Iosono Bianconero
DeviAngel
thegutterpoet
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Boakye, Immobile or Gabbiadini Empty Boakye, Immobile or Gabbiadini

Post by thegutterpoet Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:55 am

With Llorente seemingly signed and sealed for June, Didier Drogba surely costing too much $$$ and Lisandro an interesting but again too costly idea without offloading one of our forwards, it seems reasonable to focus on the strikers we already own or co-own in regards to our Winter mercato search for a forward.

I'd happily see Vucinic/Matri/Quags leave the club. None of whom I rate as world class talent, or even anywhere near the top of their game so far this season. Giovinco can stay, he can still improve and his form is fine and consistent. Still...as mentioned none of them will leave, but with bendtner dead and buried ,there is a space on the roster for one more.

Richmond Boakye is doing very well indeed for his age (19). Second season with Sassuolo, 9 goals and 4 assist in 18 games (15 starts, 3 sub appearances). 2 goals in 2 matches for Ghana and set to play a hopefully prominent role in his country's upcoming ACON involvement. Powerful, direct, explosive. Half owned by Juve (4m), half owned by Genoa. Wouldn't be available until at latest mid February.

Ciro Immobile is having a harder time of things at Genoa. At close to 23 years of age he is more experienced than Boakye at club level, has one season under his belt in Serie B in which he scored at a phenomenal rate (28 goals in 37 games, 2011/12) with Zeman's Pescara. 5 goals and 2 assists in 19 games thus far this term (16 starts, 3 SUB appearances) doesnt seem impressive, but it must be taken into account, as with Manolo Gabbiadini, that there is a huge difference between playing for a high flying top of the league Sassuolo in Serie B, and playing for a Serie A outfit (Bologna/Genoa) which creates very little and is up against vastly superior opponents. Ciro is perhaps less muscular than the still very raw Boakye, but his eye for goal cannot be questioned...

Manolo Gabbiadini. A similar situation to Ciro, in that he is playing for one of the poorest teams in Serie A (Bologna). Still only 21 years old, so room for improvement and continued involvement at Italy U21 level, but to judge his progress at his present club is tricky. Starting far less regularly than Immobile at Geona, Manolo has 4 goals and 1 assist from 16 games (9 starts, 7 SUB appearances). His game is far more guile, speed and deft touches than power and muscle. He does seem to sniff out goalscoring chances rather well, as do the others. What he lacks however, is a comparably lengthy period of goalscoring form at club level.

Its almost so unlikely as to be pointless to mention, but I am a dreamer, and so why not roll the Padovan dice...

At only 18 years of age, Stefano Padovan continues to lead the scoring charts for Juve's primavera team, netting 7 goals in 10 league games (7 starts, 2 SUb appearances) and 2 goals in 6 games (4 starts, 2 SUB appearances) in the NEXTGEN series. Following on from last season's 11 goals in 17 matches (11 starts, 6 SUb appearances). He has represented Italy at U16, U17, U18, U18 levels. Strong in the air, of already very useful height, decent touch and an eye for goal. He is a natural target man...just what we are lacking.

Any of the above I would welcome to the senior squad, with a definite preference shown to Boakye and Immobile. We already have a targetman who has shown in the past that he is competent, Matri, but unfortunately his confidence is so shot, it may well need a change of club to recover. Manolo and Ciro are toiling away valiantly, whilst lacking the support to score consistently. Their morale is debatable and will be dependent upon their determination to succeed, to prove to Juve they are worth signing outright or win a move to another big club. Boakye, on the other hand, is in fine form, scoring regularly, full of confidence, presently with the Ghana squad preparing for the ACON which can only further his progress.

Many say 'leave him where he is doing so well'. And they have a point of course. But I see whichever of those mentioned who we sign as having a fair crack of the whip alongside Quags and Matri for the 3rd spot in the pecking order. And is a player more likely to progress playing in Serie B, with players and against players of a lower quality than to be found in Serie A, than if he were training with world class players and coaches, getting a game now and then against top class opposition??? Its not an exact science where one always proves preferable. The ideal for all our loaned/co-owned players is for them to find regular playing time, to continue their development and improve their value. But where do you draw the line between the quality of coaching/team-mates/opponents vs the improvement derived from regular involvement at a lower level??

Boakye and Padovan will be the most brimming with confidence in front of goal, simply because they have both been scoring regularly...As for the other two, I would prefer Immobile. He has demonstrated last season, something Manolo still needs to find; a season in which given the chances, he will score many goals.

