Emotions Can Wait, We Got Serious Bizness

+4
Milantildeath
Cruijf
arabprince
IrasMaldinista
8 posters

Go down

Emotions Can Wait, We Got Serious Bizness Empty Emotions Can Wait, We Got Serious Bizness

Post by IrasMaldinista Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:31 am

I predicted before the transfer window had even opened, that if Milan actually do sell either Thiago or Ibra (turned out we cashed in on both!), Galliani will pounce for Kaka to make amends for hurt fans.
I was sure, and now, here you are.

Let nostalgia and emotions come later in my "welcome home" thread for Ricky, for now, we got important headaches.

Say we got Kaka. We will be left with...

1. An attack department with no natural box-striker. This is, as ACMrox put it, disturbing.

2. Too many second strikers: Binho, Cassano, SES, even Pato and Kaka (whose body I don't think can perform as a box to box AM like it used to, therefore considered a SS).

3. A real trouble-maker aka Boateng who will certainly not like moving deeper into mezz'ala position.

4. A furious Cassano, another out-and-out maniac, who has been priding himself on being our sole creative force since moving here. With San Kaka he will have a rival and will give us hell, I trust.

So? What to do?

One way or the other, Milan WILL HAVE TO change something in the last one-third of the pitch.

I believe between Cassano and Robinho, it is the former who will say goodbye.
It's not a question of what Cassano can do, he is 30, he hasn’t been one so far in Milan but could still easily be a hell-raiser, and his fitness isn’t guaranteed to remain stable.

We will get either Dzeko or Tevez as the direct replacement to Ibra (my hunch is Dzeko, as he is the more similar of the two to Ibra), then as Galliani loves to say: We’ll see.

To replace the second departing attacker, I’m quite sure Matri is on stand-by to arrive on loan. Just like last year, when we were awaiting a final response from Napoli on Hamsik, and in case of failure Galliani had Aquilani on stand-by. This scenario happened in January 2012 with Tevez and Maxi too. We might end up with nobody else leaving, but Galliani doesn't ever live with "may" and "might".

Milan will have to choose: Kaka as AM and an unhappy Prince, or Kaka as an attacker and a happy Prince.
Hey, is there such situation as Kaka and Prince living happily ever after? Could it be?

My guess is the first choice, but without the “unhappy Prince” phrase i.e. the third choice… Why? Because I’m 80% sure Kaka and Pato will rarely be match-fit simultaneously in 2012-13, and even Prince himself ain’t much of a 60-game man.

Actually a 4-3-2-1 which brought us a UCL in 2007 is a wonderful choice, with a populated midfield like that of Spain, with a nice mix of power, technique and pace.

We will be more flexible, ductile if you will, because with Ibra we were always condemned to have a one-dimensional strike-force based on his phenomenal technique, now though, with the more humble and versatile players we have, we can effortlessly switch between 4-3-3, 4-3-1-2, 4-4-1-1, 4-2-3-1, 4-5-1 etc. Even 3-x-x family will be possible.

Lass, Carvalho and the rest of usual suspects are not what we should talk about, we just gotta make sure our defense is functioning well after losing the best CB pair of the world, and an attack which will have a totally new identity.

In 1947, Albert Einstein said, "Losing Thiago Silva is certainly hard, but losing Sandro Nesta is absolutely irreparable."

As for Kaka, If he does manage to stay injury-free for like 2-3 months, he is still the best attacking midfielder in the world by a mile. Let’s not forget he invented his role, the now famous “Kaka role”, an unbelievably-fast trequartista with creativity in abundance and a sharp eye for goal (He created and scored the most goals on our way to the 7th European cup).

Last season, when he hit some form, he truly outshone both Ozil and Ronaldo and became the good old arrow he was in Milan: Direct, dynamic and decisive. He scored, was chosen as MOTM and yet, got betrayed by a man who wanted younger stars.

We loved Kaka the man more than Kaka the player, but God knows he is still the most beautiful player in the world. His mix of Zidane (skill & creativity), Figo (directness & pace) and Rivaldo (eye for goal) always sounded too good to be true and yet he was, to tell the truth, very true.

I am looking forward to seeing a Milan which is going to be 10 times prettier than that of the last few years, because mercenaries are gone and Golden boys are coming home, right? With happy supporters and a happy squad, there will inevitably come happy results.

Trust happiness!

P.S. This turned into a clumsy thread, but who cares?
IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Emotions Can Wait, We Got Serious Bizness Empty Re: Emotions Can Wait, We Got Serious Bizness

Post by arabprince Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:34 am

Very good post. The joy my heart filled with this morning in the light of Kaka news was amazing. But thinking about our setup is worrying. But when you think about it, what are the chances boateng, kaka, and pato and all stay fit for extended periods of time.

Thinking about this age we are ushering in now is kind of exciting. We probably wont be a great team for a few years, but we will have a milan team. Like you said, no more mercenaries. No more can we be called a reitrement home. The future is bright for us and I'm excited.

I just hope SES can shine this year and bringing in KaKa wouldn't hinder him.
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Emotions Can Wait, We Got Serious Bizness Empty Re: Emotions Can Wait, We Got Serious Bizness

Post by Cruijf Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:21 pm

Good post Iras.

I agree with your point that Prince and Kaka can coexist. I personally think that Prince is a very good B2B midfielder, and although he prefers to play in the trequartista role, you made the point of fitness which definitely has merit. Kaka is already 30 and has become rather injury prone, and Prince has rarely been able to keep on top form for too long. With Monty as a DLP and Nocerino as a second B2B, we still have a very solid midfield IMO.

