S
McLewis
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Clean Debate Section Introduction Empty Clean Debate Section Introduction

Post by McLewis Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:49 am

Hey folks,

So myself and the Admin/Mod team here at Goal-Legacy have been doing some brainstorming on ways for you guys to talk about the most controversial issues in football (Barca-Madrid, diving, Calciopoli, etc) without the conversation getting out of hand with trolling and insults. I'm well aware that we have a very intelligent group of people here and I firmly believe we can talk about these issues solely on the merit of civil debate.

So what I want to try is a Clean Debate section dedicated to discussing topics without fear of thread derailment, trolling and everything else that causes us to lock or delete threads or posts. All football-related topics can be discussed here and should trolling, deliberate thread derailment or insult of players, clubs, or GL members occur, the penalties will be 2x more severe than what they are now (see above).

The goal of this forum is to promote friendly, but challenging debates using logic, reason and just overall intelligence.

So let's see if this will work out. If anyone has any questions, feedback, comments, suggestions. Please send me a PM or direct them to the Comments/Feedback section.

Other than the rules above, this is the only other rule for this forum:

Posts containing only memes and smileys will be deleted without warning. Frequent occurances will result in loss of 50% warning level per instance.

Last edited by McLewis on Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Clean Debate Section Introduction Empty Re: Clean Debate Section Introduction

Post by Guest Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:18 am

Wouldn't that make the right back section completely useless and full of trolling?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:21 am

vasanthPato wrote:Wouldn't that make the right back section completely useless and full of trolling?

it already is

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:06 am

Great innovation from the mods.

And i agree it would render the RB section a pretty useless forum,i think that could well be removed permanently..General Section is massive dump nowadays so you might as well have all the trolling and the comparisons in the General Section itself.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by MindGames7 Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:11 am

This is a really nice forum, and I hope I'm making a positive contribution with my stats, and not ruining it by saying "this is the answer" all the time.

Wish someone would reply to my Scholes vs Scholes vs Scholes thread as well, it's something that I'm not quite so "this is the answer" about and I'd appreciate some constructive criticism.
MindGames7
MindGames7
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:36 pm

great stuff :bow:
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:33 pm

Why not implement this on ALL of the forum sections bar the non-serious and the non-football ones (Odds and Ends, etc.). That way trolls (like me at times) would be discouraged to derail threads.
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:50 pm

Zero wrote:Why not implement this on ALL of the forum sections bar the non-serious and the non-football ones (Odds and Ends, etc.). That way trolls (like me at times) would be discouraged to derail threads.

Everyone says this, but people are punished for much more severe things and still we have to listen to complaints left, right and center.

Frankly, it would be nice if the whole forum could be this way, but we only have 10 posters left after a while.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:30 am

The Franchise wrote:
Zero wrote:Why not implement this on ALL of the forum sections bar the non-serious and the non-football ones (Odds and Ends, etc.). That way trolls (like me at times) would be discouraged to derail threads.

Everyone says this, but people are punished for much more severe things and still we have to listen to complaints left, right and center.

Frankly, it would be nice if the whole forum could be this way, but we only have 10 posters left after a while.

Sad to say it's the truth. Anyway, I think this section will be great. I'm looking forward to seeing good back and forth between the intelligent minds in this forum. Very Happy
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:19 pm

Love it, I would suggest that the debates/threads have a time limit or also number of days of which it is locked after being inactive

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:11 am

Love it, I would suggest that the debates/threads have a time limit or also number of days of which it is locked after being inactive

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:59 am

Why cant these rules just apply to all sections of the General Football hmm
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:04 pm

its sad how inactive this section is because people are still content to carry on with the junk in the GS and RB section
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:07 am

fatman123 wrote:its sad how inactive this section is because people are still content to carry on with the junk in the GS and RB section

I have to agree. I have been checking regularly to see if there is some interesting topic to talk about - but its kinda irritating to see the usual Ronaldo/Messi stuff all over again - even if it is a 'clean debate'..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:40 am

So you guys would prefer me forbid the Ronaldo/Messi debates simply because it's too common on this forum?

That's rather redundant. This section is here so that any topic can be discussed openly and cordially. So far, the Ronaldo/Messi thread here has been quite civil so I really don't see what the problem is with it.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:47 am

McLewis wrote:So you guys would prefer me forbid the Ronaldo/Messi debates simply because it's too common on this forum?

That's rather redundant. This section is here so that any topic can be discussed openly and cordially. So far, the Ronaldo/Messi thread here has been quite civil so I really don't see what the problem is with it.

Nope, don't get me wrong - I mean there ought to be more to discuss than this already hugely discussed topic.. Lol.com did some 20 articles on those two after publishing their top 50 list thingy..

The point is not to deride the thread, but to encourage more than whats already omnipresent-ish..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:01 am

srigooner wrote:The point is not to deride the thread, but to encourage more than whats already omnipresent-ish..
On the other hand, quite some topics that don't contain Messi vs CRonaldo, Barca vs Real, RivalClub1 vs RivalClub2 can be nicely discussed in the GenSec, too. It is most frequently the above that get so heated that there need to be some heavy-duty fire extinguishers around.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:16 am

rwo power wrote:
srigooner wrote:The point is not to deride the thread, but to encourage more than whats already omnipresent-ish..
On the other hand, quite some topics that don't contain Messi vs CRonaldo, Barca vs Real, RivalClub1 vs RivalClub2 can be nicely discussed in the GenSec, too. It is most frequently the above that get so heated that there need to be some heavy-duty fire extinguishers around.

So is the objective to discuss only the 'highly inflammable' topics here?

@Admins : Again, I am not questioning the existence of this section. Just the relative 'ostracism' of this section. I solemnly swear I'll try to think of some interesting topics to get some thoughts churning.

For example, I want to discuss how Liverpool can be revived, without Liverpool fans being defensive of their club and without rival fans trolling. But then I noticed a very similar thread in GS just this morning.

Then there is the discussion on comparing TV rights in different leagues. Quality of teams in non big four leagues. Promotion of U-21 & NextGen type series. Emergence of smaller teams in PL and the impact on this season. - just off the top of my head. These are all topics which should have some sensible discussions imo..

There is no point starting these threads here, without enough people taking this section seriously enough.. Maybe you lot should shift some threads to this section to promote it a bit inside GL?

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:20 am

Maybe this will explain my point a bit:

* the two most active threads on this section are currently on Lionel Messi.
* then there is xavi/pirlo - which is again discussed soo much since the Euros.
* Lampard/Gerrard - another old debate which ends up somehow about history of Chelsea and Liverpool somhow smh

The two topics I actually liked and found thought provoking - Versatility and Treq....(really long name thread) - have a total of less than 20 replies.

Does this explain what I am trying to say?

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:27 pm

This section isn't solely for the most controversial topics, but I'll admit I did have those types of topics in mind when I thought about this section. More often than not, some of the Messi/ronaldo, Madrid/Barca flamefests have started out as good debates only to be sunk by trolling and open insults.

I'm hoping this section gives those topics a chance to be discussed and debated without the latter two elements as mentioned above.

But as I said before, it's not soley for this purpose. Any topic in world football can be debated here. Doesn't matter whether it's controversial or not, as long as the debate is engaging and civil.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by arjun.123 Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:01 pm

Hello everyone, finally noticed this section after 3 months Wink
arjun.123
arjun.123
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:42 am

First locked thread in the CLEAN SECTION :facepalm:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:56 pm

:coffee: I no longer know what is clean , what is not . Its always a grey part in any subject in life . Talking about positives and negative aspect of the sport should not be called trolling . I know that I have to avoid responses with one sentence but i can only reflect what i know as an individual and that called being me .
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:01 pm

You created a thread pertaining Messi's use of HGH for his "inconsistencies" on his away matches.

And you call that a grey part?
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:14 pm

Jack Daniels wrote:You created a thread pertaining Messi's use of HGH for his "inconsistencies" on his away matches.

And you call that a grey part?

i asked in a question that why does messi never get injured and even the commentator on Barcelona Vs Milan said that too , i got answers as HGH is the reason . I didn't say its the answer because if i knew the answer i wouldn't have asked and i add a line saying if you dont believe in that just ignore what i said and answer ur own way
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next