Is Falcao the 2nd most decisive player in the world this season?

+44
The Franchise
Donuts
McAgger
Abramovich
Swanhends
Mamad
Yeezus
SchinnerC
justdoit_
jibers
Vibe
halamadrid2
Bear
Arquitecto
Great Leader Sprucenuce
FalcaoPunch
Raptorgunner
Blue
Highburied
VendettaRed07
Adit
CBarca
DeviAngel
Die Borussen
Zealous
harhar11
chinomaster182
CrazyBoy
peerless
the xcx
Le Samourai
Mr Nick09
barca 2011
Gil
Onyx
Sushi Master
gondov
Ganso
Rebaño Sagrado
Harmonica
pewpew
_LMG_10_
RealGunner
BarrileteCosmico
48 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Is Falcao the 2nd most decisive player in the world this season? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Falcao the 2nd most decisive player in the world this season?

Post by the xcx Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:28 pm

Mou already denied the interest of Falcao.

Neymar it is then :bow:

the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Is Falcao the 2nd most decisive player in the world this season? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Falcao the 2nd most decisive player in the world this season?

Post by peerless Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:33 pm

He performs well against average/below average teams.
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:09 am

Gil wrote:Neymar or Falcao Nick?

depends who i have in my team, you cant deny that falcao is the most dangerous n9 in football
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:11 am

If Ronaldo can be better than Ribery, Xavi, Iniesta etc, then why can't Falcao? hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyBoy Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:46 am

pewpew wrote:
RealGunner wrote:
pewpew wrote:Is Falcao the second most decisive player for his team?

I say third.

1.Ronaldo
2.messi(before shitstorm Xavi and Iniesta plays for barca.. remember that)
3.Falcao

Doesn't that mean Falcao should be first since he has no xavi or Iniesta at Atletico ?

Neither does Penaldo. But I guess you could mix it. Its a choice of preference. Ronaldo is a winger. His job is to keep width he doesnt get involved in as many goal chances. Specially with Higuain around. So you shouldnt compare him to CF's.

ronaldo just starts at LW, he is not a winger, he is the focal point of madrid games. You should better watch games than making assumptions.

CrazyBoy
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyBoy Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:50 am

Gil wrote:Dzeko used to light it up at Wolfsburg too. Never got the same amount of hype.

yes Dzeko used to win Europa leagues as if it is his property like Falcao does. Or he destroyed Chelsea like Falcao does. Anyone who has watched Falcao knows he is a special breed of finisher.

CrazyBoy
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:54 am

Now is the worst time to buy Falcao, he's in a hot streak and he will not drop a cent below 60m. With 26 years, it might not be worth it.

chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:05 am

In my opinion it's between him and Ibrahimovic. No one else but Messi has come close to having the influence these two have consistently over the season.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:16 am

I'm not saying that Falcao isn't a great striker but the way people go on about him you'd think other forwards haven't had a similar impact in recent years.

Forlan had a legendary season a while back for the same club, Dzeko as I've already alluded to, Milito, Cavani, Higuain etc

Would you be spending £60m on those players?

MOST DECISIVE PLAYER IN THE WORLD!!!!

Yet he couldn't lead a STACKED Atleti team into the CL last year costing them Diego, Dominguez etc Mad

And before anyone boringly says football is a team game. A supposedly worse player in RVP carried Arsenal into 3rd last year, his second best player was Alex Song Laughing

CrazyBoy wrote:
Gil wrote:Dzeko used to light it up at Wolfsburg too. Never got the same amount of hype.

yes Dzeko used to win Europa leagues as if it is his property like Falcao does. Or he destroyed Chelsea like Falcao does. Anyone who has watched Falcao knows he is a special breed of finisher.

No one takes the Europa League seriously. Stop it. Just stop.

And Dzeko helped Wolfsburg win the Bundesliga a few years back and was just as prolific doing it. A far superior achievement than winning a second-rate competition.

And how long are people going to be mentioning that Chelsea game? Chelsea were missing their best defender, were still experimenting with two defensive wingers with an unbalanced midfield & the entire team basically never bothered to show up in a meaningless pre-season friendly that couldn't sell-out.

Last edited by Gil on Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:20 am

pewpew wrote:
RealGunner wrote:

I say third.

1.Ronaldo
3.Falcao

Doesn't that mean Falcao should be first since he has no xavi or Iniesta at Atletico ?

Neither does Penaldo. But I guess you could mix it. Its a choice of preference. Ronaldo is a winger. His job is to keep width he doesnt get involved in as many goal chances. Specially with Higuain around. So you shouldnt compare him to CF's.

.... but has Özil and Di maria. How many assist have both özil and di maria given to ronaldo compared to xaviesta has given to messi? And lets not kid ourselves, ronaldos main job is to score and not to give width...

--

On topic, It depends. If you think that scoring goals is the only way to be decisive then I think so...

Last edited by harhar11 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:22 am; edited 2 times in total

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:20 am

It's still early days though lol

Big fan of El Tigre though. Crack.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:23 am

Gil wrote:I'm not saying that Falcao isn't a great striker but the way people go on about him you'd think other forwards haven't had a similar impact in recent years.

