AnJl
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I will wait.... Empty I will wait....

Post by AnJl Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:11 pm

for titles to come.

Why?

No, not because the current bunch arent good enough, but because they arent born gooners!
And personally feel that i feel is what is hindering Arsenal's ability from a top 4 team and a regular Champions league team to a powerhouse , i feel this is the main reason why we are mental midgets when we get onto the pitch, this is why we become lackadaisical when we lead a match and leave ourselves open to be pegged back (newcastle game still makes me want to hit something)

What made the invincibles , the INVINCIBLES ?!

Passion. Before Wenger's foreign revolution , Arsenal were wholly an english club with many players coming through the rank.

And during that time we were lead by Mr. Arsenal himself, Tony Adams.

So, when Wenger was made Arsenal Manager, his work was already half done. Why? Because any new player that came in, knew who the captain was and what he stood for. Adams drove all the passion he had for Arsenal into those players, they knew if did were lazy or half minded about anything Arsenal, Adams would smack some sense right into them , HE lead by example and made sure that whatever he did, the club was first on his mind,THAT not only made them great, but legends!

When Vieira was given the captain's armband, he knew the value of the armband through Adams, he knew what it meant to put the shirt on and walk onto the pitch. We were then lead through one of , if not THE greatest season in Arsenal's history when we went the whole season unbeaten. Money didnt drive any of the players, but the passion , coupled with the extraordinary talent at Wenger's fingertips that made that seaon memorable.

Things then started to deteriorate. One by one, as the invincibles broke up, we started losing the aura that should have actually lead us to immortality.

Note: If you had noticed, during the invincible season , almost each section (Attack, Midfield, Defender,Goalkeeper) was covered or held by an English man or an Arsenal player.

By the time Henry was made captain, he was left to do everything again and while he was the greatest Arsenal player, he couldnt lead the team because of the transition we were in. Alot new players had come in and most of them didnt really know what it was like to be an Arsenal player.

But what made us hit rock bottom and it is something that has actually destroyed the team was when Gallas was made captain.

While Gallas had the experience and passion of footballer , he was made captain after his first season , he didnt actually know the true meaning of the band and the shirt. He led, not because he wanted to but he had to.

This was made worse when Fabregas was made captain. Personal opinion: He was made captain because of the barca rumors that were not as much as now, but I think Wenger predicted it and it is the only reason why Fab has stayed as long as he has.

Then as players came in, they started coming in not because of the club, but because of the money and they knew that Champions League football was available annually.

And I actually think alot of the players that have left or are in the motion of leaving came here because of the money.

And why did this all happen? Because there was no passion for Arsenal.

While Fabregas, Nasri and Arshavin (forget dean , nick and almunia) are amazing players, the problem is, with the club having to start from near scratch after the invincibles left, the passion that was exuded from the invincbles was not felt by the current bunch.

It has and what will be the biggest hindrance to this club.

It is all clear to see through one person how passion can make you far greater , Wilshere .

Why?
We and almost most of the footballing world know that Wilshere is already a good player for both club and country, but what really makes him stand out or atleast made him stand out from this season is his passion and love for Arsenal.

He would jump at 50-50 balls, fight against players taller and stronger than him, he would chase down players quicker than him, why? why would he goes through such extremes ?

Because he was had learnt from a very young age what it is like to don the Arsenal shirt. He knows what it is like to feel the pain of not winning a title and I think he has been hardened by not winning a title this season.

When i hear many players saying we want to win titles , we will win , we have the mentality. NO. you never have , you never will. Why? Because you dont know the meaning of being an Arsenal player.

Just look at the other English clubs , Terry , Gerrard , Rio at one point were all captains of their clubs and they drove into the other players what it meant to play for their club.

It is not hard to notice that once the scandal surrounding Terry's affair hit , little by little Chelsea were going down, It is not hard to see that when Gerrard stops playing , Liverpool stops playing. It is not hard to notice that once Kenny Daglish took over the club as manager, the clubs fortunes turned. It is not hard to notice once Terry's scandal and Lampard had come back (mentally and physically) Chelsea were back on track.

Heck, look at Man U . What makes them amazing? You think they won the title on talent? PHLEASE! If our players had little bit more passion and love for Arsenal, we would have walked off with the title in March.

So, I will wait for the titles to come. The titles will only come once the players who have come here for money, a jump up or a fun time to leave.

If the current bunch of youngsters can fulfill their potential (a couple of them are starting to come in ) then this will turn the fortunes of this club so fast , it will make your head spin.

