What I and you think Juventus need to do.

+7
MMM
juventus101
TrezeGent
Marchino28
DeviAngel
Juveman17
Tomwin Lannister
11 posters

Go down

What I and you think Juventus need to do. Empty What I and you think Juventus need to do.

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:43 am

This is just a thread to discuss what you think we need to do to get out of this very sub-standard run of games.

The first thing that strikes me is how poor we've been at defending balls in the air.

Let's look at all 3 of Lazios goals.

The first one. This was from a corner, we practically threw ourselves away from the ball and it fell to Mauri who finished his chance.

The second one. This was a high ball played straight to the head of Gonzales, Peluso screwed up completely as he should have had his man and Chiellini WOULD have had his man. I understand there's no hope in hell of getting a great replacement for Chiellini as he is a world class defender. That being said, surely you don't need a WC defender to pick up his freaking man and not lose track of the ball. The way Gonzales ghosted in and scored was disgusting.

Finally goal number 3. And yep, you guessed it folks. From a F*CKING corner. Vidal is marking Floccari who stands much taller than he does and then he simply gets a sight of goal and heads it in. And just after we managed to score. That goal was the worst freaking goal we've conceeded in recent years for me. We completely switched off.

Conte simply must improve our set peice defending and whilst he's at it we need to stop the pointless front post corners. They rarely work and when they do, there's still a small chance of the flick finding a Juventus man. We have height, we have a dead ball maestro... let him cross it in and give the other team a problem. Just compare our 4,000 corners to the last Lazio corner.

Next on my agenda is the long standing striker issue. GET GIOVINCO AWAY FROM TURIN (Preferably Italy, don't want him biting us in the ass every time we play his team) He's had multiple chances. The fact is he's not good enough and probably never will be. He's easy to push off the ball (That's obvious) but the problem is he's far from clinical and constantly fails to take his man on. He's not particularly fast and his decision making is pretty much shocking. From which pass to make to what type of shot he tries his decision making is mostly just plain wrong.

Vucinic is... well he's Vucinic. We should keep him and try him with Llorente.

Quags will never be a first team player again so I would probably sell him on. It will be a sad day but we can't let emotions get in the way of what's best for the club. Our striking department has once again failed us. Either Matri or Quagliarella must go, along with Bendtner and Giovinco to make way for new strikers. I think we need to press for Jovetic in the summer.

Next we have the enigma on our right flank who is Isla. I know he's had a bad injury but with each passing week that is less of an excuse. Isla continues to fail to deliver top quality crosses and he can hardly find a way past the opposing full back. From what I have seen of him at Juventus he's like an out of form Pepe. I would probably not renew him.

Marchisio has had two injuries and the flu. He should have definitely scored though because if I had missed that opportunity during a primary school P.E lesson I would have put my head down in shame. Having said that, there should have been no need for a rebound considering Giovinco somehow failed yet another wonderful chance to score. He likes to think he's a striker but he's about as clinical as Amauri was for us and beats his man less than Eden Hazard beats teenagers.

In a summary.

OUT: Bendtner, GIOVINCO, Quag/Matri.
IN: Jovetic(Or a similar calibre striker)

Problems which need adressing: Our abysmal defending of high balls and corners and our strike department. Realistically our strikers mostly need sold because chances should be at a premium for a club like Juventus and these Donkeys get more chance to impress than they ever should.

What would you like to see happen immediately and in the summer?

And yes I know the title should be "You and I" But I liked the little rhyme at the end. banana
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

What I and you think Juventus need to do. Empty Re: What I and you think Juventus need to do.

Post by Juveman17 Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:07 am

As much as I think Gio is a disgrace, we need to keep him. Our lineup next year should be Llorente, Vucinic, Gio, Quag, and Immobile.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

What I and you think Juventus need to do. Empty Re: What I and you think Juventus need to do.

Post by DeviAngel Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:17 am

We must sign Vice Pirlo and loan Marrone and get Bouy or that signing the pirlo like midfielder we signed 1 week ago Cevaloss or something.

We must sign Jovetic in the summer or Sanchez....

for now until Chiellini,Asa,Pepe return we must go 4-3-3
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Marchino28 Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:21 am

Buffon
Lichtsteiner-Barzagli-Chiellini-Asamoah
Vidal-Pirlo-Pogba/Marchisio
Willian-Llorente-Jovetic

Subs: Vucinic, Caceres, Immobile, Cevallos, Beltrame/Ouasim Buoy

I think that Immobile would be more useful than Giovinco
Marchino28
Marchino28
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by TrezeGent Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:28 am

Apart from what you wrote, I'd have to say that even Vucinic shouldn't be a starter. Yes he does deliver genius passes sometimes, but most of the time is very irritating, lazy and tempter-prone.

