BeautifulGame
Fahim89
McAgger
Art Morte
Arquitecto
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Sunderland v Liverpool Pre|Post Match Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Sunderland v Liverpool Pre|Post Match Discussion Thread

Post by Arquitecto Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:29 pm

Le Samourai wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:I think we can all agree that Twitter is the modern day equivalent of a punching bag (or a Mortar and Pestle for Females) for young and frustrated individuals. Its disappointing to see our most talented youngster channel his irritation in such a manner in which he knows will have consequences. Or it could be just his sheer desire to play for the first team. Nonetheless I hope BR will address this issue with Suso.

The days before blenders lol.

I think he just wants to play at the end of the day, I completely understand that. With Sahin's addition, I think he comes a hugely important part of the team, I think he slides into that attacking role of the 3 midfielders as nicely as anyone in the squad so he should get some time.

OT: As you mention Mortar and Pestle, I was wondering if you ever read "La Llluvia Amarilla" by Llamazares, I'm doing it for school this year, would probably have more questions about Basque culture and so on if you yourself have studied it.

It'll be interesting to see how he copes with a 4-3-3 given that he is more like Silva/Ander in which he likes to cope as a Trequartista as 4-3-3 doesn't allow so much freedom for that position. Although what I know is he did play a right sided role in the youth squad as a wide forward. Obviously his central role is more beneficial to his development yet it will be intriguing to see how Rodgers uses him. I can understand his frustration as these kind of players who always demand possession and control games usually are the ones that end up complaining, nonetheless he must follow a strict protocol when being granted his spot.

OT: I have read it Very Happy Llamanzares is one of my favourite authors as I've also read luna de lobos and el cielo de Madrid. Brilliant author. Questions on Basque culture? It would be an honour as months ago I had the same session with BarcaKizz for a University project. I'd be happy to help.

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Sunderland v Liverpool Pre|Post Match Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Sunderland v Liverpool Pre|Post Match Discussion Thread

Post by Fahim89 Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:33 pm

RedOranje wrote:I think we're all aware of his previous complaints about not being part of the senior squad for the West Brom match and others. This time he tweeted that he was part of the squad, but rather than being happy about it, he simply complained that he only made it because two others were injured/missing (at least, I think that's what he said).

suso30fernandez ‏@suso30fernandez

Going to sunderland. Im in the squad(20players) for the game tomorrow.Finally two players have to be out of the list.Have a nice day

I guess he meant that out of the 20, 18 would be selected for the game day & 2 would be left out. So, i guess he has to wait for the decision.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:41 pm

Btw Yesil is most likely for the U21s tonight. . So him having any chance for tomorrow seems unlikely.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:41 pm

He seems more Silva than Ander.

To me the thing about a 4 -3-3 that inhibits Ander is that he's not really someone who relies too much on trickery and dribbling , he's all about touch balance and vision so the place he influences games from the most is the centre.

Silva and by extension Suso seem to be more comfortable in a channelled role where they can play specific angles that open up for left footers and run at defenders.

Ander on the other hand doesn't want to spend time running with then ball at his feet amd he doesn't like being limited in the angles which he can potentially used , because he's achieved the rare balance and ambidexterity required to use all equally.

OT: Yea , I have liked him so far as well he writes very poetically , only complaint about this specific book is while it's language is very engaging , it's plot sometimes suffers because of it.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:12 pm

Fahim89 wrote:Btw Yesil is most likely for the U21s tonight. . So him having any chance for tomorrow seems unlikely.

Yea, apparently Yesil is making his U-21 debut tonight so will not be part of the Sunderland match squad.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:22 pm

RedOranje wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:Btw Yesil is most likely for the U21s tonight. . So him having any chance for tomorrow seems unlikely.

Yea, apparently Yesil is making his U-21 debut tonight so will not be part of the Sunderland match squad.

He is accompanied by Morgan . . So, I guess that puts Morgan out of contention too. . hmm
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:33 am

What exactly is the 20 man squad? Two people have to be left out of the squad.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:45 am

Well the manager can only choose 18 players for each game day (11 starters, and 7 subs). But the 20 man squad is a preliminary list that the manager makes to tell the players which of them are in the running to make the squad for said gameday. I guess it motivates players to do extra well in training so their not the one cut from the final list.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:33 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Well the manager can only choose 18 players for each game day (11 starters, and 7 subs). But the 20 man squad is a preliminary list that the manager makes to tell the players which of them are in the running to make the squad for said gameday. I guess it motivates players to do extra well in training so their not the one cut from the final list.