I believe the new bunch of players that are coming up : Afobe , Anekes , Lansbury , Bartely , Wilshere , Chesny, Frimpong , IF they fulfill their potential , coupled with RVP, Ramsey, Verm,Walcott, Song , Djour and Sagna (cause i feel these are the players who actually give a damn), without the need of any signing, world class or not; would make this club , in one simple yet underrated word, great.

I have all but one word more for all of you , Barcelona.

Hope it made sense and wasnt a COMPLETE waste of time Razz

COOOOMMMMMMEEEEE ONNNN ARRRSSEEEENNNAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

Last edited by AnJl on Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:55 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : ali reminded me that i forgot to put our golden boy in)
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

I will wait.... Empty Re: I will wait....

Post by Ali Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:26 pm

fantastic thread, really really amazing kudos for sure. although you missed Wilshere in your closing xD I honestly believe Frimpong and Lansbury have VERY bright futures! Once upon a time, I was tricked into believing Nasri was one of the players that gave a damn...
I will wait.... Tumblr_lbm2utAN3N1qeavm0o1_500
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:35 pm

Yep Ramsy too

One day Lansbury , Wilshere, Ramsey , Rvp , Verm, sagna will be the heart of Arsenal

I hope we see Lansbury a lot next season
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:55 pm

Spoken like a true gunner. Proud to have you in this forum brother. RESPECT.

Brings me back to one of my posts earlier, i think in the nasri thread. I mentioned that the team in becoming more individualistic and the "win together" mentality isn't there.. I think That is also a big big influence.. Its only when you have the passion that you play as a closely knit unit and then you "WIN TOGETHER".

HERE IS TO A BRIGHTER FUTURE WHERE WE WIN TOGETHER. Cheers!

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by jayp Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:37 pm

Can really feel the passion in this one...
jayp
jayp
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

http://twitter.com/#!/Jay_Peezzy

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:42 pm

ali8775 wrote:fantastic thread, really really amazing kudos for sure. although you missed Wilshere in your closing xD I honestly believe Frimpong and Lansbury have VERY bright futures! Once upon a time, I was tricked into believing Nasri was one of the players that gave a damn...
I will wait.... Tumblr_lbm2utAN3N1qeavm0o1_500

Hahaha

Slip of the mind, i had a section about him and then completely forgot to add him Laughing

I think Lansbury has a very bright future , more than frimpong . I personally like to see Lansbury succeed.

But this thread was more about me wanting to rather see them play than some of our current first teamers because of their love for Arsenal , i have always believed passion is what make the best great.

Im disappointed more in Clichy than Nasri , because he has been here longer and we made clichy the player he is today.

Nasri im disappointed because of the salaries he is asking for 3 months good work .

And thank you Smile

AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:54 pm

As Andy gray would say "take a bow son"

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:59 pm

srigooner wrote:Spoken like a true gunner. Proud to have you in this forum brother. RESPECT.

Brings me back to one of my posts earlier, i think in the nasri thread. I mentioned that the team in becoming more individualistic and the "win together" mentality isn't there.. I think That is also a big big influence.. Its only when you have the passion that you play as a closely knit unit and then you "WIN TOGETHER".

HERE IS TO A BRIGHTER FUTURE WHERE WE WIN TOGETHER. Cheers!

Im actually extremely happy and glad to be here among fellow gunners, and that is an understatement.

I completely agree with you about

"I mentioned that the team in becoming more individualistic and the "win together" mentality isn't there.

i dont mind individuals that stand out , but they should be playing for Arsenal, not for themselves , which sadly, isnt happening in my eyes. Henry stood above the rest, but he never ever put himself before the club,nor did any of the invincibles. this was all because they learnt the value of being an Arsenal player.

I mean its not surprising that emirates stadium becomes so quite, the players dont show passion , why should the fans scream their heart and souls out for players that do their jobs halfheartedly ?
Notice whenever Wilshere or RVP get a touch on the ball , suddenly the voice decible is cranked up. When Arsenal played Barca, the players gave a damn and that wasnt lost aong the fans , they saw their teams putting an effort in and they gave them the 12th man they needed to beat Barca.

Give a damn about the club, show passion and love and then you will win your trophies. - what i would simply tell the players.

I honestly think when someone like Wilshere or Verm takes over (im still little bit iffy on Verm , but the fact he stated that he wanted the captain's armband the day he came from Ajax and his never say die attitude, shows this guy isnt here for the ride ), you will see the fortunes of the club shoot straight up.

I would leave RVP out of the captains race or better keep him as vice captain only because while he shows passion and love for Arsenal , his injures keep him out for a long time , so he isnt there all the time , but still , definitely my vice captain.

And i mean when i say this , if Wenger starts from scratch again ,but includes atleast one ARSENAL youth player in each section of the field , i will stand by him and wait for the trophies, because trust me , once it clicks , we will actually be able to walk alongside the likes of Barca.

And thank you Smile
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:03 pm

jayp wrote:Can really feel the passion in this one...

Thank you , as long is it gets through im happy Smile
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:05 pm

tsgooner1 wrote:As Andy gray would say "take a bow son"

I will miss him Sad

We got to give the english some credit to football Razz

Thanks btw Smile
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:28 pm

I have always said this that Arsenal is the future of football, its just that one small step to take down one trophies and will, Arsenal will be a dynasty.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:02 am

As our lad put it, "decade of trophies at Arsenal"..

I wonder how many in our current squad have even heard of "Fever Pitch".. And then there are people, me included, who are moved to tears each and every single time I watch the movie.. First time I saw the movie in 98 was when I understood what passion really is.. And this kind of passion can't really be seen in other endeavours in life..

A really good friend of mine wrote in a testimonial to me in high school, "Supporting a football club, is like getting married. 20 years later, if I run into you, I'd expect you to still be a gooner." {In India, as in most conservative societies, marriage is a big deal and family comes first Wink }

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:08 am

On the subject of classic media, I wonder how many of the current crop have heard of this song:

Arsenal Hot Stuff

Very Happy

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:18 am

They should be made to listen to Away Boyz on a continuous loop Very Happy

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:36 am

Raptorgunner wrote:I have always said this that Arsenal is the future of football, its just that one small step to take down one trophies and will, Arsenal will be a dynasty.

its just a small ste of wanting to win for the club and not for yourself and then Arsenal will be a dynasty Cool
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:45 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:On the subject of classic media, I wonder how many of the current crop have heard of this song:

Arsenal Hot Stuff

Very Happy

Good stuff Very Happy
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:54 pm

should I make a song for Arsenal ?
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:10 pm

ali8775 wrote:should I make a song for Arsenal ?

Wonderful idea Smile Come on ali, show us your poetic side Smile

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by mizG4Lyf Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:02 pm

Immense article. Congrats. For some reason i still just cant bring myself to believe whats happening with nasri. Its like the reporters are confusing this period for april fools day! And now clichy too?

mizG4Lyf
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:37 am

Bump!

OP of the season. :bow:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:19 am

Yeah.. Its what passion that makes players extraordinary and be legends.. And i think that is what RVPs leadership has done last season.. And its great that we have oVermelen, Kos, Wilshere, etc.. And thats why i want players who want to play for us and will give 100% more than who are talented...
United is a perfect example.. Their players dont have half our talent but its their passion that does the job..
So i see us only going FORWARD...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:30 pm

Gael Clichy feels winning the title with Manchester City justifies his decision to leave Arsenal last summer.

Clichy was Roberto Mancini's first-choice at left-back for the storming run-in that saw City clinch their first title since 1968, in total starting 28 out of the club's 38 league games.

"It's funny, but I am a vastly different player this year since I moved to City," mused Clichy.

"In my head, it is a turning point in my career. I wanted to see where it could take me. I do not regret it for a moment, as I have gained in self-confidence.

"It has been 10 years that I have played in the Premier League, which is not bad.

"I am champion of England and that is important in the life of a player, one feels stronger."

If such players play for Arsenal,we'll have to wait for a long,long time Evil or Very Mad
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:12 am

srigooner wrote:Bump!

OP of the season. :bow:

You have a place in my heart Sri :bow:

Dont care homo or no homo
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:14 pm

mate, we can still buy players who wants to play for us

Look at sagna, look at kos, look at Rozza

what makes them so committed?

They knew the value of their shirts, especially sagna, Sagna was like that young musician whose first song is a hitlist Number 1, he would challenge everything

and you know what I love about him, he does not come out to say fake shit like " WE weould win the title".. he knows his shit,. like a true Gooner, heeps quiest makes the job done..

Believe it when I trell you this, we are getting more coverage not winning titles than when we did, and having talkative like Nasri spurred that
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:00 pm

Great article AnJI ...sincerely....i just hav to add this...U have a Hot Prospect based @ur profile also Smile ......Awesome Wink

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next