what do you think is the most important trait(s) as a football player?

+2
rwo power
FennecFox7
6 posters

Go down

what do you think is the most important trait(s) as a football player? Empty what do you think is the most important trait(s) as a football player?

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:13 am

Always wanted to ask this question tbh..

For me, the first, and by far the first is your footy iq/ whatever you want to call it. You can be the slowest player, the weakest physically, but if you think two steps of your opponent you will have a giant advantage imo.. much more then people think. You can anticipate attacks faster as a defender and tackle smarter, you can pass the ball quicker before someone gets to you, you can score loads of goals by positioning yourself perfectly..

The second imo is your athleticism.. before you get me wrong, i'm saying this because the modern game is so physical.. fitness is so important compared to back then, and it will be even more emphasized in the future imo. High pressing teams are more and more popular, and pacey players are required to play a good counter attacking game

Your third is the fundamentals.. if you cant juggle, pass, dribble, or shoot a ball as good as the other person, you'll be much more limited obviously
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

what do you think is the most important trait(s) as a football player? Empty Re: what do you think is the most important trait(s) as a football player?

Post by rwo power Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:06 am

I'd say discipline. You can have all the talent of the world, if you don't work on it permanently, it won't be much use.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

what do you think is the most important trait(s) as a football player? Empty Re: what do you think is the most important trait(s) as a football player?

Post by guest_07 Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:47 am

rwo power wrote:I'd say discipline. You can have all the talent of the world, if you don't work on it permanently, it won't be much use.

decision making i guess

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:38 am

I'm going to have to agree with you on the most important trait being football intelligence. I would elaborate further if you hadn't explained it so well.

The second trait for me would be discipline. Whether that be on the field, or off the field. If a player is willing to put the right things into their body, get adequate sleep, train with a purpose and more, they will already have an advantage over any player. Talent is great, but if you don't apply yourself and continue to grow, you are going to plateau sooner than later. My sensei always said that while you're relaxing, your opponent is out there training.

Funny enough my third is actually fundamentals. You can have all the intelligence and fitness in the world, but that would all be for not if you can't control the football. The better your control, the more time/space you have and that will make a world of difference.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:38 am

Professionalism. Doesn't go with just footy but for pretty much every occupation in existance.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:39 pm

passion.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:54 am

Passion, Discipline & IQ/Game reading/Tactical awareness
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down