why is paul scholes not rated on this forum??

+11
Red Alert
RecobaRecobaRecoba
Dnmac4
RedOranje
RealGunner
iNFINITY9910
jibers
Zealous
Cotes
The Franchise
truereddevil
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

why is paul scholes not rated on this forum?? - Page 2 Empty Re: why is paul scholes not rated on this forum??

Post by Red Alert Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:25 am

Scholes is up there with Xavi imo. Don't get me wrong, Xavi is quite obviously better atm, but I really do feel when they both retire (permantently anyway) they'll both be considered as good as each other. Amazing footballers. Sepi's sarcasm is right though, Scholes tackles were horrible - he's lucky he played for United. lol

Think people choose Xavi as they've seen him in his prime more recently and due to his accomplishments with Spain.

RealGunner wrote: The fact Fergie pulled him off the Golf Course at 37 says it all

That was more United being skint, tbf.

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

why is paul scholes not rated on this forum?? - Page 2 Empty Re: why is paul scholes not rated on this forum??

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:29 am

He's got a lot of extra praise due to the fact that he was never a tabloid footballer, and due to the consistency he has shown throughout his career.
Add to that, in a country which is so devoid of flair and filled with players who are nothing but workhorses,he is bound to get that extra praise. His poor record with the National team(not entirely his fault) doesn't do him any justice as well. People are gonna lavish praise on a player whenever a mic is stuck in their face.So you can't just base your claims on that. A great player during his time, a club legend, but he has done nothing out of the ordinary to be rated above the Xavis and Pirlos.

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:58 am

People aren't talking about him because he is nothing special any longer.

Once he retires for the second and final time, then give it a couple of years and people will be happy to talk about Scholes in his prime.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:11 am

Poor man's Gerrard imo
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:10 pm

Swagg wrote:Poor man's Gerrard imo

Completely different players.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:12 pm

jibers wrote:SCholes for me is up there with Xavi. Hell maybe even better seeing as United never used the cm and we always played with four attackers leaving scholes exposed. Bar Xavi's close control I would say Scholes is better tbh.
truereddevil wrote:cotes said scholes is nt in league of xavi pirlo XABi
truereddevil wrote:xabi alonso better tha scholes??!!!!!!!! omg the world ends here...
his stats for club has been better than most midfielders...its just bcoz english national team is shit that scholes is not iconic??? well messi and ronaldo should not be iconic too then....all the qoutes from his fellow players and coaches tell u how good he was...taking only club performances he is there with xavi no doubt who is the only one in competetion may pe pirlo too but thats all...
zidane>xavi=scholes=pirlo>gerrad>alonso

All of you guys just proved my point....
If you read what I said well, you would've seen where I said "Some of these players will mostly get props from supporters of the clubs they play"

You are all Man Utd fan, so of course you gonna argue what you want because you are the guys who for the last couple of years get up to watch Utd play week in & week out...
You guys Scrutinize, dissect & Re-look everything they do because they represent your club!

Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:00 pm

He's not as hyped on this forum because this particular forum doesn't exactly have a strong ManU contingent. But he is rated highly >.>
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:17 pm

for me he has an amazing long ball accuracy and in that aspect he is the best to have ever played the game

though i dont agree with his decision on coming back from retirement and i think he should leave space for other fresh and younger players in his position

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2