donttreadonred
Art Morte
Nishankly
Red Alert
McAgger
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Liverpool vs. Manchester United || Sept 23 Empty Liverpool vs. Manchester United || Sept 23

Post by McAgger Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:17 am

Reina
Kelly--Skrtel--Agger--Johnson
Allen
Gerrard--Sahin
Suarez--Borini--Sterling

Bench: Jones, Coates, Enrique, Assaidi, Downing, Shelvey, Hendo
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Liverpool vs. Manchester United || Sept 23 Empty Re: Liverpool vs. Manchester United || Sept 23

Post by Red Alert Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:20 am

*Awaits Fahim's team talk.*
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Liverpool vs. Manchester United || Sept 23 Empty Re: Liverpool vs. Manchester United || Sept 23

Post by Nishankly Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:59 am

Dont expect to win this, But ill be happy with a draw.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:55 am

United haven't got a CM who'd worry me, but Kagawa in CAM position will be devasteting if we let him on the ball too much. Full-backs have to be sharp as I believe it's the wings from where United will have the best chances of breaking forward.

I'm not feeling confident about our goal-scoring, but hopefully that'll turn out to be good because hardly anything feels better than scoring on Manchester United.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:48 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
Reina
Kelly--Skrtel--Agger--Johnson
Allen
Gerrard--Sahin
Suarez--Borini--Sterling

Bench: Jones, Coates, Enrique, Assaidi, Downing, Shelvey, Hendo
I kind of doubt Sahin will start this. I think Rodgers has been rotating some players in order to give a little more experience to last Thursday's squad (Assaidi, Sahin, maybe Enrique, though he was probably a fitness issue).

The lineup will probably be closer to this:
---------Reina
Kelly-Skrtel-Agger-Johnson
---Gerrard---Allen
--------Shelvey
Suarez-----------Sterling
---------Borini

- Back 4 picks itself after given who played/didn't play on Thursday.
-Gerrard and Allen were rested and will be likely to come straight into the lineup. Sahin might make it in, but I doubt it given the number of games he's played recently (lack of full match-fitness) and the fact that he played the full ninety against Young Boys.
-I really hope to see Suarez start wide again. I think Rodgers sees him as a wide-forward more than CF, but he's one of the only options for CF (he implied as much in a recent interview). Borini's movement up front has been good, and he's capable of opening space for Suarez and Sterling. Even though he has yet to open his account in the Prem League, I think he's the most likely to clean up those messy chances in the opponent's box.
- I would love to see Assaidi get a sub appearance in this game. He looked to be VERY comfortable in Rodgers's system and a very real threat from the left side.

We almost always step up the performance against ManU. I don't expect a win, but I think we'll play well and could get a draw. I would love to be proved wrong, but I'm just not confident we can stymie and/or match ManU's firepower right now.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:11 pm

Art Morte wrote:United haven't got a CM who'd worry me, but Kagawa in CAM position will be devasteting if we let him on the ball too much. Full-backs have to be sharp as I believe it's the wings from where United will have the best chances of breaking forward.

I'm not feeling confident about our goal-scoring, but hopefully that'll turn out to be good because hardly anything feels better than scoring on Manchester United.
I agree, I don't think controlling the midfield will really be a problem. Cleverly and Scholes have nothing on Allen, Gerrard, and Shelvey/Sahin when in possession. Kagawa really plays too far up the pitch to be counted as part of their midfield combination. I expect us to control the game, but Kagawa/RVP/Nani/etc. only need one chance to score. The counterattack will likely be our undoing. Again, I'm hoping I'm wrong...
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:28 pm

Historically it is the greatest rivalry in British Football. Dubbed by many as the greatest football rivalry on earth. To me a commoner it is the greatest spectacle I have ever seen or heard of.

Two teams showered with glory & victory. Two teams with achievements beyond many mere mortals. The Red of Merseyside & the Red of Manchester come together in a game of football that has for ages inspired & wowed many many humble fans.

A game of football so coveted that even the greats of the sport have bowed down to respect. A century old rivalry that has entertained us with pure magic that only this form of sport can provide.

On paper we are definitely the underdogs going up against a team which has strengths in numbers & in technicality. In all due respect this game would be dubbed by the pundits as a game for Manchester United to show their dominance.

But I tell you this my friends football is not only played with what is on paper it is a game of inspired individuals its a game that is won by 14 men who give out their all on a pitch they grow to love as their kingdom. Anfield is the kingdom of the Liverbird its our home its the place where the great Liverbird lives.

And tomorrow when this 14 Red men will grace the field of Anfield. . . I promise you this that they would fight for every half of the field, every yard they run, every inch they cover, & every move they make . . . THEY ARE GONNA BE RUTHLESS AT IT!

Tomorrow this men will step in the field as legends, as prodigies & the old & the new. . . And i promise you they will live the field as . . . IMMORTALS. Tomorrow will be the day of which there would be songs, chants & banners telling the story of how some young reds stepped in & conquered the greats of today.

But above all tomorrow is the day when we as a club pay respect to the 96 who had unfounded love for the club & their families who have cried & fought for the truth for so long. So, above all its important that together we remember them & embrace our inheritance & our past. Cause my friends that's what makes us . . . . Liverpool.

I humbly request you to put on the Red Jersey tomorrow and wherever you maybe be the proudest football fan breathing on earth cause we deserve it, we owe it to ourselves & our club.

I humbly request you to be the loudest you can be in any place you are, be it a club, be it a house or be it in the streets be the voice that makes a difference the voice that is heard the voice that is the proudest of all football fans. Shout at every tackle, scream at every interception, scream at every chance we create & make sure when we score you Shout like you have never before.

