Serie A wage bills revealed

3 posters

Go down

Serie A wage bills revealed Empty Serie A wage bills revealed

Post by Juventude Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:27 pm

Milan have cut their yearly wage bill by €60m, but they are still the biggest payers in the Italian top flight.

The Gazzetta dello Sport have published their annual review of Serie A salaries and it shows that many clubs have taken action in view of the Financial Fair Play rules.

After a summer of waving goodbye to a host of veteran players, as well as Thiago Silva and Zlatan Ibrahimovic, the Diavolo now pay out €120m a season.

City rivals Inter have also been busy cutting costs and they have saved €40m after sacrificing big earners such as Julio Cesar, Lucio, Douglas Maicon and Diego Forlan.

Juventus’ costs have actually increased slightly, while Roma’s attempts to improve their books were affected by the new contract of Daniele De Rossi who is on €6m a campaign.

Genoa have saved €7m, Siena €4m and Palermo €2.6m.

Club wage bill and highest earner: Milan €120m (Pato €4m), Juventus €115m (Buffon €6m), Inter €100m (Sneijder €6m), Roma €95m (De Rossi €6m), Lazio €66.2m (Klose €2.1m), Napoli €53.2m (Cavani €4.5m), Fiorentina €38.8m (Jovetic €2.5m), Sampdoria €29.8m (Palombo €1.5m), Genoa €28.9m (Borriello €1.4m), Bologna €28.4m (Gilardino €1.2m), Atalanta €23.7m (Denis €1m), Palermo €23.4m (Miccoli €1.2m), Torino €22m (Bianchi €1.3m), Udinese €21.2m (Di Natale €1.3m), Parma €21.2m (Amauri €1m), Siena €18.9m (D’Agostino €0.8m), Catania €18m (Andujar €0.6m), Cagliari €15.9m (Conti €0.75m), Chievo €15.9m (Pellissier €0.8m), Pescara €10.8m (Celik €0.4m).

Meanwhile, the top 10 earners in Serie A are: Buffon (Juventus), De Rossi (Roma) and Sneijder (Inter) €6m, Totti (Roma) €5m, Cavani (Napoli) and Milito (Inter) €4.5m, Cambiasso (Inter), Mexes (Milan), Pato (Milan) and Robinho (Milan) €4m.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Serie A wage bills revealed Empty Re: Serie A wage bills revealed

Post by Juventude Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:29 pm

I'm a little surprised that our wage bill is that high. I wonder how much we are still paying players from bad transfers that are either out on loan or Conte doesn't play. I bet our wage bill could actually go down in the next few years as the contracts of players like Melo, Martinez, and Ziegler disapper.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by davidsNC Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:56 pm

dropping those three could help, but if we sign a WC striker, that could bounce it right back up. i think we have more room to spend b/c of our stadium revenue, but i might not be completely right about that
davidsNC
davidsNC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:21 pm

davidsNC wrote:dropping those three could help, but if we sign a WC striker, that could bounce it right back up. i think we have more room to spend b/c of our stadium revenue, but i might not be completely right about that

You're right about the stadium revenue, but we need to also remember the debt we built up from 2006 to recent years and the money we spent in building the stadium. Those debts and loans will need to be paid off in time. I think that we will really see the benefits of the stadium in 3-5 years. At this point, I think that we only see minor benefits.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MMM Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:40 pm

Juventude wrote:I'm a little surprised that our wage bill is that high. I wonder how much we are still paying players from bad transfers that are either out on loan or Conte doesn't play. I bet our wage bill could actually go down in the next few years as the contracts of players like Melo, Martinez, and Ziegler disapper.
add iaquinta to that list. I think he earns more than martinez or ziegler.
MMM
MMM
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:29 pm

MMM wrote:
Juventude wrote:I'm a little surprised that our wage bill is that high. I wonder how much we are still paying players from bad transfers that are either out on loan or Conte doesn't play. I bet our wage bill could actually go down in the next few years as the contracts of players like Melo, Martinez, and Ziegler disapper.
add iaquinta to that list. I think he earns more than martinez or ziegler.

I left him off because this is the last year of his contract. I am pretty sure that we are still stuck with Melo, Martinez, and Ziegler's salaries next season unless we sell them.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down