Juventus should simply not rely on 352 all the time.

The only reason, I believe Conte uses 352 is the centre-backs and the left back issue.

First, honestly Barzagli, Bonnuci and Chiellini are too good to be dropped, and second, the lack of a good left back made Conte rely on the famous 3 at the back.

What I would suggest is sticking with the 433 line up with Barzagli and Chiellini in the CB positions. If a good left back does not arrive Chiellini could be used in that position. That would take something away from the attack point of view, but the defense would be much stronger.

Would a 433 mean no Asamoah in the starting line up? We've bought him and he's done exceptionally well in the LW. Being played in his natural position, CM, I believe he would excel. Him competing with Marchisio and Vidal would only bring positive and even better performances at the center midfield. Also, given that we're playing way more often that we did last year, its natural for our players to get injured, and a center midfield containing Pirlo, Marchisio, Pogba, Asamoah and Vidal would give great options for rotation and player resting during certain games.

As for the striker options, I honestly don't know what to believe from the press rumors. Lorente arrived, however I don't know who would Juventus be able to attract financially to fit in the 3 striker options. I'd just go with Giovinco-Lorente-Vucinic.

Last year while we were using 433, we had much more possession and intensity in the game. It somehow unfolded the weaknesses of the opposition better than 352. With the current player roster, the 433 would allow Lichtsteiner to be a LB, not a LW (which he is not), would allow Asamoah to be a CM and not a LW, would use Giovinco and Vucinic wider in the field where they belong (since they can't score for their lives-but they do create); they're just not centre forwards., and would be perfect for Lorente, who's a great chance taker.

Finally, Conte! He's done exceptionally well and brought Juventus to the highest levels, and who know what's on his mind. I'm no coaching expert, but relying on long balls, relying on passes from the defense to a 160cm Giovinco is honestly stupid and risky at the same time. It wastes possession, and automatically gives the opposition more chances to relax and score. Slower build up play, determination and intensity like we showed last year created very convincing and beautiful football to watch. Thus, I believe last years tactics were better than the current ones.

Even though we have more points than we did last year at this point of the season, it's simply not the same. We've been more lucky than convincing, and that's what I hope to see from Juventus in the future.
TrezeGent
TrezeGent
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:41 pm

I think youre overreacting. We played our Third string DLP (Pirlo-->Pogba-->Marrone) and LCB (Chiellini-->Caceres-->Peluso), and our second string B2B (Marchisio-->Padoin), RW (Lichsteiner-->Isla), and LW (Asamoah-->Giaccherini). Plus we all know we lack that clinical finisher. So take Messi out of Barca (the clinical finisher), then drop Alves, Alba, Xavi, Iniesta, and Pique too, and any team would struggle. Yet we still controlled the game from start to finish against an extremely good Lazio side who played all their starters. Once we start finishing our chances it will be different, and 95% of the time Marcgisio puts that in the back of the net, plus Vucinic shouldve had a clear penalty. So put that together and it wouldve been a very different game.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MMM Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:48 pm

I would like to be short and to the point,
1- One of our biggest problems is in center of the field when we are 100% dependant on pirlo. When he's not there or out of form it means juve is switched off. We need a vice pirlo more than another forward. Last season mainly our miedfielders scored that's why we became champions even without a clinical striker but pirlo is older now and will be even older next season. Just imagine the game against lazio with pirlo playing as a starter. Pogba is more a DM so buying a young playmaker is vital.

2- Caceres is better as a RB so we need a CB backup due to reasons others mentioned above

3- Quagli doesn't look motivated anymore and he's too similar to matri. I believe we cannot sell them both in june (unless we bring our youngesters back) and maybe its better to keep matri as no one is much interested in him.
I would keep gio, he's not clinical but he can be used as LW and especially in 4-3-3 formation.
MMM
MMM
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:55 pm

1. A top CF
2. Vice-Pirlo, maybe Poli
3. Depth at CB, maybe bring Masi back this summer
4. Sell Quags and Matri
5. Keep one of our young forwards at Juve, either Immobile, Giabbadini, or Boakye
6. A young SS, maybe Muriel
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:13 pm

Depends on the kind of funds are made available come the summer.

Next summer we already have 3 obligations to fulfill.Isla,Asamoah and Peluso so slash €22.8m from the budget.

Last summer we pretty much spent like we have done just about every season in the last few years ,that is about €50-€55m so assuming we spend pretty much similar amounts,I say,before making any other purchases just go all out break the bank for a top SS like Willian,Jo-Jo or Sanchez since we have snapped up a quality CF in Llorente.

Sell one of Quags or Matri (or maybe even both to collect cash) to make way for one of Gabbiadini or Immobile.

I'd like our attack to look something like:Vucinic,Llorente,Giovinco,Top SS,Immobile/Gabbiadini.Attack is where most work should be done come next season.

As for the remaining depth purchases,try to snap up Diakite on a free transfer for defensive depth.He's free so we cant miss out on him thereby also freeing up fund for other purchases.

And for the Vice-Pirlo ,trade any one of our players like De Ceglie or some of our other younger players plus some cash for one of Obiang or Poli.

And we're set for next season.Easier said than done though.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:19 pm

what we need to do?
Stop bitching & have faith in the team...
Everytime the team fails to win, we write who we need to get...& when we do win, we write how we could've done better & who we should still get...

Result & performance are 2 different things...the player performed well but didn't get the result...that's football...it's unfair at times.
Deal with It!
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MMM Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:24 pm

Cotes wrote:what we need to do?
Everytime the team fails to win, we write who we need to get...& when we do win, we write how we could've done better & who we should still get...

Result & performance are 2 different things...the player performed well but didn't get the result...that's football...it's unfair at times.
Deal with It!
I have nothing to say about bitching or crying but the team didn't perform well...
MMM
MMM
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:27 pm

Deal with It!

A 1-2-3 and record since the start of January is more than just poor results, it's also poor performances. People are just pointing out how this stretch of games has exposed some weaknesses in the team and how we should strengthen those weaknesses. I don't think there is anything wrong with that.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:31 pm

Deal with It!

If you cant see the deficiencies in the team then you are truly a blind man.

This is a football forum.We discuss the positives as well as the negatives and its clear that there some problems in the team which need to be addressed in the summer.

If you dont want to involve yourself in this interaction and think the team is not subject to criticism then kindly refrain from posting in such threads or just simply zip your mouth.Gotta say you have developed an annoying habit of attacking people around here.

PS.Great thread Tom.Just ignore Cotes' post and carry on with the discussion.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:45 pm

What should we not criticise our team for winning 1 in our last 6 games and losing half of them? Is it acceptable to keep screwing up as the Italian champions? No it's not. As a fan you can't pretend everything your team does is perfect and wonderful. Criticism is vital for improvements and on a football forum it's important to understand and debate a teams weaknesses.

Having faith in a forward line who continually screw us over and the likes of Peluso who keep costing us goals is stupidity. If we want to compete for the CL and the league then performances like these are very worrying indeed.

Besides, losing a game is one thing. But screwing up twice in a row to a team who we dominate is something else. Then you factor in they won the game 1 minute after we equalised and the fact that all 3 of their goals involved an air ball/cross it highlights a weakness that small teams (Including Celtic) are going to continue to exploit.

You can bet your house on the fact Celtic have been taking note of how abysmally we defend corners and they will probably nick a goal or two from them if we continue to act like there's nothing we could do to fix the problem.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:50 pm

One thing I really hope Juve will do is benching Peluso. Yes, he hasn't been given much time, but in the 2 games he started as a CB (Sampdoria and Lazio), he was at fault for at least 2 of the 3 goals in those games. I feel much safer with Caceres at the back.

And of course, there's the problem with our strike force. Juve's conversion rate in the CL this season has been the second worst, Juve only convert 9% of their chances, which is outrageously bad. Giovinco, Vucinic, and Quagliarella are all extremely inconsistent. Some days they play and link up brilliantly, on others they perform like the way they did vs Lazio. We need better strikers who are consistent and lethal. Hopefully Llorente will fit the bill.

I've also heard some complaints regarding the 3-5-2. I honestly wouldn't mind switching every now and then to the 4-3-3. After all, Juve did look better after switching to that formation. I think if we're playing against a big team and caution is needed, a 4-3-3 should be used. However, when we need a goal, we should go for the 4-3-3.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:31 pm

This what our squad should look like for next season:

GK: Buffon, Storari, Rubinho/Leali.
DEF: Chiellini, Barzagli, Bonucci, Masi, Peluso, Caceres, Lichsteiner, Isla.
MID: Marchisio, Vidal, Pirlo, Marrone, Verratti, Pogba, Asamoah, Giaccherini, Padoin/Pepe.
ATT: Llorente, Vucinic, Anelka/Icardi, Giovinco, Pasquato, Immobile.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down