Borussia Dortmund vs 1. FC Nürnberg

+2
rwo power
urbaNRoots
6 posters

Go down

Borussia Dortmund vs 1. FC Nürnberg Empty Borussia Dortmund vs 1. FC Nürnberg

Post by urbaNRoots Thu 24 Jan 2013, 12:25

Borussia Dortmund vs 1. FC Nürnberg 16 Dortmund vs Nürnberg Borussia Dortmund vs 1. FC Nürnberg 4

Friday, 25.01.2013 – 20:30 GMT+1 – Signal Iduna Park (Dortmund)

Start of the season:

On Friday, the reigning German champions and cup winners, Borussia Dortmund open the 19th Round of the 50th Bundesliga season against 1. FC Nürnberg.

Last Saturday, BVB started the new year violently with a 5:0 win in Bremer Weserstadion where they played Werder Bremen. In contrast Nürnberg's start under new-coach Wiesinger performance and result-wise was a little disappointing after they drew HSV 1-1 at home.

Did you know?
  • Borussia Dortmund's 5-0 win over Werder Bremen last week was their joint-biggest victory this season, along with the thrashing of Borussia Monchengladbach at home.
  • The champions have lost twice at home this season - more times than they did in the whole of their 2011-12 campaign.
  • Nuri Sahin is set to make his first appearance at Signal Iduna Park since leaving BVB for Real Madrid in the summer of 2011.
  • Nurnberg, despite sitting in 15th place in the Bundesliga, have the same defensive record as second-placed Bayer Leverkusen.
  • However, only fellow Bavarian outfits Augsburg and Greuther Furth have scored fewer goals than der Club.
  • Tomas Pekhart's equaliser against Hamburg last Sunday was his first goal since his side held BVB to a 1-1 draw at home on matchday 2 - way back in August.

(via Goal.com)

Team news:

Borussia Dortmund: No injuries from last match, Klopp can build around the same team as against Werder Bremen. Subotic and Bittencourt still out.

1. FC Nürnberg: Marcos Antonio not available for the coach while Nelsen who was sick should be fine by tomorrow.

Probable line-ups:

Borussia Dortmund:

Weidenfeller
Piszczek Santana Hummels Schmelzer
Bender Gündogan
Blaszczykowski Götze Reus
Lewandowski

1. FC Nürnberg:

Schäfer
Chandler Nilsson Klose Pinola
Balitsch Simons
Gebhart Feulner Kiyotake
Pekhart
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Borussia Dortmund vs 1. FC Nürnberg Empty Re: Borussia Dortmund vs 1. FC Nürnberg

Post by rwo power Thu 24 Jan 2013, 14:34

Well, let's hope that Dortmund will collect the next win on Friday. They totally need to end in the CL spots after all.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Borussia Dortmund vs 1. FC Nürnberg Empty Re: Borussia Dortmund vs 1. FC Nürnberg

Post by urbaNRoots Fri 25 Jan 2013, 23:09

3-0! Fairly Nürnberg didn't have the best game but Dortmund were sensational, especially in the first half.

Gündogan MOTM, what a game... controlled everything and had some fantastic passing skills. Kuba obviously had a good game too. Thought Schmelzer improved in the 2nd half, won almost every header Shocked

Götzeus were kinda meh, didn't think they had their best game.

Thought the 2nd half was kinda interesting tactically speaking as Dortmund were kinda playing Barça's game, pressing high up the field, Schmelle and Pische were acting as wingers, midfield overcrowded, false 9 and tiki takaing around. 2nd half might has been boring for neutrals but very interesting tactically speaking.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat 26 Jan 2013, 01:10

Watched the game and good lord Hummels is like Pirlo sometimes Laughing

Hopefully Dortmund can continue like this, would like to see a title race of some sort.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sat 26 Jan 2013, 01:19

Watched the game. It must be said that the 4-3-3 ypu switched ti in the 2nd half really let you put a stranglehold on the game. With Sahin back and playing well its hard to bench him, so i would rotate Kuba and Lewa and try out a 4-3-3 for a couple games. They say "dont fix it if its not broken" but the reward far outweighs the risk in my opinion cuz you could always simply go.back to the 4-2-3-1. But i think the 4-3-3 with Reus as an Inside forward and Gotze starting out on the right but having a free role would suit you guys even better.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat 26 Jan 2013, 01:55

Bench Lewa, play 4-3-3, Lewandowski is an incredible scrub, his goal was utter class, but the times before that when he gave the ball away made me almost rage-quit the TV -.-
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat 26 Jan 2013, 03:12

So much for "Wilshere would walk into the Dortmund team anytime" Razz

I only watched the second half, but nice job by Dortmund! And Lewa desperately needs to drink some target water before games...
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat 26 Jan 2013, 10:42

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Watched the game and good lord Hummels is like Pirlo sometimes Laughing

Hopefully Dortmund can continue like this, would like to see a title race of some sort.

His playmaking is discussed a lot in Germany.

Jens Lehmann who's a Sky pundit now, mentioned that his eagerness to attack/playmake can be risky when playing against top quality in Europe, while I agree it can be risky - Hummels looks like he knows when to attack and when not, he manages that very well - and he did the same against top quality too (Manchester City, Real Madrid, Ajax etc...)
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat 26 Jan 2013, 10:57

juventus101 wrote:Watched the game. It must be said that the 4-3-3 ypu switched ti in the 2nd half really let you put a stranglehold on the game. With Sahin back and playing well its hard to bench him, so i would rotate Kuba and Lewa and try out a 4-3-3 for a couple games. They say "dont fix it if its not broken" but the reward far outweighs the risk in my opinion cuz you could always simply go.back to the 4-2-3-1. But i think the 4-3-3 with Reus as an Inside forward and Gotze starting out on the right but having a free role would suit you guys even better.

I don't agree that benching Sahin will be hard, Klopp won't drop Kuba who's in great form for Sahin, I can guarantee you that. For now atleast not. You just don't break the Kuba-Piszczek telepathic connection Proud

Plan is when/if Lewandowski leaves the club Kloppo will try the 4-3-3 with Götze as a false 9:

Weidenfeller
Piszczek Subotic Hummels Schmelzer
Bender
Sahin Gündogan
Kuba Götze Reus

But for a plan B if this doesn't work out, Dortmund will have to sign a striker who has good movement off the ball, can score goals, but also links up well with Reus-Götze-Kuba. But the 4-3-3 will be tried more for sure, when Lewandowski inevitably leaves the club.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat 26 Jan 2013, 11:10

@OptaFranz: 147 - Ilkay Gündogan had 147 ball touches vs. Nürnberg, more than any other player this season in one BL game. Involved.

@OptaFranz: 1991 - Only Stuttgart had 1991 a better start in the second leg (2 victories, 9-0 goals) than Dortmund 2013 (2 victories, 8-0 goals). Dash.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat 26 Jan 2013, 12:46

urbaNRoots wrote:
juventus101 wrote:Watched the game. It must be said that the 4-3-3 ypu switched ti in the 2nd half really let you put a stranglehold on the game. With Sahin back and playing well its hard to bench him, so i would rotate Kuba and Lewa and try out a 4-3-3 for a couple games. They say "dont fix it if its not broken" but the reward far outweighs the risk in my opinion cuz you could always simply go.back to the 4-2-3-1. But i think the 4-3-3 with Reus as an Inside forward and Gotze starting out on the right but having a free role would suit you guys even better.

I don't agree that benching Sahin will be hard, Klopp won't drop Kuba who's in great form for Sahin, I can guarantee you that. For now atleast not. You just don't break the Kuba-Piszczek telepathic connection Proud

Plan is when/if Lewandowski leaves the club Kloppo will try the 4-3-3 with Götze as a false 9:

Weidenfeller
Piszczek Subotic Hummels Schmelzer
Bender
Sahin Gündogan
Kuba Götze Reus

But for a plan B if this doesn't work out, Dortmund will have to sign a striker who has good movement off the ball, can score goals, but also links up well with Reus-Götze-Kuba. But the 4-3-3 will be tried more for sure, when Lewandowski inevitably leaves the club.

My Fifa 13 formation :bow: although it was Leitner instead of Sahin Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat 26 Jan 2013, 12:56

I play them with a very narrow 4-3-3 in FIFA13, almost a 4-2-1-1-2, like so:
Weidenfeller
Pisczek Subotic Hummels Schmelzer
Bender - Bender
Gündogan
Kroos
Götze Reus
(Note that Kroos is only very little behind Götze and Reus, who are very close to the center, the wings are covered mostly be my wingbacks, just as Gündogan is only very little ahead of the Bender brothers)
I traded Lewandowski + 15m for Kroos right at the start of the season, and Perisic for Lars Bender. Then Subotic got immedeatly injured, at which point I traded Kehl +1m for Kirchhof. I'll get Sahin as soon as I can, I'd even trade Kuba for him, if I can get another decent CAM/CF/SS. Since I don't use wingers.
Now I rotate Kuba through the front 3, and Leitner through the midfield, while I sometimes play Hummels as a DM or CM, and give Kirchhof and Santana minutes at CB. Hummels in a more attacking position is an absolute beast.
/FIFA13

I mention this, because I actually think FIFA got htis one right: Hummels is a beast, he really reminds me of Beckenbauer in the way he goes forward, he doesn't really dribble players, he just goes past them, and they assume they can't stop him because he looks majestic. Haven't seen a central defender with that brilliant attacking spirit in ages, and I really wish Löw would utilize that attribute more, and partner him with a defender that can cover for him better, like Höwedes, for example.

For Dortmund he's already utilized perfectly, Kloppo really does know what to do with his players.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat 26 Jan 2013, 13:04

Only in Fifa could Kroos be sold to Dortmund Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat 26 Jan 2013, 13:08

If you want me to split the above FIFA posts into a separate "Dortmund Players in FIFA13" thread to discuss that further, just give me a call. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sat 26 Jan 2013, 13:13

Dortmund shouldve got Podolski when they had the chance last season. Lewandowski is inevitably gonna leave, and when he does, your only options up top are playing Reus or Gotze as false 9's or Schieber. Podolski would also be a false 9, but those 3 combining would be awesome. With the 4-3-3 hes not needed, and theyre certainly doing amazing without him, but as a fan of Podolski and Dortmund being my favorite team still in the first Bundesliga (im a Koln fan), it wouldve been awesome.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat 26 Jan 2013, 13:20

I think Podolski would have asked for too much money. He got paid well by Bayern and from what I read he gets more than he'd get in Dortmund at Arsenal, too. (The only club that Poldi will likely even pay for free for is his beloved Köln).
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Mon 28 Jan 2013, 23:34

Nurnberg were hopeless. Dont close anyone down, dont track anyones run, let them score basically.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down