Padovan wouldn't cost a penny, and could perhaps even still turn out for the primavera when not selected for match day senior squads. Obvious advantages there. Also to consider are the other owners involved with Immobile (Genoa), Boakye(Genoa) and Gabbiadini(Atalanta). Bologna have shown a serious desire to retain Gabbiadini in order to help with their fight against relegation. If that is to be the case, we must ask them to put their money where their mouth is and play Manolo more often. If Manolo proves too tricky, it will be Ciro or Richmond. I'd go with Ciro. He already knows the club, Conte likes him and our relations with Genoa should make the move relatively simple, unless they demand the other half of Boakye for the other half of Ciro...

(2 goals for Padovan)
thegutterpoet
thegutterpoet
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

http://thedissolutefox.com/wordpress/

Back to top Go down

Boakye, Immobile or Gabbiadini Empty Re: Boakye, Immobile or Gabbiadini

Post by DeviAngel Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:00 am

Boakye !!!!!!!!!!

It's hard realyl hard choice but Boakye is the only1 who reminds me of Eto, he is a player who can create for himself

Last edited by DeviAngel on Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:21 am; edited 1 time in total
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iosono Bianconero Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:13 am

Boakye.He is simply that kind of player that if we have a pretty good developing he can be a real Class player and Killer in the Atack Smile
Iosono Bianconero
Iosono Bianconero
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:00 am

hmm borriello is better than those , those can help in the long term , i doubt they can be effective right of the start
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by thegutterpoet Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:38 am

Epoto wrote: hmm borriello is better than those , those can help in the long term , i doubt they can be effective right of the start

Impossible to say for sure, since none of the players I mentioned have been given a chance to impress with a team of quality. whereas Borriello has been given that chance, and done well in patches, awful at other times. His performances for us last season were easily on par with the poor form of Matri this term. He is the past, not the now, nor the future and we would be better off playing even Padovan...
thegutterpoet
thegutterpoet
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:29 pm

Both Boakye and Immobile slotted in REALLY fast in their respective teams @ Serie B, and Boakye is also impressing with the national team.
Immobile haven't had a good season so far, but it's really hard to play without proper support and Genoa's team is pretty much the worst in many years.
Gabbiadini didn't impress me like the others, but to be honest I kinda feel either Immobile or Boakye would be much better than our current strikers (except Vucinic of course).
Even Giovinco is frustrating to watch, I'm not satisfied with him at all, he is usually very good in creating chances but many times he is so selfish, which wouldn't be a problem if he was able to finish the chances properly.. Sooo many chances are wasted by him few meters away from the goal and shooting everywhere but the net. He has to be a LOT more precise.

And Borriello... like... seriously? :facepalm:

dronte
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:33 pm

What in the world is all this Boakye hype? 9 goals in 18 games isn't exactly a mind numbing figure when you're playing for Sassuolo in the Serie B.

Yes he is 19 yet there were several other youngsters who were younger than him and flopped hard in the Serie A.

If Juve are looking at him for their striker woes then I will laugh heartily to my death.

Take Immobile who tore up the Serie B unlike Boakye, is doing very well in a league that can measure your performance and is actually proven.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:44 pm

Arquitecto wrote:What in the world is all this Boakye hype? 9 goals in 18 games isn't exactly a mind numbing figure when you're playing for Sassuolo in the Serie B.

Yes he is 19 yet there were several other youngsters who were younger than him and flopped hard in the Serie A.

If Juve are looking at him for their striker woes then I will laugh heartily to my death.

Take Immobile who tore up the Serie B unlike Boakye, is doing very well in a league that can measure your performance and is actually proven.

Because he is mainly sub in Sassuolo and still manages to score and assist plus he scores on regular basis for his national team to plus he is playing in a team that is really different from the one that Zeman managed and we know what Zeman philosophy is.....

I still rate Gabbiadini above Immobile that boy is class
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:45 pm

I would prefer to bring back the player that will have the least negative effect on the player's development. None of these three will be coming to Juve to be a regular starter unless they arrive and tear it up. They will likely be joining to be depth players. Immobile and Boakye are playing a lot with their respective teams and should continue their development because that is why we sent them on loan. I would bring back Gabbiadini because he isn't being used consistently and he will get a similar amount of playing time at Juve because of all of our competitions and he will be under better management with Conte. No younger player we bring back now is the answer to our striking problems, so let's not hurt their development.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:53 pm

Immobile is without a doubt the best of the 3 in my opinion.

But you would happily see Vucinic leave? Are you kidding? Hes easily our best forward. Giovincos in great form right now while Vucinic has been hampered by constant injuries, but when Vucinic is on form hes incredible.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by thegutterpoet Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:51 pm

juventus101 wrote:Immobile is without a doubt the best of the 3 in my opinion.

But you would happily see Vucinic leave? Are you kidding? Hes easily our best forward. Giovincos in great form right now while Vucinic has been hampered by constant injuries, but when Vucinic is on form hes incredible.

I'm no fan of Mirko. He blows cold a lot more often than he blows hot. His consistency of providing assists and goals is poor. I agree that now and then he is capable of a moment or three of brilliance, but in terms of a striker we can rely upon for consistently solid form he just isn't good enough.

Our team lacks a nartual goalscorer. Last season our midfield and defence were strong enough, as was Conte's charisma and leadership qualities to win us the league, plough through all before us and remain undefeated. This season, a few other teams have strengthened and are catching up domestically.

I am always against playing two flair players as the sole attack. Mirko and Giovinvo are flair players. Sebastian shows usefulness far more often, can still improve and has great pace. We rarely have to carry him...in that I mean the rest of the team basically plays as if we had 10 men, not 11, the 11th is carried. A team can only afford to carry one player, at most...ideally none. Unfortunately we often have to carry Mirko.

If matri or quags had any kind of form i'm sure Conte would be playing one of them, preferably Matri, for most teams other than Barca require a prima punta. A reference point...Mirko has next to no ability to hold up the ball, has irritating levels of concentration and even interest in the game.

We have needed a goalscorer since Trez left. Its the one thing we lack in our first team.

I suspect that when Lllorente arrives in June, Mirko may be sold. Or Quags I suppose, although I would prefer to keep quags since he is more often useful than Mirko.

And Devi..Boakye has started 15 games this season. He is a regular first team starter for Sassuolo. yes his form is impressive for Ghana, especially a 19 year old playing for his country's senior side, but at the same time, he has played just two games...two friendlies...against the mighty Chinaman and an Egypt side which is a pale imitation of its formerly strong outfits. He is doing well, showing promise, but Immobile appears firmly our brightest striker prospect. Doing Ok in an awful Genoa team, solid pedigree at international youth level and that insane 30 goals in 30 matches stint in Serie B...
thegutterpoet
thegutterpoet
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:11 pm

Gabbiadini will be a lot better player than Immobile and Boakye to....

Mirko last season shared the assists with Andrea Pirlo. Mirko is the most important part in our attack he is wc player when fit and ready to play... hot and cold ? His job and position is not goals it's assists and he's done that perfectly last season and this one to he always steps up in big games he is struggling with injuries currently
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thegutterpoet Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:02 am

DeviAngel wrote:Gabbiadini will be a lot better player than Immobile and Boakye to....

Mirko last season shared the assists with Andrea Pirlo. Mirko is the most important part in our attack he is wc player when fit and ready to play... hot and cold ? His job and position is not goals it's assists and he's done that perfectly last season and this one to he always steps up in big games he is struggling with injuries currently

When fit, interested, determined, in fine form, and he feels like it, yes, he can be a decent player. But never in his career, elsewhere or at juve so far, would I call him a world class player. He is nowhere near the top 10 or 20 or even 30 strikers in the world game. without any doubt, he is the most lethargic and least determined starting strikers I have ever seen in our colours. Even Amauri tried his heart out to do well! I am not doubting Mirko's talent, its of a high standard, I am suggesting that he doesn't make use of it often enough to be considered world class, nor a striker we are pinning our hopes on, for anything other than the odd bit of magic, or a half decently taken goal once in every four games he plas. Its not hard to look good in our front line, given the competition, but Mirko only looks good once in a while. Its simply not enough consistency.

And if his job, as you say, is to assist goals, and Giovinco's job must surely be more on the creative side than goalscoring, since his major talents are flair and pace, do you not find it strange and worrying that we don't seem to be starting games with a player whose prime job is to score goals???

Mirko is OK, but far from world class...
thegutterpoet
thegutterpoet
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:08 am

thegutterpoet wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:Gabbiadini will be a lot better player than Immobile and Boakye to....

When fit, interested, determined, in fine form, and he feels like it, yes, he can be a decent player. But never in his career, elsewhere or at juve so far, would I call him a world class player. He is nowhere near the top 10 or 20 or even 30 strikers in the world game. without any doubt, he is the most lethargic and least determined starting strikers I have ever seen in our colours. Even Amauri tried his heart out to do well! I am not doubting Mirko's talent, its of a high standard, I am suggesting that he doesn't make use of it often enough to be considered world class, nor a striker we are pinning our hopes on, for anything other than the odd bit of magic, or a half decently taken goal once in every four games he plas. Its not hard to look good in our front line, given the competition, but Mirko only looks good once in a while. Its simply not enough consistency.

And if his job, as you say, is to assist goals, and Giovinco's job must surely be more on the creative side than goalscoring, since his major talents are flair and pace, do you not find it strange and worrying that we don't seem to be starting games with a player whose prime job is to score goals???

We only got one player ST capable of scoring goals and its Alessandro Matri who in 4-3-3 is the most dangerous striker in the box in Serie A he has no miss. Vuci is creator like Gio, For me he is world class on his day no1 can stop him even when its not his day he is absolute beast and one of the best if not the best strikers in te league in his position. His job are assists and he was joined assister with Pirlo plus in the 2nd half of the season he was crucial to Juve
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thegutterpoet Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:23 am

DeviAngel wrote:
thegutterpoet wrote:

We only got one player ST capable of scoring goals and its Alessandro Matri who in 4-3-3 is the most dangerous striker in the box in Serie A he has no miss. Vuci is creator like Gio, For me he is world class on his day no1 can stop him even when its not his day he is absolute beast and one of the best if not the best strikers in te league in his position. His job are assists and he was joined assister with Pirlo plus in the 2nd half of the season he was crucial to Juve

I admire, in some way, your insane allegiance to the club, but you are rather blinkered in your analysis of some of our players. Its been well proven that Matri is far from the most dangerous striker in Serie A, in any formation, and if you have watched him this season or during the tail-end of last season, you will have seen him miss a huge amount of chances. Why do you think it is that Conte isn't playing him more regularly, when as you say, he is our only goalscorer??? Its precisely because Matri has been awful this season, missing goals by the bucketload, the exact opposite of deadly in the box! I fear his confidence and form are so dead and buried that he won't ever recover unless he moves clubs.

When Mirko isn't in tiptop form, which is often, he is very easy to contain, mainly because his effort levels drop to those of a paraplegic on the field. he has a deserved reputation of talented but extremely inconsistent. I have nothing against him, but he is part of an area of our squad, which is very clearly too weak for us to be considered truly getting back to the dominant force we once were.

Our midfield is world class. Asamoah and Lichsteiner on the flanks are near to world class, in the least, incredibly dependable. Our defence is magnificent, world class again, as is our keeper.

our attack, however, is often profligate and toothless, and is in dire need of improvement. When the great teams play badly, they still manage to take that one chance that falls their way, or they have a player who can create that one moment of divine invention. We simply don't have those players. As has been seen on several occasions this season, even when we had a full strength team, when we play badly, we often draw, and can be beaten.

Our success comes from heart, organization, determination and a strong sense of team solidarity mixed with powerful charisma of our coach. Our success is built more on hard work than natural talent.

Debate will be tricky if you deem every juve player amazing...I support the team as much as any juventino but I am honest in my analysis. Its just as well I haven't yet mentioned my thoughts on Paolino!!! hohoho!

forza juve

thegutterpoet
thegutterpoet
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:49 am

thegutterpoet wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:
thegutterpoet wrote:

I admire, in some way, your insane allegiance to the club, but you are rather blinkered in your analysis of some of our players. Its been well proven that Matri is far from the most dangerous striker in Serie A, in any formation, and if you have watched him this season or during the tail-end of last season, you will have seen him miss a huge amount of chances. Why do you think it is that Conte isn't playing him more regularly, when as you say, he is our only goalscorer??? Its precisely because Matri has been awful this season, missing goals by the bucketload, the exact opposite of deadly in the box! I fear his confidence and form are so dead and buried that he won't ever recover unless he moves clubs.

When Mirko isn't in tiptop form, which is often, he is very easy to contain, mainly because his effort levels drop to those of a paraplegic on the field. he has a deserved reputation of talented but extremely inconsistent. I have nothing against him, but he is part of an area of our squad, which is very clearly too weak for us to be considered truly getting back to the dominant force we once were.

Our midfield is world class. Asamoah and Lichsteiner on the flanks are near to world class, in the least, incredibly dependable. Our defence is magnificent, world class again, as is our keeper.

our attack, however, is often profligate and toothless, and is in dire need of improvement. When the great teams play badly, they still manage to take that one chance that falls their way, or they have a player who can create that one moment of divine invention. We simply don't have those players. As has been seen on several occasions this season, even when we had a full strength team, when we play badly, we often draw, and can be beaten.

Our success comes from heart, organization, determination and a strong sense of team solidarity mixed with powerful charisma of our coach. Our success is built more on hard work than natural talent.

Debate will be tricky if you deem every juve player amazing...I support the team as much as any juventino but I am honest in my analysis. Its just as well I haven't yet mentioned my thoughts on Paolino!!! hohoho!

forza juve

In 4-3-3 Matri is very dangerous in the box I maybe overhyped him a bit but its the truth and he is the only real #9 we have in the team capable of scoring.

Vucinic even when is held good he still manages to break away and make assist or start the action that leads to a goal its not about passion or supporting every player its about seeing it from tactical view I bet that Matri in other team will rip the nets apart that's why Arsenal want him on a loan. It's not about allegiance why I don't say that about Bendtner,Peluso,Padoin, Giaccherini they are all quality players but that's it.

IT's all in posters imagination of things and tactics also Conte's he would have sold matri from the start of the summer. Let me remind you that in the begining of last season he had 10 goals and the most crucial.

Sorry I don't agree that our access is built on hard work rather than natural talent if so why the team doesn't function without MVP in the middle ? Every1 can be a hard worker like Pepe but not skilled as Pirlo or Gio. It's balanced team where every adds something tireless running,crazy passes, great dribbling, great assists.

Stats talk about Vucinic this season so far he is ahead of pirlo and only 1 behind Gio and considering his playing time its amazing :

Sebastian Giovinco Juventus 5
Mirko Vucinic Juventus 4

Last Season :

Mirko Vučinić Juventus 8 until may

so from stats he is doing the job great .

I agree our attack is toothless but Vucinic is among the best ST's in the league if not the best tbh he is more of a SS/LW than else

and I think that

---Vuci----Matri---Gio

is our best attack
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thegutterpoet Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:19 am

Some decent points raised, cheers Devi. Although we must agree to disagree vis-a-vis Vucinic suggested as one of, if not the best strikers in serie A. I know we are lacking behind the english, spanish and german leagies, when it comes to attackers, but things arent so bad as to have Vucinic as our finest striker!

he is doing OK, giovinco is doing OK. I'd be far happier with just one of them, preferably Giovinco, for la formica atomica works immeasurably harder, is more consistent in putting in good performances and still has room for improvement. If Quagliarella was given 10 games in a row, I am certain he would find his form and score plentifully, I could go as far as to say the same for matri a month or two back, but not now...his form this season has been absolutely terrible.

Marchisio is technically very good. Vidal is also of great technique, less so than Claudio. Pirlo is obviously a world class regista. The greates thing about them though, is that Conte has them working amazingly hard, like soldiers, always full of running...the amount of defending, tackling, covering Pirlo produced last season was likely more than any other season in his career. Conte's tactics are about work, team unity, solidity, cover, run run run run, attack, win the ball back, keep the ball.

Our finest goals under Conte are almost always TEAM GOALS, not 30 yard screamers, overhead kicks, fantasista type goals. Its the tactic we play, and the way the players are schooled by Conte. Team unity and strength comes before individual brilliance, although individual brilliance can be employed of course.

As far as SS players in Serie A, I would put Cassano, Jovetic, Totti all easily ahead of Vucinic in terms of talent and potency. And if we are talking of strikers in general, I'd much rather have Milito, Cavani, Di Natale, El Shaarway than Mirko.

Its goasl I want, and we need, devi...

we waited so damn long to get a player capable of holding down the defensive left flank. I wonder how long we are going to have to wait for a striker who can score goals on a regular basis.

Two SSs in attack is a dangerous game to play, for we end up relying upon our midfielders to score the goals, which makes us easy to block out. Block the runners from midfield and you block our main goalscoring threat.

i hope we sign Immobile, if only to give an out and out goalscorer a opportunity in this team which creates so many chances, chances which mainly Mirko, and Giovinco week in, week out, completely waste.

With a proper goalscorer in this team, we could be so much stronger. Add Jovetic and Llorente in the Summer and our problems are solved. But then again, Pirlo will be getting old then, so who will take his place???!! Lets hope Appelt and Biouy maintain their progress and oneof them will be ready to try their luck in our senior squad in the 14/15 season...
thegutterpoet
thegutterpoet
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:54 am

thegutterpoet wrote:Some decent points raised, cheers Devi. Although we must agree to disagree vis-a-vis Vucinic suggested as one of, if not the best strikers in serie A. I know we are lacking behind the english, spanish and german leagies, when it comes to attackers, but things arent so bad as to have Vucinic as our finest striker!

he is doing OK, giovinco is doing OK. I'd be far happier with just one of them, preferably Giovinco, for la formica atomica works immeasurably harder, is more consistent in putting in good performances and still has room for improvement. If Quagliarella was given 10 games in a row, I am certain he would find his form and score plentifully, I could go as far as to say the same for matri a month or two back, but not now...his form this season has been absolutely terrible.

Marchisio is technically very good. Vidal is also of great technique, less so than Claudio. Pirlo is obviously a world class regista. The greates thing about them though, is that Conte has them working amazingly hard, like soldiers, always full of running...the amount of defending, tackling, covering Pirlo produced last season was likely more than any other season in his career. Conte's tactics are about work, team unity, solidity, cover, run run run run, attack, win the ball back, keep the ball.

Our finest goals under Conte are almost always TEAM GOALS, not 30 yard screamers, overhead kicks, fantasista type goals. Its the tactic we play, and the way the players are schooled by Conte. Team unity and strength comes before individual brilliance, although individual brilliance can be employed of course.

As far as SS players in Serie A, I would put Cassano, Jovetic, Totti all easily ahead of Vucinic in terms of talent and potency. And if we are talking of strikers in general, I'd much rather have Milito, Cavani, Di Natale, El Shaarway than Mirko.

Its goasl I want, and we need, devi...

we waited so damn long to get a player capable of holding down the defensive left flank. I wonder how long we are going to have to wait for a striker who can score goals on a regular basis.

Two SSs in attack is a dangerous game to play, for we end up relying upon our midfielders to score the goals, which makes us easy to block out. Block the runners from midfield and you block our main goalscoring threat.

i hope we sign Immobile, if only to give an out and out goalscorer a opportunity in this team which creates so many chances, chances which mainly Mirko, and Giovinco week in, week out, completely waste.

With a proper goalscorer in this team, we could be so much stronger. Add Jovetic and Llorente in the Summer and our problems are solved. But then again, Pirlo will be getting old then, so who will take his place???!! Lets hope Appelt and Biouy maintain their progress and oneof them will be ready to try their luck in our senior squad in the 14/15 season...

I agree to disagree don't get me wrong I respect your opinion I just wanted to state mine. He has less playing time than Gio and Pirlo and is still up there but I won't talk about Vuci anymore Razz IT would be just going in circles.

Appelt is genius but I would like Modric that boy is ozzing class.

Gio will remain just a good player in my eyes he won't make the leap in quality.

Conte doesn't want stars but it seems he'll have to get one. His tactics about Strikers making space about the other players to score I think has flaws but it works.

We waited to long for that striker but that shouldn't rush us into just buying one this January we'll wait until summer : Dzeko will be on sale, Llorente free, Villa and Sanchez on sale.

Sanchez is perfect and Dzeko/Llorente we can replace Quagli+Matri with them... Llorente is free , Sanchez 20 mil Barcelona and so on ...

Lets not forget that Bendtner is not here IAquinta's contract expires ....

Jovetic is same I mean same player as Del Piero...
Marchisio is the player I love and I want to give #10 Smile

( I didn't answer about mirko as I said it will go around but I respect your opinion and I agree on some notes )

Have a great night Smile

DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thegutterpoet Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:25 am

DeviAngel wrote:
I agree to disagree don't get me wrong I respect your opinion I just wanted to state mine. He has less playing time than Gio and Pirlo and is still up there but I won't talk about Vuci anymore Razz IT would be just going in circles.

Appelt is genius but I would like Modric that boy is ozzing class.

Gio will remain just a good player in my eyes he won't make the leap in quality.

Conte doesn't want stars but it seems he'll have to get one. His tactics about Strikers making space about the other players to score I think has flaws but it works.

