Manchester United already this summer in favor of remaining at Parkhead, so it's tricky to see him moving - assuming he's telling the truth!! Celtic boss Neil Lennon has also said that he is not for sale at any price. Worth around £6.5m it is possible that he could be added to the squad for the same sort of money Clichy left for. The Scottish PFA Player of the Year, has an attacking style, which would fit in well at the Emirates, becoming known for his 'rampaging displays down the left wing' (according to the Daily Mail). Lennon said on signing him that: "he's strong defensively, he's quick, he's got a very good left foot and he's good going forward." No disrespect to the SPL but it's somewhere in between Premiership and Championship, so Izaguirre is untested at the very highest level.

With only 12 months left on his contract, Newcastle United's Jose Enrique could be a good choice for Arsenal. The ex-Villarreal man is valued at around the £10m mark by Newcastle, but it's likely that they would sell for less, rather than run the risk of losing him for nothing next summer. He's made 119 appearances for the Magpies, 85 in the Premier League, so he has good to flight experience, having played in Spain for 2 seasons as well, Enrique could use that experience to help during the Champions League campaign.

Jose Enrique Jose Enrique (R) of Newcastle United holds off the challenge of Yossi Benayoun (L) of Chelsea during the Barclays Premier League match between Chelsea and Newcastle United at Stamford Bridge on May 15, 2011 in London, England.
Jose Enrique - Could do a Clichy...
At 25, the Spaniard isn't too old for Arsene Wenger, and could prove to be a shrewd piece of business. Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has also admitted that Enrique could leave, saying "we're not confident we can keep him." Definitely a sign that a deal could be done. Last season, a defence with Enrique in would keep a clean sheet roughly once every 4 games, much better than Arsenal at the tail end of last season. Having only scored the one goal, Enrique is about as prolific as Clichy was. He is a player who would certainly push Gibbs on, and I feel that it would be a close run thing over who would be first choice.

Of these four options, I would be inclined to give Gibbs his chance, but I would have Enrique there to push him all the way, and there to step in if the injuries and inconsistencies which have troubled Gibbs' career so far resurface in 2011/12.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just an article providing an analysis about some of the targets etc.
ArsenalWenger
ArsenalWenger
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by KMD Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:28 am

while we at it, Gibbs is injured Smile so hopefully wenger will think this through...

we need quality LB... and I hope wenger will provide us with one, coz he out of all defenders he knows a good LB
KMD
KMD
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:51 am

We'll get some random French guy, just like Koscielny :L

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite