What happenned to Amauri?

4 posters

Go down

What happenned to Amauri? Empty What happenned to Amauri?

Post by juventus101 Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:53 am

What happenned to him? I know this is very late, but i still dont get it. In Palerno he was amazing. Then he came to Juventus and the first half season he was a monster. Even better than Cavani is now in my opinion. Then he went to Parma on loan and got some of his form back. Then Fiorentina wasnt so good for him, but now hes doing decent at Parna again, albeit not as good as years gone by obviously. So what happenned to him? No confidence? Trying to do too much himself? Did he ever come out ans explain it? If not, what is your guess?
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

What happenned to Amauri? Empty Re: What happenned to Amauri?

Post by MMM Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:04 am

Well in my opinion there were some difficult times for any striker at Juve at those years where we didn't have anyone as an architect to create the playing stream and making chances for strikers, like what pirlo does now, marchisio wasn't as good as what he's now and there wasn't a player like vidal, so Gradually he lost his confident and became someone like iaquinta! Very Happy (I know devi loves the last part!!!)
MMM
MMM
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:20 am

juventus101 wrote: Even better than Cavani is now in my opinion.

Are you serious ?Amauri made his name scoring on mid table scrubs in Serie A,he had like what ?1 good season ? and that too nowhere near as prolific as Cavani whilst Cavani of today is proven at European and International level and consistently racking up high numbers every season,i mean he's a world class elite striker whilst Amauri has never been WC at any point in his career..Besides when we talk about the quality of the two players in regards to completeness,technique it isnt even a question.

Seriously dude..But then again its "your" opinion..

As for the question in hand ,i kinda agree with MMM ,its all a mixture of injuries,lack of confidence and the team's creative department being shit(pls dont mention Diego-just an overrated flashy player) that led to his downfall.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:25 am

Wrong tactics, no creator. His game was always based on feeders. After he regained some form and started scoring after that nasty knee injury. After he regained some of the form his father died and he never came back, he was booed, fans lost the patience and that's about it
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:36 am

Surag wrote:
juventus101 wrote: Even better than Cavani is now in my opinion.

Are you serious ?Amauri made his name scoring on mid table scrubs in Serie A,he had like what ?1 good season ? and that too nowhere near as prolific as Cavani whilst Cavani of today is proven at European and International level and consistently racking up high numbers every season,i mean he's a world class elite striker whilst Amauri has never been WC at any point in his career..Besides when we talk about the quality of the two players in regards to completeness,technique it isnt even a question.
P
Seriously dude..But then again its "your" opinion..

As for the question in hand ,i kinda agree with MMM ,its all a mixture of injuries,lack of confidence and the team's creative department being shit(pls dont mention Diego-just an overrated flashy player) that led to his downfall.

Yes Cavani has been playing at that level for 2 1/2 years now whereas Amauri only did.it for 1/2 a year. But in that 1/2 year i would say that Amauri was just as good as Cavani. He was tearing up teams like Madrid, Milan, and Inter. Madrid wasnt as strong as they are now but Milan and Inter were stronger than currently.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:41 am

Matri has scored on Milan and Inter too,was he "tearing up shit" too ?

Amauri was a decent striker back then similar to what Matri was when he first joined us but thats about it imo.

Also Amauri was painfully average with the ball its one of the reasons why the Diego-Amauri combo didnt work as he didnt like the ball at his feet.(Juve started playing more through the middle than using traditional wingplay when Diego joined us).Amauri was really good with his head but average at best in all other aspects.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:41 am

Yes actually, Matri was tearing shit up in the first half season he was here.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:46 pm

Matri was tearing up because of the 4-4-2 put Matri in same formation he will score 20+ again
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down