Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

EPL vs La Liga Empty Re: EPL vs La Liga

Post by Guest Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:30 pm

Awesome stuff thanks for sharing Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:12 pm

Thats awesome indeed, thanks for sharing.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:16 pm

99,000 people at the el clasico is just awesome. I have been to a packed bernabau and camp nou and I will tell you that it is the best soccer experience ever!!! Any barca Madrid fans that have never done el clasico live have to do it sometime in their lives!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:55 pm

Might as well interpret the La Liga stats as "Real Madrid+Barcelona" Rolling Eyes
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:09 pm

Hmm.. La Liga gave out twice as many Yellows.. But EPL gave out almost three times as many reds...That is pretty interesting.. hmm
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:29 pm

Barrettinator wrote:Might as well interpret the La Liga stats as "Real Madrid+Barcelona" Rolling Eyes

that what it looks like to me
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:44 pm

Sorry to say but all that evidence is just two teams. Messi and Ronaldo are the two biggest players in the world right now of course their going to get more tweets.

Your post alone proves how much of a two-way race La Liga actually is.

The stats are deceiving. While La Liga might boast the two biggest clubs in the world and the biggest rivalry, the rest of the league is just not even close in terms of quality.

1. EPL

2. Serie A

3. La Liga

Also, in terms of spending, EPL is first, Serie A is second and La Liga is third. This is based on the current market spending.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:11 am

lol no! quality wise la liga > serie a

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:26 am

Barrettinator wrote:Might as well interpret the La Liga stats as "Real Madrid+Barcelona" Rolling Eyes

Then Barca and Real Madrid most easily be the biggest clubs in the world if they all alone can rival EPL as a league when it comes to fans...

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:00 pm

harhar11 wrote:

Then Barca and Real Madrid most easily be the biggest clubs in the world if they all alone can rival EPL as a league when it comes to fans...
Lol you don't get it do you? A lot of the audience La Liga get are also Premier League fans that tune in to watch El Clasico. I'm certain that if we were to single out audiences for the Premier League ONLY and compare them to audiences for La Liga ONLY then those numbers you see for La Liga will be far less than what's shown(if they're even accurate as it stands).
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:31 pm

Barrettinator wrote:
harhar11 wrote:

Lol you don't get it do you? A lot of the audience La Liga get are also Premier League fans that tune in to watch El Clasico. I'm certain that if we were to single out audiences for the Premier League ONLY and compare them to audiences for La Liga ONLY then those numbers you see for La Liga will be far less than what's shown(if they're even accurate as it stands).

The reverse is true as well. I mean from what I have seen in spanish forum and sportspapper, the spaniards like the EPL even though their favorite teams plays in La Liga. I am not a Spaniard but that is true for me aswell. I prefer La Liga but I still like EPL..

So with that in mind doesnt it still prove that Barca and Real Madrid are a bigger/more important club because more people, especially the neutrals, care about about those 2 teams than their EPL counterpart?

Or maybe, just maybe its not EPL vs Real Madrid + Barca?

Last edited by harhar11 on Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:43 pm

harhar11 wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:
harhar11 wrote:

The reverse is true as well. I mean from what I have seen in spanish forum and sportspapper, the spaniards like the EPL even though their favorite teams plays in La Liga. And not a Spaniard but that is true for me aswell. I prefer La Liga but I still like EPL..

So with that in mind doesnt it still prove that Barca and Real Madrid are a bigger/more important club because more people, especially the neutrals, care about about those 2 teams than their EPL counterpart?

Or maybe, just maybe its not EPL vs Real Madrid + Barca?

Look at it this way:

Check the stats if even 1/100th of those people watch a match between Valencia and Real Sociedad. They may not even be that much. I'm a Premier League fan obviously. I watch Barca Vs Madrid a lot. Doesn't mean I follow either of the teams or their league. In fact, I'd rather watch Newcastle Vs Swansea than watch Valencia Vs Real Sociedad and I'm sure a lot of Premier League fans will agree with that.

Keep in mind some non-football fans also tune in to watch El Clasico, mostly because of the hype. I live in the US for almost half of the year so I know what I'm saying. I know how many non-football fans tune in to watch El Clasico for a few mins whenever its on. I don't need to go into more details with that but I'm sure people in the US aren't the only ones that do that. So yes, harhar, its just Madrid & Barca.

One last thing; if you want to further convince yourself then take out the title winners & runners up from last season in both leagues and check the numbers again. I'm pretty sure Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Newcastle, Liverpool and other Premier League clubs attract 100 times more attention than what's left in La Liga outside the top two.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:48 pm

VendettaRed07 wrote:Hmm.. La Liga gave out twice as many Yellows.. But EPL gave out almost three times as many reds...That is pretty interesting.. hmm

It is interesting, this is my conclusion: the red card stat shows epl is more violent, the fact that la liga has so many yellows despite being less violent, shows they are all a bunch of *bleeping* actors Smile
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:05 pm

Premeir League is hands down better than La Liga this season. The top clubs have strengthened too much.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:25 am

Right now:EPL>>>>>>>>>>>>La Liga>>Bundesliga>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Seria A
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:10 am

The cards statistics is interesting. IMO it shows that referees in Spain are more yellow card prone but less red card prone than English referees. Which means English referees are better because yellow cards alone are not useful to stop continuous or dangerous fouls.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:35 am

My dream to attend Clasico at Camp nou

free cat sort me out :bow:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:50 am

vivabarca38 wrote:Right now:EPL>>>>>>>>>>>>Seria A>>Bundesliga>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>La Liga
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:59 pm

tuddor wrote:
vivabarca38 wrote:Right now:EPL>>>>>>>>>>>>Seria A>>Bundesliga>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>La Liga

In terms of football, if we take all 20 teams from each country i agree: EPL >= Serie A > Bundesliga > La Liga

Of course Barca & Real are unlucky with the rest of the teams in their League.

Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:07 pm

vlafy wrote:
tuddor wrote:

In terms of football, if we take all 20 teams from each country i agree: EPL >= Serie A > Bundesliga > La Liga

Of course Barca & Real are unlucky with the rest of the teams in their League.

thats true, what is also true is that last season 3 out of 4 teams in europa league semi finals where spanish ?...

every la liga side has quality in addition not every epl serie a and specially bundesliga side can play football the way spanish sides do

la liga is truly the most underrated league

take in consideration the way the league is runned with the tv rights which is the opposite of EPL's
dunnow about the rest leagues

please understand the fact that real and barca would dominate each league on this small earth

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:26 am

yeah, real and barca are favourites to win ucl according to bet sites... but it's easy for them to win against average teams in la liga, because in the spanish league the teams play more offensively, and they can't suddenly have a great defensive game when they face the two mentioned above teams.. however, last year in ucl, an english team won the ucl, spain had two teams in the Semi-finals and national team won the euros, italy was the only who had 3 teams after the groups, and the German-giant Bayern was close to win the most wanted trophy.. it's kinda subjective thing.. my opinion is that premier league is the best in the world in terms of quality, and has the most drama.. Serie A it's boring according to some people, and la liga it's nothing without the big two.
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:48 am

this quality arguement is quite subjective. for eg idont think the other la liga teams are crap as is often made out ,just that madrid and barca are too good and at this moment would walk most of the other top leagues
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:30 pm

Lord Hades wrote:this quality arguement is quite subjective. for eg idont think the other la liga teams are crap as is often made out ,just that madrid and barca are too good and at this moment would walk most of the other top leagues

its not about " working the other leagues". in the EPL when they say it has the most drama, it cuz teams would do anything, ANYTHING, to stop you, in the La Liga, its like they lay down and let the El Clasico massacre them...

Don't even get me started on la liga refs
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:57 pm

thats cause barca, madrid > all top EPL clubs Smile

tottenham didnt get through the group stages of europa
man u didnt get through of group stages of CL
arsenal got eliminated by milan in round of 16
city got eliminated in group stages of CL

only chelsea succeeded and we all saw how, lmao :p

you can say EPL is more interesting cause more of the teams are balanced but not stronger.. i repeat not stronger than la liga sides

3 out of 4 semi finalists at europa where spanish, madrid and barca reached the semis and got eliminated we all know how.. enough said

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next