CBarca
Sir Psycho
BarcaKizz
Donuts
The Sanchez
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Joan Gamper Trophy: FC Barcelona vs Sampdoria Empty Joan Gamper Trophy: FC Barcelona vs Sampdoria

Post by The Sanchez Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:21 am

Date: Monday, 08/20/2012 22:00

Competition: Joan Gamper Trophy

Stadium: Camp Nou

City: Barcelona

Capacity: 99786

Television: TV3

A minor trophy and well tbh I really don't expect any big names to play in this match especially with SuperCopa on Friday (Thursday night for some...). Saying that, this match provides a perfect opportunity for some of the irregulars to have a go. Expect blokes like Montoya, Pinto, Barta, Fontas, JDS (if he still with the club), Afellay to get a go on the pitch

My lineup:

Pinto, Montoya, Barta, Fontas, Adriano/Planas, JDS, Roberto, Rafinha, Afellay, Villa (half the game), Tello
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Joan Gamper Trophy: FC Barcelona vs Sampdoria Empty Re: Joan Gamper Trophy: FC Barcelona vs Sampdoria

Post by Donuts Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:52 am

Don't expect Villa to go, just Barcelona B to be honest.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Joan Gamper Trophy: FC Barcelona vs Sampdoria Empty Re: Joan Gamper Trophy: FC Barcelona vs Sampdoria

Post by The Sanchez Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:53 am

Donuts wrote:Don't expect Villa to go, just Barcelona B to be honest.

True. I think Tito mentioned that Villa will probably won't play with others as well.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:59 am

Sergio Araujo said on his twitter he will be playing. It'll probably be Barca B plus a few. However, I expect a cameo from Song. They will just tell him to go out for a run for 20 mins I reckon.

Maybe a few minutes for Villa or someone as well, but might not be worth the risk. Only a friendly though... 15 mins would be fine.

Pinto
Montoya Bartra Fontas Adriano
Dos Santos
Roberto Espinosa
Afellay Rafinha Deulofeu

Subs to come on: Oier, Gomez, Planas, Song, maybe Fabregas, Roman?, Araujo, Villa?, Tello, Dongou
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Psycho Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:24 am

There is going to be a tribute for the 92' European Cup winning squad.. but I already know two popular figures who won't be attending.
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:27 am

I really want to win this one... Laughing

Nah but it should be fun.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:30 pm

i was wondering why Barcelona arranged this game just 2 days before a big clash......

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:39 pm

Will Song feature in this match?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:22 pm

Any team news?
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:52 pm

Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:Any team news?

16 Barca B players in squad.

Can people post links here? I'd like to watch the presentation and opening ceremony.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Psycho Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:58 pm

Barcelona line-up (official): Pinto - Montoya Bartra Fontas Planas - Espinosa DosSantos S.Roberto - Afellay Villa Deulofeu
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:11 pm

http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?matchid=165776&part=sports

Should be able to find a good link from here.

Won't be able to watch much do to having football practice at the same time Sad
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:29 pm

http://www.tv3.cat/3alacarta/#/directes/TV3
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:07 pm

BarcaKizz wrote:http://www.tv3.cat/3alacarta/#/directes/TV3

I always use this site though it ain't working now, showing some documentary.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:07 pm

Awful game but that was to be expected...

Btw with how many starter did sampdoria play with? If it was 5 or more than iI dont know what to say of them parking the bus against a team full with resrerve/18 years olds + villa...

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:09 pm

Isint that a bit too disrespectful towards fans. Just sayin
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:18 pm

The fans do not expect us to play a full side considering we had a liga game yesterday+ the supercup in 3 days against the scum.

I'm sure the fans who were present understood. Though I would be slightly disappointed with the showing of the youngsters
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:58 am

what was the final score?
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Psycho Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:01 am

1-0 to Sampdoria.
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:42 am

Fontas made a bit of a disaster with the goal though his overall performance was quite good considering his strandards. He was up to the challenge when Sampdoria were on the counter. Barta played magnificently alongside. JDS was disappionting. He really does look crap when dealing with opponents who have physical strength. He always came second best when shoulder to shoulder with an opponent and his tackling and passing wasn't that great. I still have faith in him though with Song coming in and Thiago coming back from injury, he will definately need a loan, same with Fontas. Planas played well. Made good runs, supporting the midfielders/strikers and always came back when Sampdoria were on the counter. Afellay gradually became better and more seen throughout the game. Deuf was good on the wing and usually beated his man and was causing lots of trouble. His crosses were decent as well though no one was there to connect with it.
Too many long balls for my liking and our final ball wasn't there and therefore not many chances especially inside the penalty area.
It really was a chance for unknowns to get more of an opportunity to shine though I expected more tbh.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:24 am

I only watched first half... only possitive thing from these 45 minutes was Sergi. he still needs improvement of course but he's trying hard and he's showing glimpses of talent
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:30 am

Deulofeu needs to learn three things in his attacking game and will be unstoppable:

a) When he receives the ball and is double marked, pass the ball instantly. FAST. One touch if possible. Alexis or Pedro do this very well, they should tutor him.

b) When he receives the ball and is not double marked, he can go for the drible but should try to go for it with speed, instead of slowing down the tempo. (allowing the opposition team to come and double marking him). Robben and Di Maria do this great.

c) Should learn to move from wide to the middle and to come from deep to connect with the midfield and then pass it fast under pressure. Pedro does this very well and could tutor him.

He obviously has other problems but they are mostly physical, defensive and tactical.

Aside from that, he again showed he is a machine yesterday toying with Sampdoria defenders. He dribled like... 10 times?

free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:44 am

For something which is just a glorified friendly Sampdoria did play very defensively. They probably saw it as a game to try out a formation or tactic though.

Oh, and Bartra :bow:
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:07 pm

Sergi Roberto and Bartra proved that they are ready to play for the 1st team...

Deulofeu - very talented, but he's decision making :facepalm: Anyway, he's still 18 and another year in Segunda will help him a lot, he already started great by scoring a hattrick... Last season he finished the season with 9 goals and 7 assists (in 34 games, 23 starts) - Let's hope he can keep on improving...

Espinosa, if he's just better physically, he can become a World Class player...
He has great skills, technique, vision, can dribble etc..
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:32 pm

Khaled wrote:Sergi Roberto and Bartra proved that they are ready to play for the 1st team...

Deulofeu - very talented, but he's decision making :facepalm: Anyway, he's still 18 and another year in Segunda will help him a lot, he already started great by scoring a hattrick... Last season he finished the season with 9 goals and 7 assists (in 34 games, 23 starts) - Let's hope he can keep on improving...

Espinosa, if he's just better physically, he can become a World Class player...
He has great skills, technique, vision, can dribble etc..

Agree on Espinosa... kid has serious talent, really impressive. He's the most lightweight player I've ever seen though. He's built like a prepubescent boy.

Dos Santos is clearly gone for me... Him being in the stands the other night instead of Roberto proved that to me. Roberto seems to have matured a lot. I think a few of his last season's performances with the first team didn't reflect his ability.

I think Tello and Roberto could spend a lot of the season with the 1st team and Afellay, Fontas and DS could go.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next