Nesta vs Cannavaro

+7
vivabarca38
Forza
sportsczy
truereddevil
Valkyrja
jibers
juventus101
11 posters

Go down

Nesta vs Cannavaro Empty Nesta vs Cannavaro

Post by juventus101 Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:07 pm

At their prime, who was better?
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2537
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Nesta vs Cannavaro Empty Re: Nesta vs Cannavaro

Post by jibers Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:15 pm

Nesta and it's not even close. I watched Nesta all through his career and Canavaro. Canavro's legacy is overshadowed by his WC performances when in fact that season he was pretty crap. Cannavro is like a better Chiellini. They both have horrible concentraion.

Nesta for me is the best CB since Baresi. I think Baresi is the best cb of all time. I dont care about of ball playing cause I knw who people will bring up, in the art of defendoig Baresi stands alone. He was a libero who tranformed into the best cb. He was also in the period where due to the offside trap being implemeted by his team under saachi, it madr the libero obsolete to modern tactics. So he was the last great libero and the very best Centre back.

Nesta wins easily. There is no comparison.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10241
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Nesta vs Cannavaro Empty Re: Nesta vs Cannavaro

Post by Valkyrja Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:20 pm

Nesta... he was simply too good.

PS : Varane looks alot like him(on the field)...
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11355
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Nesta vs Cannavaro Empty Re: Nesta vs Cannavaro

Post by truereddevil Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:59 am

nesta was GOD.... i watched milan games just to watch him
truereddevil
truereddevil
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 37
Join date : 2012-09-28
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Nesta vs Cannavaro Empty Re: Nesta vs Cannavaro

Post by jibers Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:51 am

truereddevil wrote:nesta was GOD.... i watched milan games just to watch him

of course you did Rolling Eyes
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10241
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Nesta vs Cannavaro Empty Re: Nesta vs Cannavaro

Post by Guest Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:29 pm

Even at his prime Cannavaro wasn't that great. He was made to look great by Thuram. The only center back who is worthy of comparison with Nesta since Baresi is Thuram.
So, Nesta wins easily.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Nesta vs Cannavaro Empty Re: Nesta vs Cannavaro

Post by sportsczy Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:30 pm

vasanthPato wrote:Even at his prime Cannavaro wasn't that great. He was made to look great by Thuram. The only center back who is worthy of comparison with Nesta since Baresi is Thuram.
So, Nesta wins easily.

And Thuram was a much better RB than CB... I think Thuram is the goat defensive RB.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 21481
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

Nesta vs Cannavaro Empty Re: Nesta vs Cannavaro

Post by Forza Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:31 pm

haha. Don't get me wrong, Canna was a champion and had a great 06 WC, but Nesta is well above. He's had an amazingly brilliant career considering his injury troubles. Consistent, classy, precise.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham
Posts : 8871
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Nesta vs Cannavaro Empty Re: Nesta vs Cannavaro

Post by Guest Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:33 pm

sportsczy wrote:
vasanthPato wrote:Even at his prime Cannavaro wasn't that great. He was made to look great by Thuram. The only center back who is worthy of comparison with Nesta since Baresi is Thuram.
So, Nesta wins easily.

And Thuram was a much better RB than CB... I think Thuram is the goat defensive RB.

He did play cb during his Parma days. Though on the right of a three man backline.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Nesta vs Cannavaro Empty Re: Nesta vs Cannavaro

Post by Forza Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:37 pm

vasanthPato wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
vasanthPato wrote:Even at his prime Cannavaro wasn't that great. He was made to look great by Thuram. The only center back who is worthy of comparison with Nesta since Baresi is Thuram.
So, Nesta wins easily.

And Thuram was a much better RB than CB... I think Thuram is the goat defensive RB.

He did play cb during his Parma days. Though on the right of a three man backline.
Have to agree with sports on this one, Thuram was a much better RB than CB
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham
Posts : 8871
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Nesta vs Cannavaro Empty Re: Nesta vs Cannavaro

Post by Guest Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:39 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:
vasanthPato wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
vasanthPato wrote:Even at his prime Cannavaro wasn't that great. He was made to look great by Thuram. The only center back who is worthy of comparison with Nesta since Baresi is Thuram.
So, Nesta wins easily.

And Thuram was a much better RB than CB... I think Thuram is the goat defensive RB.

He did play cb during his Parma days. Though on the right of a three man backline.
Have to agree with sports on this one, Thuram was a much better RB than CB
He was still better than Cannavaro at center back. :coffee:

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Nesta vs Cannavaro Empty Re: Nesta vs Cannavaro

Post by Forza Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:42 pm

vasanthPato wrote:
Forza Rossoneri wrote:
vasanthPato wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
vasanthPato wrote:Even at his prime Cannavaro wasn't that great. He was made to look great by Thuram. The only center back who is worthy of comparison with Nesta since Baresi is Thuram.
So, Nesta wins easily.

And Thuram was a much better RB than CB... I think Thuram is the goat defensive RB.

He did play cb during his Parma days. Though on the right of a three man backline.
Have to agree with sports on this one, Thuram was a much better RB than CB
He was still better than Cannavaro at center back. :coffee:
Now that is a tight comparison. Yeah, I'd probably agree.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham
Posts : 8871
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Nesta vs Cannavaro Empty Re: Nesta vs Cannavaro

Post by jibers Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:56 pm

Sports I agree. Thuram is the best defensive RB I have ever seen.In that department I don't think he has any competition.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10241
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Nesta vs Cannavaro Empty Re: Nesta vs Cannavaro

Post by truereddevil Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:13 pm

i would rate a lot of defenders above cannavaro tbh...
truereddevil
truereddevil
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 37
Join date : 2012-09-28
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Nesta vs Cannavaro Empty Re: Nesta vs Cannavaro

Post by vivabarca38 Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:19 pm

Kizu wrote:Nesta... he was simply too good.

PS : Varane looks alot like him(on the field)...
Knew that was coming.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach
Posts : 1730
Join date : 2011-06-08

Back to top Go down

Nesta vs Cannavaro Empty Re: Nesta vs Cannavaro

Post by RealGunner Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:19 pm

Nesta and it's not even close.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89513
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Nesta vs Cannavaro Empty Re: Nesta vs Cannavaro

Post by The Franchise Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:23 pm

As said, its not even close. I never liked Canna...too much of a gambler, almost liked he guessed which way a player would go, sometimes he guessed right and sometimes he guessed wrong.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19651
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Nesta vs Cannavaro Empty Re: Nesta vs Cannavaro

Post by LeBéninois Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:09 pm



Nesta : for the reasons just read post above ahaha

LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 4030
Join date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Nesta vs Cannavaro Empty Re: Nesta vs Cannavaro

Post by Valkyrja Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:15 pm

Thuram is super rich mans Abidal IMO
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11355
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Nesta vs Cannavaro Empty Re: Nesta vs Cannavaro

Post by eroticfishcake Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:28 pm

Nesta for me.

Alessandro is probably the best defender I've seen live, not he's a great footballer and a legend for AC Milan but also has a great personality and is class.

Cannavaro is a bit of a twat and he was never as good as Nesta in footballing terms.

People will forget Nesta in the long term though and will remember Cannavaro as the better defender more because of his individual honours which is a big shame.
eroticfishcake
eroticfishcake
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 44
Join date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Nesta vs Cannavaro Empty Re: Nesta vs Cannavaro

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum