Recreate GOAT Teams With Current Players

+4
BIG$PETER
The Messiah
Bellabong
Casciavit
8 posters

Go down

Recreate GOAT Teams With Current Players Empty Recreate GOAT Teams With Current Players

Post by Casciavit Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:50 am

In Football Their were many great teams of the past. examples from the 2000-2010 - Galacticos 2000-2003, Milan 2003-2007, Arsenal 2003-2004 Barca 2004-2006 and more. Now in those teams their were many great players. But if you were going to try to make a team like it with the players in our era today which players would it be?.

AC Milan 04-05 My List:
Dida:Rafel
Cafu:Alves
Nesta:
Staam:Vertonghen
Maldini:Criscito
Gattuso:Nocerino
Pirlo:Verratti
Seedorf:Hamsik
Kaka:Oscar
Shevchenko:Yarmolenko
Inzaghi:Falcao

I probably have a couple of weird choices but the activity is quite hard because your never going to find a player like those players. Didn't give Nesta comparison don't really know who to compare him with.

Last edited by Casciavit on Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:19 pm; edited 6 times in total
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Recreate GOAT Teams With Current Players Empty Re: Recreate GOAT Teams With Current Players

Post by Bellabong Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:25 am

What was legendary about any of the teams you posted?
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Recreate GOAT Teams With Current Players Empty Re: Recreate GOAT Teams With Current Players

Post by Casciavit Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:28 am

Phritz wrote:What was legendary about any of the teams you posted?

They are notable and won trophies. Maybe I should have rephrased it to something else.

But That isnt the main point of the thread now is it. Its just recreate a good team that dominated football at their time with current players.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:50 am

Maybe you should put a list of the player up or make a line-up then we'll know what you mean.

Also it's amazing that the Bayern side that consistently humiliated Galaticos are not part of that legendary side, amazing just amazing.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:52 am

So winning trophies is the only requirement for becoming a GOAT/Legend?

The Mighty Magyars completely dominated football and reached the highest ELO in FIFA history and didnt end up winning trophies. And yet they're legendary. Cruijffs Netherlands didnt win the world cup and yet they're legendary.

The teams you mentioned did not dominate football.
Barcelona 08-11 dominated. Van Gaal's Ajax dominated. And those are the only two that come to mind in recent club
history. The next one along the timeline is obvious. (Unless you want to include Rehagel's Kaiserslautern who can rightfully argue that they're legends)
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:57 pm

Phritz wrote:So winning trophies is the only requirement for becoming a GOAT/Legend?

The Mighty Magyars completely dominated football and reached the highest ELO in FIFA history and didnt end up winning trophies. And yet they're legendary. Cruijffs Netherlands didnt win the world cup and yet they're legendary.

The teams you mentioned did not dominate football.
Barcelona 08-11 dominated. Van Gaal's Ajax dominated. And those are the only two that come to mind in recent club
history. The next one along the timeline is obvious. (Unless you want to include Rehagel's Kaiserslautern who can rightfully argue that they're legends)

I'm not going to include every team these were the first that came to mind.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:03 pm

The Messiah wrote:Maybe you should put a list of the player up or make a line-up then we'll know what you mean.

Also it's amazing that the Bayern side that consistently humiliated Galaticos are not part of that legendary side, amazing just amazing.

I got the idea from another forum i'll post the team for his example:

The forum was bigsoccer
Poster Ardee
This was his post:
Favorite past-time of mine.

I'll start things off, with the 2003-04 Arsenal Invincibles.

___________________Hart/Neuer (Seaman/Lehman)__________________
Sagna (Lauren)________Cahill (Campbell)_Kompany (Toure)___Baines (Cole)
___________________Yaya (Viera)___Lucas Leiva (Gilberto)___________
______Reus (Ljungberg)_______ Iniesta/Gotze/Silva (Bergkamp)____Chamberlain (Pires)
_____________________________Falcao/Benzema (Henry)________________________
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG$PETER Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:39 pm

Chill out the guys just trying to make a thread scratch
BIG$PETER
BIG$PETER
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:13 pm

BIG$PETER wrote:Chill out the guys just trying to make a thread scratch

I dont really mind what messiah said he has a point. I shouldve added a team as an example for the rest of the forum members to get what im saying.

Yes Phritz needs to chill. Cares more about the teams I posted as an example to recreate. than the actual topic itself.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:51 pm

Juves 2003 Champions League finalist squad.

From this:
--Buffon--
--Thuram-- --Ferrara-- --Montero-- --Zambrotta--
--Camoranesi-- --Conte-- --Davids-- --Nedved--
--Del Piero-- --Trezeguet--

To this:
--Buffon--
--Richards-- --Chiellini-- --Caceres-- --Alba--
--Pastore-- --Marchisio-- --Vidal-- --Messi--
--Totti-- --Higuian--

Not that i did this not based on quality, but playing style.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:32 am

juventus101 wrote:Juves 2003 Champions League finalist squad.

From this:
--Buffon--
--Thuram-- --Ferrara-- --Montero-- --Zambrotta--
--Camoranesi-- --Conte-- --Davids-- --Nedved--
--Del Piero-- --Trezeguet--

To this:
--Buffon--
--Richards-- --Chiellini-- --Caceres-- --Alba--
--Pastore-- --Marchisio-- --Vidal-- --Messi--
--Totti-- --Higuian--

Not that i did this not based on quality, but playing style.

Pastore like Camoranesi? Interesting choice I was thinking maybe someone like Ezequiel Schelotto. May you elaborate on some of your choices please.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:57 am

Yea Schelotto is good too. It was hard to think.of one like Camo. Which other ones do you need elaborating on? Ill do them all quickly.

Button is Button.
Micah Richards and Lilian Thuram, 2 big strong defensive rightbacks who can also play Centerback.
Chiellini and Ferrara, two hard tackling old school Italian defenders.
Caceres and Montero, two hard tackling South American centerbacks who can also.play fullback.
Alba and Zambrotta, two very offensives fullbacks who could also play as wingers.
Pastore and Camp are actually not.that much alike, but I couldn't think of someone else. Schelottos better, actually know that I think about it Di Maria.is a good one.
Marchisio and Conte and Davids and Vidal, hard to explain but anyone that has watched them would agree.
Messi and Nedved, two players that can play through the vented or on the wing. Small guys, Hard workers, rely on dribbling, acceleration, pace, and an eye for goal. Both Ballon Dor winners.
Del Piero and Totti we all know are very similar.
Trezeguet and Higuian are both.penalty box.poachers.

juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:11 am

juventus101 wrote:Yea Schelotto is good too. It was hard to think.of one like Camo. Which other ones do you need elaborating on? Ill do them all quickly.

Button is Button.
Micah Richards and Lilian Thuram, 2 big strong defensive rightbacks who can also play Centerback.
Chiellini and Ferrara, two hard tackling old school Italian defenders.
Caceres and Montero, two hard tackling South American centerbacks who can also.play fullback.
Alba and Zambrotta, two very offensives fullbacks who could also play as wingers.
Pastore and Camp are actually not.that much alike, but I couldn't think of someone else. Schelottos better, actually know that I think about it Di Maria.is a good one.
Marchisio and Conte and Davids and Vidal, hard to explain but anyone that has watched them would agree.
Messi and Nedved, two players that can play through the vented or on the wing. Small guys, Hard workers, rely on dribbling, acceleration, pace, and an eye for goal. Both Ballon Dor winners.
Del Piero and Totti we all know are very similar.
Trezeguet and Higuian are both.penalty box.poachers.

Thumbs up
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:20 pm

bump...
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:59 pm

Same as Juve101's team :Juve of 2003 except that i'm reshuffling my backline

Buffon

Zambrotta-Ferrara-Thuram-Montero

Camoranesi-Conte-Davids-Nedved

Del Piero-Trezeguet

My recreated team:

Neuer

Dani Alves-Samuel-Ogbonna-Chiellini

Di Maria-Marchisio-Vidal-Ribery

Jovetic-M.Gomez

-I picked Neuer because not only i think he is the heir to Buffon but imo Buffon back in the day had insane reflexes and its not as sharp now so i did not choose him in my recreated lineup whereas we know all about Neuer's reflexes..Also both are extremely good leaders and command their backline well.

-Dani Alves has that similar imperious attacking style like Zambrotta marauding up and down the pitch coupled with insane work rate just like him.

-Samuel just like Ferrara is like the last man standing in the backline ,the wall basically both with superb positioning and very good tacklers.Ogbonna reminds me of Thuram in more than one way ,he is the complete package for me a basically a left sided Thuram in my opinion who can also play as a FB just like Thuram.

-Chiellini just like Montero is a hard uncompromising tackler whilst also being a heavy influence in the backline.Chiellini is like Gentile imo but in this lineup he kinda mirrors Montero imo.

-Even though Di Maria is left footed imo he is very similar in characteristics to Camo.Immense work rate,great dribbler and crosser..Schelotto is similar but he is yet to make the next push in his career to go on and become a top player in his position..Hopefully it will come soon which is why i dint choose him.

-Conte himself told that he sees himself in Marchisio and i agree with him imo.As for Vidal he is for me the modern Edgar Davids definitely.

-As for Nedved,this was a tough choice but i chose Ribery cuz he has very good work rate just like Nedved and he plays like a wide AM for Bayern spending a lot of time in the middle too and just not restricted to the wing similar to what Nedved was to Juventus back in the day..Initially i thought i would go with Goetze but he looses out in the work rate part.

-Jovetic no doubt for me is the next Del Piero.Its a shame we cant sign him though.As for Mario Gomez choice ,he just like Trez is extremely average with the ball but the movement and awareness in the box is second to none.

Note that i picked players based on similar characteristics/traits and not in terms of similar playing styles.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:49 pm

To German dudes :

If a German club wasn't mentioned, it doesn't mean you were forgotten.

love JD.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:30 pm

Chelsea 04-05 team:
Cech
Ferreira---Carvalho--Terry--Gallas*
----------Tiago------Makelele---------
J.Cole--------Lampard---------Duff
-------------Gudjohnsen-------------

Recreated team:
Cech
Johnson?----Ramos--Chiellini--Richards*
------------Alonso-------Mascherano--------
Sanchez--------Fabregas------Messi--------
------------------Benzema---------------------

A couple of things:

Couldn't really come up with a RB similar to prime Ferreira. Not to sure about the Johnson pick.

Richards is right footed. As was Gallas but Mou played him there anyway because of Bridge's injury.

Last edited by Blue Barrett on Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:32 pm

You could've just picked Cesc instead of Schweini tbh..

He is the Spanish Lampard afterall :coffee: (and is a goal threat obviously)
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:33 pm

Surag wrote:You could've just picked Cesc instead of Schweini tbh..

He is the Spanish Lampard afterall :coffee: (and is a goal threat obviously)
Ah! That's a better comparison. Thanks.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down