I highly doubt Pato and Cassano will manage to stay completely fit all season, which is why I think Cassano should stay. A Kaka-Robinho-Dzeko attack is certainly a competitive one, but Pato/Cassano (either one works for me) would be a better a option as a SS.

All in all, we could look something like this:

------------------------------------Montilivo
--------------------------Prince--------------Nocerino

---------------------------------------Kaka
----------------------------------Pato-----Dzeko

Ambrosini, Constant, and Traore would be backups in the Mid, though buying another creative mid would be good. Robinho and Cassano would be backups for Pato and Kaka.

The only problem here is the lack of room for SES, but given that Pato and Cassano haven't exactly been consistent in the past year, I still think there will be room for him as an impact substitute and for use in the Coppa Italia.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:57 pm

We aren't getting Dzeko, wouldn't be surprised to see our market end with Yanga-Mbiwa and Kaka.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:30 am

I really cant be bothered writing a short novel to explain what Milan should do on the Mercato and for the upcoming season...

But I will say this. Though Kaka is definitely not the answer to Milan's problems at the moment, it would be a great sight to see him wear out shirt again. Especially the no.22 jersey.

I'm hoping he has a Henry-esque return for us and dismiss any memories of Shevchenko's regrettable second stint at the club.
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:35 am

ACMRox wrote:Good post Iras.

I agree with your point that Prince and Kaka can coexist. I personally think that Prince is a very good B2B midfielder, and although he prefers to play in the trequartista role, you made the point of fitness which definitely has merit. Kaka is already 30 and has become rather injury prone, and Prince has rarely been able to keep on top form for too long. With Monty as a DLP and Nocerino as a second B2B, we still have a very solid midfield IMO.

I highly doubt Pato and Cassano will manage to stay completely fit all season, which is why I think Cassano should stay. A Kaka-Robinho-Dzeko attack is certainly a competitive one, but Pato/Cassano (either one works for me) would be a better a option as a SS.

Ambrosini, Constant, and Traore would be backups in the Mid, though buying another creative mid would be good. Robinho and Cassano would be backups for Pato and Kaka.

The only problem here is the lack of room for SES, but given that Pato and Cassano haven't exactly been consistent in the past year, I still think there will be room for him as an impact substitute and for use in the Coppa Italia.

Why do you guys always place Montolivo as DM?Allegri clearly doesn't like that type of player in front of defense,he dumped Pirlo FFS...
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:46 am

Vibe wrote:
ACMRox wrote:Good post Iras.

Why do you guys always place Montolivo as DM?Allegri clearly doesn't like that type of player in front of defense,he dumped Pirlo FFS...
We put him there because it his preferred position. Yes, it is likely that Montolivo will play at RM,, however, you have to take into account the fact that Nocerino is well-established at LM and Boateng (if forced to move back into the 3-man midfield) cannot play in the centre. Furthermore, we do not have a DM good enough to start. Hence, we put Monty in the central position.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:02 am

Has anyone put a thought into what Italy played at the Euros? it's kind of a hybrid formation and really plays into a speedy strong attacker ...cough... cough..... Pato. They didn't start every game with this, but when they would sub on Diamanti they would play this way. It's a 4-1-3-1-1, I think it would fit the way we play, but would call for a good regista, Verratti would have been perfect for this I hate to say.

---------------------------------GK
RB---------------------CB--------------CB----------------------LB

-------------------------------Regista
-----------------RCM-----------CM----------LCM

-----------------------------Trequartista
----------------------------------ST
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by IrasMaldinista Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:46 am

Reports suggest Milan won't buy a high-profile striker so as not to tarnish Pato's chances, and his sensitive little mind.

I agree somewhat. Though it would have been nice to have Tevez or Dzeko, for a Milanista nothing's sweeter than seeing Pato up top scoring for fun, supported by Abate/De Sciglio on the flanks and Kaka/Boateng on the center.

So, the champion Galliani claimed Ibra will be replaced with is easy to detect: Kaka.

Milan will buy Yanga-Mbiwa outright, then sign Kaka and Matri on loan.

From that point, we have to sit and wait, and see if there's any truth in speculations about Carvalho, Lass, Sahin, De Jong and the rest of billionaire rejects.

Also, one has to take into consideration the possibility of Cassano departing, which means we have to dig in the bazaar again, looking for an attacker

So, if all is good, Milan will play a dynamic 4-3-2-1 which could also be 4-3-3 and 4-3-1-2 at the same time, because with Boateng, Kaka and Pato you'll never know. It's safe, in any case, to say we will play 4-3-something, because there's absolutely no doubt about the 4-3 part.

If we could actually sign a DM or two, we are totally complete in midfield, with competition in every position.

I have to share a doubt of mine too: Mexes is not reliable.

The former(!) French pretty-boy has been looking like a pig since joining Milan, I guess he's even slower than Yepes. But if MilanLab manage to cut some 5-6 kilos off him, I believe he's so intelligent and still young enough for a center-back to put some speed in his legs. Carvalho wouldn't be bad though, it never hurts having a fantastic experience-o in your team for FREE.

My preferred 2012-13 starting XI:

Abbiati - Mexes, Yanga-Mbiwa, Abate, De Sciglio - Lass, Montolivo, Nocerino - Kaka, Boateng - Pato
(Average age: 26.6 ===> perfect)
IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:53 am

we desperately need a DM.i find hilarious how every non milan fan (and some milan fans) think that we are stacked with DMs.

My biggest wishes for this summer:Pato injury free,quality DM and Mbiwa
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:23 am

Sahin is on the market, with Madrid wanting a loan. Galliani specialty

Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down