We waited to long for that striker but that shouldn't rush us into just buying one this January we'll wait until summer : Dzeko will be on sale, Llorente free, Villa and Sanchez on sale.

Sanchez is perfect and Dzeko/Llorente we can replace Quagli+Matri with them... Llorente is free , Sanchez 20 mil Barcelona and so on ...

Lets not forget that Bendtner is not here IAquinta's contract expires ....

Jovetic is same I mean same player as Del Piero...
Marchisio is the player I love and I want to give #10 Smile

( I didn't answer about mirko as I said it will go around but I respect your opinion and I agree on some notes )

Have a great night Smile

I am greatly looking forward to Appelt returning from inju, perhaps this coming weekend when Serie B resumes. Masi should be back also, in early February. It will be interesting to see what we do with Appelt, Masi and Buoy come the end of the season, as well as Leali, Pinsoglio, F. Rossi and Chibsah, all of whom have been doing well at their respective loan/ co-own clubs.

Cheers for the debate, Devi! Wishing you a pleasant night also...
thegutterpoet
thegutterpoet
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:02 am

I don't know why Juve wants to purchase a striker when they have Boakye. He is a superstar in the making in my opinion. I just see Immobile being a new Gilardino or Borriello, and Gabbiadini being another Iaquinta.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:43 am

thegutterpoet wrote:
juventus101 wrote:Immobile is without a doubt the best of the 3 in my opinion.

I'm no fan of Mirko. He blows cold a lot more often than he blows hot. His consistency of providing assists and goals is poor. I agree that now and then he is capable of a moment or three of brilliance, but in terms of a striker we can rely upon for consistently solid form he just isn't good enough.

Our team lacks a nartual goalscorer. Last season our midfield and defence were strong enough, as was Conte's charisma and leadership qualities to win us the league, plough through all before us and remain undefeated. This season, a few other teams have strengthened and are catching up domestically.

I am always against playing two flair players as the sole attack. Mirko and Giovinvo are flair players. Sebastian shows usefulness far more often, can still improve and has great pace. We rarely have to carry him...in that I mean the rest of the team basically plays as if we had 10 men, not 11, the 11th is carried. A team can only afford to carry one player, at most...ideally none. Unfortunately we often have to carry Mirko.

If matri or quags had any kind of form i'm sure Conte would be playing one of them, preferably Matri, for most teams other than Barca require a prima punta. A reference point...Mirko has next to no ability to hold up the ball, has irritating levels of concentration and even interest in the game.

We have needed a goalscorer since Trez left. Its the one thing we lack in our first team.

I suspect that when Lllorente arrives in June, Mirko may be sold. Or Quags I suppose, although I would prefer to keep quags since he is more often useful than Mirko.

And Devi..Boakye has started 15 games this season. He is a regular first team starter for Sassuolo. yes his form is impressive for Ghana, especially a 19 year old playing for his country's senior side, but at the same time, he has played just two games...two friendlies...against the mighty Chinaman and an Egypt side which is a pale imitation of its formerly strong outfits. He is doing well, showing promise, but Immobile appears firmly our brightest striker prospect. Doing Ok in an awful Genoa team, solid pedigree at international youth level and that insane 30 goals in 30 matches stint in Serie B...

You have to be kidding me...
I'll give you just one example....Giaacherini's goal vs Genoa....
idk what you talking about
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by inderbaby Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:38 pm

Vucinic is amazing at holding the ball up...if Vucinic can't hold the ball up then I don't know who can scratch

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:51 pm

The criticism of Vucinic is undeserved.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TrezeGent Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:19 pm

Gutterpoet, I see what you mean with Vucinic. It is true that he's very irritating at times, he does lack concentration sometimes, his finishing is very poor, and sometimes his interest in the games is nowhere to be found.

That drives me crazy as well, but honestly he's the best striker we have and can hold up the play better than Giovinco/let alone Quagliarella or Matri.

In general, if I rated Juve's defense and midfield with 8 (out of 10), I would rate our strikers as 4. God knows how good we would be if we had the likes of Van Persie or Aguerro on our team.
TrezeGent
TrezeGent
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:37 pm

Milantildeath wrote:I don't know why Juve wants to purchase a striker when they have Boakye. He is a superstar in the making in my opinion. I just see Immobile being a new Gilardino or Borriello, and Gabbiadini being another Iaquinta.

:bow:
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next