dronte
Lupi
Iosono Bianconero
DeviAngel
thegutterpoet
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Boakye, Immobile or Gabbiadini - Page 2 Empty Re: Boakye, Immobile or Gabbiadini

Post by DeviAngel Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:37 am

Milantildeath wrote:I don't know why Juve wants to purchase a striker when they have Boakye. He is a superstar in the making in my opinion. I just see Immobile being a new Gilardino or Borriello, and Gabbiadini being another Iaquinta.

:bow:

DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Boakye, Immobile or Gabbiadini - Page 2 Empty Re: Boakye, Immobile or Gabbiadini

Post by Juventude Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:09 am

DeviAngel wrote:
Milantildeath wrote:I don't know why Juve wants to purchase a striker when they have Boakye. He is a superstar in the making in my opinion. I just see Immobile being a new Gilardino or Borriello, and Gabbiadini being another Iaquinta.

Because they lack depth for UCL, Serie A, and Coppa Italia. This is a short term solution, not a long term solution. Boakye is a few years away from playing for Juve anyways. The current group is not quality for a top team like Juve.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:06 am

Juventude wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:

Because they lack depth for UCL, Serie A, and Coppa Italia. This is a short term solution, not a long term solution. Boakye is a few years away from playing for Juve anyways. The current group is not quality for a top team like Juve.

am with Juventude here, what would be the point of bringing Immobile or any other youngster back when they would not be assured play time and would neither add any quality to our team at present?

Marotta should be aiming at making a better offer for Llorente, he is the striker we seriously have any chance of attracting right now....
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by thegutterpoet Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:53 am

TrezeGent wrote:Gutterpoet, I see what you mean with Vucinic. It is true that he's very irritating at times, he does lack concentration sometimes, his finishing is very poor, and sometimes his interest in the games is nowhere to be found.
That drives me crazy as well, but honestly he's the best striker we have and can hold up the play better than Giovinco/let alone Quagliarella or Matri.

In general, if I rated Juve's defense and midfield with 8 (out of 10), I would rate our strikers as 4. God knows how good we would be if we had the likes of Van Persie or Aguerro on our team.

Thats pretty much what I have been saying Trez...I wouldn't dispute that Mirko is by far our most talented and valuable striker, and have not been intending to suggest that others in our squad are of higher quality technically. He is one of the two best players in our squad at holding the ball up, but unlike Pirlo, his decision making and tendency to try fancy flicks and slow motion disguised passes more often than not fail rather than succeed.

His link up play is OK in comparison to others who play in his position elsewhere, but compared to his cohorts in our attacking department, his link up play is great.

The best we presently have, but far from one of the best around.

Juventude wrote:Because they lack depth for UCL, Serie A, and Coppa Italia. This is a short term solution, not a long term solution. Boakye is a few years away from playing for Juve anyways. The current group is not quality for a top team like Juve..

Our attack, of any combination, is miles off the quality of the rest of our starting XI. The only player I think could still be of wonderful value is Quagiarella, but he will need to be given a run of 5-10 games to gather momentum and find top gear. he did actually play as a prima punta a year or so back, during that impressive run before his injury. he can play the role. Like any player though, especially forwards, he needs a run of games to find match sharpness. Our finest finisher in my eyes.

Still none of them are close to the quality levels of the other top teams around europe, the teams who we hope to keep rubbing shoulders with at Europe's finest table. We don't have a player capable of winning us games through magic a la Baggio or Ronaldo or Van Persie or Rooney or DP, or through world class clinical finishing, 1 chance is all that is needed, such as we used to see in Trez, and can be seen in Hernandez ,Cavani, Di Natale...

Mirko could be magnificent, but he is merely average, for all the great touches there are many more awful touches and mistakes and misplaced passes and lethargic performances. The best we have got, but far from up there with the best outside of Juve.
thegutterpoet
thegutterpoet
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

http://thedissolutefox.com/wordpress/

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:37 am

I have seen Boakye play live, he is ready.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:02 pm

Milantildeath wrote:I have seen Boakye play live, he is ready.

My idol :bow:
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:24 pm

To be honest, I feel that the criticism of Vucinic is very fair this season.

Why?

Because he is simply the most talented striker that the team possesses and for this team to be running on all cylinders it is required for him to be at his best. Unfortunately, this season, we haven't really seen that from him.

He has been unlucky with injury but in the Champions League he failed to make a real impression, in the league, on many occasions he has come up empty-handed and this has left Juventus in a difficult position.

In an ideal world, Vucinic would score 16-18 goals and provide 10 assists. The productivity just isn't there and it is evident this season.

The result is an incomplete team. Without an attack this team is severely limited, with a proper striker or two, this team can really do some damage. The team cannot live off it's impenetrable defense and remarkable midfield forever. We've already seen this season that this is not the way forward. Injuries to key players or other priorities (like the Champions League), and this team stalls- Inter, Ac Milan, Sampdoria... we don't have to look around much to see the stutters but at least we know where the problem lies and how to address it.

4 goals in the last 3 games from Juventus, 1 from open play. 4 goals conceded. 1 win, 1 draw, 1 loss.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2