Does anyone take the Balon D'Or seriously?

+23
Forza
Dnmac4
aford92
Art Morte
Pedram
LeSwagg James
daneq
gondov
The Messiah
white_star
Gil
harhar11
Onyx
BarrileteCosmico
Casciavit
Ganso
Swanhends
DeviAngel
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Brady2Moss
VanDeezNuts
The Franchise
jibers
27 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Does anyone take the Balon D'Or seriously? Empty Does anyone take the Balon D'Or seriously?

Post by jibers Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:40 am

I don't. Stopped taking it seriously after Cannavaro won it. What a joke. The fact Pep is there for manager of the year sums it up. Iniesta being there makes it even more farcical. FIFA can go to hell
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Does anyone take the Balon D'Or seriously? Empty Re: Does anyone take the Balon D'Or seriously?

Post by The Franchise Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:43 am

I think you do.

You must take it seriously because you care enough to rant and rave over it so often. It seems to consume you.

I dont take it seriously, and I display my lack of care for the award by never talking about nor thinking about it.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Does anyone take the Balon D'Or seriously? Empty Re: Does anyone take the Balon D'Or seriously?

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:49 am

it has certainly lost credibility, but its still the highest honor for an individual player.

and really people are arguing over who gets third place when we all know it will come down to 2 candidates.

if we are being really honest with ourselves it will obviously be given to one player. and i think we all know this.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:53 am

The Franchise wrote:I think you do.

You must take it seriously because you care enough to rant and rave over it so often. It seems to consume you.

I dont take it seriously, and I display my lack of care for the award by never talking about nor thinking about it.

Does anyone take the Balon D'Or seriously? Mj-laughing

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:59 am

The Franchise wrote:I think you do.

Does anyone take the Balon D'Or seriously? 1320490300429
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:02 am

vanDEEZ wrote:it has certainly lost credibility, but its still the highest honor for an individual player.

and really people are arguing over who gets third place when we all know it will come down to 2 candidates.

if we are being really honest with ourselves it will obviously be given to one player. and i think we all know this.

It's more to do with one player being nominated when he shouldn't even be in the top 10 and another player who should be in the top 3 and he's not even in the top 5 lol.

It's a disgrace of an award and has lost all credibility.

Also i have a feeling Iniesta is going to win it and when he does this place will go apeshit and rightly so Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:03 am

No.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:21 am

Cannavarro Laughing
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:23 am

Ronaldo in 02 Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:24 am

I do.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:33 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Ronaldo in 02 Laughing

One of the biggest joke. Cannavaro, ROnaldo, Zidane in 98 etc. Clowns. Eveytime I hear the word Balon D'or I suffer silently
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:36 am

I still do take it quite seriously.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:15 am

I think it's important for legacy - future generations 20 years from now will undoubtedly point at Xavi and say "how is he better than Zidane? he never won the Ballon D'Or", however wrong that statement may be, but I agree that it's essentially a glorified population contest.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:33 am

The only trophy that kinda matters is the actual Ballon d'Or.

And Messi/Ronaldo are the best 2 players in the World.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:42 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Also i have a feeling Iniesta is going to win it and when he does this place will go apeshit and rightly so Laughing
I see you've been converted :coffee:

http://www.goallegacy.net/t25547-iniesta-will-win-the-ballon-d-or-this-year
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:44 am

I have not been converted he should not have been anywhere that award and it should not be anywhere near this award.

I just think Fifa are stupid enough to actually give him the award because he does a Cruyff turn now and again.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:45 am

If Iniesta wins this year the disgrace will be complete :bow:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:50 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I have not been converted he should not have been anywhere that award and it should not be anywhere near this award.

I just think Fifa are stupid enough to actually give him the award because he does a Cruyff turn now and again.
Thread is not about him deserving (obviously not) to win but rather being likely to win it, which you seem to agree with.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:10 pm

When Zidane, Ronaldo and Cannavaro won it in 98,02 and 06 I stopped taking it serious but when they gave the ballon d'or to the player that actually performed the best in 2010, Messi, and not to the player who the most trophies, Sneijder, or a player who won the WC, Iniesta or Xavi, it gained back some credibility...

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:16 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

:bow:
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:06 pm

It doesn't matter if you care about it or not! It is the highest honor in world football and it is the most important reward. Fair or not people will always remember the winners! You on the other hand will not so it doesn't really matter and it doesn't need a thread you either except it or you don't but it will not go away because of a whinning forum member. :brickwall:
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:10 pm

I stopped taking it seriously when Robben and Sneijder didn't come 1st and 2nd in 2010.

Obviously we all know it's a popularity contest.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:39 pm

I only take it seriously when a Barca player is in the top 3 for the award and therefore has a chance of winning it Very Happy

(Most people who are saying they dont take it seriously = its because there is no one from their team in the running for the award Very Happy)

Messi, CR7, Iniesta are the top 3 players in the world atm and maybe in the past year. Of course many will disagree with Iniesta's inclusion but his style of play is entertaining to many and also his EURO exploits make him a legit contender, whether u like it or not.
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by daneq Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:43 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I think it's important for legacy - future generations 20 years from now will undoubtedly point at Xavi and say "how is he better than Zidane? he never won the Ballon D'Or", however wrong that statement may be, but I agree that it's essentially a glorified population contest.

Xavi wasn't better than Zidane...
daneq
daneq
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:50 pm

‏@barcastuff

Hristo Stoichkov (Ballon d'Or 1994): "Michel Platini has 3 Ballons d'Or. Maybe Messi won't win this year because he'd overtake him."

Very Happy
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next