EPL vs La Liga - Page 2 Empty Re: EPL vs La Liga

Post by Die Borussen Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:57 pm

thats cause barca, madrid > all top EPL clubs Smile

tottenham didnt get through the group stages of europa
man u didnt get through of group stages of CL
arsenal got eliminated by milan in round of 16
city got eliminated in group stages of CL

only chelsea succeeded and we all saw how, lmao :p

you can say EPL is more interesting cause more of the teams are balanced but not stronger.. i repeat not stronger than la liga sides

3 out of 4 semi finalists at europa where spanish, madrid and barca reached the semis and got eliminated we all know how.. enough said

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:20 pm

Ninis wrote:thats cause barca, madrid > all top EPL clubs Smile

you can say EPL is more interesting cause more of the teams are balanced but not stronger.. i repeat not stronger than la liga sides

3 out of 4 semi finalists at europa where spanish, madrid and barca reached the semis and got eliminated we all know how.. enough said

i don't think that premier league teams take Europa League serious..

and barca, real> Epl clubs? What is your argument for this? Barcelona was not able to defeat chelsea, playing with 11 vs. 10 more than 45 minutes.. Not to mention their controversy penalties received against milan..

"only chelsea succeeded and we all saw how, lmao :p" what is this supposed to mean? why should we take more serious a Madrid win in UCL this year if this happens?

Chelsea vs Bayern was the well deserved final ... Bayern dominated real M both home and away, and chelsea was better with one man down.
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:28 pm

pls tell me one La liga club in the past 4 years outside the el clasico that has disrupted the UCL..

tell me
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:51 pm

arent we talking about who are the stronger teams here? so luck shouldnt take part .
you r losing the concept in this, you see there are a fair amount of teams in la liga who park the bus, just like chelsea did, and succeed in stealing points some times even a win, what does that suppose to mean? that sporting gijon or getafe are better teams than barca or madrid? no..

thats exactly what happened with chelsea, bus parking and luck and qualified
the point here is who was the better team in that clash and it clearly was barca

apart from that even if premier league clubs dont care about europa league what will you say to me about city or manu who failed to qualify from the group stages of champions league?
how can you compare those teams to the spanish giants who did fairly better in the same competition?

i agree though that bayern was the better team in their madrid clash ( even if the classico was midweek)
therefore i could take if for bayern being the better team overall
and also say that bayern deserved more to win the champions league cause they too were the better team and luck again was a major reason for chelsea to win that game

this chelsea CL win is by far the most undeserved one imo : )

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:55 pm

EPL is a better league competitively, more due to the fact that teams tend to re-invent themselves game to game in to suit the opposition. Teams are more comfortable with different styles and therefore have a much better chance of getting results even if outmatched individually. Teams are pragmatic and are backed my money and relatively enough talent.

The team's that aren't. the Wigans of this world have little success.

In La Liga most teams just go out and play their own game, and if it isn't successful then the teams don't achieve and that's that.

If you look at where we were in 07 and 08 , we were a typical La Liga team who refused to adapt to opposition, we just went into the CL and got outplayed because we focused more on our game than on the opposition.

In that sense the lack of European success was built on a refusal to adapt, a refusal to adapt which has left alot of La Liga teams in a relatively stuck place.

But teams are changing.

Levante for example adopted a model akin to that of smaller PL clubs and went from being perennially relegated to being 6th.

But at the same time, it's that same refusal to adapt that makes La Liga teams a force in Europa. When talent levels are balanced, as they are in Europa , flawless style is just as great a weapon as versatility.

So the way the league it setup has it's merits and it's demerits.