Forlan had a legendary season a while back for the same club, Dzeko as I've already alluded to, Milito, Cavani, Higuain etc

But Falcao's clearly above a level to those that you mentioned. Forlan never had the same influence on Atleti as Falcao currently has. Higuain was clinical but hardly one of the sole reasons they were winning. Milito scored important goals and did it consistently and there was a ton of hyping him up, but on the wrong side of 30 no one could justify a 60M price tag. Cavani hasn't hit this amount of consistency and influence either.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:25 am

CrazyBoy wrote:
pewpew wrote:
RealGunner wrote:

I say third.

1.Ronaldo
3.Falcao

ronaldo just starts at LW, he is not a winger, he is the focal point of madrid games. You should better watch games than making assumptions.

He's not completely wrong though, most of Ronaldo's time at Madrid has been spent on the wing, so he is a winger by definition. The role he plays though is very different to a traditional winger though.

TBF this season he has drifted to the center more than previous seasons so maybe he is making a move albeit gradually.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:27 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Gil wrote:I'm not saying that Falcao isn't a great striker but the way people go on about him you'd think other forwards haven't had a similar impact in recent years.

But Falcao's clearly above a level to those that you mentioned. Forlan never had the same influence on Atleti as Falcao currently has. Higuain was clinical but hardly one of the sole reasons they were winning. Milito scored important goals and did it consistently and there was a ton of hyping him up, but on the wrong side of 30 no one could justify a 60M price tag. Cavani hasn't hit this amount of consistency and influence either.

I still don't think Falcao has hit Forlan's level when he won the golden boot tbh. Forlan was playing with arguably a weaker team as well.

However I don't think any other striker out there can even touch Falcao right now. The man is simply unplayable, but I want to see what happens when he hits a poor run of form. He had trouble with this last year and it could happen again considering Alteli have always been a streaky team by nature.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:31 am

amazing player

i fcking love the way he celebrates when he scores

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:38 am

Gil wrote:
barca 2011 wrote:He's going against CR7 for 2nd best player currently with this form.

You think he's better than Ibra, Iniesta, RVP, Xavi, Ribery etc
I meant just attackers really. But if he continues this form, he can at least be mentioned.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:46 am

Falcao is great but he isn't in Ronaldo's league tbh.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:56 am

the beast !! FALCAO !
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:03 am

Anyways, can't we keep it in our pants until the end of the season? Then we can easily say who was the most decisive and etc.

Edit. Porto did a fantastic scouting on him, he was not exactly putting in goat performances at River Plate.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:23 am

Zealous wrote:I still don't think Falcao has hit Forlan's level when he won the golden boot tbh. Forlan was playing with arguably a weaker team as well.
I don't recall Forlan being this dominant, not to mention that he also had a promising Aguero helping him out. He scored 21 goals that season and some very important ones. They both scored in the 4-3 win against Barca, for instance. Falcao has no such partner.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:24 am

Gosh some of you guys are acting like this is a one year thing...he was absolutely fantastic with Porto as well (63 goals in some 74 games or thereabouts...iirc). He's been consistently brilliant going on four seasons now if you include this season.

But I certainly agree with waiting until the end of the season. If this question is so far? Definitely the second most. At the end of the season, we'll see.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:34 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Zealous wrote:I still don't think Falcao has hit Forlan's level when he won the golden boot tbh. Forlan was playing with arguably a weaker team as well.
I don't recall Forlan being this dominant, not to mention that he also had a promising Aguero helping him out. He scored 21 goals that season and some very important ones. They both scored in the 4-3 win against Barca, for instance. Falcao has no such partner.

He has much more creative talent behind him though.

The teams are setup quite differently, I don't see the point in comparing goal tallies but Forlan did have a quite brilliant spell from the start of 08 to right after the world cup where he scored 76 goals for club and country and had like 30 assists.

In general play he was better than Flacao even if he wasn't as potent in front of goal.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:37 am

Clearly the best 9 in the world right now.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:41 am

I really hope he stays. Hes just ridiculous.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyBoy Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:52 am

Zealous wrote:
CrazyBoy wrote:
pewpew wrote:
RealGunner wrote:

I say third.

1.Ronaldo
3.Falcao

He's not completely wrong though, most of Ronaldo's time at Madrid has been spent on the wing, so he is a winger by definition. The role he plays though is very different to a traditional winger though.

TBF this season he has drifted to the center more than previous seasons so maybe he is making a move albeit gradually.
agree but the thing with people is they think Ronaldo chips in goals from wing, while that is not the thing. He is the person with the most shots, and I agree with Mou or anyone starting Cr at wide as he feels more comfortable with wider spaces, on central area with tight space his game wont be as effective as on wide areas, cutting in and taking a shot or laying off.

CrazyBoy
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyBoy Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:57 am

Le Samourai wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

He has much more creative talent behind him though.

The teams are setup quite differently, I don't see the point in comparing goal tallies but Forlan did have a quite brilliant spell from the start of 08 to right after the world cup where he scored 76 goals for club and country and had like 30 assists.

In general play he was better than Flacao even if he wasn't as potent in front of goal.

agree Forlan not only had the burden of scoring but also creating. Atletico at that time had an inferior midfield to present, so Forlan was a mould of playmaker/striker. Dont want to compare as both are very different players.

CrazyBoy
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next