Berbatov - "I couldn't say goodbye to Ferguson"

+3
Lex
LeBéninois
Onyx
7 posters

Go down

Berbatov - "I couldn't say goodbye to Ferguson" Empty Berbatov - "I couldn't say goodbye to Ferguson"

Post by Onyx Tue 4 Sep 2012 - 15:18

Dimitar Berbatov has criticised Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson for the way he was treated during his final season at the club.

The striker, 31, made only 12 Premier League appearances for United in 2011-12 and moved to Fulham last week.

"I said goodbye to the people who deserve it, I couldn't say goodbye to Ferguson," said the Bulgarian.
"I know he's the boss but he has lost, to some extent, my respect because of the way he treated me."
Berbatov moved to Old Trafford from Tottenham for £30.75m in 2008 and was the Premier League's top scorer in 2010-11.

But he was left out of United's squad for the 2011 Champions League final against Barcelona and then featured only fleetingly last season.

"I don't think I deserved such treatment at United, not playing in the last year," he told reporters in Sofia.

"I went probably 15 times to ask the coach if he needed me. Every time I was told that I'm an important player and should not leave but then again I was not in the team. Maybe I should have gone when he left me out of the squad for the Champions League final."

The summer arrivals of Robin van Persie and Shinji Kagawa pushed Berbatov further down the pecking order, with Wayne Rooney, Javier Hernandez and Danny Welbeck already preferred up front.
Berbatov believes he fell out of favour because Ferguson wanted to play with a different style.

"He tried to explain to me that the team will be using a more direct style, with more speed," said the striker. "But I've never been among the fastest players. I like to hold the ball, this is my style.

"I found it hard to accept his decision, I still have my dignity. I scored many goals, I won the league two times and I was the league top scorer, so it's not bad.

"I'll have no problems playing against United as this already happened in my career. But there's no point to look back again."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19470785

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Berbatov - "I couldn't say goodbye to Ferguson" Empty Re: Berbatov - "I couldn't say goodbye to Ferguson"

Post by LeBéninois Tue 4 Sep 2012 - 16:08

Man, when Ferguson put Owen on that bench and left Berbatov out i lost some respect for Ferguson and i don't think it will ever get back
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Berbatov - "I couldn't say goodbye to Ferguson" Empty Re: Berbatov - "I couldn't say goodbye to Ferguson"

Post by Lex Tue 4 Sep 2012 - 16:25

Lol Dorito ahead of Berbatov Laughing Fergie is a bit of an a-hole
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue 4 Sep 2012 - 16:32

He was treated a bit harshly considering. I also agreed with his comments about Fiorentina being mad at him I think he gave during this same interview. Best of luck to him at Fulham, I still think he will end up being a top 5 goalscorer in the league this year.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue 4 Sep 2012 - 17:24

It's a shame what Fergie did to him. Every time he played he always played well, he didn't deserve the treatment given to him. If he wasn't going to play Fergie could have at least told him so, it's sad to see a player like Berbatov or Sahin sit on the bench for a year.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri 7 Sep 2012 - 5:06

Glad he's with Fulham now. Always loved the man's style.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri 7 Sep 2012 - 7:43

CBarca wrote:It's a shame what Fergie did to him. Every time he played he always played well, he didn't deserve the treatment given to him. If he wasn't going to play Fergie could have at least told him so, it's sad to see a player like Berbatov or Sahin sit on the bench for a year.

Sahin was injured until February. He had knee surgery last September. Madrid was already set with rotations and wasn't going to incorporate a new and rusty player at that point.

This year, when Mou decided that he would rarely play, we loaned him immediately. So i have no idea what you're talking about. We could easily have held on to them. Same goes for Granero and Lass. But madrid won't move people at under valued prices... Only reason Kaka is still here.

How about Barca and Cesc? Villa? Etc.

You can't play everyone.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down