The Sanchez
Le Samourai
McAgger
CBarca
The Franchise
Lupi
15 posters

Go down

how important is football in ur life  Empty how important is football in ur life

Post by Lupi Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:54 am

To be more specific what does "being fan of a club" mean to you?
is it a hobby , point of interest, something for sake of boredom or a part of ur identity
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

how important is football in ur life  Empty Re: how important is football in ur life

Post by The Franchise Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:07 am

I dont spend more of my personal time on anything else. Heck, my career path and choices in education are because of the sport.

Its everything to me.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

how important is football in ur life  Empty Re: how important is football in ur life

Post by CBarca Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:15 am

I joined this football forum as a 13 year old. I'm still here 3 years later, and I'm spending even more time on football every single year. Back then I would attempt to watch every Barca game but didn't have much knowledge of streaming and no good football channels to watch Barca on. I would follow Goal.com Live Reports, instead of watching. The next year I discovered the wonders of streaming, and started to watch Barcelona every game. This year I now watch every Barcelona and Spurs game, and I post more than I ever have.

It won't continue like this, this trend of spending more time on it yearly, but I am like Dani- there is nothing I spend more of my free time on. It will always be this way, I am sure of it. It's the one thing I love and always will love. It's right up there with family in my life.

I'm a player, ref, and coach (albeit 12 year olds Razz). I will be a player, ref, and coach for a long time. Whether or not I will go into a career regarding it is to be determined, but that may happen, too.

Like Dani, it's everything to me. I would be lost without it and I wouldn't have much going for me. I honestly don't know what I'd do or where I would be without football- but it wouldn't be good.

I love football.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:39 am

Yeah like CB and Dani put it, I've centered my whole life around this sport. I've changed my career path and education for this sport. At the end of the day when I'm around 40, I know I will be somewhere in Europe having some sort of football job. Whether it being a player agent, a pundit, a scout, an assistant manager, a Director of Football, a CEO everything in my life points towards this.

I was a very talented player I might add. Won 3 state cups for my high school as captain. Had a trial with Roda JC in Vegas when I was 17. Unfortunately it wasn't meant to be, before I got the opportunity to make the trial I tore my right ACL twice in the space of six months. Sidelined me for two years and never recovered mentally to play as good Sad That was around the time (2008) I joined the Lithium forums, I was depressed as frak as I knew my career was over before it began Sad .
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:21 am

I care about it a ridiculous amount. I love Real Madrid - that's the first thing, but other than that I've just grown to love the game itself. Analyzing it, trying to understand it, going through the emotional roller coaster that truly supporting a team is. I just kind of absorb it all.

I won't end up working in football. For starters I can't play it. I'm not talking not very good. I'm talking I try to make a short pass and I send it into row Z. So I'm not changing important stuff like education just to be involved in it when there are other sports I can actually play lol.

But I hope to write about it in the future. That's something I would thoroughly enjoy.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:35 am

Football is almost my life. Like CB, when I was little I had little knowledge of streaming and therefore was listening to Barca Radio or Goal.com commentary...
I'm now active in football discussion, slowly trying to improve my knowledge of the game.
I'm an elite qualified referee, a player of the game and a coach (Good old Under 14's Laughing)
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:09 pm

It has been an integral part of my life for the best part of 5-6 years. It has definitely affected my social life both in positive and negative ways. But right now it is one of the things in life I give first priority to. I would wish to, But it would be extremely difficult having some connection with the game, other than being a fan, considering the place I'm in. Hopefully, some time in the future.

Back to top Go down

Post by SchinnerC Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:22 pm

The most important thing in my life. The club fan in me isn't as dominant as the football fan in me and I try to appreciate football from a neutral's point of view. Was a talented player when I was young, but my country's total lack of coaching infrastructure didn't allow any progression at all. Never got into the school teams for whatever reason. Got a back injury few years back and stopped playing for a couple of years in prime years. Got back playing last year with friends who are in school/district teams and I think I'm still every bit as good as most of them. Playing for fun is enough for me now.

Try to play football every other day. I play Football Manager, Football Superstars (Check it out if you never heard of it) and FIFA in my free time. Don't really enjoy any pc games other than football related ones.

Planning to get a coaching license in the near future.

Last edited by SchinnerC on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
SchinnerC
SchinnerC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by SchinnerC Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:25 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
I was a very talented player I might add. Won 3 state cups for my high school as captain. Had a trial with Roda JC in Vegas when I was 17. Unfortunately it wasn't meant to be, before I got the opportunity to make the trial I tore my right ACL twice in the space of six months. Sidelined me for two years and never recovered mentally to play as good Sad That was around the time (2008) I joined the Lithium forums, I was depressed as frak as I knew my career was over before it began Sad .

Very sorry to hear that man. I'm sure you'll be able to succeed in other areas of football!!
SchinnerC
SchinnerC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:09 pm

Football IS my life. Started playing since i was 5-6 and still playing it, went to see my first game at 6 and still going. Could have gone somewhere with it professionally if i wanted to but that's history. Now it basically controls me. Feels so empty if i don't watch a football game more than a week for example.

Like franchise said, It is everything to me

Last edited by RealGunner on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:46 pm

Been to games from many different other sports, but football is just something else....there's nothing I've ever felt or will ever feel in any other sport that compares with what I feel for this game. I don't think there's one moment of the day where I'm not thinking about something, be it the smallest thing even, that isn't football-related. I have football on the brain basically so yeah, it's uber important.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:49 pm

For me football is like water.I can't live without it. Cool
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:18 pm

football is so important to me, although unlike most of you on here, im an absolutley terrible footballer and only started following football at around 15yrs old because i started playing FIFA on PS2 (dat glory hunting) but i've followed sports since i was 4yrs old.

For me there is nothing equivalant to the emoitonal roller coaster that following a sports team can put you on, in fact there are very very few things in life that can impact my mood as severly and quickly as a sports, and although the lows can be crippling, the high points make it worth while, something that for me was really epitomsised by the Chelsea/Barca second leg and the final which had some really low lows and some dizzying heights all mixed into one game of football

Although i cant play football (or any other sport) because im so uncoordianted, i just love the tactical side of sports, which is why football is more appealing to me then any other sport, because theres an infinate amount of tactical options and flexability, something that no other sport can come close to. For me when i watch a football game i see it being very much akin to a game of human chess
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:50 pm

not the most important important thing in my life but it certainly is my favorite form of entertainment

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by gnrfan Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:38 pm

Definitely a part of my routine. Here is the north america timezone we get matches in the morning, most sat/sunday the morning early afternoon is spent watching matches. also read a couple forums/follow football news daily
gnrfan
gnrfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:02 pm

in a meaningless life, this is what gives me motivation to get up in the morning.. read about football, preparing myself before the weekend

my problem is that football is pretty much my only joy during an average week, even though it is a great joy.. hoping to see more things in life that gives the same meaning, perhaps it will make me appreciate football even more too
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by man_utd Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:09 pm

To some people, football is just a game. To me, it's my life. Always played, watched, lived football. I don't know how I could've survived in this world if football wasn't there. In this chaotic world, football always seemed to settle me down!
Been on a journey with Manchester United since the second grade. Through the ups and downs. From winning the Champions League, to losing the Premier League in the last minute from a goal by Aguëro.
It's more than a sport. It's football.
man_utd
man_utd
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down