Exactly so Thumbs up
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:46 am

A little less than 10 hours left to the game.....I'm psyched cheers Cannot wait to get a glimpse of Assidi :bow:

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:54 am

And 5 hours until the first BPL game of the day, I've caught a little fever so this is a perfect day to devote to watching three games of BPL footy :bow:

Just finding it hard to decide between the 3pm GMT matches which one to watch, QPR v Chelsea, Aston Villa v Swansea, Stoke v Manc City... hmm

Anyway, what makes it perfect indeed is that Liverpool's game is the last one, a climax to this day. Can't wait!
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:59 am

I would've definitely woken up at 5am to watch Norwich vs. West Ham has Carroll not been injured Sad ....I think I'm going to have to value sleep over that match.

Art you should definitely think about watching Arsenal vs. Southampton. That game will be end to end stuff Thumbs up That's the one I'll definitely wake up for.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:40 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:I would've definitely woken up at 5am to watch Norwich vs. West Ham has Carroll not been injured Sad ....I think I'm going to have to value sleep over that match.

Art you should definitely think about watching Arsenal vs. Southampton. That game will be end to end stuff Thumbs up That's the one I'll definitely wake up for.

Where are you living, it's definately not Denmark Very Happy

I've a feeling Arsenal will win easily, leaning towards QPR Chelsea.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:51 am

I live in the states (Arizona cheers) The Denmark flag is just there for the time being for with the lack of Agger in my avatar.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by edulfc Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:20 pm

sorry, but i dont share the enthusiasm around here.
I simply dont see us getting results here, from the review of the last matches we still have the same problems. Though we control the game, we still cant create chances, lack finishing, still rely on same tactics - no plan b for deadlock situations.
I see br's tactics as a long term plan and we wont be seeing sudden results.
I'm expecting atmost a draw from this game.

edulfc
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:59 pm

edulfc wrote:sorry, but i dont share the enthusiasm around here.
I simply dont see us getting results here, from the review of the last matches we still have the same problems. Though we control the game, we still cant create chances, lack finishing, still rely on same tactics - no plan b for deadlock situations.
I see br's tactics as a long term plan and we wont be seeing sudden results.
I'm expecting atmost a draw from this game.

Edu! You should come here more often, man!

As for your post, I agree and disagree. Brain says "You're right, Sunderland are usually solid and have got good results, while we are at sixes and sevens, I'd take a draw". Heart says "It's Liverpool FC, get in! and leave with three points!"
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:36 pm

Liverpool XI vs Sunderland - Reina, Kelly, Agger, Skrtel, Johnson, Shelvey, Gerrard, Allen, Sterling, Borini, Suarez

Subs: Jones, Enrique, Sahin, Assaidi, Henderson, Downing, Carragher

Poor boy Suso didn't get the nod. . Sad

My friend Edu . . . for today its not enthusiasm its solid belief Very Happy
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:13 pm

No Assaidi starting Sad
Seriously we're starting Sterling almost every game now
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by edulfc Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:27 pm

@art, thanks man, i will try to post more regularly.
You're probably right. The truth is, i've been using my heart for the past three matches with high hopes and visions but each time they keep being shattered and i've been forced to see the reality. Cant afford to put my heart in this cos i'm preparing for my exams starting on monday and a loss would affect me adversely.
Though i pray we win, but i really gotta use my head in this. I will be satisfied if we just play good footy and the new and young players perform well. Wont be affected by the result.

@fahim, i really love your passion man and i hope we win this just for your sake atleast. YNWA!

edulfc
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:36 pm

Borini in the middle cheers Suarez on the left
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:53 pm

Luis has been awful on the left...he doesn't get enough touches tbh
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:00 pm

Awful defending...simply awful...Reina what r u doing?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:21 pm

Very lackluster first half, so many misplaced passes :facepalm: Borini should've finished his chance. Sunderland have done nothing yet they're winning :facepalm: Johnson on the left is very prone to defensive mistakes. Kelly doesn't add anything on the right attacking wise, at least so far.

Hoping to see Sahin and Assaidi second half.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:30 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Awful defending...simply awful...Reina what r u doing?

...covering his near post? You know, exactly what he was getting slaughtered for NOT doing last season by the very same people now attacking him for doing so...
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:38 pm

Hit the bar again.... Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:48 pm

What a chance Shocked post again Mad
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next