Kick
Abramovich
FalcaoPunch
Lex
nasir6371
27 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Those who leave will be Champions??  - Page 2 Empty Re: Those who leave will be Champions??

Post by aleumdance Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:14 pm

I remember before season 2004/05

I swear to you, I never knew any Chelsea fan

Let them enjoy mate, Keep the Faith, ignore erm and they would just give us more attention, like they are doing

aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Those who leave will be Champions??  - Page 2 Empty Re: Those who leave will be Champions??

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:22 pm

AnJl wrote:
Would love to see how may of them will remain fans if their club was running on a tight budget with no sugar daddies.

Thats a bit rich.U wouldnt be even supporting Arsenal if they werent successful and popular in the first place.

Its not like u are supporting Moha Bagan or Bradford city is it? Laughing
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:37 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
AnJl wrote:
Would love to see how may of them will remain fans if their club was running on a tight budget with no sugar daddies.

Thats a bit rich.U wouldnt be even supporting Arsenal if they werent successful and popular in the first place.

[quote="Beautif moulGame"]

Started supporting Arsenal in 1999, when I could have easily supported Manchester United or be running behind Madrid or Bayern. ( I still remember the first club team I ever watched was real madrid)

And by the way, it isnt like YOU are supporting Bradford City now, are you?

Actually, i have respect for Liverpool fans because despite the crap they are going through, they have stuck by their team. That is a true fan.

The very fact you tried to act smart for following a club when i could have joined more popular/famous clubs shows how desperate you are to try to get one up.
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:40 pm

[quote="AnJl"]
BeautifulGame wrote:
AnJl wrote:

Beautif moulGame wrote:

Started supporting Arsenal in 1999, when I could have easily supported Manchester United or be running behind Madrid or Bayern. ( I still remember the first club team I ever watched was real madrid)

And by the way, it isnt like YOU are supporting Bradford City now, are you?

Actually, i have respect for Liverpool fans because despite the crap they are going through, they have stuck by their team. That is a true fan.

The very fact you tried to act smart for following a club when i could have joined more popular/famous clubs shows how desperate you are to try to get one up.

He didn't try to accuse other fans of being plastic, though. That's the thing about pointing out hypocrisy - it doesn't make YOU a hypocrite for breaking what you say, because you're criticizing the very flip floppy nature of the act, not the original statement itself. You being plastic while calling other people plastic = hypocritical, him supposedly being plastic while calling you hypocritical = him being right.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:47 pm

aleumdance wrote:I remember before season 2004/05

I swear to you, I never knew any Chelsea fan

Let them enjoy mate, Keep the Faith, ignore erm and they would just give us more attention, like they are doing

Those who leave will be Champions??  - Page 2 Mayhem%20cool%20story%20bro
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:04 pm

Laughing

Last edited by Nameless on Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:06 pm

Who said they went for the money? I mean who would pay 25m for Ade and pay him 200k a week? even a blind man could see that he is not worth that.

Last time I check Ade is a reject and only won a trophy cus City was pimping him out all around Europe till Madrid picked up and won him a trophy.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:15 pm

nasir6371 wrote:44 Trophies won Shocked by all the players that left since Arsenal won anything... Could be 46 if Barca win the super cup by next week. They all left for the money Suspect .

2005 — PATRICK VIEIRA to Juventus: 3 Serie A titles (Inter), 1 FA Cup (Man City).

2006 — SOL CAMPBELL to Portsmouth: 1 FA Cup. ASHLEY COLE to Chelsea: 1 Prem Lge, 4 FA Cups, 1 Lge Cup, 1 Champs Lge. SEBASTIAN LARSSON to Birmingham: 1 Carling Cup. LAUREN to Portsmouth: 1 FA Cup. JOSE ANTONIO REYES to R Madrid: 1 La Liga, 1 Portuguese Lge Cup (Benfica), 2 Europa Lge, 1 Uefa SuperCup

2007 — THIERRY HENRY to Barcelona: 2 La Liga, 1 Spanish Cup, 1 Champs Lge, 1 Uefa SuperCup, 1 Club World Cup. LASSANA DIARRA to Portsmouth: 1 FA Cup, 1 Spanish Cup (R Madrid), 1 La Liga.

2008 — MATHIEU FLAMINI to Milan: 1 Serie A. ALEXANDER HLEB to Barcelona: 1 Champs Lge, 1 La Liga, 1 Spanish Cup, 1 Lge Cup (Birmingham). GILBERTO SILVA to Panathinaikos: 1 Greek Lge, 1 Greek Cup.

2009 — EMMANUEL ADEBAYOR to Man City: Spanish Cup (loan R Madrid). KOLO TOURE to Man City: 1 FA Cup, 1 Premier Lge.

2010 — FRAN MERIDA to A Madrid: 1 Euro SuperCup.

2011 — CESC FABREGAS to Barcelona: 1 Euro SuperCup, 1 Club World Cup, 1 Spanish Cup. Gael Clichy to Man City: 1 Prem Lge. SAMIR NASRI to Man City: 1 Premier League.

LINK

Yea none of these players won Major trophies with Arsenal.
Those who leave will be Champions??  - Page 2 Henry-piresThose who leave will be Champions??  - Page 2 ~Photo?id=936fde1f-684d-4241-89ba-824d106eebf2&width=0&height=0
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:52 pm

so aparently you have to be a fan of a team that doesnt win trophies in order to be a real fan

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:07 pm

His point was that players that leave Arsenal don't just leave for money. Not that players haven't won trophies at Arsenal before.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:13 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:His point was that players that leave Arsenal don't just leave for money. Not that players haven't won trophies at Arsenal before.

Ade, Nasri, Cole all left for the money, the rest are debatable.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:20 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:His point was that players that leave Arsenal don't just leave for money. Not that players haven't won trophies at Arsenal before.

Ade, Nasri, Cole all left for the money, the rest are debatable.

Ade and Cole yeh. Nasri is debatable though.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:20 pm

Those who leave will be Champions??  - Page 2 539392_515522375140118_542718482_n
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:23 pm

jibers wrote:Those who leave will be Champions??  - Page 2 539392_515522375140118_542718482_n

Good one Jibers, but its sad that Nasri makes almost twice Cesc makes, and lets not even bring up RIP. :coffee:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:28 pm

AnJl wrote:
aleumdance wrote:Anjl

Idiots.. Idiots Everwhere mate..

Some people are so obsessed with Arsenal, its fantastic how we don;t need to wina Trphy to be top paper content

I'm sorry but this is getting insane. The illusion that Arsenal has no money is such a farce it's incredible.

You have 2 of the richest men in the world who own most of your club yet you employ a model that DOES NOT WIN TROPHIES in the current climate of football.

This OP was not needed but I'm sick and tired of hearing how broke Arsenal are.

EVERYONE who owns a football team will tell you and it's a pretty popular saying that if you buy a football team do it for the love of the game not to make money.

It's disgusting to hear from Arsenal fans (not all as I know some are fed up with the current model) A. Not knowing how rich the people who own there club actually are B. Think making money is an escuse for the total downfall of where you were about a decade ago. C. Just refusing to change with the climate of the games and think it's a positive.

Here is what the last poster said,

"Would love to see how may of them will remain fans if their club was running on a tight budget with no sugar daddies"

YOU HAVE SUGAR DADDIES BUT THEY ARE JUST POCKETING THE MONEY AND THE OTHER ONE IS SCREAMING MAD ABOUT THE CURRENT MODEL.

Usmanov is trying to buy as many shares as possible and is one of the richest men on the planet but he's not even allowed a seat on the board.

Here's an excerpt from a letter he wrote to the board and Gazidis especially.

The letter continued: 'In our view it is clear you are trying to distract attention from the more fundamental issues facing the club.

These are the financial model, the lack of investment and club's future strategic direction.

'At the heart of this is the policy of so-called self-financing.

'The previous decision by the board to fund the building of the Emirates Stadium with long-term debt was, we believe, certainly not about self-financing.'

Red & White, who point out they have 'invested circa £200million of cash', set out their 'vision' for Arsenal.

The letter added: 'It is simple. A debt free club, with a big enough war chest to buy top talent players who can hit the ground running and who can complement the club's long tradition of developing young players and homegrown talent.

'Together they can help the club win the most prestigious trophies - because it is the trophies which are the crowning achievement for everybody at the club.'

Red & White closed their letter by wishing Kroenke 'every success', although stressing they have 'deep reservations about the viability of the policies being pursued by his management team and sanctioned by the board'.

The letter concluded: 'Finally and reflecting our long-term commitment to the club, we will continue to purchase more shares in the club from anyone who wants to sell them to us.

Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:33 pm

AnJl wrote:

please tell me more about how tight is your club's budget

Those who leave will be Champions??  - Page 2 Meme

maybe arsenal fans should stop acting like little bitches everytime someone leaves them for a better club *GASP* yes, there are better clubs

cole left for the money yet won basically every single trophy available on the club scene hmm
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:34 pm

Dnmac4 wrote:
AnJl wrote:
aleumdance wrote:Anjl

Idiots.. Idiots Everwhere mate..

Some people are so obsessed with Arsenal, its fantastic how we don;t need to wina Trphy to be top paper content

I'm sorry but this is getting insane. The illusion that Arsenal has no money is such a farce it's incredible.

You have 2 of the richest men in the world who own most of your club yet you employ a model that DOES NOT WIN TROPHIES in the current climate of football.

This OP was not needed but I'm sick and tired of hearing how broke Arsenal are.

EVERYONE who owns a football team will tell you and it's a pretty popular saying that if you buy a football team do it for the love of the game not to make money.

It's disgusting to hear from Arsenal fans (not all as I know some are fed up with the current model) A. Not knowing how rich the people who own there club actually are B. Think making money is an escuse for the total downfall of where you were about a decade ago. C. Just refusing to change with the climate of the games and think it's a positive.

Here is what the last poster said,

"Would love to see how may of them will remain fans if their club was running on a tight budget with no sugar daddies"

YOU HAVE SUGAR DADDIES BUT THEY ARE JUST POCKETING THE MONEY AND THE OTHER ONE IS SCREAMING MAD ABOUT THE CURRENT MODEL.

Usmanov is trying to buy as many shares as possible and is one of the richest men on the planet but he's not even allowed a seat on the board.

Here's an excerpt from a letter he wrote to the board and Gazidis especially.

The letter continued: 'In our view it is clear you are trying to distract attention from the more fundamental issues facing the club.

These are the financial model, the lack of investment and club's future strategic direction.

'At the heart of this is the policy of so-called self-financing.

'The previous decision by the board to fund the building of the Emirates Stadium with long-term debt was, we believe, certainly not about self-financing.'

Red & White, who point out they have 'invested circa £200million of cash', set out their 'vision' for Arsenal.

The letter added: 'It is simple. A debt free club, with a big enough war chest to buy top talent players who can hit the ground running and who can complement the club's long tradition of developing young players and homegrown talent.

'Together they can help the club win the most prestigious trophies - because it is the trophies which are the crowning achievement for everybody at the club.'

Red & White closed their letter by wishing Kroenke 'every success', although stressing they have 'deep reservations about the viability of the policies being pursued by his management team and sanctioned by the board'.

The letter concluded: 'Finally and reflecting our long-term commitment to the club, we will continue to purchase more shares in the club from anyone who wants to sell them to us.

I for one cant stand Kroenke, and would love to have usmanov take over not to spend big money but to just keep our players.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:50 pm

Those who leave will be Champions??  - Page 2 293011_410955238963397_990386304_n

harsh but I lol'd

In any case Cazorla is probably the best signing they've had in a while. I think he'll do great.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:32 pm

LOL
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:27 pm

I thought it is my job to find te plastic here, slow down arsenal fans!!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:12 pm

Ok lets do RM from 08/09-09/10 when they won nothing. and the players that left

Sneijder- 5
Huntelaar- 2
Robben- 4
Negredo - 1
Heinze- 3
Javier Garica- 4
Saviola- 4
Robinho- 2
Garay-1
Balboa- 1
Cassano- 2

Thats 25 trophies
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:39 am

Yeah but we've been winning stuff too, which is the entire point Laughing
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:49 am

comparing arsenal to madrid, that was a bad idea dude. lol.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:11 am

how is it a bad idea? get off your high horse. stop acting like Arsenal have never won a trophy ffs.

this thread is dumb and pointless + Legend made a very legit comparison..

Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:15 am

No he didn't. Madrid sold those players, it was never a case of them forcing a move out, so if you want to make fun of something make fun of our transfer dealings which even then have been good recently.

I like Arsenal and hope they win something. I really have no idea why you bring Madrid in this when the situations of both clubs are not even remotely comparable.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:25 am

I like Madrid too (mostly because of Puskas) and you're right, the situations of the 2 clubs aren't comparable. What is comparable, though, is how those said players didn't win things with Madrid, but won trophies with the clubs they left Madrid for, just like how the OP states "Those who leave will be Champions??"

The way I see it, for Arsenal, most of those who left, even if they had won a free ride to trophies, completely fell off and were no longer big players or highly sought after by other clubs.

The players that left Madrid were also much more integral to their new clubs than players that left us in recent years like Hleb and Flamini who became useless deadwood at their new homes, and most of the players who left us bar a couple like Henry(who in no way just jumped ship) , and A.Cole

The manner in which our players jumped ship, vs how yours were sold are not comparable though, I agree.
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next