McAgger
The Sanchez
Albiceleste
BeautifulGame
RedOranje
73 posters

Page 9 of 39 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 39  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread Pt. 7 - Page 9 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Rumour Thread Pt. 7

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:36 pm

Rodgers:

"For me there has been no big change. The first point is we don't want to sell him (Agger)," said Rodgers.

"Secondly, I believe he will be a player who will thrive in this way of working and thirdly he doesn't want to leave - which is a great help as well.

"He is a top player and I want to keep him here. Over the last couple of months we have been able to sell the project and vision to a number of senior players.

"They are very happy to move forward with it and I would expect Daniel to be the same.

"He made that clear in the very first conversation we had that he wanted to be part of our revolution here in terms of moving forward and he hasn't wavered from that in any single way whatsoever.

"Other reported clubs have made bids for him, which is natural, because he is a top player. But for us nothing has changed: he doesn't want to go and we don't want to sell him."

The situation is different for Carroll, who has attracted interest from former club Newcastle and Premier League rivals West Ham.

It is clear he will not be first choice as he does not fit into Rodgers' passing and pressing gameplan which he developed so well at former club Swansea and has now introduced at Anfield.

And while he still believes the England international can be effective for them he suggested it would be a while before he changed his principles and went for the alternative option.

"He knows where he stands. He is an important part of our group and that is how I see it at the moment," added the 39-year-old.

"If you are a team that puts crosses in and are firing them in from all angles he is a great player in the box.

Difficult

"Naturally his height and his power gives him that strength but if you play a different style it is that much more difficult.

"Most managers have a way of playing and a Plan A in terms of the way they want to play.

"I will always try to make Plan A better before I go to Plan B. If trying to make Plan A better doesn't work then we go to Plan B and then probably Plan C."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread Pt. 7 - Page 9 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Rumour Thread Pt. 7

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:07 pm

Villas-Boas:

He said: "I have spoken to Jermain and his agent about the situation. The talks were positive.

"Jermain scored 17 goals last year. He was a key player and will continue to be. That's the expectancy I have with regards to his future.

Tremendous

"Competition is something that he is used to. The goal he scored yesterday (on Wednesday as England beat Italy 2-1) shows he can make the difference.

"He is tremendous. It was a great goal, he has great technical ability."

Defoe is the only senior striker on Spurs' books at present, but Villas-Boas intends to bolster his ranks before the transfer window slams shut - with it hoped that an agreement can be reached with Manchester City for Adebayor, who took in a successful loan spell at White Hart Lane in 2011/12.

Villas-Boas added: "There are talks. They have been happening for quite some time.

"We have touched on different players in that position, but we have not been able to conclude a deal.

"Our focus and attention is towards that position, which we will try to sort out next week."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:42 pm

The Gunners boss has spent the last seven days deflecting questions about the future of the 24-year-old midfielder, with Spanish giants Barcelona keen to recruit him this summer.

Song, who has three years left to run on his contract, is happy in north London, but his agent has made him aware several big clubs from across Europe are monitoring his progress.

Wenger is said to be furious Song's agent is actively looking to move the player out of Arsenal, and wants to meet with the Cameroon international to discuss the future on a one-on-one basis.

It is understood Arsenal have already told Barcelona they will not sell Song on the cheap, after vice-president Josep Maria Bartomeu flew to London for talks on Wednesday.

Arsenal, who kick off their Premier League season against Sunderland on Saturday, want reassurances from Song he is part of the long-term future at the club, or they will consider offloading him to the highest bidder.

The news comes less than three months after Wenger moved to offer Song a new contract, after pin-pointing him as one of the key components of his new-look side - although formally negotiations have yet to begin between the two parties.

Arsenal would be willing to sell Song if he openly expresses his desire to leave at the meeting, and have already compiled a dossier on potential replacements, with Yann M'Vila, Etienne Capoue, Victor Wanyama, Lucas Biglia and Kara Mbodj among the defensive midfielders watched by the club's scouts in the last few months.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/908799-arsenal-to-meet-with-alex-song-this-week-to-discuss-his-future#ixzz23jChbx5w

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:45 pm

No offense but really Metro as a source?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:48 pm

The journalist is reliable. Runs the Young Guns Blog and doesn't give out information that isn't correct.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:51 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:The Gunners boss has spent the last seven days deflecting questions about the future of the 24-year-old midfielder, with Spanish giants Barcelona keen to recruit him this summer.

Song, who has three years left to run on his contract, is happy in north London, but his agent has made him aware several big clubs from across Europe are monitoring his progress.

