Sina
RealGunner
SUPERCARTTS
Rev
beatrixasdfghjk.
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Emirates and Arsenal agree new £150m deal - Page 2 Empty Re: Emirates and Arsenal agree new £150m deal

Post by 6unner Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:08 pm

Every year we hear the same things.
Gazidis says, Wenger has money available if he finds someone he wants.
Wenger says, I have a large team full of quality and I just don't think that there is anyone available that would improve the squad.

So either Wenger is complacent in the whole thing or he would be the dumbest manager around to allow Gazidas and the board to through the entirety of the blame at him.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Emirates and Arsenal agree new £150m deal - Page 2 Empty Re: Emirates and Arsenal agree new £150m deal

Post by MJ Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:11 pm

Happy about the deal on the surface. Massive boost on our previous deal, puts us in the elites for sponsors, but I don't want our stadium to be called the Emirates for the next 16 years.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:15 pm

6unner wrote:Every year we hear the same things.
Wenger says, I have a large team full of quality and I just don't think that there is anyone available that would improve the squad.

So either Wenger is complacent in the whole thing or he would be the dumbest manager around to allow Gazidas and the board to through the entirety of the blame at him.

Wenger just takes the blames because he gets the biggest paycheck imo.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:37 pm

Emirates and Arsenal agree new £150m deal - Page 2 A8Z_c9GCIAEjPhJ
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:46 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:

Wenger just takes the blames because he gets the biggest pay cheque imo.

He could have left an got a bigger paycheck before.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:52 pm

6unner wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:

Wenger just takes the blames because he gets the biggest pay cheque imo.

He could have left an got a bigger paycheck before.

Wenger is a smart man, how long you think he could have lasted at Madrid or another big club?

He gets paid well and is comfortable. Other than a top 4 there is no pressure on him.

I dont truly believe this, but this is the only reason I can see why he would not spend the money.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:27 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:I have a question about this deal, can Satan kroenke pocket this money? or his shares just go up?

Ashburton fund when will it be released?

Kroenke has never taken any money from Arsenal, or made any money from Arsenal yet.... Only way he can profit from Arsenal is if he sells his stock.

I think it's illegal to take the money from a public company

and this deal is alot better then i expected....i was thinking we were gonna get 20-25mil, i think our recent travels to Asia has helped
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:29 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Emirates and Arsenal agree new £150m deal - Page 2 A8Z_c9GCIAEjPhJ

that wouldnt look bad if we went to adidas tbh...

i dont mind the stadium being called the emirates either, but i feel like we couldve gotten a bit more
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chippy Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:52 pm

Legend wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:I have a question about this deal, can Satan kroenke pocket this money? or his shares just go up?

Ashburton fund when will it be released?

Kroenke has never taken any money from Arsenal, or made any money from Arsenal yet.... Only way he can profit from Arsenal is if he sells his stock.

I think it's illegal to take the money from a public company

and this deal is alot better then i expected....i was thinking we were gonna get 20-25mil, i think our recent travels to Asia has helped

Your correct is saying Kroenke has not taken a dividend previously. However at this years AGM the question was asked has he plans to take a dividend in the future and he never replied to the question.
Basically if he decides to take a dividend, not matter how much he can pretty much take what he likes as he is in complete control. The only legal thing he would have to do would be to pay the other shareholders accordingly.

Not sure about this deal. Would like to think our commercial department would be trying to get the best deal and have done a good job. The naming of the stadium is hard to value as it has been known as the Emirates since it was built so hard to imagine another company getting value for their buck if they made an offer. Like the idea that we don't have different sponsors for training ground kit as I do think it cheapens. Will be interested to read what financial experts have to say on this piece of business. Either way with Sky money oncreasing and the Nike/Adidas question coming up soon I would like to see it invested in the squad and by that I mean real quality.
Chippy
Chippy
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:24 am

The club hasn't paid dividends to shareholders in a long time. Should they decide to do so, then it won't be huge amounts as it is, basically, a sharing of profits amongst shareholders and the club needs that profit to actually operate. No matter your opinion of Kroenke or how greedy you think he is, he, as a successful businessman, is not stupid enough to pocket all the profit when the business needs it most.

There's too much cynicism going around at the moment. With the new money coming in, we might end up making profits (or, at least, not making quite as large losses) without the need to sell players. Just being able to retain key players and offer them higher salaries because we actually can would be a big help.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Chippy Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:47 am

If Kroenke decides to take dividends, and his non answer at the agm is not a good sign, he can basically take what he wants. Of course he won't take enough monies to put us into debt, I hope, but the point still stands. Was only really responding to the point made that he can't take monies.

On the other side of the coin Usmanov has been asked in the past about taking dividends if he ever took charge and he fudged the question rofl

I don't believe Kroenke will ever cripple us but who is to know what the future holds. If one of his franchises suddenly takes a dive and needs monies we are sitting on a pot of gold.
Chippy
Chippy
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:51 am

loool

That's why Usmanov should be pushed away. Not that i like kroenke any better though
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:21 am

Chippy wrote:If Kroenke decides to take dividends, and his non answer at the agm is not a good sign, he can basically take what he wants. Of course he won't take enough monies to put us into debt, I hope, but the point still stands. Was only really responding to the point made that he can't take monies.

On the other side of the coin Usmanov has been asked in the past about taking dividends if he ever took charge and he fudged the question rofl

I don't believe Kroenke will ever cripple us but who is to know what the future holds. If one of his franchises suddenly takes a dive and needs monies we are sitting on a pot of gold.

money isn't a problem for him, he is worth over $3 billion, and his Arsenal Stake is worth around £500M

and then lets not forget his wife's inheritance from Walmart which is also worth over $6Bil
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chippy Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:26 am

As I said already I was only clarifying that if Kroenke wants to take dividends he can and it will only involve him making a decision.
Nobody knows whether he will or not or what the future holds.
My personal opinion of him is he is not as bad as he is made out to be.
Chippy
Chippy
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:33 am

Chippy wrote:As I said already I was only clarifying that if Kroenke wants to take dividends he can and it will only involve him making a decision.

I think some people mistake him for having run the club for years, when he has only been our majority owner for a year. But some people make it seem like he is the root of all our problems recently and he is pocketing money from the club , There are too many negative and false information being spread by many so called Arsenal insiders and blog writers
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chippy Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:42 am

Legend wrote:
Chippy wrote:As I said already I was only clarifying that if Kroenke wants to take dividends he can and it will only involve him making a decision.

I think some people mistake him for having run the club for years, when he has only been our majority owner for a year. But some people make it seem like he is the root of all our problems recently and he is pocketing money from the club , There are too many negative and false information being spread by many so called Arsenal insiders and blog writers

I agree to an extent. Am not sure how many people think he is there for a long time but I will take your word for it.
I would prefer Kroenke to Usmanov as I really don't want his like near the club to be honest.
Personally I think the club are on the right track financially but unfortunately we are not seeing that on the pitch. We have been making money year on year yet are banking it for stadium debt as we will be penalised for early payment of same debt.
I think that is what frustrates a lot of supporters as we have not won a trophy for so long. I think that frustration is taken out on Kroenke and Gazidis as people are loathe to criticise Wenger who I think is as important in decison making.
Hopefully this new deal and the kit supplier deal will help us to compete more.
Chippy
Chippy
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:39 am

Chippy wrote:
Legend wrote:

I agree to an extent. Am not sure how many people think he is there for a long time but I will take your word for it.
I would prefer Kroenke to Usmanov as I really don't want his like near the club to be honest.
Personally I think the club are on the right track financially but unfortunately we are not seeing that on the pitch. We have been making money year on year yet are banking it for stadium debt as we will be penalised for early payment of same debt.
I think that is what frustrates a lot of supporters as we have not won a trophy for so long. I think that frustration is taken out on Kroenke and Gazidis as people are loathe to criticise Wenger who I think is as important in decison making.
Hopefully this new deal and the kit supplier deal will help us to compete more.

The only reason we make a profit is because of player sales, without it we would be barely making profits or in the red.

When our new deals kick in, it will be the first year in a long time when would actually making profits without player sales
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:54 am

Chippy wrote:If Kroenke decides to take dividends, and his non answer at the agm is not a good sign, he can basically take what he wants. Of course he won't take enough monies to put us into debt, I hope, but the point still stands. Was only really responding to the point made that he can't take monies.

