MJ
urbaNRoots
Eman
Raptorgunner
Highburied
35 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Bacary Sagna is leaving... - Page 4 Empty Re: Bacary Sagna is leaving...

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:23 pm

Thoughts on this guy homeboys....
Bacary Sagna is leaving... - Page 4 Mathieu_debuchy_euro_2012

Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:35 pm

Coleman if it was only down to those two, he's younger and from what I've seen of him, I prefer him to Debuchy.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:36 pm

Not a great defender. Very good going forward. Had a free pass on the RW cause we had no LW to track him.

Same with Coleman. He was a RW before he turned into a RB so obviously he is going to be good going forward.

Players like Sagna are hard to find. Fullbacks who can defend are getting redundant. We have our own Bellerin who is a great prospect so perhaps we should look for someone who is old-ish
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:46 pm

Debuchy's a very decent player. Had a good game today, too. But Coleman's age (25 years, experienced but still with prime years ahead of him) works in his favor here - Debuchy will be 29 at the beginning of next season and essentially be a little downgrade on Sagna and only slightly younger. And if that is the case, then really it's best to just offer Sagna 90k/wk or more, and try hard to keep him a little longer ... he's earned it.

Another variable is who's more expensive - I first thought Coleman might be because he could possibly count as homegrown (another potential plus), but Google tells me he's not. Damn Sligo Rovers. Wink

Anyway, I'd go with Coleman provided the two have similar price tags. He'll offer resale value in his late 20s if Bellerin and/or Jenks come good.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:01 pm

The problem with Coleman is tht United, and Moyes will always have first dibs on him. If I am not mistaken, they are in for him aswell right? Still, though (as mentioned already) I want us to extend Sagna, and Rozza's contracts. Would love it if they retired as Arsenal players. As seen over the past few months, they can still offer lot to our team, and perhaps helps transition the younger up and comers.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:01 pm

Imagine Bellerin's blistering pace and trickery peppered with words of wisdom from Bacary Sagna. Of course, you can't teach someone to be as great an athlete as him but having these veterans around is definitely a plus. Gives youngsters a chance to learn from them and plus it shows that Arsenal rewards loyal servants, we don't just ship them off to the MLS if they're still good enough.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:04 pm

We are going to miss his heading ability a lot from RB.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:12 pm

hopefully Contract renewals will be announced altogether  :wub: drinking
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:17 pm

Sagna is a pro, I'm sure if he wants to stay, he will w/o any contract holdoff. There is definitely part of him wants some trophy before retirement and he stalling to see if we could this season.

As for replacement, i dont even want to think about it, unless it's Lamn or Alves ( which we will never get), anyone else will be downgrade.

Both Debuchy and Coleman are different from Sagna type, Gibbs better stay rock solid defensively if we go for those 2.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:04 pm

defensive FB - Jenko
attacking FB - Bellerin
thats enough..
Sagna should be given a 2 year extension.. if Sagna can keep playing atleast one more year like this, it will do.. then he can rotate and play as 3rd choice CB also..by that time we will have Jenko and Bellerin ready..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:30 am

RealGunner wrote:Not a great defender. Very good going forward. Had a free pass on the RW cause we had no LW to track him.

Same with Coleman. He was a RW before he turned into a RB so obviously he is going to be good going forward.

Players like Sagna are hard to find. Fullbacks who can defend are getting redundant. We have our own Bellerin who is a great prospect so perhaps we should look for someone who is old-ish

He's a very good defender from what i have seen..... is he Sagna level? no but he's a very solid defender who since he adapted to the PL has been faultless at both ends and provides an outlet going forward that Sagna can only dream of.

As for having a free pass i'm not so sure..... i didn't watch the game but his movement off the ball is fantastic plenty of teams have not given him a free pass but he still finds a way to get in behind them.... like Alves used to for Barca not as good obviously but his movement like that is very difficult to stop.

I wish some of our forwards Cough**Ben Arfa**Cough had as good as movement as him.

He also is extremely good in the air.... averaging 5.2 clearances a game and also very good at covering for his CBs as well as having an insane engine.

His issue is his lack of pace which was a problem at first he thought he could give players space and recover like he could in France.... he's adapted to this now though and rarely do players get in behind anymore though.

He definitely can defend, very well in fact he's not like Sagna mainly because he's a lot more aggressive and tries to get forward more but this doesn't mean he can't defend if you were to buy him i don't think you would see sudden gaps.

Even if you were right, i disagree..... Gibbs is a rock and Mertesacker and Koscielny read the game excellently as well the space in between the lines being very small in your formation so i wouldn't envision an issue with Debuchy and Coleman.

Please stay away though Razz.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:39 am

Mole what you guys feeding Tiiote? he committed about twenty fouls with no card!!!!! rofl 

Does he watch old Stoke videos? hmm 
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:56 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Not a great defender. Very good going forward. Had a free pass on the RW cause we had no LW to track him.

He's a very good defender from what i have seen..... is he Sagna level? no but he's a very solid defender who since he adapted to the PL has been faultless at both ends and provides an outlet going forward that Sagna can only dream of.

As for having a free pass i'm not so sure..... i didn't watch the game but his movement off the ball is fantastic plenty of teams have not given him a free pass but he still finds a way to get in behind them.... like Alves used to for Barca not as good obviously but his movement like that is very difficult to stop.

I wish some of our forwards Cough**Ben Arfa**Cough had as good as movement as him.

He also is extremely good in the air.... averaging 5.2 clearances a game and also very good at covering for his CBs as well as having an insane engine.

His issue is his lack of pace which was a problem at first he thought he could give players space and recover like he could in France.... he's adapted to this now though and rarely do players get in behind anymore though.

He definitely can defend, very well in fact he's not like Sagna mainly because he's a lot more aggressive and tries to get forward more but this doesn't mean he can't defend if you were to buy him i don't think you would see sudden gaps.

Even if you were right, i disagree..... Gibbs is a rock and Mertesacker and Koscielny read the game excellently as well the space in between the lines being very small in your formation so i wouldn't envision an issue with Debuchy and Coleman.

Please stay away though Razz.

You just convinced me ffs Proud

I might get on the get Debuchy in Bandwaggon
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:08 am

Pls go Mad

Also Raptor Tiote has never been vicious.... he's an aggressive ball winner who tends to be late with his tackles which has led to a lot of cards in the past.

So while he may commit fouls they are usually fouls which are more designed to stop the momentum of the opposition than actually hurt them.

He's learnt from mistakes though and don't think he's ever been malicious been very good this season too.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:25 am

Debuchy has taken over the #1 spot on France NT because of his ability to overlap... and that's over Sagna.  Just something to consider.  BUT, he needs a winger to help him defensively since he attacks so much.  Walcott or Ozil on Debuchy's side would be a recipe for disaster lol. He's also a bit like Kos and makes that rash tackle...

Reason he got raped badly by Spain in the Euro was that freakin Menez was on his side.  Had both Iniesta and Alba going at him... alone.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:33 pm

Tbf though most defenders would struggle if they are isolated one v one with two or more players running at them....

That's more on the manager and the setup of the team than it is the individual.

No coincidence that Arsenal's defense has improved a lot when the organisation and setup has changed drastically although the personnel ( at least in the back 4) has not really changed at all in 3 years.

The cover in front of the back 4 is a lot better too and they way they attack and defend as a team.... there is not much space between the back 4 and forwards which makes it difficult for teams to build attacks against them.

Sagna is a fantastic defender but just using Debuchy and Coleman as examples i don't think as long as Wenger is coach that the defense would fall apart.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:45 pm

Letting Sagna would be criminal.
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:21 am

Wenger on sorting Sagna's contract, he can now speak to foreign clubs: “My commitment for this club… I want to do well for the club and feel that I can help the club to move forward. My commitment for this club is not in question. But it's Christmas. Don't ask me too many questions!

We are not far (from agreement with Sagna). I don't question Sagna's commitment until the last day of his contract. But when you are professional, you give your best until the last day of your contract.”

Two omens for two possibly different results?
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:55 am

Sagna: "I love Arsenal, I love playing for Arsenal, I love my team. Arsenal is the most followed team in France and I remember I used to watch them when I was in France so it was a pleasure to play for them, so why leave?

“It's great here. It was like a dream when I joined the club because I used to follow Arsenal when I was in France and then I had the opportunity to join them and it's a pleasure to play for the team.”

Up to us to offer him a decent contract then!
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:12 am

He's waiting on PSG to give him the contract he wants... not sure PSG want him though. They have their sights on Rafael.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:45 am

He is better than Rafael. But Rafael might be more glamorous and a friend of all the South American players over there.

He is staying or he will go to Inter.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4