Onyx
Kick
Real Kandahar
37 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Messi free kick reality - Page 3 Empty Re: Messi free kick reality

Post by Die Borussen Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:03 am

i mostly talk in general so butthurt is out of the question, but hey whatever makes you feel good! Laughing

you can take this insident as an example though,
if iker was standing in the middle would have saved any shot wherever it could go cause of the distance the set-piece is taken from

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:02 pm

I'm going to take a shot in the dark here, but I think Iker is a much better judge of where he should stand seeing as he set up his wall where he wanted it and has faced Messi over a dozen times in the past two years.

Oh, and then there's the whole he's the best keeper in the world thing that kind of gives him the credibility too.

To think Joe Blow on a football forum can seriously sit here and argue he knows where he should have stood is total insanity. I think you're forgetting you had the luxury of seeing where the kick went and the type of free kick Messi took. Iker didn't know what was coming before the free kick and since you have watched the replay a ton of times you think you know better then he does. WOW.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:18 pm

It's not like the wall couldn't move a foot to the right to compensate and like someone said, the wall is very rarely exactly 10 yards away to begin with, so i don't really have a problem with that

Now, players who take corners with the ball OUTSIDE the quadrant I do have an issue with
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:21 pm

Lex wrote:Now, players who take corners with the ball OUTSIDE the quadrant I do have an issue with
Never seen anyone do that. If someone does that, then i guess that we can consider as cheating.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by pewpew Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:34 pm

Cristiano Ronaldo was one of the best freekick taker of all time in his last year at manchester United.

there I said it. He sucks at them now. But to say that Messi has achieved more with his FKs is laughable.

pewpew
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:41 pm

Jack Daniels wrote:Never seen anyone do that. If someone does that, then i guess that we can consider as cheating.
Joey Barton (surprise surprise) did it against Bolton a while ago but i can't find a video of it Mad

pewpew wrote:to say that Messi has achieved more with his FKs is laughable.
No no no

pewpew wrote: Ronaldo was one of the best freekick taker of all time in his last year at manchester United.

now THAT is laughable
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:48 pm

Lol ninis you think you know better ten casillas? No sorry like Dnmac said you think you know what's the better position after seeing the replay. Messi I awesome at free kicks now, casillas is still amazing goalkeeper and time to close thread!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:33 pm

im able to judge though like everyone does about everything in this forum

and tbh i was already complaining on iker's positioning before messi took the free kick.

its simple logic really
i dont know if they follow a tradition or something,
what i know is he doesnt act before the ball passes the wall, he acts after which means he doesnt need to see whats happening in the shot's flow before the wall
therefore his positioning in the first place is bad considering it is only to secure the possibility of the ball going the place he is protecting.

basically what he does and what all keepers do is secure one place, one corner of the goalpost in order to have one main target to jump which is the other corner, doing that they abdicate a small area which in this case messi took advantage of, i find it Stupid at least for world class keepers like iker

i have an objective opinion, i have and still do play as a GK, not professionaly though

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:42 pm

Dnmac4 wrote:And LOL at the dumb title to this thread. What is the Reality of the free kick? That it went in and your butt hurt that Christina's don't anymore?

I didn't know that this thread was about ronaldo.
Plus, he want's neutrals commenting for a reason.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:25 am

Jack Daniels wrote:
Lex wrote:Now, players who take corners with the ball OUTSIDE the quadrant I do have an issue with
Never seen anyone do that. If someone does that, then i guess that we can consider as cheating.

It is. No part of the laws of the game and the assistant referee should pick it up if the corner is near his side...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:08 am

Giggity5313 wrote:
Dnmac4 wrote:And LOL at the dumb title to this thread. What is the Reality of the free kick? That it went in and your butt hurt that Christina's don't anymore?

Ah right, Neutrals like him, right? That's why this thread was made for a neutral discussion because if Ronaldo did it the same guy would have made the thread, right?

The forum is low enough on IQ, please don't tell me you believe he was doing anything but trashing Messi's goal.

Why in the hell else would the thread be named "Messi free kick reality" if it was for neutrals, I mean like I said what in the world is the reality? Every free kick taker moves the ball and places it how they want it before they take it, why make this thread now when there are hundreds of games every weekend where the same exact thing happens?

I mean you really can't be that gullible can you?

You even have people questioning weather Casillas lined up right like he hasn't done it thousands of times before, and no there opinion means nothing because if the best keeper in the world stands a little to the left or the right he has a reason to and no poster on here has the skill level of Casillas to know why he does it. It's worked for him through out his career I would say.

Give Messi credit that's it. He didn't cheat, Casillas didn't position himself wrong etc etc. HE hit a perfect free kick and it went in, stop crying about it.

Also, you're not a Mod (thank god) so don't sit here and try and tell anyone what to do. Your as deep in Ronaldo/Madrid delusion as these fanboys in this thread.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:38 am

Dnmac4 wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:

Ah right, Neutrals like him, right? That's why this thread was made for a neutral discussion because if Ronaldo did it the same guy would have made the thread, right?

The forum is low enough on IQ, please don't tell me you believe he was doing anything but trashing Messi's goal.

Why in the hell else would the thread be named "Messi free kick reality" if it was for neutrals, I mean like I said what in the world is the reality? Every free kick taker moves the ball and places it how they want it before they take it, why make this thread now when there are hundreds of games every weekend where the same exact thing happens?

