Why Juventus should not sign a left-winger or left-sided player.

+4
vanharouva
C.Marchisio #8
Luca
JuvenelCuore
8 posters

Go down

Why Juventus should not sign a left-winger or left-sided player. Empty Why Juventus should not sign a left-winger or left-sided player.

Post by JuvenelCuore Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:00 pm

Have a look at ex-Primavera left-wingers or left-sided players.

Raffaele Palladino.
Sebastian Giovinco.
Davide Lanzafame.
Cristian Pasquato.

Is Cristian Pasquato in jeopardy of becoming another Palladino, Giovinco, or Lanzafame ?

Being benched, then eventually shipped away for peanuts only to have them do well elsewhere; Palladino is debatable in terms of how "good" he was, Giovinco is quite evident, and Lanzafame I think will be a good player for Palermo.

If Juventus sign a left-sided player, I really worry that Pasquato will be finished in terms of his career with Juventus. He has played quite a lot in pre-season and I think it is safe to assume every Juventus fan has loved him unconditionally.

It is looking likely that he may get a chance to sign, but admist reports and rumors, I fear that an incoming winger will trump his position as a first-team or even rotation player. With Vucinic already signed, his chances are already reduced.

I think it may ruin him motivation-wise as well; think about it. What if he is working as hard as he is to earn himself a place in the squad elite ? I believe that if he is reduced behind TWO new players, he would be crushed. Here he is a Juventus Primavera, yet Juventus potentially could treat him badly.

Juventus need to take a look at Barcelona where home-grown talent trumps incoming transfers.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Why Juventus should not sign a left-winger or left-sided player. Empty Re: Why Juventus should not sign a left-winger or left-sided player.

Post by Luca Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:03 pm

I was about to post a similar thread.
I mean, I understand if it is a super talent or super player like Hazard or Nani but Vargas? Might as well pocket that 15M and play Pasquato, I mean at least give him first team football until January, if he isn't cutting it loan him out and strengthen the team.

His pre-season form merits a stay and a start.

+1 Nick

Also, I believe Pasquato can easily surpass Palladino/Lanzafame.
Giovinco is debatable, la formica atomica>

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Why Juventus should not sign a left-winger or left-sided player. Empty Re: Why Juventus should not sign a left-winger or left-sided player.

Post by C.Marchisio #8 Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:07 pm

Good post JNC and I agree that key for success is in the youth players.If we buy LW Pasquato obviosly will be benched and he will lose confidience in himself and he will become Paladino/Lanzafame/Gio 2.0
C.Marchisio #8
C.Marchisio #8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:09 pm

Thank you Luca and Juvefan, I appreciate the support. I agree with both of you that Pasquato can become better than all of those previous players if he is given a chance. He is better than Palladino, Giovinco is better right now but he has played a lot more and Pasquato can reach his level I reckon, and Lanzafame has not played enough for me to judge personally, so I will see him next year.

To Luca in particular, the point about the signings is spot on. Pasquato can challenge most, if not all the wingers Juventus have been linked with that have been serious ... obviously I am not including silly rumors of Nani, Ribery, Hazard, etc. who were just media rumors not backed by any real merit.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by vanharouva Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:13 pm

Nice post sir.

Im reading that SKY is reporting that Juve will buy another winger after Giaccherini and Estigarribia.

With Martinez leaving this should also mean Pepe is off. (to Zenit?)

Our wingers this season:
Krasic, Pasquato, Giaccherini, Estigarribia and Mr. X

This is my guess..

vanharouva
vanharouva
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:16 pm

vanharouva wrote:Nice post sir.

Im reading that SKY is reporting that Juve will buy another winger after Giaccherini and Estigarribia.

Our wingers this season:

This is my guess..

Thank you Van. I read that as well on SKY Sports, and I am a little uncertain with it. As Luca said, I do not see the reasoning behind buying somewhat mediocre wingers [Giaccherini] and a winger with the same experience as Pasquato, and who is the same age [Estigarribia]. He may be a great prospect player, but why do Juventus need him ? Unless he is a backup to Pasquato, it would be demoralizing to start him ahead of Pasquato.

As for Mr. X, I am thinking it is Bastos after a statement was released today that Juventus were waiting until August 31 to go in for the swoop, just as Marotta shocked when he got Quagliarella and Aquilani on loan.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Marchisio #8 Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:24 pm

Look this way.Last season we have Pepe and Martinez for left wing and they didnt impressed obviosly.Now we have Pasquato and as reports says another guy Est...However i can say that Pasquato + that guy will give us better games than Pepe + Matrinez.So we have nothing to lose comparing last season,we can get something ,more precisely Pasquato can get more expiriense and Juve can get even better player and more important that would be for free
C.Marchisio #8
C.Marchisio #8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:29 pm

I agree with this and would love Pasquato to be the main guy. But it's still a bit risky.

we need back-up at least. And out of Pasq and the paraguayan winger whos name I forget which ever of them play better can hold down the starting XI spot.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by vanharouva Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:30 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:
vanharouva wrote:Nice post sir.

Our wingers this season:

This is my guess..

Thank you Van. I read that as well on SKY Sports, and I am a little uncertain with it. As Luca said, I do not see the reasoning behind buying somewhat mediocre wingers [Giaccherini] and a winger with the same experience as Pasquato, and who is the same age [Estigarribia]. He may be a great prospect player, but why do Juventus need him ? Unless he is a backup to Pasquato, it would be demoralizing to start him ahead of Pasquato.

As for Mr. X, I am thinking it is Bastos after a statement was released today that Juventus were waiting until August 31 to go in for the swoop, just as Marotta shocked when he got Quagliarella and Aquilani on loan.

Well 2 things come to mind

A) Conte said he is "used to having 5-6 wingers in his squad"

B) We probably dont have the 30m required to get a winger like Hazard. And Estigarribia represents zero risk with a loan of 300k and with the talent he is rumoured of having it is worth the gamble of him he becoming "our new Camoranesi".(as a transfer)

If what SKY is reporting is true then the "big name" should still be coming. I just have this gut feeling that Estigarribia will eventually prove to be the better player than the "big name" Cool
vanharouva
vanharouva
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:40 pm

Well I said "Why do Juventus need him" assuming that he is starting above Pasquato. If he is a substitute, I would welcome him.

I just do not want Vargas to be purchased as he will start no doubt. I think the Juventus winger should be Krasic, Pasquato, De Silvestro, Pepe, and Estigarribia. Possibly Martinez if he does not leave. Then Vucinic is there as well, so it is a very strong lineup as it stands.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:42 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:Well I said "Why do Juventus need him" assuming that he is starting above Pasquato. If he is a substitute, I would welcome him.

I just do not want Vargas to be purchased as he will start no doubt. I think the Juventus winger should be Krasic, Pasquato, De Silvestro, Pepe, and Estigarribia. Possibly Martinez if he does not leave. Then Vucinic is there as well, so it is a very strong lineup as it stands.

Yeah fair enough. I'm sure Esti... etc. would be happy fighting for a place he's not a massive name so it's not like he can demand a spot as the likes of Vargas, Ribbery etc can.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:45 pm

TomJuve wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:Well I said "Why do Juventus need him" assuming that he is starting above Pasquato. If he is a substitute, I would welcome him.

Yeah fair enough. I'm sure Esti... etc. would be happy fighting for a place he's not a massive name so it's not like he can demand a spot as the likes of Vargas, Ribbery etc can.

Exactly. I see him as an Afellay character; he would be ecstatic to play for Juventus, but he would recognize that a home-grown player [Pedro for Barcelona] trumps him.

Same as Juventus. Estigarribia = Afellay, and Pasquato = Pedro. In this situation they are the same, not talent wise, but team-wise, etc.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:54 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:
TomJuve wrote:

Exactly. I see him as an Afellay character; he would be ecstatic to play for Juventus, but he would recognize that a home-grown player [Pedro for Barcelona] trumps him.

Same as Juventus. Estigarribia = Afellay, and Pasquato = Pedro. In this situation they are the same, not talent wise, but team-wise, etc.

Yeah that's my point exactly. And if by some chance he vastly out performs Pasquato then you give him a run of games. It's a win win situation if handled correctly.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:05 am

No doubt Tom, that would be great. This season I think Pasquato should get a full run because there are no extra games besides Coppa Italia, which I think Estigarribia should play in to rest Pasquato.

Next season however, if Juventus play in Europe, then a rotation should work depending on who is better in-form or suited for the situation.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:08 am

Once again I agree. I always suggested rotation since it was clear players such as Quag would be benched. It keeps everybody happy to some extent and it's harder to prepare for a team who change.

This year rotation isn't really important though. With champions league football it definitely will be.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:04 am

We think a like my friend, great post. I have the exact thoughts in my mind. Although we can depend on Pasquato, a back up is still needed. Hopefully we can get 50% back from Giovinco, and were all set.

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:05 am

giovinco is 100 Parma's dunno why ppl don't simply saw that news

Pasquato + The Paraguay guy for LW .... GIacherinni + KRasic on the right
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:06 am

Well if I remember correctly Sciacca, after the contract ends, is it not a bidding war between Juventus and Parma and whoever bids the highest gets to keep him ?

It is not like he was loaned to Manchester City, I think outbidding Parma will be relatively easy. Imagine on the left flank; Pasquato, De Silvestro, Giovinco. Mamma mia.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:14 am

DeviAngel wrote:giovinco is 100 Parma's dunno why ppl don't simply saw that news

So no Pepe? I can live with that :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Fenomeno Vero Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:15 am

DeviAngel wrote:giovinco is 100 Parma's dunno why ppl don't simply saw that news

When did that happen? As far as i read, Parma solely took up their clause to co-ownsership at the end of the season, meaning that we should still own 50% of him

This is what i believe will happen should we buy both Giaccherini and Estigarriba. However, whether or not Pepe stays, is imo, directly related to Conte getting his wish of having 5-6 wingers at his disposal. Though, tbh, Vucinic could also play on either wing in emergencies, as well as Vidal, so i guess something could be worked out
Il Fenomeno Vero
Il Fenomeno Vero
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by nikac Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:52 am

Surely this quoted players from first post of this thread were young prospects,decent players,but actually they didn't live up their expectations. Because of their real potential. Honestly,i really love Juve with all my heart, but at the other side, i have to be realistic. No one of these players posses quality of our ex indispensable players like Nedved,Camoranesi,Zidane, i think they are more like Marchionni,maybe a little better.
The fact is that we need 2 big transfer blows,just like in the old times. We need some Ozil,Nasri,Mata... I can't be satisfied with Giaccherini and Estigarribia,and try to lie myself and all of us here that they are they just with watching 2 or 3 pathetic youtube videos.

nikac
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:56 pm

Il Fenomeno Vero wrote:

When did that happen? As far as i read, Parma solely took up their clause to co-ownsership at the end of the season, meaning that we should still own 50% of him

This is what i believe will happen should we buy both Giaccherini and Estigarriba. However, whether or not Pepe stays, is imo, directly related to Conte getting his wish of having 5-6 wingers at his disposal. Though, tbh, Vucinic could also play on either wing in emergencies, as well as Vidal, so i guess something could be worked out

1) Giovinco is 50% ours... not a 100% so you're right... He's saying that because Giovinco does not want to come back to Juve.

2) The answer is simple, GET PEPE OUT OF JUVENTUS !

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:58 pm

I wouldn't mind having pasquato loaned until Jan to some serie A team without option to buy in order to get experince from serie a
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:03 pm

I would rather Pepe sold.

You guys don't see the problem yet do you?

Now Juventus will for sure be using a two man midfield, so...
Who takes a seat?
Pirlo, Marchisio, Vidal.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down