I wouldn't change it though.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:57 pm

aleumdance wrote:

pls tell me one La liga club in the past 4 years outside the el clasico that has disrupted the UCL..

tell me

please tell me one EPL club outside of man u chelsea and arsenal that has disrupted the UCL..

see this argument is about the weaker clubs
i know EPL has 3-4 top clubs and madrid 2
but we are arguing about the rest and what im saying is that the rest EPL clubs are not better than the rest La liga ones

and also that the 2 la liga ones are better than the 3-4 top EPL ones which is my opinion

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:44 pm

aleumdance wrote:
Lord Hades wrote:this quality arguement is quite subjective. for eg idont think the other la liga teams are crap as is often made out ,just that madrid and barca are too good and at this moment would walk most of the other top leagues

its not about " working the other leagues". in the EPL when they say it has the most drama, it cuz teams would do anything, ANYTHING, to stop you, in the La Liga, its like they lay down and let the El Clasico massacre them...

Don't even get me started on la liga refs

this is bs , this subjective interpretation of epl teams going great lengths to stop you while la liga teams just lyind down on the side,, a terrible united sided riddled with injuries got 89 *bleep* points lol

and pl refs are no saints , you spend half the time slamming refs favouring a particular team in england lol
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:10 am

Barrettinator wrote:
harhar11 wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:
harhar11 wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:Might as well interpret the La Liga stats as "Real Madrid+Barcelona" Rolling Eyes

Then Barca and Real Madrid most easily be the biggest clubs in the world if they all alone can rival EPL as a league when it comes to fans...
Lol you don't get it do you? A lot of the audience La Liga get are also Premier League fans that tune in to watch El Clasico. I'm certain that if we were to single out audiences for the Premier League ONLY and compare them to audiences for La Liga ONLY then those numbers you see for La Liga will be far less than what's shown(if they're even accurate as it stands).

The reverse is true as well. I mean from what I have seen in spanish forum and sportspapper, the spaniards like the EPL even though their favorite teams plays in La Liga. And not a Spaniard but that is true for me aswell. I prefer La Liga but I still like EPL..

So with that in mind doesnt it still prove that Barca and Real Madrid are a bigger/more important club because more people, especially the neutrals, care about about those 2 teams than their EPL counterpart?

Or maybe, just maybe its not EPL vs Real Madrid + Barca?

Look at it this way:

Check the stats if even 1/100th of those people watch a match between Valencia and Real Sociedad. They may not even be that much. I'm a Premier League fan obviously. I watch Barca Vs Madrid a lot. Doesn't mean I follow either of the teams or their league. In fact, I'd rather watch Newcastle Vs Swansea than watch Valencia Vs Real Sociedad and I'm sure a lot of Premier League fans will agree with that.

Keep in mind some non-football fans also tune in to watch El Clasico, mostly because of the hype. I live in the US for almost half of the year so I know what I'm saying. I know how many non-football fans tune in to watch El Clasico for a few mins whenever its on. I don't need to go into more details with that but I'm sure people in the US aren't the only ones that do that. So yes, harhar, its just Madrid & Barca.

One last thing; if you want to further convince yourself then take out the title winners & runners up from last season in both leagues and check the numbers again. I'm pretty sure Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Newcastle, Liverpool and other Premier League clubs attract 100 times more attention than what's left in La Liga outside the top two.

So you agree that Barca & Madrid are by far the most important club that exist atm and that no team from EPL comes close? Because you did say that those stat were EPL vs Barca & Madrid and seeing that those stats are pretty close, infact some are in favour of Barca & Madrid, that must mean that these 2 clubs are by by faar the most important teams in the world.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:35 am

harhar11 wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:
harhar11 wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:
harhar11 wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:Might as well interpret the La Liga stats as "Real Madrid+Barcelona" Rolling Eyes

Then Barca and Real Madrid most easily be the biggest clubs in the world if they all alone can rival EPL as a league when it comes to fans...
Lol you don't get it do you? A lot of the audience La Liga get are also Premier League fans that tune in to watch El Clasico. I'm certain that if we were to single out audiences for the Premier League ONLY and compare them to audiences for La Liga ONLY then those numbers you see for La Liga will be far less than what's shown(if they're even accurate as it stands).

The reverse is true as well. I mean from what I have seen in spanish forum and sportspapper, the spaniards like the EPL even though their favorite teams plays in La Liga. And not a Spaniard but that is true for me aswell. I prefer La Liga but I still like EPL..

So with that in mind doesnt it still prove that Barca and Real Madrid are a bigger/more important club because more people, especially the neutrals, care about about those 2 teams than their EPL counterpart?

Or maybe, just maybe its not EPL vs Real Madrid + Barca?

Look at it this way:

Check the stats if even 1/100th of those people watch a match between Valencia and Real Sociedad. They may not even be that much. I'm a Premier League fan obviously. I watch Barca Vs Madrid a lot. Doesn't mean I follow either of the teams or their league. In fact, I'd rather watch Newcastle Vs Swansea than watch Valencia Vs Real Sociedad and I'm sure a lot of Premier League fans will agree with that.

Keep in mind some non-football fans also tune in to watch El Clasico, mostly because of the hype. I live in the US for almost half of the year so I know what I'm saying. I know how many non-football fans tune in to watch El Clasico for a few mins whenever its on. I don't need to go into more details with that but I'm sure people in the US aren't the only ones that do that. So yes, harhar, its just Madrid & Barca.

One last thing; if you want to further convince yourself then take out the title winners & runners up from last season in both leagues and check the numbers again. I'm pretty sure Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Newcastle, Liverpool and other Premier League clubs attract 100 times more attention than what's left in La Liga outside the top two.

So you agree that Barca & Madrid are by far the most important club that exist atm and that no team from EPL comes close? Because you did say that those stat were EPL vs Barca & Madrid and seeing that those stats are pretty close, infact some are in favour of Barca & Madrid, that must mean that these 2 clubs are by by faar the most important teams in the world.
Most watched =/= Most important.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:10 pm

Why not? If more football fans think that its more important to watch a game of Barca/Madrid than Chelsea/Man Utd/Arsenal doesnt it mean that Barca and Madrid are more important/popular? I mean the reason why most people say that EPL is the most popular league is because it has more views..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:08 pm

Ninis wrote:arent we talking about who are the stronger teams here? so luck shouldnt take part .
you r losing the concept in this, you see there are a fair amount of teams in la liga who park the bus, just like chelsea did, and succeed in stealing points some times even a win, what does that suppose to mean? that sporting gijon or getafe are better teams than barca or madrid? no..

thats exactly what happened with chelsea, bus parking and luck and qualified
the point here is who was the better team in that clash and it clearly was barca

apart from that even if premier league clubs dont care about europa league what will you say to me about city or manu who failed to qualify from the group stages of champions league?
how can you compare those teams to the spanish giants who did fairly better in the same competition?

i agree though that bayern was the better team in their madrid clash ( even if the classico was midweek)
therefore i could take if for bayern being the better team overall
and also say that bayern deserved more to win the champions league cause they too were the better team and luck again was a major reason for chelsea to win that game

this chelsea CL win is by far the most undeserved one imo : )

In 2009 we were the better side against Barcelona. You don't see us crying about it though do you? The only complaint Chelsea fans have had over that tie were the contriversial penalty decisions. We know we played better but that's not the point. "Playing better" gets you NOWHERE in football if you don't end up outscoring your opponent.

At the end of the day a "shit" Chelsea team with poor players OUTSCORED a Barca team with players like Messi, Sanchez, Iniesta, etc 3-2 over 2 legs. 3-2. 2 legs. Not one match. 2 matches. OUTSCORED.

Case closed.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:31 pm

kudos to you, and i was glad you won it, obviously i didnt want either bayern or barca to take it

my point is wether you won it or not, wether you eliminated barca or not still that doesnt make you a better team than them
i just cant see it that way

overall the argument here is that all EPL clubs apart from chelsea failed in europe therefore i can safely say the 2 spanish giants were and are ahead of them
and i included chelsea in the comparison cause imo you didnt qualify as the better team, you still did qualify though and congratz on that

maybe right now you are creating a team which can outplay barca who knows? as for real the only reason im saying they could and are better is jose who for me still knows chelsea and the way to overtake them

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2