If you walk into a bar alone full of opposition supporters . . I promise you this, you would walk out the only one smiling. .

If you are home alone. . . I promise you this you would be jumping up & down & run around every corner of your house screaming. .

As the song says

"And don't be afraid of the dark.
At the end of the storm
Is a golden sky"

Tomorrow will be the beginning of a new era in Liverpool Football Club. Don't doubt it but believe it with all your might & every bit of strength you have and wherever you are . . . . I my friends promise you this, that tomorrow. . . no matter what happens. . .

You will not walk alone. . You will never walk alone.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:00 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAGH FAHIM I LOVE YOU MAN......I have goosebumps all over my body, what a read :bow: :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:00 pm

fahim they need to hire you to speak in the dressing room before matches. :bow: :bow: :bow: so pumped for this game now!!!
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:59 am

Fahim, I am so charged up reading your article drinking
now I have no concern at all to watch this match with my frinds who are Utd fans
HEIL THE REDS banana

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:03 am

Fahim :bow:

3.5 hours, GET IN!
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:11 pm

Fahim89 wrote:Historically it is the greatest rivalry in British Football. Dubbed by many as the greatest football rivalry on earth. To me a commoner it is the greatest spectacle I have ever seen or heard of.

Two teams showered with glory & victory. Two teams with achievements beyond many mere mortals. The Red of Merseyside & the Red of Manchester come together in a game of football that has for ages inspired & wowed many many humble fans.

A game of football so coveted that even the greats of the sport have bowed down to respect. A century old rivalry that has entertained us with pure magic that only this form of sport can provide.

On paper we are definitely the underdogs going up against a team which has strengths in numbers & in technicality. In all due respect this game would be dubbed by the pundits as a game for Manchester United to show their dominance.

But I tell you this my friends football is not only played with what is on paper it is a game of inspired individuals its a game that is won by 14 men who give out their all on a pitch they grow to love as their kingdom. Anfield is the kingdom of the Liverbird its our home its the place where the great Liverbird lives.

And tomorrow when this 14 Red men will grace the field of Anfield. . . I promise you this that they would fight for every half of the field, every yard they run, every inch they cover, & every move they make . . . THEY ARE GONNA BE RUTHLESS AT IT!

Tomorrow this men will step in the field as legends, as prodigies & the old & the new. . . And i promise you they will live the field as . . . IMMORTALS. Tomorrow will be the day of which there would be songs, chants & banners telling the story of how some young reds stepped in & conquered the greats of today.

But above all tomorrow is the day when we as a club pay respect to the 96 who had unfounded love for the club & their families who have cried & fought for the truth for so long. So, above all its important that together we remember them & embrace our inheritance & our past. Cause my friends that's what makes us . . . . Liverpool.

I humbly request you to put on the Red Jersey tomorrow and wherever you maybe be the proudest football fan breathing on earth cause we deserve it, we owe it to ourselves & our club.

I humbly request you to be the loudest you can be in any place you are, be it a club, be it a house or be it in the streets be the voice that makes a difference the voice that is heard the voice that is the proudest of all football fans. Shout at every tackle, scream at every interception, scream at every chance we create & make sure when we score you Shout like you have never before.

If you walk into a bar alone full of opposition supporters . . I promise you this, you would walk out the only one smiling. .

If you are home alone. . . I promise you this you would be jumping up & down & run around every corner of your house screaming. .

As the song says

"And don't be afraid of the dark.
At the end of the storm
Is a golden sky"

Tomorrow will be the beginning of a new era in Liverpool Football Club. Don't doubt it but believe it with all your might & every bit of strength you have and wherever you are . . . . I my friends promise you this, that tomorrow. . . no matter what happens. . .

You will not walk alone. . You will never walk alone.

This is a great post. Respect!
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:38 pm

The Reds team in full is: Reina, Johnson, Kelly, Skrtel, Agger, Allen, Shelvey, Gerrard, Sterling, Borini, Suarez. Subs: Jones, Enrique, Sahin, Assaidi, Henderson, Suso, Carragher.

Great team from BR:hatsoff:
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:49 pm

Sahin ostracised. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:50 pm

To you all . . . :bow:
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:11 pm

Fahim :bow:

I'm hyped

YNWA
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:03 pm

Any link to watch the match.

And the best of luck.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 pm

SHITE...FRAK...AAAAAAAGH Mad REFF U C*NT that wasn't a red, please. He just f*cked up the exciting game. We still dominated them with 10 men.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:29 pm

Not happy. We dominated that first half yet get nothing from it. Still 0-0, we needed to make all that pressure show on the scoreboard.

In relation to the red, I thought it wasn't a red after several slow-mo's but in fairness it wasn't a totally outrageous decision from the ref. On first viewing you can see why he gave it.

Overall, not happy
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:31 pm

Mark Hasley looks a good new signing to the united squad. Doesn't he :coffee:
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:34 pm

Suso thrown in Shocked

1-0

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

well in stevie!!!!!!!!
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:36 pm

My heart in absolutely thumping right now.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:40 pm

*bleep* SAKE

was that their first effort

JESUS *bleep* CHRIST
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:48 pm

clear contact om suarez from evans there, yet commentators talking like its a dive. confused

scholes assaults sterling only yellow

at least we are still playing really well with 10
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:06 pm

DISGUSTING

Suarez should have got penalty, but its a dive

Valencia dives, given penalty

DISGUSTING

edit: agger getting stretchered off just to compound the pain
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next