That is a god damn scary thought.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:55 am

Surely there must be sanctions set that stops him from committing such acts?
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:13 am

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:Surely there must be sanctions set that stops him from committing such acts?

it can never happen, He isn't stupid enough to lose 10billion dollars

plus most of his clubs are all self sufficient and there are enough rules in US sports that prevent teams from going down. His company Kroenke Sports Enterprises owns 2 stadiums and 5 teams in US and many other business. He basically owns all the major sports team in Colorado.

plus the dividents are a small amount not a large one, and he won't be the only one getting it all shareholders would
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:17 am

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:

This is exactly why he bought Arsenal, we are just a back plan. The fact that he owns so many teams is working against us, In short he is not a fan and has no feeling or ambition for the club.
There is no doubt that a large proportion of the fanbase still buy into the myth that Arsenal are “building” a team toward success.
I wish Arsenal only belong to Arsenal supporters. All Satan's teams have just enough to be decent but no championships.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:00 am

Raptorgunner wrote:
Arsenalfaithfull wrote:

This is exactly why he bought Arsenal, we are just a back plan. The fact that he owns so many teams is working against us, In short he is not a fan and has no feeling or ambition for the club.
There is no doubt that a large proportion of the fanbase still buy into the myth that Arsenal are “building” a team toward success.
I wish Arsenal only belong to Arsenal supporters. All Satan's teams have just enough to be decent but no championships.

Stop talking out of your ass. He has been our owner for a year and you make it seem like everything is happening because of him....

All of the teams he bought were never the best in the first place, He even made sure that all of his team would stay in the city of Colorado, Before he bought the Nuggets he they were in financial trouble for many years.
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:33 am

Legend wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:
Arsenalfaithfull wrote:

Stop talking out of your ass. He has been our owner for a year and you make it seem like everything is happening because of him....

All of the teams he bought were never the best in the first place, He even made sure that all of his team would stay in the city of Colorado, Before he bought the Nuggets he they were in financial trouble for many years.

He has been owner for one year and has give Ivan a big raise and has done nothing about all the players leaving. Koenke will not invest into the club he has no real interest, now we are caught between a alleged gangster and cold hearted American.

Nothing you would say will change my mind about him, I dont blame our problems on him but since he came in to the picture we have only gotten worse. He is not a type owner that will stand up for the players, if City want to come buy Jack tomorrow you think he will step in and stop it?
Kronke has contributed absolutely nothing to Arsenal, if he had like a good owner we could have been a competitive team by now.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:50 am

I don't believe it, we've boosted our revenue by 24.5 million each year, and some of you are even more upset than before? :facepalm:.

Last edited by beatrixasdfghjk. on Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:10 am

If it's true, what the BBC are reporting - this deal means £40m transfer budget in January - then I think it's vital we use some of it. Wenger, worryingly, did say last week "We started with this squad and we'll finish with this squad" which, if true, probably tells you that Walcott will be kept until May regardless and that Henry will be the only arrival in Jan.

But personally, I think January represents a good opportunity for us to improve our squad and improve our chances of a more successful season.

Andrey Arshavin and Marouane Chamakh must surely be offloaded in the winter. It's time to say goodbye. There must be suitors elsewhere who will take them permanently. If worse comes to the worse, then let them go on loan - preferably abroad.

Other dead wood - Squillaci, Santos - should also be cleared out.

With £40m - potentially more through sales - we should aim to bring in two or three. If Santos left, a new left-back who can do what Santos was meant to do - provide experienced cover for Gibbs - should be brought in.

But up top, it will be interesting to see if Wenger does go for Adrian or Llorente or Huntelaar as the reports suggest. Zaha? I don't see it happening, unless Walcott goes.

SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Flick Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:22 am

Raptorgunner wrote:
Legend wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:

He has been owner for one year and has give Ivan a big raise and has done nothing about all the players leaving. Koenke will not invest into the club he has no real interest, now we are caught between a alleged gangster and cold hearted American.

Nothing you would say will change my mind about him, I dont blame our problems on him but since he came in to the picture we have only gotten worse. He is not a type owner that will stand up for the players, if City want to come buy Jack tomorrow you think he will step in and stop it?
Kronke has contributed absolutely nothing to Arsenal, if he had like a good owner we could have been a competitive team by now.

How do you know that he won't stand up for the players in the short stint that he has been an owner? Give me examples of how he didn't stand up for players. Until you do this your talking out of your ass. He's probably a big part of the new deal we just sign so yea. He just contributed something to Arsenal. Are you saying that Arsenal isn't a competitive team? We are ALWAYS close to being first or are first but always end up blowing it up at the end somehow if not due to injuries and what not.

Flick
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum