Adam Johnson to Sunderland for 11 mill, is this Crazy???

+30
DeletedUser#1
urbaNRoots
LeBéninois
TheRedStag
justdoit_
Be/\/ceCALI
BeautifulGame
free_cat
EL Patron
EarlyPrototype
Art Morte
Kick
Kingofeverythingclassy
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
Ganso
RealGunner
fatman123
VanDeezNuts
Gil
Swanhends
McAgger
Blue Barrett
Onyx
II Capitano
Great Leader Sprucenuce
VendettaRed07
Jay29
vivabarca38
Le Samourai
Dnmac4
34 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Adam Johnson to Sunderland for 11 mill, is this Crazy??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Adam Johnson to Sunderland for 11 mill, is this Crazy???

Post by Gil Sun 19 Aug - 2:30:00

Walcott is clearly better than him when he's used right. Theo is one of the most productive players in the PL.

He was class for City the first 6 months or so when they first bought him. Was shite against the big sides but he only just came from the Championship to be fair.

If the c**t would actually bother to defend I wouldn't mind taking him. He's better than Hulk imo.

Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Adam Johnson to Sunderland for 11 mill, is this Crazy??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Adam Johnson to Sunderland for 11 mill, is this Crazy???

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun 19 Aug - 2:37:09

I find it hilarious how non-pl fans hate Lennon and Walcott so much.

HEZ GOTZ NO TECHNIQUEZZZZZZZZZ

They are both extremely effective, doesnt matter if they are kick and run wide players or not what they do works.

Johnson goes missing after 15-20 mins, theres a reason Mancini doesn't trust him.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun 19 Aug - 2:42:32

a lot of people are saying hes inconsistent. maybe this is because he gets inconsistent playing time (subbed here and there and the odd start)?

i think hes a quality player and could start for pretty much any of the top 6

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Sun 19 Aug - 2:43:36

Actually Im a big fan of Lennon,Walcott not so much.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun 19 Aug - 2:44:30

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:NO THANK YOu!!! After this game, I'm fed up with British players. WE already have brave Joe Cole, resilient Stewie Downing, magnificent Charlie Adam, and above all dedicated Andy Carroll!!!
Show some respect for YJC ffs! smoking
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun 19 Aug - 2:45:25

Johnson is a classic example of a MOTD player, hes good enough to make some fantastic highlight reels but hes not as good as they would make him out to be

still 11mil is less then what hes worth, not bad move from Sunderland
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun 19 Aug - 2:46:37

vanDEEZ wrote:a lot of people are saying hes inconsistent. maybe this is because he gets inconsistent playing time (subbed here and there and the odd start)?

He started practically every game the season before last, can people stop using this please.

It's a myth i have busted many times.

And no he would not start for Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd and Newcastle.

Spurs is a debatable one but Lennon is better.

inb4 the laughs and chuckles.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun 19 Aug - 2:46:40

vivabarca38 wrote:Walcott and Gervinho are extremely inconsistent,I dont see anyone yapping about that.

Really? I see people talking about it all the time. Pretty much guaranteed to come up whenever these players are discussed.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun 19 Aug - 2:56:10

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
vanDEEZ wrote:a lot of people are saying hes inconsistent. maybe this is because he gets inconsistent playing time (subbed here and there and the odd start)?

He started practically every game the season before last, can people stop using this please.

It's a myth i have busted many times.

And no he would not start for Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd and Newcastle.

Spurs is a debatable one but Lennon is better.

inb4 the laughs and chuckles.

in the season before last 10/11 he started 15 matches and made 16 appearances as a sub.

not exactly starting every match.

this past season 11/12 he started 10 and made 16 appearances as a sub.
pizarro was the only midfielder to receive less starts

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun 19 Aug - 3:06:12

Thats complete BS and i can prove it

He had 26 starts in 10/11 and was injured for 6 weeks as well.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/55814/adam-johnson?cc=5739

And i said practically every match, he had 31 appearances that year due to injury and started most of them.

The whole he didn't start enough games is a myth, he had his chances and he didn't take them.

As i said there's a reason Mancini doesn't trust him to be any more than a impact player.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun 19 Aug - 3:07:54

vivabarca38 wrote:Actually Im a big fan of Lennon,Walcott not so much.

Then you probably know how shit lennon is compared to walcott ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun 19 Aug - 3:09:58

Lennon is so underrated,hes a great player imo.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun 19 Aug - 3:12:17

Ganso wrote:Lennon is so underrated,hes a great player imo.

Agreed, he might very one-dimensional but he's very effective.

Lennon scares me a lot more than Bale when we play Spurs tbh who by contrast normally is very poor.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Sun 19 Aug - 3:25:36

I wasn't going to bother posting on here any more but some 1 mailed me a link to this thread so might as well attempt to have some input until mini Hitler comes along and deletes my post.

First of all we have not signed Adam Johnson, we have been pursuing him for years and are interested in him but no deal is complete.

The latest up here is that a number of clubs have had bids accepted for him around the same amount. Everton, Spurs, Sunderland and an unnamed club (possibly west ham).

I think the press are making us favorites because of the fact (which hasn't been mentioned here) he is originally from Sunderland, his family are all Sunderland season ticket holders. Prior to him joining City we had agreed a deal with Boro and him to sign for Sunderland, but City came in and chucked bags of money at both him and Boro, we couldn't compete.

Now I know mole will pop up with but hes a Newcastle fan, so I will address that now.

The history of the situation is this, as a kid he supported Sunderland and we rejected him from our youth set up. This was at the time when our academy was new and didn't have a clue, I don't think we had a player in the first team that had came through out system. He joined the Newcastle youth set up before Boro got their hands on him and made him.

Mad We did the same with a few other players that went on to do well at Boro.

I think the persistent attempts to re sign him has made him re evaluate the situation, and apparently he wants to come back to the north east with his family. He has a GF up here. The excuse for him not getting to the Euros was he didn't play enough for City, if he come here he would pretty much be guaranteed first team football.

I personally think he would be a good signing for us, him and Mcclean on the other wing would be quite a potent mix, and would suit the pacey wing style of play MoN likes. Similar to Young and Downing at Villa. Would also give us an alternative for Seb on the right.

However money is still a big factor, I could see spurs offering him better money, especially after loosing Modric.

Finally

Mole you are the biggest hypocrite in the history of internet football forums. When Newcastle where linked with him you were constantly slapping your todger over him wanting him to sign.

And as for inconsistency and MOTD player. Ben Arfa couldn't get a game for most of the season, scored a couple of flukey goals and now hes the French Messi.

In tomorrows papers we have also been linked with Berbatov, another player you have persistently said you would like to see at Newcastle (hes a Newcastle fan loved Shearer Barcelona of the north all that bollocks).

But if we was to sign him it will be a case of oh hes past it, tap in merchant blah blah blah.

Double standards and hypocrisy on this forum really are mind boggling.
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun 19 Aug - 3:27:01

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Thats complete BS and i can prove it

He had 26 starts in 10/11 and was injured for 6 weeks as well.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/55814/adam-johnson?cc=5739

And i said practically every match, he had 31 appearances that year due to injury and started most of them.

The whole he didn't start enough games is a myth, he had his chances and he didn't take them.

As i said there's a reason Mancini doesn't trust him to be any more than a impact player.

i was just using the bpl. the 26 starts that you quoted also comes from eurpa leauge, eurpoa league qualifiers, fa cup, international friendlies (with england), and capital one cup.

even if you go by your terms he had the 15th most starts for city. which means he isnt exactly favored over anyone in his position.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun 19 Aug - 3:36:45

I wanted him when i thought we was going to sell Ben Arfa..... now he's a big part of how we play we don't need him.

Also Ben Arfa was only inconsistent when he didn't actually play.

Since becoming a consistent starter and regaining his fitness and overall match sharpness he's been very consistent.

It's not just about goals or assists either, all our attacks go through him.

Actually i did want Berbatov as a rotation option to Ba and Cisse but it will never happen because of his age and wage demands.

If you sign him then fair do's he would be a quality signing as would Johnson for that matter.

All i said about Johnson is true, but he would be very good outside signing for someone outside the top 6.

Just no one in the top 6 really needs him, he would be in the same scenario he is at City.

Also Ben Arfa was injured till christmas and was nowhere near close to match fit until feb and we didn't have a system in place to suit him and some others.

So, yeah try again Laughing

Also flukey goals Laughing go back to RTG mate and join the rest of bitters on there Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Sun 19 Aug - 3:59:52

Ben Afra on his day is better than most wingers in the league. Love the guy so much (only because he's Muslim Razz ).
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Sun 19 Aug - 5:18:03

Personally I think Adam Johnson & Welbeck are the only 2 guys among the youngsters in England who have any talent.

I think he is an amazing talent. He would walk into any EPL team on the basis of talent. And If I was Bayern Director I would get him in addition RObbery,Shaqiri & Muller

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun 19 Aug - 6:08:44

Kingofeverythingclassy wrote:Personally I think Adam Johnson & Welbeck are the only 2 guys among the youngsters in England who have any talent.

I think he is an amazing talent. He would walk into any EPL team on the basis of talent. And If I was Bayern Director I would get him in addition RObbery,Shaqiri & Muller
Errr....what?

Wilshere, Sturridge, Walker, Bertrand, McEachran, Butland, Oxlade-Chamberlain.....before I go on, what exactly do you mean by "real talent"? Maybe I don't understand well enough. hmm
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Sun 19 Aug - 8:05:08

Barrettinator wrote:
Kingofeverythingclassy wrote:Personally I think Adam Johnson & Welbeck are the only 2 guys among the youngsters in England who have any talent.

Errr....what?

Wilshere, Sturridge, Walker, Bertrand, McEachran, Butland, Oxlade-Chamberlain.....before I go on, what exactly do you mean by "real talent"? Maybe I don't understand well enough. hmm

Wilshire is in the hospital. And I need to see more of Chamberlain. The rest have little skill/technique.

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun 19 Aug - 8:07:34

Bertrand is Cole's Heir.

give him 5 years and he will be the best LB in the world. Bar None.

For 11m I would buy him. then again he would rot on the Chelsea bench too.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun 19 Aug - 8:19:37

I rate Adam Johnson higher than £11m. (It's pounds, right? Would be cool if people actually used the £ and € symbols as there is a difference).

But his wages are probably more than most mid-table teams would want to pay, so that might explain why clubs aren't in a bidding war over the player.

As for Liverpool, I'd welcome AJ.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sun 19 Aug - 12:02:40

Adam Johnson is just an inconsistent and poor mans Di Maria. He isn't worth more than 11 mil. There is a reason Mancini prefers to use Milner on the wings than him lol.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun 19 Aug - 15:22:14

Kingofeverythingclassy wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:

Errr....what?

Wilshire is in the hospital. And I need to see more of Chamberlain. The rest have little skill/technique.
I'd understand if you told me you've never watched the rest of them play rather than saying they have "little skill/tecnique". No offense but that's quite ignorant, tbh.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Sun 19 Aug - 15:50:16

Barrettinator wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:

Errr....what?

I'd understand if you told me you've never watched the rest of them play rather than saying they have "little skill/tecnique". No offense but that's quite ignorant, tbh.

I was trying to be polite. I dont think they have ANY technique. English players in general play a physical indimate,kick & run fast football & I see very few English players having good technique.

For example Lampard for a No.10 has poor technique.

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun 19 Aug - 19:26:29

Barrettinator wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:

Errr....what?

I was trying to be polite. I dont think they have ANY technique. English players in general play a physical indimate,kick & run fast football & I see very few English players having good technique.

For example Lampard for a No.10 has poor technique.

lampard is not a number 10
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next