dronte
Luca
Tomwin Lannister
DeviAngel
8 posters

Go down

Juve target Llorente England bound  Empty Juve target Llorente England bound

Post by DeviAngel Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:24 pm

Juventus’ hopes of landing Athletic Bilbao striker Fernando Llorente seem dead after the players’ agent spoke to the English Press.

The Bianconeri, desperate for a lead striker ahead of dual campaigns in Serie A and the Champions League, have been heavily linked with the forward dubbed 'The Lion King' in recent weeks.

However, Llorente's representative Arino Bajo has now made it clear that his client's likeliest destination is the Premier League.

"Tomorrow Llorente will speak about his destination,” Bajo informed The Telegraph.

“It is very, very possible he will decide to go to the Premier League. I don’t know the club at the moment but there are two interested. One is in London and one is in Manchester.”

Bajo refused to specify the identity of those suitors, but Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester City are the favourites to sign the Spain international.=
=======

I think its just mind game for Juve to offer more and get him
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Juve target Llorente England bound  Empty Re: Juve target Llorente England bound

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:26 pm

Tottenham just signed Ade, although this article cme out today before that was official.

If city buy him I hope FFP ruin that club. Like I said in another post we can't get a single striker without city jumping all over him.

Aguero, Dzeko now maybe Llorente.

If he goes to city we must get Dzeko.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Juve target Llorente England bound  Empty Re: Juve target Llorente England bound

Post by Luca Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:29 pm

I won't lose sleep if Juventus doesn't sign him, the club has missed out on better players

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:31 pm

It's just the fact that we've been after a stirker for so long and we can't get close without City out-bidding us. It drives me mad they should do some market research of their own and not jump on Juventus targets.

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:32 pm

They would be stupid to buy Llorente and then sell Dzeko, imo.. I still rate Dzeko higher and he is a more complete player than Llorente

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:36 pm

Common sense hardly plays into City's spending.

Mancini is just greedy and doesn't shut his mouth when he's not buying 3 big games every transfer window.

I mean they could make a starting 11 of strikers and they have Tevez, Aguero, Balo, Dzeko fighting for two spots. Any of those players would be our main striker

Not to mention how over the odds they pay for the likes of Milner.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:37 pm

dronte wrote:They would be stupid to buy Llorente and then sell Dzeko, imo.. I still rate Dzeko higher and he is a more complete player than Llorente

actually no. Llorente is more complete for me he can dribble and he has better movement than him DZeko is just mreo clinical
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by k2blt Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:42 am

Money talks... Man City, PSG, Chelsea & the likes have made football what it is today. It is abusiness after all. I'm all for Marotta spending wisely, but without results, we will not attract these "big name" players. We likely need a more clinical finisher if we are to make progress on the CL front. Cavani is my ideal target, but Llorente would make sense for us as well.

k2blt
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:15 pm

TomJuve wrote:Common sense hardly plays into City's spending.

Mancini is just greedy and doesn't shut his mouth when he's not buying 3 big games every transfer window.

I mean they could make a starting 11 of strikers and they have Tevez, Aguero, Balo, Dzeko fighting for two spots. Any of those players would be our main striker

Not to mention how over the odds they pay for the likes of Milner.

It's a bit ridiculous to think that City jumps on a player because we are rumored to be going after him. We have pursued the same players because those have been the best players that have actually been available for transfer in the last few years. City can pay more money, which is largely why they have been successful in signing players that we have both targeted. Teams only became interested in Llorente after he stated he would refuse to sign a new contract. Juve did not just start pursuing him because we scouted him and then Man City followed.

Also, there is nothing wrong with having four quality strikers competing for two spots. We should have four quality strikers, but we don't. Juventus once had similar options before calciopoli with players like Trez, Del P, Ibra, Zalayeta, and Mutu competing for playing time.

Look at most of the top teams in the EPL, La Liga, and Bundesliga and see how many good strikers they have competing for four spots. United has Chicharito, Rooney, Van P, Berbatov, Macheda, and Welbeck. Teams need depth with the number of club and international commitments and the potential for injuries.

Also, remember that in the EPL, there are so many competitions with the FA Cup, Carling Cup, Premier League, and UCL. There is plenty of playing time for four quality strikers.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:47 am

If Llorente goes to City, we should go for Dzeko. Theyre similar players from what ive seen, on the same level and about the same price, so it doesnt matter to me.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juvefan4life Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:25 pm

If Llorente goes to Premier League we should try to sign Falcao even though he is much more expensive he is better

juvefan4life
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down