Wenger is said to be furious Song's agent is actively looking to move the player out of Arsenal, and wants to meet with the Cameroon international to discuss the future on a one-on-one basis.

It is understood Arsenal have already told Barcelona they will not sell Song on the cheap, after vice-president Josep Maria Bartomeu flew to London for talks on Wednesday.

Arsenal, who kick off their Premier League season against Sunderland on Saturday, want reassurances from Song he is part of the long-term future at the club, or they will consider offloading him to the highest bidder.

The news comes less than three months after Wenger moved to offer Song a new contract, after pin-pointing him as one of the key components of his new-look side - although formally negotiations have yet to begin between the two parties.

Arsenal would be willing to sell Song if he openly expresses his desire to leave at the meeting, and have already compiled a dossier on potential replacements, with Yann M'Vila, Etienne Capoue, Victor Wanyama, Lucas Biglia and Kara Mbodj among the defensive midfielders watched by the club's scouts in the last few months.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/908799-arsenal-to-meet-with-alex-song-this-week-to-discuss-his-future#ixzz23jChbx5w

I keep praying , please Wenger keep playing hard to get until Barca give up. We the fans dont want Song at Barca. No
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:30 pm

BBC understands that Modric to Madrid deal is about done for £25m + £5 add ons later. Official announcement to come after Spurs find a replacement with Mvila understood to be the current option.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19280034
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:57 pm

Liverpool agreed a deal for Heerenveen winger Oussama Assaidi

What was that about Liverpool being too big to take risks on unknown/unproven players? Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:58 pm

Come on Moratti, get us Fernando!!!
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:07 pm

first time ever I have never heard of a Liverpool transfer.

guess he was back up plan to Tello.

I think our summer busienss will finish with signing Sahin and Dempsey, and selling Adam

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:23 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Liverpool agreed a deal for Heerenveen winger Oussama Assaidi

What was that about Liverpool being too big to take risks on unknown/unproven players? Laughing

Liverpool can still go for young players with potential. :coffee:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:25 pm

mtfootball wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Liverpool agreed a deal for Heerenveen winger Oussama Assaidi

He's 26 mate Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:26 pm

He's 24. bounce

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:28 pm

I officially can't take any of Mole's posts seriously anymore considering he hasn't even bothered a quick wikipedia check.

convinced he is trolling for all LFC-related posts.

will only follow his NUFC info from now on

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:28 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
mtfootball wrote:

He's 26 mate Laughing

24 actually.But the really big question is has anyone watched him play? Is he any good?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:30 pm

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers awaits loan move news
Mad Mad
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19287115

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers hopes to find out in the "next 48 hours" whether loan moves for Nuri Sahin and Cristian Tello have been successful.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:32 pm

All I know is he's a pacy winger.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:33 pm

very fast on FIFA BG.

Also likes to finish with backheel (Balotelli style)

that's all I know.

can't do much wrong for 3M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:33 pm

Louis Saha joins Sunderland on one-year contract

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19281084

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:34 pm

Somebody sign Sahin so I don't have to watch him pick his nose o the Madrid bench!!!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:35 pm

The Assiadi guy is decent on FIFA ...he's quick....how is it relevant , I know not......

Mole stop hating :coffee:

Last edited by Le Samourai on Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:36 pm

:facepalm: could of sworn the post in the completed transfer thread said 26 i apoligise for my failings :coffee:

Still though i don't want to hear anyone say Liverpool can't take risks on unproven players because they are too big anymore Laughing

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:37 pm

91 acceleration, 90 agility, 86 sprint speed and 86 dribbling. :coffee:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:37 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers awaits loan move news
Mad Mad

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers hopes to find out in the "next 48 hours" whether loan moves for Nuri Sahin and Cristian Tello have been successful.

Echo confirmed yesterday itself Sahin is coming to Liverpool.I think we are waiting for the Modric transfer to go through.Would be geniunely shocked if we miss out on Sahin.They rarely print speculations.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:38 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote::facepalm: could of sworn the post in the completed transfer thread said 26 i apoligise for my failings :coffee:

Still though i don't want to hear anyone say Liverpool can't take risks on unproven players because they are too big anymore Laughing

TBH u are unlikely to hear that since any Liverpool fan has hardly said something like that.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:38 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers awaits loan move news
Mad Mad

Echo confirmed yesterday itself Sahin is coming to Liverpool.I think we are waiting for the Modric transfer to go through.Would be geniunely shocked if we miss out on Sahin.They rarely print speculations.

Sahin is a Gunner. Very Happy
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 39 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 39  Next