stevieg8
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
Le Samourai
sportsczy
37 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

FFS:  Zenit's largest fan group write open letter to owners Empty FFS: Zenit's largest fan group write open letter to owners

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:51 pm

http://www.goal.com/en/news/553/russia/2012/12/17/3609586/zenit-supporters-group-warns-against-buying-black-or-gay?source=breakingnews

"We're not racists but we see the absence of black players at Zenit as an important tradition," the letter, which was also posted on the fan club's website, read.

"It would allow Zenit to maintain the national identity of the club, which is the symbol of St Petersburg. We only want players from other brotherly Slav nations, such as Ukraine and Belarus as well as from the Baltic states and Scandinavia.

"We have the same mentality and historical and cultural background as these nations."

The letter also called for the club to reject "sexual minorities".

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

FFS:  Zenit's largest fan group write open letter to owners Empty Re: FFS: Zenit's largest fan group write open letter to owners

Post by Le Samourai Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:55 pm

rofl

Quick Arsenal : Hulk for Arshavin.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

FFS:  Zenit's largest fan group write open letter to owners Empty Re: FFS: Zenit's largest fan group write open letter to owners

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:57 pm

Dick Advocaat, Zenit manager, 2008: "I would be happy to sign anyone, but the fans don't like black players."
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:58 pm

There is only word that can possibly describe this.....

FFS:  Zenit's largest fan group write open letter to owners MP-Facepalm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:10 pm

Article I read mentioned death threats disrupting M'Vila's move this past summer... Because it's not about racism or skin color, they just want Russians/Europeans. And M'Vila's definitely not French.

It's not about racism at all.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:10 pm

:facepalm:
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:12 pm

stevieg8 wrote:Article I read mentioned death threats disrupting M'Vila's move this past summer... Because it's not about racism or skin color, they just want Russians/Europeans. And M'Vila's definitely not French.

It's not about racism at all.

You serious?
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:27 pm

Can't wait for the 2018 World Cup Laughing

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:33 pm

LOL I see some people don't understand what these fans are trying to say but I'm not surprised.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:34 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Can't wait for the 2018 World Cup Laughing

Should be in Espana No
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:39 pm

Le Samourai wrote:

Should be in Espana No

INGERLAND.

Wembley > You :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:41 pm

Le Samourai wrote:

Should be in Espana No

Tendriamos que luego compartirlo con esos perros malditos portugueses luego. Both of us wouldn't want that. Laughing

Absolute joke of a decision to keep it in Russia.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:44 pm

My dad almost got killed when i was kid at a Zenit v Spartak match because of his brown skin color. I pissed my pants that day. I was 13 Sad
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:13 pm

white_star wrote:LOL I see some people don't understand what these fans are trying to say but I'm not surprised.

then what are they trying to say?

why even put in that kinda statement without explaining?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:58 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:
white_star wrote:LOL I see some people don't understand what these fans are trying to say but I'm not surprised.

then what are they trying to say?

why even put in that kinda statement without explaining?

Because I am not an encyclopedia read what it says! Everyone jumps the gun on racism without thinking about it.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:13 pm

sportsczy wrote:http://www.goal.com/en/news/553/russia/2012/12/17/3609586/zenit-supporters-group-warns-against-buying-black-or-gay?source=breakingnews

"We're not racists but we see the absence of black players at Zenit as an important tradition," the letter, which was also posted on the fan club's website, read.

"It would allow Zenit to maintain the national identity of the club, which is the symbol of St Petersburg. We only want players from other brotherly Slav nations, such as Ukraine and Belarus as well as from the Baltic states and Scandinavia.

"We have the same mentality and historical and cultural background as these nations."

The letter also called for the club to reject "sexual minorities".

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

What tradition is that?
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:16 pm

I would sortta understand it if they said they wanted only Russian players, but this is just so stupid.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:10 pm

It is not a secret that racism bleeds through Russia.

But that question has come to my mind before. How come Athletic can do it without being accused of discrimination. I think it contradicts the ruling in European Union.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:13 pm

Athletic doesn't descriminate based on skin color or sexual orientation, like this fan club is doing. You just need to be part of the Basque culture. They consider the club their national team since they can't have an NT. You can become a naturalized Basque i believe.

I don't agree with that either btw since they are competing in La Liga and UEFA, but that's another discussion.

Zenit fans are taking this to a whole new level.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:20 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:

Should be in Espana No

Tendriamos que luego compartirlo con esos perros malditos portugueses luego.
Laughing

Seriously, what a bunch of backwards morons..
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zuess99 Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:26 pm

There is no justification here. These guys are blatantly racist. Atletic have a black player and he aint 100percent basque . These guys don't want any africans. I wonder if they would except a african born russian? What makes it worse is that they don't want gay ppl too, what does that have to do with identity? Anyway I'm not suprised st pietersburg is known for its racism in russia. What baffles me is that the world cup is gonna be there and without these idiots russia seems like such a great country.
Zuess99
Zuess99
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Still discrimination against non-Basques.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:32 pm

In fact does anyone remember the scrapped 6+5 rule which would have forced teams to have 6 home-grown players in their starting line-up?

The 6+5 rule has on numerous occasions been described as illegal by the European Union and was rejected by the European Parliament on 9 May 2008. The rule violates both Article 48 of the EC Treaty and the Bosman ruling.

EU commissioners repeated their standpoint that the "6+5 rule is based on direct discrimination on the grounds of nationality, and is thus against one of the fundamental principles of EU law.

Last edited by danyjr on Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:33 pm

Two most random places for the next world cups :facepalm:
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintJoe Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:37 pm

The letter is disgraceful :facepalm:

Can we have Hulk back then Twisted Evil

Last edited by SaintJoe on Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
SaintJoe
SaintJoe
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Schalke 04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next