You even have people questioning weather Casillas lined up right like he hasn't done it thousands of times before, and no there opinion means nothing because if the best keeper in the world stands a little to the left or the right he has a reason to and no poster on here has the skill level of Casillas to know why he does it. It's worked for him through out his career I would say.

Give Messi credit that's it. He didn't cheat, Casillas didn't position himself wrong etc etc. HE hit a perfect free kick and it went in, stop crying about it.

Also, you're not a Mod (thank god) so don't sit here and try and tell anyone what to do. Your as deep in Ronaldo/Madrid delusion as these fanboys in this thread.

I'm as deep in delusion, yet I always give credit to messi, I always praise him because he is good. I'm easily the most objective person when it comes to this. Do you want me to kiss his ass while I'm at it?

I like ronaldo, get over it dude. I said myself that was an excellent free kick.

And no I'm not gullible, you want every damn thing to be perfect, you don't have to write an essay because of the way he said something about your boyfriend in a topic title. Get over it.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:13 am

Messi's FK improved now. It's frakking obvious he's one of the 5 best FK takers.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:34 am

Dnmac4 wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:

it is obvious and i agree with the fact that this thread was created in the first place to bash messi you only need to look the title of it

i dont want you to believe me, i could care less Very Happy but everything i say related to iker's positioning has nothing to do with messi, ive said it many times before i know he is the best
long time now i have accepted it, there is no reason for me to put him down saying what im saying.
wether my opinion is valid or not thats another story, let it be wrong i realize what im saying but i still stand by it,

also you are saying why we question iker cause he have done it thousand times before,
its the same way you question countless players of their abilities and their actions on the pitch, the coaches and their actions for the team etc..
havent they done it thousand of times too? why you question them?
same shit you just dont see it.. me questioning iker's choice for his positioning & you questioning after the match pep's/tito's choice for the tactics & subs..

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:11 pm

Ninis wrote:
Dnmac4 wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:

it is obvious and i agree with the fact that this thread was created in the first place to bash messi you only need to look the title of it

i dont want you to believe me, i could care less Very Happy but everything i say related to iker's positioning has nothing to do with messi, ive said it many times before i know he is the best
long time now i have accepted it, there is no reason for me to put him down saying what im saying.
wether my opinion is valid or not thats another story, let it be wrong i realize what im saying but i still stand by it,

also you are saying why we question iker cause he have done it thousand times before,
its the same way you question countless players of their abilities and their actions on the pitch, the coaches and their actions for the team etc..
havent they done it thousand of times too? why you question them?
same shit you just dont see it.. me questioning iker's choice for his positioning & you questioning after the match pep's/tito's choice for the tactics & subs..

One is a coach and one is a player. I have been on this board for a long time and I have never seen Iker beaten by a penalty and a poster/Madrid fan blame it on his positioning.

I've seen him get hands to some goals and people say he should have saved it but there was no chance of him saving that goal no matter where his positioning was.

There are times when goalies just can't get to a free kick no mater where they put there wall or where they stood, the taker just hit a perfect kick.

Not to mention Messi made a very similar goal from even further out the last time they played and no one blamed Casillas.

It's just another way to suggest it was Iker's fault which just isn't true.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:16 pm

So in conclusion of this ridiculous thread.

The Barca fan defends Casillas to show Messi's FK quality while the Madrid fan bashes Casillas to discredit Messi's quality FK.

Poor Insignificant Iker.

Btw I'm only joking.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:51 am

Jack Daniels wrote:So in conclusion of this ridiculous thread.

The Barca fan defends Casillas to show Messi's FK quality while the Madrid fan bashes Casillas to discredit Messi's quality FK.

Poor Insignificant Iker.

Btw I'm only joking.

I know you're joking but I have been a massive Iker fan for a long time and have always told my fellow Barca fans to shut up when they try to compare Valdes to him.

Plus I've always been on the Iker side in the Iker vs Buffon arguments. He's the best keeper in the world, period.

Oh and yea, another Messi free kick. I can't wait to hear the MAdrid fans in this threads opinions now.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:57 am

Messi > Cristiano in the fk department
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:58 am

Completely duped the Uruguayan wall and made them look like a bunch of tools. Insightful demonstration that not all free kicks have to be struck with power and hope *coughcough*

Last edited by Lex on Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:59 am

The ref spayed than weird stuff on the exact spot of the foul, Messi couldn't "cheat" this time around.

Surprise suprise, he still scored Very Happy

Poor goalkeeper must have spend hours studying Messi's freekicks, he didnt know what hit him No

Messi only got 2 within range freekicks tonight, he buried one!!! :bow: dat clinicality (if that's a word)

Messi free kick reality - Page 3 Messi-Freekick-Uruguay

Last edited by gondov on Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:01 am; edited 1 time in total
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:44 am

So, in conclusion to today's fifa matchdate:
Falcao :bow: Messi :bow: Cristiano hmm

lol, I kid my madridistas.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:56 am

barca 2011 wrote:So, in conclusion to today's fifa matchdate:

what about Pedro ? Sad
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:36 am

gondov wrote:
barca 2011 wrote:So, in conclusion to today's fifa matchdate:

what about Pedro ? Sad

Damn, I meant to include him too!!!! I just forgot. Whatever happened to the hattrick hero post BTW?
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:38 am

Messi free kick reality - Page 3 671127321
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor